PDA

View Full Version : DEATH KNIGHTS OF ACHERUS

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 03:45 PM
Minions of the darkness, hear the call of the High Lord!
http://1d4chan.org/images/9/92/Angry_Marine_Smackdown.jpg

CrimsomWolf
Dec 2, 2008, 03:49 PM
Burn the Heretic, Kill the Mutant, Purge the Unclean!

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 03:52 PM
Venerate the immortal emperor

CrimsomWolf
Dec 2, 2008, 03:56 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/SmashNstuff/sabertooth_marines_by_moritat.jpg

In the name of the Emperor, Finish this!

AlexCraig
Dec 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
More Bionicle?

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 04:27 PM
Spess mehrehns have been about far longer than bionicle

Randomness
Dec 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/SmashNstuff/sabertooth_marines_by_moritat.jpg

In the name of the Emperor, Finish this!

*Death Star blows up Earth*

You asked for it.

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 07:26 PM
You dumb star, they already do exteminatuses. These guys have slain millions, the innocent and guilty all in one stroke.

TalHex
Dec 2, 2008, 07:28 PM
Spess mehrehns have been about far longer than bionicle

but are they as fun to build with as bionicle?

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 07:40 PM
Blizzard and epic rip then off, what do you think?

TalHex
Dec 2, 2008, 07:43 PM
possibly... I'd much rather have Sacrifice and Heroes (and if you confuse Heroes of might and magic with the tv show Heroes i am going to smack you with this paper fan) bionicle toys...

Randomness
Dec 2, 2008, 09:35 PM
You death star, they already do exteminatuses. These guys have slain millions, the innocent and guilty all in one stroke.

Let me explain that one in blatantly-obvious-ese

Emperor orders Death Star to end it (the Space Marine's endless war) by blowing up the Emperor (And so they no longer have reason to fight)

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 09:41 PM
Unless man goes extinct the astartes will always war. :E

Randomness
Dec 2, 2008, 09:45 PM
Empire vs Imperium...

My bet's on the Empire. They've got better ships by a long shot. And Sith.

ShinMaruku
Dec 2, 2008, 09:57 PM
Not too sure if they have better ships... Astartes can out do the Sith with Librarians and chaos sorcerers.

Randomness
Dec 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
Not too sure if they have better ships... Astartes can out do the Sith with Librarians and chaos sorcerers.

Hyperdrive is infinitely more reliable and safe than warp travel. Also, turbolasers are far more effective than the solid ammunition of Space Marine warships. Not to mention ion cannons, shields, etc.

Oh, and numerous superweapons. My favorite is the Sun Crusher. Blow up entire systems with one shot. Also nearly invincible.

Shadowpawn
Dec 2, 2008, 11:08 PM
My money's on the Imperium. I like the Empire and all but c'mon on, they were beaten by a handful of rebels and a planet of wookies. >_>

NPCMook
Dec 3, 2008, 02:50 AM
Friends don't let friends play Necrons.

Also play something other than Space Marines... Everyone and their mom plays Space Marines...

Eh, at least is not Warmachine :wacko:

CrimsomWolf
Dec 3, 2008, 03:25 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/notdamian/necrons.jpg

Ha, Ha.

I bet on Imperium. Not all of their weponry is "classic" kinetic stuff - Laser Lances and plasma weponry is a basis for their naval forces, in most cases. Size-wise, their regular ships are also larger (2-3 km compared to 1,6 km of Star Destroyer). Empire has argubly larger flagships, though Imperium's are sturdier (I mean c'mon... in one novel Executor-class was destroyed by wing of X-Wings and armed freighters... :disapprove: ) In ground combat, Guard would give a hell lot of troubles to Storm Troopers, and Space Marines would pulverise them anytime. I suppose Jedi/Sith have better chance, but let's not forget psyionics...

However, a Necron armada would be probably able to exterminate both. At the same time.
Fortunately for Warhammer, No large Necron amada was yet seen... or nobody lived long enough to report it.

ShinMaruku
Dec 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
A necron armada is just plain cheating.. Seriously, their pylons would do the job. XD

Randomness
Dec 3, 2008, 05:59 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/notdamian/necrons.jpg

Ha, Ha.

I bet on Imperium. Not all of their weponry is "classic" kinetic stuff - Laser Lances and plasma weponry is a basis for their naval forces, in most cases. Size-wise, their regular ships are also larger (2-3 km compared to 1,6 km of Star Destroyer). Empire has argubly larger flagships, though Imperium's are sturdier (I mean c'mon... in one novel Executor-class was destroyed by wing of X-Wings and armed freighters... :disapprove: ) In ground combat, Guard would give a hell lot of troubles to Storm Troopers, and Space Marines would pulverise them anytime. I suppose Jedi/Sith have better chance, but let's not forget psyionics...

