PDA

View Full Version : So what are you playing to tie yourself over until PSZ?

Niered
Dec 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
Simple thread, were all awaiting PSZ with baited breath, so what are you playing to keep yourself from going insane waiting for it to come out? Tell us what it is, why you like it, etc.

Im playing Rune Factory 2. Never like the Harvest Moon games, but Rune Factory gets it right. Fun, multigenerational, and loads of content.

Im also playing a good amount of Shining Soul 2. Both are DS games, Im obviously looking forward to the fact that PSZ is a portable ORPG!

Akaimizu
Dec 2, 2008, 04:28 PM
On the DS. I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Age of Empires: Mythologies.

On the PSP. It's pretty much been Phantasy Star Portable.

Playing various games across the consoles and the PC.

AlexCraig
Dec 2, 2008, 04:46 PM
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
PSOBB
Animal Crossing Wild World

VanHalen
Dec 2, 2008, 04:56 PM
Ragnarok Online
Defcon
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Vanzazikon
Dec 2, 2008, 05:02 PM
PSOBB
FFCC RoF
Chrono Trigger DS

Zarode
Dec 2, 2008, 05:40 PM
Left 4 Dead
The Adventure of Crono: The Trigger of Chrono DS Deluxe Limited Reserve only Version 2.3 :wacko:
Anything else I can get my grubby little hands on.

Shiroyu
Dec 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Probably my most favorite game ever. Fun gameplay, the greatest song creator I've ever seen in a game, plus the ability to download songs)
Castlevania Judgment (It's not great, but it's good fun, especially with friends)
Ragnarok Online (This MMO has consumed 5 years of my life, then I stopped playing, and now I just started again)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (<3 this game, and the fact that my friends are hardcore with this game means that I'll always have a challenge.)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (MH = love)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (12/12) (They just announced that the final boss is the final boss in Okami, so C'MON, AMATERASU!!)
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (12/12) (Oh Kita Saitama2000~~~... how I loathe thee.)
Ragnarok Online DS (12/19) (Great. Mixing my favorite MMO with my favorite console. Yaaay.)

On the non-video game side, World of Warcraft TCG, Magic the Gathering, and Dungeons and Dragons.

Typoe
Dec 2, 2008, 06:38 PM
For now Disgaea 3 until I get tired of making maxed out characters then I will move onto something else.

the_importer_
Dec 2, 2008, 06:50 PM
Got a bunch of unfinished games:

-Chrono Trigger (DS, just started)
-Eternal Sonata (PS3, half way)
-Okami (Wii, barely played it)
-Mario Kart Wii (still haven't unlocked everything)
-Mahou Sensei Negima!? Neo-Pactio Fight!! (Wii, need to finish with every characters)
-Bomberman (Wii, full game, need to finish story mode 2nd quest)

Older stuff
-Killer 7 (NGC, didn't even play it, bought it for $5 at EB)
-Pikmin 2 (NGC, finished the game, but not 100%)
-Beyond Good & Evil (NGC, I get tired of stealth real fast)

Be3n
Dec 2, 2008, 09:37 PM
Im playing PSO
<(^0^)>

and the ocarina (the instrument)

DeathMachine
Dec 2, 2008, 10:32 PM
PSO, Super Paper Mario's Flopside Pit of 100 trials x2 and Sammer Guy kingdom, Shining Force in my SEGA Smash Pack 2 (for the fourth time), PSO, Brawl (who isn't? :D ), Sonic Unleashed, and...PSO.

Gemel
Dec 2, 2008, 10:38 PM
FF 3 for the DS even though I've beaten it like 60 times, I might try and play PS Collections and probably not much else since my Xbox got those rings of death.

Seira7
Dec 2, 2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I just got my PSP a while back, *yay rose pink* and Im playing the two games I have for it, MHF2 and TOTW:RM. Both are sooooo fun. <3

A little of Imagine Online. I had kind of given up PC MMOs but this one is kinda cool...
we'll see.

Valkyrie Chronicles and LBP on ps3.

SOma Bringer on the DS and....
Ragnarok Online is coming to the DS? wahhh, my necks gonna be killing me now! lol.
I spend half my gaming time on a handheld these days :p

Aumi
Dec 3, 2008, 04:08 AM
PSO, S4 League, some console games that I haven't yet finished... And even PSU when the update's there. :wacko:

Saphion
Dec 3, 2008, 06:07 AM
I'm mostly playing Left 4 Dead with my friends when I can. Fantastic fun when you play with friends.
Right now, my priority is to sort out my spare room into an animating studio but good God, is it making me hemorrhage money!

