PDA

View Full Version : Great Gurhalian Cup - Round 1 Begins!

xBladeM6x
Dec 1, 2008, 10:41 PM
Mission:

Awoken Serpent S2

Brackets:

Xbox 360: http://tinyurl.com/5hsf42

PC/PS2: http://tinyurl.com/63az7r

Offical Rules and FAQ:

http://tinyurl.com/5kkl4y

Good Luck Everyone! (Ten Star V is My team) :D

DAMASCUS
Dec 2, 2008, 01:56 AM
Its too late to join a team then...*sigh*.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

(make vids)

xBladeM6x
Dec 2, 2008, 02:13 AM
I have a video from one of my team's earlier training runs. I'll put it up in a little bit. ^^;

(http://tinyurl.com/5dwr7j)

Genoa
Dec 2, 2008, 02:20 AM
I think i'll do a video for our team :o Samurai Guns!
BanG! :D

xBladeM6x
Dec 2, 2008, 02:22 AM
I think i'll do a video for our team :o Samurai Guns!
BanG! :D

\^^/ Woot!

mvffin
Dec 2, 2008, 02:51 AM
Dear Fred is the team I'm on.
Probably won't get very far lol.

Awoken serpent is pretty dumb for a TA though. Its great when De Rol Le just decides to be invincible for 2-3 minutes at a time. Also, its a huge difference if you get a Vanda b3 as opposed to a Naval B3. >_>

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 06:30 AM

Awoken serpent is pretty dumb for a TA though. Its great when De Rol Le just decides to be invincible for 2-3 minutes at a time. Also, its a huge difference if you get a Vanda b3 as opposed to a Naval B3. >_>

Maps are choosable and you can restart until you get the map you desire.

Danny_Dark
Dec 2, 2008, 06:42 AM
Damn ! My XBOX360 is Broken...(No Fallout 3), I Guess I have to play PSU then...

Aries2384
Dec 2, 2008, 06:43 AM
Wow. The bracket pictures look like something a 10 year old would whip up on a computer. Good job Sega! I -like- where my $10 a month is going... not really.
Anyway. Best of luck to all the contestants. May you find short maps, may De Rol Le not be his usual prick self and stay just out of range, and may your hp stay high. Mind the diga!

Danny_Dark
Dec 2, 2008, 07:54 AM
I didn't Expect there so many People left...(Sigh)...

Seority
Dec 2, 2008, 08:33 AM
OH LOOK!
You guys finally decided to post something!
Thought you were going to pull a Segac there.

(Thanks for being late by THREE hours giving my team 5 mins of your time Ruby. Some good GM hosted event. Lol~)

TUSCAN
Dec 2, 2008, 08:35 AM
Is this really a GM organized time attack event that is using awoken serpent? Have any of these GMs ever played against De Rol Le? Do they understand how random his behavior can be?

I understand that this event is an effort to keep players from quitting, but it's really a giant flashing neon sign that reads 'ABANDON SHIP'.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 2, 2008, 09:04 AM
OH LOOK!
You guys finally decided to post something!
Thought you were going to pull a Segac there.

(Thanks for being late by THREE hours giving my team 5 mins of your time Ruby. Some good GM hosted event. Lol~)you gotta be fucking kidding me...

wow if this is how they manage to host an event then fuck em, every idea they have for trying to bring lift into the game again = fail unless it's actual content that works.

we all know they have more then one GM that goes in game, why they heck didn't they choose 2-3 of them to watch the groups, instead of what seems like having one watch them all. personally i'm kind of glad that i didn't sign up for a team considering how well this one seems organized

Triton
Dec 2, 2008, 09:36 AM
This bites I would be in this event but I cant enter because of my class schedule. Why do they always but events when other people cant even play because of their schedules.

Kinako78
Dec 2, 2008, 09:38 AM
Its too late to join a team then...*sigh*.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

(make vids)

Q: I'm a solo player and want to see if any teams have openings. Where should I post?
A: Post here in the tournament forum! List your server, your class, and your ideal times.

