PDA

View Full Version : Parum GBR Impressions

Cracka_J
Dec 6, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well since servers will be down for while, how about a nice little chat on the current Parum GBR. Hows everyone liking it so far? What have you leveled, and what interesting drops have you found? How is everyone digging the new Seed Express mission?

I guess to start off answering my own questions, I'm having a blast with it. Much more enjoyable then the previous 2 gbr's imo, due to the in-demand rares dropping. IS as a nice exp bonus is welcomed to the 10 additional leveling grinds, but I'd still prefer the drops on PF and will try to get the party to switch if nobody cares too much. Seed Express is a short, hot, fun mission with grouped mobs so there's never too much walking, but lots of fighting.

So yeah, overall I'd have to say I can't wait until the servers come back up to get some more in! :D

ashley50
Dec 6, 2008, 08:56 PM
Its alright so far...meeting and seeing friends that "dissapeared" came back.
Prolly seeing some "50% Boost only or BOOT" soon parties and such.
Greediness and the like...and Unluckyness too.

lainofthewired
Dec 6, 2008, 09:01 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's something new to do. Which is good to have especially if you are not in the tournament. Also I have run into the new random mission about 2 or 3 times while doing GBR. On the other hand it is a bit of a grind. I'm glad that it goes until January though.

Turb0
Dec 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
I like it, it's the first GBR I've really gotten into. Both previous GBRs I was focusing on leveling lower characters and didn't care a whole lot about the things dropping but now I'm actually doing the S2s and have a 36% boost. Haven't found the elusive shaft yet, but if I did I'd just do PF instead.

Noblewine
Dec 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
I can't believe the number of people that are in Parum. I've seen 2 or 3 stars. I like the event so far. The new mission rocks and I reach the holding capacity really quickly when I run s2 missions with friends. I managed to level Ank Redda to 32 and got Assault Crush to 25 as well as Rising Crush.

buzyb77
Dec 6, 2008, 09:09 PM
well I have played it a bit as well not as much as I would have liked due to work... but meh whatever

I find these mission lacking and still feel shorted on many of the updates that we should have already gotten.

also I think that the update should have implement game chanes like the Photon Charge Change

Also I still want my last 60 points from this game on my gamescore....

And I want the Changes to the Job to hurry up and the Master Classes that EVERYONE knew about a YEAR ago to come out

also with the way people are Speed playing through 1st mission and 2nd mission and Skipping the Mamma Brain missions it makes GBR pointless

Ryno
Dec 6, 2008, 09:12 PM
just hope Seed Express is the new white beast because i love having th coast right there.

Arika
Dec 6, 2008, 09:13 PM
It is nice to see you come back to enjoy PSU again :D
now, I m trying to gather stuff for big event coming soon.
(19th or 20th)

DAMASCUS
Dec 6, 2008, 09:18 PM
Its great just to see people online again and run some intense missions; although two MBs IS redundant.

I like the promise of some decent rares and will actually look forward to maxing out my score to see more goodies drop.

Ryno
Dec 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
It is nice to see you come back to enjoy PSU again :D

haha! i'll still play but not as addicted as i was 2 years straight before.

because in person i have a love for something. wink wink.. hahaha! 0_0 anyways back to the subject...................... . . .

Alecc
Dec 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
i´m lovin it :D :D

Cracka_J
Dec 6, 2008, 09:24 PM
It is nice to see you come back to enjoy PSU again

I never left. 3 months of nothing just puts me in a bad mood >_<

On another positive note though, props to PepperCat and Cellardoor for pushing the server to logoff with me. Those were some great runs we did today, the most fun I've had in awhile. Hope we can do that again =D

Kylie
Dec 6, 2008, 09:24 PM
I've always liked Rozenom because it reminds me of Resident Evil (Raccoon City, specifically). I've never liked Electronic Brain, but SEED Express is much better because it's not a HIVE reskin. It also doesn't have orcs, and Mother Brain doesn't bother me as a fighter. All in all, it's pretty fun. I wouldn't rave about it, but it breathes life into the game.

Juza
Dec 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
Drops are merely 'meh' to me, but it's a huge improvement over Neudaiz. There's actually something I want (LKK) and stuff I wouldn't mind having (guns for my alts!)

I am thrilled that this GBR is on Parum. I hate Neudaiz. I intend to crash an artificial satellite into Neudaiz. There will be no survivors.

