PDA

View Full Version : No more US/NA PS games for me.

unicorn
Dec 2, 2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah. I learned my lesson, playing anything outside JP versions is unsatisfying. I would cancel my subscription, but I already invested too much into this game to switch over. I'm under the impression that SoJ is racist, and SoA doesn't give a damn.

Every SINGLE PS (online) game has cattered to its JP players much more than its Western players:

- PSO GC continued recieving updates that US/EU weren't recieving
- PSO BB completely ignored its western players and killed the servers prematurely (while JP is still running)
- THIS game.

I'm importing PSZero, eff American release date.

Plan on getting PSP? I suggest importing/downloading the JP version. It seems that its supposed to recieve downloadable content. And if history has taught us anything, its that we won't recieve most of the content JP will get.

Annnd I'm not angry about it. I enjoy PSU, but I find this unfair. I just finally realized I'm paying the same as JP players pay for their service, but I'm not getting it.

Majarra
Dec 2, 2008, 04:07 AM
Well i wouldnt go that far. But SEGA surely isnt ever getting a full 60 from me again.

Kylie
Dec 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
Just how it is. If more people liked the game over here; SOA, SOJ, and ST would spend more money and time on it, but I'm sure they all think it's just a waste. It's frustrating though because they don't even try to advertise it, and I think it'd do so much better if they did. I mean, I think the main reason that the 360 version has done so much better (disregarding the hacking thing) is because of the demo. Lots of people don't even know PSU exists outside of that.

I also think things would be much better if we were merged with the Japanese server. The reason we're not eludes me because surely they saw how bad PSO: BB bombed over here, but I think the reason is Xenophobia. They know their players don't want to play with us. They see our player base as insignificant compared to their main focus (JP), and what would their main focus have to gain from a server merge with us? Nothing really.

CelestialBlade
Dec 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
Not like Sega's the only company guilty of this. Games that originate in a given country usually keep their primary focus there, that's just how it is. You don't see America's FPS culture infiltrating Japan all that much, and since the Phantasy Star series as a whole has been far more successful in Japan than America....well, things should speak for themselves.

Look at the Namco's Tales series. As successful as the series is in America, it's created its own freaking subculture in Japan. As a result, we've only received roughly half of all the known Tales games in existence. It's mere marketing. This is not to say I condone SoA literally not giving a shit about the US PSU servers, but I won't say I don't understand what's going on here.

Saying you'll only accept SoJ service from here on out is all well and good, but making a statement about it is kinda like stating the obvious.

Inazuma
Dec 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
nice to see another person figure it out. the eng vers of pso/psu are just not worth it. either play the jp ver or dont bother at all.

Broodstar1337
Dec 6, 2008, 01:49 PM
Just how it is. If more people liked the game over here; SOA, SOJ, and ST would spend more money and time on it, but I'm sure they all think it's just a waste. It's frustrating though because they don't even try to advertise it, and I think it'd do so much better if they did. I mean, I think the main reason that the 360 version has done so much better (disregarding the hacking thing) is because of the demo. Lots of people don't even know PSU exists outside of that.

I also think things would be much better if we were merged with the Japanese server. The reason we're not eludes me because surely they saw how bad PSO: BB bombed over here, but I think the reason is Xenophobia. They know their players don't want to play with us. They see our player base as insignificant compared to their main focus (JP), and what would their main focus have to gain from a server merge with us? Nothing really.

You're right, they don't care. The problem is that their games bombing over in the west is their fault in the first place. Look at how little content PSU has in comparison to other MMOs. Hell, the game launched with a pitiful amount of content actually available to the player. The bad reviews this game got scared off a lot of potential customers and Sonic Team didn't exactly make it up to anyone by giving us a lack of content, numerous unfixed bugs and exploits, horrible representation, and I could go on forever but word on the street is that everyone here is sick of people bitching about everything Sonic Team is doing wrong with PSU.

PSU is such a hit in Japan because SOJ made the effort to get people to care about it. Halo is such a hit in the USA because Microsoft made the effort to get people to care about it. You see where I'm going with this? Sega not supporting PSU in the west happened because they never supported PSU in the first place, which in turn made the western gamer not support PSU.

Para
Dec 6, 2008, 04:28 PM
I doubt there will be any difference between PS0 for JP and NA unless sega goes the locked content route for DS which is highly unlikely...

unicorn
Dec 7, 2008, 01:54 AM
I doubt there will be any difference between PS0 for JP and NA unless sega goes the locked content route for DS which is highly unlikely...

I'm not taking any chances. I know elementary japanese, and wouldn't hurt learning more along the way.