Knock yourself out.

Seority
Dec 2, 2008, 10:25 AM
The 32 teams have already signed up.
He really can't join up.

amtalx
Dec 2, 2008, 10:55 AM
Not so. Two people on my team may be out. One due to a red ring, the other because his 360 was stolen...or we could beat some team with 3 people and make them feel stupid, haha.

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 02:33 PM
LOLWUT?!?

EDIT: About the 360 stolen..how the hell?

Aries2384
Dec 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
you gotta be fucking kidding me...

wow if this is how they manage to host an event then fuck em, every idea they have for trying to bring lift into the game again = fail unless it's actual content that works.

we all know they have more then one GM that goes in game, why they heck didn't they choose 2-3 of them to watch the groups, instead of what seems like having one watch them all. personally i'm kind of glad that i didn't sign up for a team considering how well this one seems organized

Woah woah. The gm's who hosted the event were late? What kind've friggin customer service is that? Great way to kick off this crap cup event that you guys cooked up half-cocked. Fail sega. Truly fail. I really wish their building would collapse and they'd go under. Righteous justice please.

amtalx
Dec 2, 2008, 02:46 PM
LOLWUT?!?

EDIT: About the 360 stolen..how the hell?

His house was broken into. I think it was the opposing team.

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 02:55 PM
Woah woah. The gm's who hosted the event were late? What kind've friggin customer service is that? Great way to kick off this crap cup event that you guys cooked up half-cocked. Fail sega. Truly fail. I really wish their building would collapse and they'd go under. Righteous justice please.

It's a good thing SEGA didn't host this event.

Aries2384
Dec 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
It's a good thing SEGA didn't host this event.

The GM's are under the employ of sega.. so.. yeah. It's technically a property of sega. It was an event held on THEIR game. It may not have been "hosted" by them, but it was done with their blessing. Tell me, how is this in any small way, NOT SEGA's fault?
Anyway, I made my point, not arguing about it. Just saying, everything that comes from the direction of the power-that-be (SEGA, ST, GM's w/e) has been lacking, lazy, and half-cocked...wether it be event, update or even information.

Cracka_J
Dec 2, 2008, 06:41 PM
(Thanks for being late by THREE hours giving my team 5 mins of your time Ruby. Some good GM hosted event. Lol~)

I'm rollin at this :lol:

I'm so very glad I'm not wasting my time on a filler event.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 2, 2008, 07:29 PM
Just more complaining.

hunterseifer
Dec 3, 2008, 02:04 AM
LMFAO, I was looking at the brackets, my guilds team is going against my friends team XD whats the chance of that

RubyEclipse
Dec 3, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and clarify a couple things -

Seority, can you specify what you're referring to with the three hour late comment? Only a handful of teams have already confirmed times with us and responded to lock them in, and we would have told you in advance if a requested time would work. Can you let me know?

Thanks!

Majarra
Dec 3, 2008, 05:53 PM
Didnt melchior quit....?

ashley50
Dec 3, 2008, 06:02 PM
His house was broken into. I think it was the opposing team.

I lol'd...

Ickyvin
Dec 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and clarify a couple things -

Seority, can you specify what you're referring to with the three hour late comment? Only a handful of teams have already confirmed times with us and responded to lock them in, and we would have told you in advance if a requested time would work. Can you let me know?

Thanks!

Rofl, I suppose some people here on the forums like to lie, just to make an excuse for bawing at the GM's, when the GM's don't really deserve it.

Take your bawing somewhere else. Biishhhh!!! xP

Alecc
Dec 4, 2008, 06:19 PM
Well, i don´t know about other teams, but after exchangin a few PM with ruby, we managed to get a time that would work for him, then confirmed it, and he was there right on time (that was yesterday afternoon). We gotta give him some credit, cause it seems he´s the only employee at sega...