I did get a PSP the other month with a few games (Monster Hunter, Crisis Core, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid and Silent Hill) but lost interest in it after two weeks and haven't used it since. :(

Linestar777
Dec 3, 2008, 02:21 PM
Castlevania Judgement
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Tales of Symphonia 2 (it's alright...not as good as the first... not that far)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate
Final Fantasy 4 DS

And of course, PSO BB (just started 2 days ago XD ).

ShadowInferno119
Dec 3, 2008, 02:24 PM
Simple thread, were all awaiting PSZ with baited breath, so what are you playing to keep yourself from going insane waiting for it to come out? Tell us what it is, why you like it, etc.

Im playing Rune Factory 2. Never like the Harvest Moon games, but Rune Factory gets it right. Fun, multigenerational, and loads of content.

Im also playing a good amount of Shining Soul 2. Both are DS games, Im obviously looking forward to the fact that PSZ is a portable ORPG!
Shining Soul II DS? I'm sorry when did I miss this? Is it Jap only? When did it come out?

oh and on topic.
Basically just finishing up my RPGs.
FF:IV ; Soma Bringer; FFA T2 (DS); and just started Chrono Trigger (For my first time).

And ofcourse on 12/18 i'm going to be playing Ragnarok Online DS.

Aeternus
Dec 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
castlevania - order of occessia and tecmo bowl: kickoff

Niered
Dec 3, 2008, 04:45 PM
Shining Soul II DS? I'm sorry when did I miss this? Is it Jap only? When did it come out?

oh and on topic.
Basically just finishing up my RPGs.
FF:IV ; Soma Bringer; FFA T2 (DS); and just started Chrono Trigger (For my first time).

And ofcourse on 12/18 i'm going to be playing Ragnarok Online DS.

Woops. Meant I was playing it on my DS, its a GBA game.

Korei
Dec 3, 2008, 05:45 PM
Disgaea DS and Super Mario Advance 4.

jmanx
Dec 4, 2008, 12:33 AM
still playing psobb

VanHalen
Dec 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
Ragnarok Online DS (12/19) (Great. Mixing my favorite MMO with my favorite console. Yaaay.)

I'm definitely getting that.

Vanzazikon
Dec 4, 2008, 12:23 PM
What? Ragnarok online is coming for DS? Man, I'm always late.

NEOxSNIPER
Dec 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
psu
metroid fusion
metroid zero mission
metroid
metroid prime 1, 2, 3
halo 3
killer 7
pokemon pearl

Shiroyu
Dec 4, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm definitely getting that.

Interested in playing online with me? I'm not sure if 2-2s or extended classes (Other than taekwon, but is that really considered an ext. class?) will be in, but I plan to main either a taekwon if they still get the perma-TK bonuses or a priest.

And to not be totally off topic, I'm also playing S4 League.

VanHalen
Dec 4, 2008, 07:51 PM
Interested in playing online with me? I'm not sure if 2-2s or extended classes (Other than taekwon, but is that really considered an ext. class?) will be in, but I plan to main either a taekwon if they still get the perma-TK bonuses or a priest.

And to not be totally off topic, I'm also playing S4 League.

When I get it though. Hopefully soon. In terms of classes if I'll probably toss up between monk or priest as my main. Probably priest since I already have a champion as my main on the server I play on. Or maybe something I've never played like lord knight or paladin.

Kent
Dec 4, 2008, 09:08 PM
Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery... And probably Sonic Unleashed eventually.

And, of course, making my own game(s) for a while.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 4, 2008, 10:59 PM
When I get it though. Hopefully soon. In terms of classes if I'll probably toss up between monk or priest as my main. Probably priest since I already have a champion as my main on the server I play on. Or maybe something I've never played like lord knight or paladin.
Hmm, could I join in on this, i'm pretty sure its 3's btw. And i'll probably be a Priest too. Oh i'll be getting this launch.