I'm slightly disappointed with fighting Ma Brain twice. SEED Express makes up for it; if there's one bit of pure, unadulterated win in this GBR, that mission is it. Finally, a SEED mission that people won't get all whiny about running because megid and orcdillans aside, the mission is fast-paced, experience and drop-loaded woot.

Clunker
Dec 6, 2008, 09:28 PM
?Orcs?

What are these "Orcs" you speak of? In PSU?

Para
Dec 6, 2008, 09:28 PM
I've been pretty unlucky on material drops as they never go to me.
As for other drops, I was able to trade a Delphi for a Battlestopper :)

However..

We demand additional lumber!

Kylie
Dec 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
?Orcs?

What are these "Orcs" you speak of? In PSU?Orcdillan (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../beastiary/psu/1/124/orcdillan/). Didn't care enough to spell it out.

OldCoot
Dec 6, 2008, 09:35 PM
It is nice to see old friends come back and we really spammed the run. Got a lot of great things in the process.

I wonder though, that with an event like this, just about everyone will have basically a good assortment of the new items, thus making them common?

Anyway it is fun so far and we still have some weeks left to play.

Ryna
Dec 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
I wonder though, that with an event like this, just about everyone will have basically a good assortment of the new items, thus making them common?

That is what happened in the Neudaiz GBR. Some of the 12* equipment became so common that it was virtually worthless immediately following the event.

Back on-topic, the Parum GBR is entertaining so far. Sure there aren't many FO drops, but I'm just focusing on building up character levels and GBR percentages. The only mission that tends to be a drag is Electronic Brain S2. If you only have a couple of players on your team, it takes a while to finish.

Smidge204
Dec 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
I find it interesting that the GBR includes the new mission, which helps prevent people from spamming the crap out of it (and getting bored of it faster by consequence). Since your GBR boost is based on the mission you ran the least you have incentive to revisit the old missions. The addition of the S2 levels helps even more.

I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I ran the "circuit" five times today, and three of those five runs had Rappy spawns in Lightning Beasts. That seems unusually frequent? Anyone else have this "problem?" Not really complaining but I can't even give away all those Mega / Knight units. Plus I'm up to my eyeballs in Walker Line shields thanks to Mother Brain.

So far I'm at 16-16-16-14 (SP-LB-SE-EB) and decided to log off before I got kicked off. I do a lot of solo on B rank missions because forming a party takes way too long. I'd rather get started by myself and if others join mid-mission so much the better!

SEED Express is a good mission because it's physically short (not much running around) but still lots of enemies. It's almost constant action that way, and provides a little bit more challenge in the form of endurance. Plus, it's mostly Dark element mobs which gives the White Beast spammers something new to chew on.

P.S. SEED Express does have Orcdillans - they're thankfully uncommon, though. Only ran into them once so far... annoying things, they are.
=Smidge=

Juza
Dec 6, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I ran the "circuit" five times today, and three of those five runs had Rappy spawns in Lightning Beasts. That seems unusually frequent? Anyone else have this "problem?"

Coincidence. I fail at finding rare enemy maps, but I can always spam LB and find rappies within a few runs. LB's like, rappy headquarters or something.

hewitt
Dec 6, 2008, 09:47 PM
I love it! ^_^ It's brought so much of the popularity all together. Everyone's all happy. :P

As for rares: I found a lumirus / hit charge first run of SEED Express (which I love!), delpi (which synthed!), a load of par walna and hapotite, and 3 goldania. Also, on at least 3/5 of the circuits I've done, rappies appeared at SP each time. One time I got rappies at SP then at LB right in a row, nothing but feathers! xD However, I've been running GBR all day yesterday and up till maintenance today with no IS in sight. :< Hope the maintenance finishes up quickly, I can't wait.

Lumirei
Dec 6, 2008, 09:49 PM
I dont know was just trying it with my boyfriend an hour before servers went down so we haven't gotten any good drops and it was kinda slow since no one joins our missions unless we have lvl 3 luck so XD haven't gotten to see what good things come from this mission yet XD besides looking up drops and wishing they would drop for us X3

Pika
Dec 6, 2008, 09:52 PM
im enjoying it for the most part right now, only real complaint is fighting the same boss on the last 2 missions.
Its been fun to have a reason to play on parum again tho, still waiting to try the new rare mission....

xTwiztidClown
Dec 6, 2008, 10:05 PM
I was in a party with like a 110% and it was awesome.

