PDA

View Full Version : AotI How do you change the weapon's colors?

Bobby1989
Dec 3, 2008, 03:37 AM
I'm just wondering how do you change the weapon's color is there any way of doing it? cuz i wanna change my Chainsawd's color to Red instead of its normal color Blue, a lil help?

Aumi
Dec 3, 2008, 03:57 AM
It's the weapons elemental color, you can't change it.
Blue is ice element (can freeze enemies), red is fire (can cause burn), yellow is lightning (can paralyze), orange is earth (can cause silence effect), purple is dark (can cause virus effect), white is light (can cause confusion and/or sleep). Green is just neutral.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 3, 2008, 04:11 AM
It's the weapons elemental color, you can't change it.
Blue is ice element (can freeze enemies), red is fire (can cause burn), yellow is lightning (can paralyze), orange is earth (can cause silence effect), purple is dark (can cause virus effect), white is light (can cause confusion and/or sleep). Green is just neutral.

This is semi-correct, however the only instances of those elements inflicting their Status Effects (burn for fire, freeze for ice, etc...) are for ranged weaponry and whips.

A sword that is fire element only deals extra damage against ice enemies, less against fire enemies, and normal damage to all other elements. Striking weapons other than whips do not inflict status ailments linked to their element. However some striking weapons do carry their own Status Effects.

In short: No, you cannot change your striking weapon's color without finding a new one in the element you want it in.

dogg1000
Dec 3, 2008, 09:04 AM
spray paint

Aumi
Dec 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
This is semi-correct, however the only instances of those elements inflicting their Status Effects (burn for fire, freeze for ice, etc...) are for ranged weaponry and whips.

A sword that is fire element only deals extra damage against ice enemies, less against fire enemies, and normal damage to all other elements. Striking weapons other than whips do not inflict status ailments linked to their element. However some striking weapons do carry their own Status Effects.

In short: No, you cannot change your striking weapon's color without finding a new one in the element you want it in.

Wait as far as I've seen in my 1½ years of playing this game, striking weapons CAN inflict their elements status effect. The chance for this is just lower than if it's ranged or casting. Whips are somewhat special. That is, if I do remember correctly...

lantis-zagato
Dec 3, 2008, 11:19 AM
A few striking weapons can inflict status effects, but the majority of them do not. One that comes to mind is the 8 star GRM sword inflicts poison I think.

desturel
Dec 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
Wait as far as I've seen in my 1½ years of playing this game, striking weapons CAN inflict their elements status effect. The chance for this is just lower than if it's ranged or casting. Whips are somewhat special. That is, if I do remember correctly...

"Some" weapons have cause status effects, but in general melee weapons do not.

Sweet Death and Gudda Skella causes Sleep
Frying Pan causes Burn
Melton's Frypan causes poison
Silence Claw causes incapacitate
Deva-zashi silences
Fuka-Misaki freezes
Zanshu-misaki causes infection
etc.

But in general they don't do anything. Crimson does not cause burn even though it's burning. An ice chainsawd doesn't freeze enemies. A lightning Vish Adac causes stun, not shock. The status effect is linked to the weapon more so than the element.

You may have been using an RCSM when you noticed status effects happening with melee weapons.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 4, 2008, 05:11 PM
Short simple answer:

Striking weapon: You synth it with the different elemental photons. You can't change it once it's synthed. Some can only be made one element though

Ranged weapon: Buy bullet PA's from NPC shop. Each gun has 6 elements(colors).

Force Weapon: Put techs of the same element entirely. For rods, that would require 4.

Hope this helps.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
I believe the 8* sword (starts with a "j") casues poison

pikachief
Dec 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
jogiri :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 4, 2008, 09:03 PM
jogiri :)

yea that one :P

NoiseHERO