Celsore
Dec 6, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'm gona get back to playing PSO, after i get my main char off of my friends mem card.
SRO (Spiritus RO)
ACCF! (Animal Crossing City Folk)
watch vids on youtube about PSZ torturing myself... T_T

DaMattGuy
Dec 7, 2008, 12:35 PM
I'm currently playing every good RPG my TINY A** TOWN (ROAAAAAR!!!!) actually got on store shelves. To be specific: Pokemon D/P, Disgaea 3 (actually had to pre-order it online), FFIII DS, PSO GC, PSU AotI, Fable II (but not the pub games GRRRR!), PS 1, 2, 3, & 4, every Pokemon game before D/P (except Red, Blue, and Crystal since the internal battery died, so they no longer keep the save file after powering off).
Oh, and PSO BB through a free online server, but I play my GC ep. 1&2 more since I started that ages ago and have some high levels on it.

VR-Raiden
Dec 7, 2008, 01:10 PM
psu
metroid fusion
metroid zero mission
metroid
metroid prime 1, 2, 3
halo 3
killer 7
pokemon pearl
You, my friend, have made a wise decision.

As for me, I'll continue playing Blueburst and fighting games.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 7, 2008, 01:29 PM
Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Portable, and Sonic Unleashed. :P

Oh duh, Rock Band 2 also.

DaMattGuy
Dec 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Portable, and Sonic Unleashed. :P

Oh duh, Rock Band 2 also.

Oh snap! I can't believe I forgot Rock Band 1&2...

Epically Leet
Dec 8, 2008, 01:08 AM
...I might go play some Phantasy Star IV. Oh, and I feel like playing Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst... if only it would work.

Oh, and I've been playing quite alot Atlantica Online (awesome MMORPG). And Soldat. And Counter-Strike: Source.

Ya, there you go.

ThePainMaker
Dec 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
PSU AI
Fallout 3
Stupid pc games from nes and snes

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2008, 12:49 PM
I'm adding Sonic Unleashed to that list as well. I'm pleasantly surprised by that game, actually. Oddly enough, when I first played it and hit one big non-game-stopping bug, but after that, it's been smooth sailing. On the other hand, the reviews definitely made the game sound a bit worse than it was. Maybe, it's because I kind of enjoy the rampaging Werehog levels. However, yes, the regular Sonic levels are probably the best designed Sonic levels I've seen, in a long time. (especially for being 3D). It's about as close to capturing exactly what they needed to capture, since they made him 3D.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
you can add avalon code to my list. To those of you who like j-arpg's well this is your title, just released, and very text heavy unfortunately. But its sort of calming my action-rpg need till PSŲ (its for the DS the graphics are Ah-mazing.

Saphion
Dec 8, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm adding Sonic Unleashed to that list as well. I'm pleasantly surprised by that game, actually. Oddly enough, when I first played it and hit one big non-game-stopping bug, but after that, it's been smooth sailing. On the other hand, the reviews definitely made the game sound a bit worse than it was. Maybe, it's because I kind of enjoy the rampaging Werehog levels. However, yes, the regular Sonic levels are probably the best designed Sonic levels I've seen, in a long time. (especially for being 3D). It's about as close to capturing exactly what they needed to capture, since they made him 3D.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything said here.

Frog
Dec 8, 2008, 02:53 PM
Diablo2 + Lord of Destruction expansion (PC)
PSO Episodes 1&2 Plus (Gamecube via Wii)

psofan219
Dec 8, 2008, 03:45 PM
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (beat/still working on)
PSO Ep. 1 & 2
Baten Kaitos: Origins (Still working on)
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (beat)
Guitar Hero: On Tour (beat)
Spy Hunter (beat)
Halo 2 (still working on)
Yu-Gi-OH: The Falsebound Kingdom (beat)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legends (beat)
Custom Robo (beat story line; still working on finding all illegal parts)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (recently 100% beaten)

Basically, I got a lot of games to hold me over, some of which I didn't even list. The ones listed are just my faves.

Vanzazikon
Dec 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
I think I'll get that Ragnarok DS game.

RappyKid
Dec 11, 2008, 05:21 PM
Anything i get and thsts worth playing(although i,ll probaly collect for the DSi so i wont be getting alot)

Epically Leet
Dec 12, 2008, 09:42 AM
Gonna play Fallout 3 in a bit. And maybe Exteel. And maybe Infantry Online. And maybe Prince of Persia. And maybe Savage 2.

...Yeah, okay.

CLARK
Dec 12, 2008, 06:06 PM
PSO on gamecube. It's the only game that can keep me entertained for more than 5 minutes. Yeah... pretty much.