Shinko
Dec 6, 2008, 10:15 PM
just hope Seed Express is the new white beast because i love having th coast right there.

Yea i agree i like that mission and the lobby area. I hope it is the new WB but i think it maybe lighting beast because of the chaos/knight arm unit

But yea all in all. its been good for me. i have a 43% and was in a party with 249% before. Things was dropping crazy. now if i can just get that chaos/knight unit i'll be set.

Gen2000
Dec 6, 2008, 10:22 PM
Parum always had some of the best missions in the game so I'll enjoy these new S2s even after this GBR is over. Seed Express is very fun.

Only part that is a drag to me is fighting Mother Brain back to back. Seeing PC/PS2 side actually get 3+ stars makes this GBR auto-win.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
It's always a great fun when you get yourself into running these GBR missions and it's not so much fun if you just can't get into it for one reason or another.

As for myself, it's been great so far blasting away those lightning creatures with Radiga & Nosdiga, and just owning those dark creatures with Regrant on my F.techer. My Fighgunner with double agito absolute dance is deadly against that walking giant SEED-Ardite since it hits all 3 targets multiple times. It seems that I notice game slow down more when i'm playing as a fighter w/ too much tech effects from my teammates on screen, hopefully it'll get better with visual nerf update in future.
I like Mother Brain that's actually challenging than other bosses taking down both arms 1st before heading in for kill. New missions and rare drops are cool, and rare mission Shaft was awesome to say the least. I'll worry about master classes & carnivals & what not when we get there, i'll be too busy playing for a while. :)

San Anto
Dec 6, 2008, 10:27 PM
3 illusionary shaft runs and 2 blackbull [b], blackbull sure has dropped.

necman
Dec 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
I have yet to play it but wow people already have over 40% boost rates. I'm hoping to max out this event but won't hold my breath. Woot for all the black bulls

pikachief
Dec 6, 2008, 10:49 PM
11 shafts is awesome fun, love parum, love the drops, was in a party of 240%+ which was amazing the drops are good, the EXP is awesome, and i love mother brain and i LOVE the new mission its probably my new fav.

Exploited
Dec 6, 2008, 10:50 PM
I enjoy Parum GBR better then Neudaiz.

darkfalz16
Dec 6, 2008, 10:53 PM
posting this from my iPhone LOL anyways for rares I've found lumirus kaos knight, tiga ragan, 2 delpi boards, 2 battlestoppers, orpa hit charge,lumirus line, ank buti and tiga de ragac. Gained 3 levels this finally gave me a reason to play again. Hopefully servers go up early

stukasa
Dec 6, 2008, 11:01 PM
I like the missions, I just don't like Mother Brain that much. She's not the most fun boss and takes forever to kill with my gunner, so having her as the boss for 2 of the missions is a little annoying. Other than that, no complaints! I haven't played that much yet but I found a Blackheart board on my first (and only) run of Scarred Planet. :)

Rust
Dec 6, 2008, 11:04 PM
Didn't participate at all to the Moatoob's GBR (don't even remember why) so I couldn't compare to it, but yeah, Neudaiz GBR got me bored pretty quick ; nobody in my cardlist to run with because I didn't have the level to do S2, and I didn't really like the areas and mobs besides Habirao...

On another hand, though I've done only a full run so far, I can predict I'll have much more motivation to spam on this one. Not because of the drops because I never cared about them (I still can't do S2 anyways), but because of the four maps, Electronic Brain is the only one I only like mildly (Orcs are annoying, we can't get S rank when duoing with my friend, it's another HIVE reskin, the boss is spoiled by glitches), but I really love the other ones.

Rozenom have always been one of my favourite areas, and SEED Express is some nice big action pack mission with all those stacked mobs (king Bal Soza's are the most sutpid-looking leader mobs I have ever seen with this odd-shaped hat, btw :lol:).

Working on getting my missing levels so I hit lvl 100 before the end of the GBR shouldn't prove too much of an hassle since I'm probably gonna enjoy doing this four-mission course several times (and the XP really isn't bad overall).

PepperCat
Dec 6, 2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Cracka and PSO-W...

Runs were great, I haven't played this much PSU back-to-back in a while... I'm in slight withdrawal atm but the PSU-crack is goooooooooood!

To Rush: Each time I see the King Bal-Soza I just have to shout out "BIG HAT! BIG!" XD

Drops were very good so far, I've actually gotten more things then I have materials to make for once.

