PDA

View Full Version : Text Bubbles/symbol chat

xBladeM6x
Dec 4, 2008, 08:46 PM
I kinda wish that I could make *Actual* faces in the text bubbles. Like PSO style where you could customize it. In this case, which one of the PSO-World smile things would you use the most, if able to be used in PSU?

Mine would be this: :wacko:

Yes I was bored, yes I have too much time on my hands. :D

Powder Keg
Dec 4, 2008, 08:47 PM
You mean symbol chat? I miss that from PSO.

ashley50
Dec 4, 2008, 08:48 PM
then play PSO...if you miss them.

Powder Keg
Dec 4, 2008, 08:55 PM
then play PSO...if you miss them.

What an excellent post.

SStrikerR
Dec 4, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, anybody remember the pleasant things people used to make with them? No thanks.

Powder Keg
Dec 4, 2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah, anybody remember the pleasant things people used to make with them? No thanks.

Good point...I was actually reminded of that when I was playing BB for a bit. It looks like "Inappropriate drawings by timmy age 6." On the other hand, there have been ones my friends and I have made (non-sexual) that were always good for laughs and situations.

Kylie
Dec 4, 2008, 09:31 PM
Eh, during the the times I played PSO: BB, I wasn't that interested in symbol chat.

It just serves as a time killer, but I wouldn't object to pre-made smilies. *lazy*

SStrikerR
Dec 4, 2008, 09:34 PM
The symbol chat could be/is fun but with the amounts of maturity, (or lack thereof) it could turn out pretty offensive.

TheOneHero
Dec 4, 2008, 09:49 PM
I was pretty disappointed when PSU didn't have a symbol chat function.

Back on PSO, most of the PSOW Community had the :wacko: and :disapprove: as symbol chats. Some members had one for "FKL".

I always found the humanoid symbols pretty cool, from the ninja to the "flying girlie attack...thing" (it was cool, XD)

Some were pretty offensive though, but I haven't seen much of those on the private server.

xBladeM6x
Dec 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not bashing the game or anything lol. I'm just saying it would have been entertaining to have them. >.>

gratefulgriz
Dec 4, 2008, 11:53 PM
i too was disappointed about not having symbol chat and photon chairs. wheres my photon chair? what a gip.

ErtaiClou
Dec 5, 2008, 12:50 AM
And through the looking glass if we didn't have cut-in chat and still using archaic symbol chat?

TheOneHero
Dec 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
i too was disappointed about not having symbol chat and photon chairs. wheres my photon chair? what a gip.

Oh man! I loved me some Photon Chair Races, those were so much fun!

xBladeM6x
Dec 5, 2008, 01:29 AM
Oh man! I loved me some Photon Chair Races, those were so much fun!
Gibs in next expansion? ^^;

ashley50
Dec 5, 2008, 01:39 AM
you can access them now...if you play PSO :l

TheOneHero
Dec 5, 2008, 01:51 AM
Sure we can, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about them being in PSU; which is what this about. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Dec 5, 2008, 07:00 AM
ashley wins this thread.

BUT D00D..THE SERVERS WENT DOWN..HOW CAN U PLAY?...WHAT THE EFF DAVID BLAINE?!

TheOneHero
Dec 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
ashley wins this thread.

BUT D00D..THE SERVERS WENT DOWN..HOW CAN U PLAY?...WHAT THE EFF DAVID BLAINE?!

Care to classify how ashley wins? I don't think either of you are quite grasping what this thread is about.

SStrikerR
Dec 5, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I don't exactly see how ashley "wins".

Powder Keg
Dec 5, 2008, 04:14 PM
If this were an emo contest, maybe...

I did lol @ drex's post though.

DreXxiN
Dec 5, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, you can LITERALLY WIN a thread, and Ashley INDEED fucking WON the thread guys. :)

Srs internet is srs.

It's really true though, I'm sure PSU was designed the way it was for a reason; all these features are back in PSO.

TheOneHero
Dec 5, 2008, 08:13 PM
Still no point and these posts about winning are childish.

There's little to no reason why the symbol chat and lobby chairs can't be in PSU. (I understand the lobby chairs to an extent, since PSU's lobbies aren't "real" lobbies. But they could easily be implanted in select areas.)

We know this stuff is in PSO. We know we can go play PSO if we want to. This isn't about that, this is about what it would be like to have these features in PSU.

I don't get where the members here come up shooting down everyone who mentions PSO and PSU in the same sentence/topic. It's ridiculous, it's immature, and it needs to stop.