However, a Necron armada would be probably able to exterminate both. At the same time.
Fortunately for Warhammer, No large Necron amada was yet seen... or nobody lived long enough to report it.

You're downplaying the amount of force used to crack Lusankya. It was fifty-something freighters loaded with numerous launchers each, firing in a single volley.

I should note that sturdiness in the naval ships wont help you if you can't defend against ion weaponry, since that'll leave you dead in space, no weapons. (And I don't recall the Imperium possessing advanced electronics systems that can soak up ion barrages) Additionally, if you throw in New Republic era stuff, you get more than enough Jedi to counter any Imperium fleet's offensive complement of psykers. Jedi would also wreak havoc with Imperium navigation, because they could cripple the psykers needed for it. Plus, as I've said, hyperdrives and nav comps are far better for inter-system travel. As well as tactical application of microjumps. (See: A-Wing Slash maneuver, Interdictor Cruiser ambushes, etc)

As a final note, Luke Skywalker. (Seriously, the guy gets made into a freaking demigod in the novels - not literally, but...)

Oh, and an orbital strike on Terra would screw the Imperium fleet completely if it took out the Astronomicon.

Tessu
Dec 3, 2008, 06:08 PM
Stop speaking Greek.

ShinMaruku
Dec 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
It would be hella hard for anybody to hit terra through.
Matter of fact only the necrons have capablity to do so. XD

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 3, 2008, 06:57 PM
Stop Greeking speak.
This is weirder than threads about PSYOU.

Although I do applaud your passion of process and info pertaining to this palatable perfunctory post-off. :pumpkin: pie:

Randomness
Dec 3, 2008, 07:04 PM
It would be hella hard for anybody to hit terra through.
Matter of fact only the necrons have capablity to do so. XD

The Imperium completely lacks defenses against hyperspace technology. It would be a trivial matter to jump to the Sol system, orient towards Terra, and microjump to it. The ships would come out right on top of the defenders, and quite possibly PAST them. (Depending on the deployment)

Plenty of time to unload salvos of heavy turbolasers into the palace. Easy kill, since Terra lacks planetary shields.

ShinMaruku
Dec 4, 2008, 02:30 AM
The Imperium completely lacks defenses against hyperspace technology. It would be a trivial matter to jump to the Sol system, orient towards Terra, and microjump to it. The ships would come out right on top of the defenders, and quite possibly PAST them. (Depending on the deployment)

Plenty of time to unload salvos of heavy turbolasers into the palace. Easy kill, since Terra lacks planetary shields.
Folks in terra do have premonitions about these things.
The warp travel is still essentially Hyperspace but in a bit different medium :E

That said one should really not put thinks in the 40k universe since the necons are just plain broken.

That said the empire would not be able to hold a protracted battle aginst the imperium since the imperium just has that much to bleed.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 4, 2008, 02:56 AM
Fact remains, that Lusankya was a Super Star Destroyer, Executor-class ship. Regardless of number of torpedoes unleashed, I still think it went too easy, considering how powerful they made it out to be. Also, the original Executor was downed by a single sucidal ramming attack from A-wing. Now *that's* emberassing. Added to fact that save for TIE-fighters, it has no solid anti-fighter defenses. Actually few ships aside from Lancer-class frigate has it in Empire...

Also, I've heard that Imperium does have shields, but they're pretty rare. And they're not intrested in in mass using them, as Imperium is not concerned about the dead.

Similary, I don't think there's a chance for Empire's fleet to approach Holy Terra wholy undetected. True, micro-jumping is a good tactic, but they have to:

Either send Intredictor's first - which most likely will end-up destroyed
Or
Jump out, input co-ordinates ultra-carefully, jum in and jump out.

In both cases, Imperium will most likely know that they're coming.

That aside, there's no way in hell Empire would beat Necrons - some Eldar myths say that there were even more powerful hordes of them - If that's truth, things are bound to end up ugly.
The Necrons today are powerful enought to inflict heavy losses to anyone in hole galaxy, and everyone agrees that they're just vanguards. I would be scared how the actual *armada* would be.

Secondly, Necron Gauss weponry is capable of disintegrating anything including even Eclipse-class ship.

Lastly, the Jedi would have the Warp Demons to worry about - there's an infinite number of them, and even one slip of a mind would be fatal.

ShinMaruku
Dec 4, 2008, 04:16 PM
Well the Necron and their c'tan are the reason why daemons exists since they put the fear of death in all races expect orks. (They may be silly but these gits are G)
The Necron beat the hell out of the old ones so aside from them and the nids they'd kill everything. :E