Hope to hit 50% boost eventually, and then time to work on my alt.

Pep.

P.S.: Cracka where are the "Boatz an Hoez" that you promised?

N2TrAnC3
Dec 6, 2008, 11:37 PM
Im so glad the GBR is only 4 missions! I also havent had near the lag I did running Sacred Stream and Flowery Pursuit during the Neudaiz GBR. Is it just me but does anybody else have the feeling SEED Express could finally dethrone WhiteBeast? I sure hopes so!

I havent seen many crazy drops. Ragan-Ragac, Love Infernoc, couple Snac's, Delpi's, [B] Grand Cross, [B] Battlestopper and Feril Line have dropped in my party. Made about 25 mil first day, not quite the stack I made slanging Okarods on day one for the GBR on Neudaiz, but I cant complain. Its also been nice having trouble getting into Universe 1 and 2.

Ive gotten "The Shaft" a few times as well (4 times) Drops seem so-so. Exp is good. Nothing is near comparable to Phantom Fissure in terms of potential drops.

Im currently one Electronic Brain from 44%, tried to get in one cycle before the servers shut down.
My party + EBS2 + 20 minutes left = >20 minutes

AuroraBlaze
Dec 6, 2008, 11:38 PM
Ive been having a blast running this GBR! It's the best 1 by far! Great rares, easy to find a group, and a lot of players returning. Its awesome! I havent got the rares I want the most yet like delpi and battlestopper but I have gotten a few things that made it worthwhile. Germinus Gun, Ank Buti, Grand Cross, Blackheartic, Twin Neiclaws, Blackbull, and a lot of synthesis mats. Ive seen just about everything drop to one person or another and its been wonderful! There are good times to be had and I cant wait to get back to the hunt! :-D

ErtaiClou
Dec 6, 2008, 11:49 PM
This GBR is great! Short & simple is definately the best policy. A plethora of drops for everyone and a rare mission with a name that makes for a laugh. Electric Brain is the slowest part but other than that I having a lot of fun with this. Our server downtime is a bit too cruel.

Arika
Dec 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
I think most of the people actually feel better after having some relaxing from psu for a while... just may be.

N2TrAnC3
Dec 6, 2008, 11:53 PM
I think most of the people actually feel better after having some relaxing from psu for a while... just may be.

Relaxing time that has incuded, Playing the RE5 demo and browsing a forum dedicated to PSU. :-D

Rei-San
Dec 7, 2008, 12:08 AM
I love the GBRs. <3

This one is cool but it seems like the Percentage rate increased alot more on Neudaiz... Oh well. I found interesting stuff. But the Items I really want are the S rank Mags and that God awesome Tiga De Ragac. Non of my characters are at lvl 100 yet, but I hope these runs give good EXP. -.-

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 12:14 AM
I have a feeling SEED express is gonna be the next long-lasting hotspot. Not as easy as White Beast (thankfully), but with the potential for Armas Line and Yiel Line, people are gonna be running the ever holy piss out of this.

pikachief
Dec 7, 2008, 12:26 AM
I have a feeling SEED express is gonna be the next long-lasting hotspot. Not as easy as White Beast (thankfully), but with the potential for Armas Line and Yiel Line, people are gonna be running the ever holy piss out of this.

we got the rare spawn earlier. B2 3 monsters, 1 dropped 13* saber.

i think im gonna spam the first 2 blocks for laser lvling :P

BahnKnakyu
Dec 7, 2008, 12:31 AM
I like the layout of the maps in Lightning Beasts more than Scarred Planet, and Electronic Breasts is too long for my tastes. They could've picked worst, but out of the entire circuit, my order of preference would be like this:

Seed Express --> Lightning Breasts -----------------> Scarred Planet ------------------------------------------------> Electronic Breast

Seriously, that mission needs to get shortened up. Way too much running and backtracking.

ErtaiClou
Dec 7, 2008, 01:08 AM

Also a great place for par walna. It's like what Bladed Legacy does for catilium.

Tyreek
Dec 7, 2008, 01:35 AM
SEED Express is an enjoyable mission. 3 blocks full of concentrated enemies, not to mention hard(LV160 Pannons XD) And the chance at grabbing some very nice melee weapons. Yeah, I've waited for that mission for months.