(but im still very unhappy with the way SEGA treats us, by not telling us anything anytime at all, and the update thing..oh, i´m not gonna even start on that...) :D :D

Powder Keg
Dec 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
I'm rollin at this :lol:

I'm so very glad I'm not wasting my time on a filler event.

Yeah, sounds like a few people are....cupset.

NexGen
Dec 4, 2008, 11:07 PM

Yeah your team sux.

In other news, Ruby was right on time for us tonight - the opposing team kept him waiting.

mvffin
Dec 4, 2008, 11:45 PM
= P

yeah our opposing team was almost an hour late. >_<

we did get the easiest map though, almost no vanda at all. De Rol Le wasn't too much of a pain either, and ruby opened some of the boxes for us lol.

Also, I hope everyone knows the word.

MSAksion
Dec 5, 2008, 12:45 AM
PHEW The Aksion team passes to round 2 by 30 seconds over team 4th Floor Ninjas =O

I would like to thank my team of Magical Maid koyori, Dendyn Milo, Hewitt and my brother Lando. S. Aksion.

I would like to thank the 4th floor Ninjas as well. A hard fight and that De Rol Le does not land at all. Squeezit lets run GBR together this weekend.

And i would like to thank Ruby Eclipse and our GM Sage for supervising our run. Thank you all for the support if you gave any or if you had interest in the event at all. Guess it was not a waste of time for me at least ^_^

Alnet
Dec 5, 2008, 12:54 AM
PHEW The Aksion team passes to round 2 by 30 seconds over team 4th Floor Ninjas =O

I would like to thank my team of Magical Maid koyori, Dendyn Milo, Hewitt and my brother Lando. S. Aksion.

I would like to thank the 4th floor Ninjas as well. A hard fight and that De Rol Le does not land at all. Squeezit lets run GBR together this weekend.

And i would like to thank Ruby Eclipse and our GM Sage for supervising our run. Thank you all for the support if you gave any or if you had interest in the event at all. Guess it was not a waste of time for me at least ^_^
I have to confess, I'm having a lot more fun in this event than I thought I would.

Thanks to everyone participating, end to everyone watching and cheering from the sidelines. :3 If you're in fact jeering, we can't tell, because of all the whirling action, and so we'll just think you're cheering too. ;3

autumn
Dec 5, 2008, 02:01 AM
I've never run a time attack before so when we decided to get our names out there through this no one really expected us to get past the first round. I was so nervous and now I'm finding this to be really kinda exciting seeing as we managed to get to round 2. And Ruby is funny to have through a run, I think he was enjoying it ^_^

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 5, 2008, 02:27 AM
I've never run a time attack before so when we decided to get our names out there through this no one really expected us to get past the first round. I was so nervous and now I'm finding this to be really kinda exciting seeing as we managed to get to round 2. And Ruby is funny to have through a run, I think he was enjoying it ^_^

Yep, Mercenaries of Light Alpha owning up on the competition ^_^

In all honesty it was a close run and we were very lucky to have gotten through so fast. Black Dragons were on our heels all race and we managed to keep it at a few second gap.

I am very glad we had a skilled team to run against who whipped our unorganized butts into shape in a few hours time (the bulk of our practice was the 2 hours beforehand) and glad we were able to run against you.

If anyone wants to see a replay of the action, check out our other team Mercenaries of Light Beta as they take on Tekki Smells :P

Also feel free to stop by and show your support in our Mercenaries of Light / Order of the Guillotine Cross GBR runs later ^_^

KaiNova7
Dec 6, 2008, 04:12 AM
Nice to see you guys enjoying the event,congrats mahou and gang for making it to round 2.
Im rooting for you broh ^^

Zael
Dec 6, 2008, 04:24 AM
I'm really enjoying this event.

nyoro_n
Dec 6, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm curious what the second round mission will be, so my team can practice it more than we did with Awoken Serpant. My guess is one of the new Parum missions. (Electronic Brain would be hillarious)

NexGen
Dec 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
In light of both mvffin and I locking frequently there, I hope round 2 is not there. We'd lose our PT and FF at the same time :( lol