Electronic Breast

I see what you did there. XD

Zael
Dec 7, 2008, 01:46 AM
It's been 3 months since I've actually played PSU and I'm honestly enjoying myself again.

pikachief
Dec 7, 2008, 02:01 AM
its been 2 months since i played but about 5 months since i last enjoyed myself on it!

im actually wanting to still play it and am sad i cant right now lol

McLaughlin
Dec 7, 2008, 02:14 AM
SEED Express looks pretty neat. Haven't run into Illusionary Shaft yet though. Can't say I"ll be playing more, but at least it's something different to do whenever I do log in.

Hopefully Grand Cross prices continue to fall.

nooblet
Dec 7, 2008, 02:28 AM
i enjoy running seed express a lot. i dunno it just got that vibe to it. electronic brain is a borefest.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 7, 2008, 02:44 AM
Although i was hoping for Lightning Carnival this is quite surprise this is actually my favorite GBR out of the 3 we had so far.

I think one of the reasons is becuase you get to fight Mother Brain at two different levels :P
Electronic Brain is actually quite challengin.....kinda well atleast mother brain anyway......

I also like that they brought out more armors so now everyone wont have just serafi-senba or castest line :P

On a side note i hope my two armas lines comes out when i actually decide to make them

DraginHikari
Dec 7, 2008, 02:49 AM
It's been awhile since I've been motivate to play again.

Dragwind
Dec 7, 2008, 02:57 AM
I'm sure enjoying it quite a bit. Having a few new goals is a plus.

JimmyMagic
Dec 7, 2008, 03:58 AM
Im really enjoying it. I have always been a fan of Parum and its missions, and the increase in Par Walna to the community can only be a good thing :)

Alnet
Dec 7, 2008, 08:19 AM
I like it, on the whole. On Friday, I actually set my alarm clock early so that I could get up to play it before I would leave for class. I hadn't done that since Habirao Forbidden District was released.

SEED Express is my favorite of the 4, but that's probably because I haven't had the opportunity to play it as much as the others. When I first walked in, I typed out "WHOA" in shouts, because the Contaminated Train looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'm noticing that (at least for now) since LV150 enemies die a bit slower than before, they actually have the chance to fight back. I came to this conclusion when a Deljaban had me in a corner after knocking me down 3 times in a row. >_>

I like the Mother Brain missions the most, though, since you have to fight her back to back. And also, in both of them, Delsabers randomly pop up and start wailing on you, and who doesn't love that?

Some criticisms though... I wish they'd fix Mother Brain's AI (haha, no but srsly). After both of her arms are broken, she just seems to sit there and take thousands of points worth of damage a second. Even the wall tentacles stop firing their Razonde. She just sort of resigns herself when her arms are down. If you don't manage to destroy her before one of them regenerates, though, she's suddenly back at full force. Erm... wat?

Also, I've gotten none of the rares I've wanted. It's not a valid criticism, but I'm still gonna use it. And don't give me that "It's only been around for 2 days" crap.

tadtwisted
Dec 7, 2008, 08:25 AM
I was a little sad when i saw the parum GBR because of one thing NO DRAGON and MOTHER BRAIN TWICE. I mean we are missing the 3 things that make parum, Polavohra-megid Jarba and a dragon, at least they still got Vahra on there which are just leather at that level but i dont seem to get them too much :(

P.S.- I failed 91% battlestoppers ( woot,woot )

Atomic646
Dec 7, 2008, 08:28 AM
Well I'm not sure anyone has said this yet (Don't want the read all 4 pages) but, i don't like the fact that Sega is kinda forcing us to play these missions If you know what i mean by that. Mother Brain >.<

Googlebonker
Dec 7, 2008, 08:35 AM
They seem to have fixed a problem in which PS2s would sometimes stop functioning correctly when loading the animation after a Mother Brain is defeated. I hope they did.

I've got a good feeling about this GBR. Many of the drops from GBR Missions and the Rare Parum Mission have already effected Player Shop prices (Blackbull, Rattlesnac, etc.). I'm hoping it will get to the point that Neudaiz GBR did with some items. Remember Okarod boards? lol

I agree with J in that I'd rather do Phantom Fissure than the Rare Parum Mission, because (imo) Red / Wall isn't the greatest thing ever. ^^; I'd rather find a Red / Knight.

I also agree with N2TrAnC3. White Beast might not be the most popular thing for a while.

Who wants to get 50% Armas Lines?! :D

darkante
Dec 7, 2008, 08:36 AM
Some criticisms though... I wish they'd fix Mother Brain's AI (haha, no but srsly). After both of her arms are broken, she just seems to sit there and take thousands of points worth of damage a second. Even the wall tentacles stop firing their Razonde. She just sort of resigns herself when her arms are down. If you don't manage to destroy her before one of them regenerates, though, she's suddenly back at full force. Erm... wat?

I think it´s meant moreso, that you can get hits in without getting it to long-drawn.
She does have a Very High amount of HP.

Atomic646
Dec 7, 2008, 08:40 AM
Oh yeah shooting those arms off by your self... pisses me off, but after that Boma Duranga** Hoooooooo... then Trimate.

Rust
Dec 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
To Rush: Each time I see the King Bal-Soza I just have to shout out "BIG HAT! BIG!" XD

*facedesk*

IT'S RUST! RUST! GODAMMIT! *shakes fist*

Non of my characters are at lvl 100 yet, but I hope these runs give good EXP. -.-

They do, especially if you get the rare mission. I'm leveling way faster on my way too lvl 100 on those missions than I did the past three months. Rozenom mobs don't have a lot of HP, so they die pretty fast while giving a good amount of EXP ; SEED Express ones are a bit tougher, but the fact they're all stacked together makes the killing / EXP increase actually faster. And you have the EXP from Mother Brain twice. Electronic Brain is the only one which isn't that good, you spend almost as much time walking as you do killing small groups of creatures.

Seed Express --> Lightning Breasts -----------------> Scarred Planet ------------------------------------------------> Electronic Breast

Seriously, stop watching pr0nz. :wacko:

Jarek
Dec 7, 2008, 09:27 AM
It's been 3 months since I've actually played PSU and I'm honestly enjoying myself again.

I hope to be saying the same around next weekend.

Will_Nonheim
Dec 7, 2008, 09:54 AM
It's fun. There's, like, PEOPLE, woah. I can join -parties- now!

Now the one thing that'd make it perfect to me is if people didn't keep their parties locked.

I completely ignored the previous GBR, but this one I intend to spam as much as humanly possible; for levelling, for items and for class levelling (I'm normally Fighgunner 20, but since the event started I've been Gunteching my way through. I've went up from Guntecher ...14 I think to 19, nearly 20. Guess I'll be going wartecher soon).

Still, my bad luck still seems to be shining through as I really haven't gotten too much good stuff (3 Shafts, no S rank weapons went to me). ...Still, I made me a Battlestopper! Like, woah, one of my synths actually not failing. I like.

autumn
Dec 7, 2008, 10:43 AM
I am LOVEING the 2-3*s PC/PS2 are back up to. I hit level 142 and was excited. I don't really like Electronic Brain (hates orcdillians) but I think MotherBrain is pretty cool for a reskin boss. She one shots my newman ALL THE TIME. I haven't died so much on my main since the first time I ran Bladed Legacy. I'm also hording nice items for my clan members and to (hopefully) make some nice prizes to hand out for future events we'll be sponsoring. I adore SEED Express and everytime I run there it takes willpower to not just spam there because I'm only at a 36% boost. I think I need one more EB to put me to the next boost %. All in all I am so excited and pleased by this and I hope people keep playing this for awhile.

autumn
Dec 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
I just noticed your sig and lol'd Kysarin. I love it, it makes me smile :D

Aries2384
Dec 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
Im loving the new event. Its nice to have something finally. New missions that are actually alot of fun to run. The funny/sad/good part about the event was that I was all geared up to hunt the Kaos knight the entire time.. got it in three runs. I mean. Im totally happy about it... but now what else is there to hunt? Damn I wish the servers were back up.

Gen2000
Dec 7, 2008, 02:56 PM

Her A.I. is supposed to be like that. You're supposed to kill the arms first so you can do major damage as she recovers them. I dunno maybe because in parties you find this a problem since when her arms comes down she dies in like 5 seconds in them but when solo'ing or duo'ing you're more than happy for that moment because barely get to do any damage to her otherwise making the fight really drawn out.

Also she still fires Razonde and such, maybe there was just a Gunner in your party with lv.31+ blasting at her face. lv.31 Rifle bullets stops her from doing any of her extra moves like that.

Alnet
Dec 7, 2008, 03:04 PM
Her A.I. is supposed to be like that. You're supposed to kill the arms first so you can do major damage as she recovers them. I dunno maybe because in parties you find this a problem since when her arms comes down she dies in like 5 seconds in them but when solo'ing or duo'ing you're more than happy for that moment because barely get to do any damage to her otherwise making the fight really drawn out.

Also she still fires Razonde and such, maybe there was just a Gunner in your party with lv.31+ blasting at her face. lv.31 Rifle bullets stops her from doing any of her extra moves like that.
Oh? I wasn't aware... o_o I thought it was a bug, since Dulk Fakis seems to get more violent when his arms are down.

And apparently, that gunner you speak of is me. >_> I always make an effort to destroy the flying head things (they remind me of Quadraxis from Metroid Prime: Echoes...) to weaken the arms and take them out quickly, and that's when I notice she just sits there and seems to ponder the little intricacies of life while being struck head on by 4-5 people at once. I didn't think the flinch attached to rifles actually did anything to bosses. That's really good to know.

Gatimo
Dec 7, 2008, 04:21 PM
Seed Express is the Sh#$! =)

Plus Mother Brain is always a fun run....I like orcdillians.

hunterseifer
Dec 8, 2008, 02:33 AM
IT looks good from my impression, will be greater when I play in it this week :trout:

RadiantLegend
Dec 8, 2008, 11:36 AM
I can finally play with my bro again. >_< Now if only my internet will get fixed on time

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 9, 2008, 04:11 AM
Hiya all,

Been playing GBR since it started on Friday, i've been lucky enough to run Illusionary Shaft 5 times so far. But my main concern is the drop rate boost for regular missions in the GBR, whilst in S2 runs, with a full team the % is usualy over 200, thus people are receiving ultimate 12* and 13* weapons, usually 1 sometimes 2 per run... I've noticed as I started to sell some of my finds as I only use knuckles and twin claws (trying to mimic FF Tifa ^^ ) But the value of items has plummets. Ank Buti's were worth a couple of million Just before GBR, they're now being sold for 150k. Tyrant Spadacs worth 20k, so many of the best category rare items are just going to become worthless :(

Any thoughts on this guys? And what were your best finds on the GBR runs? So far mine's been a battlestopper board which I sold for 3.5 mil ^^ And a ragan-ragac ^^

Tifa

Xaeris
Dec 9, 2008, 04:20 AM
I say blessing. Mostly I recognize what you're describing in your post and I affirm that it's happening. But I've never valued my weapons for their rarity from the beginning, so it doesn't bother me very much. It is a bit of a slap in the face to see weapons whose boards I bought for millions plummet to the hundreds of k, but eh.

Now, what does annoy me more about GBR is how it focuses everyone on one planet. Granted, it's for a good cause, but with everyone running that planet, the supply for materials not found on that planet drops sharply, and the prices go up just as sharply. God forbid you need neu or mot walna right now.

Let's see, best find...hmm...Feril Line I guess. No Arm slot, so I said "worthless" but whoever paid 12 million for it seemed to disagree.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 9, 2008, 04:32 AM
That feril line sounds like a nice find, i'm hoping to one day find Yiel Line on Seed Express or Electronic Brain S2, the idea of having the ultimat shield makes me giggle like a child lol

Tifa

pokefiend
Dec 9, 2008, 05:40 AM
Im gonna say blessing, only if people start to get over the rollback and start doing runs again.

ps. I want my lumirus/kaos knight back i miss it so much right now

Ithildin
Dec 9, 2008, 05:52 AM
Well I'm finding it fun and its nice to see so many ppl back (including me). I haven't found much myself, just two boards, Hyper Viper and Delpi. All I really want is lumirus/kaos knight.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 9, 2008, 05:59 AM
Kaos knight would be aweosme, although it takes off alot of ATA and being a beast my ATA is already lower than most classes >< I'd prefer a red / knight although they're never any for sale anymore and i'm not too sure where to find them :S I think red / wall can be found in the new IS runs tho.

Tifa

Chibi_psu
Dec 9, 2008, 06:29 AM
Blessing.For gods sake even offline illuminus has still rares that we dont have online.

Broodstar1337
Dec 9, 2008, 07:41 AM
Blessing. My god, blessing.

Still want everyone and their mother still hanging out at White Beast with half the player count than the game has right now? Please tell me you don't want that.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 9, 2008, 08:05 AM
It's a blessing and a curse: the population is back to it's better days, people are away from fucking white beast, and people are hunting other items. I'm glad to have people back to play with and to be honest I haven't felt like playing as much since the rollback, I don't like having to redo everything all over, I know I didn't loose as much as some but it's still a pain in the ass.

If they plan on compensating us they'll probably do another week or two of super holy light which = bullshit, a unique item GTFO we've got enough of that crap with the "hand" weapons.

How about working on fixing the game and not fucking things up any more, updating content instead of doing some lame mission spotlight that people only do for a few days and move back to WB. How about give the players what they want for a change, I think most of us have been more then patient enough with the support that's been given to us.

/rant

Ok now that that's said I honestly can't wait to get off of work, these god-damned retards actually make me want to get fired just so I can stay at home and play all day.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 9, 2008, 08:17 AM
Ah i know the feeling I wish i was out of work too so i could get home and play up GBR ^^ Although i've only got 4 hours left so not too long to wait :) Yeah its cool that the population is back again, and all the White Beast Spammers are having to re-think their weapons and gaming style.

One problem I'm facing though is people waiting to join a party at the last minute, then usually getting some of the good boss box drops and then leaving. Its hassle putting a password on, ecause its nice to have new people join and the GBR Boost Rate going up, but then again most people only stay for 1 or 2 runs : /

With that in mind, would anybody be up for doing some runs of GBR tonight? I've been doing S2 recently although i'm up for other difficulties. I usually play it all night though so i'm always about. i get back at 6pm GMT, about 10am Pacific, anybody interested?

Tifa

Arika
Dec 9, 2008, 09:05 AM
GBR is what ST use for testing on how can they bring population to spam missions instead of a mission.

First round of GBR doesn't go well success, and they realise that they need to add new missions into GBR for players to play it. Then second round, it show better result, although the long gap of GBR and no update make people get bored.
On currently 3rd round, they make GBR to be separate with normal update, something like the moatoob S3 GBR which last 2 months long, however, they have fews update during the GBR running period.

In the future GBR might turn into something that completely separate to update, anyway, it is all up to their trials and error that they are working with this.

Chibi_psu
Dec 9, 2008, 09:09 AM
About all these easy s ranks...Dont worry because with the arms dealer and such there will be new s ranks not affordable for all.Its just like the clothier.Not everyone want to waste a har/ quick on an amorosso(i wasted 2 btw lol)

Zeek123
Dec 9, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'd have to go with blessing, because it's so nice to get away from White Beast to make a party. Also it's great to finally have enough Par Walna to work with :p.
But it's a curse in that some of my beloved guns are now merely common items I get to see a level 45 running around with. Best drop I've gotten has to be the Battlestopper, but I did get to see someone else walk away with the Lumirus / Hit Charge thing.

amtalx
Dec 9, 2008, 09:25 AM
After the rollback, I'm finding it VERY difficult to find the motivation to play. I actually thought to myself last night 'I think I'll just play Prince of Persia. There's no chance of that stabbing me in the back in a couple days.' D:

Smidge204
Dec 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
But the value of items has plummets. Ank Buti's were worth a couple of million Just before GBR, they're now being sold for 150k. Tyrant Spadacs worth 20k, so many of the best category rare items are just going to become worthless :(

Maybe they were overvalued to begin with. Rare does not automatically mean valuable, and a high price tag does not mean it's actually worth that much. In-game items have no intrinsic value since they do not physically exist. It's like art - a painting isn't worth a million dollars if nobody wants to pay a million dollars for it.

OTOH GBR is creating an increase in money supply so I can't imagine this won't hurt the game's economy in the long run for other reasons. They really need to add more money sinks.

Overall I think it's a blessing, though. Except for a handful of people who seem to take the game way too seriously, everyone appears to be having fun again.
=Smidge=

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
GBR is pretty cool. It's another nice series of events to go through and see some pretty things drop. :) :)

However, it's not really just about the stuff, but about the new levels we get to see. SEED Express is pretty cool looking. A combo level that mixes a few themes, but it's nice to see a non-story take on the train ride, with different monsters, and no robots to bug the mission.

It's also getting more groups to have reason to run mother brain. A nice mission in itself, but one clearly made for groups. It's a short-lengthed GBR. Maybe the shortest. A circuit is completed quite quickly.

I was right back on, on Monday night. Oddly enough, even with a lower boost percentage (at the time), I got much of my stuff back. Needless to say, quite a few good things drop a lot in this Boost Road. So as I expected, some of the nice things I saw the first two days, are something we're going to see quite a bit of. I care less about the rarity of said items, myself. I consider them like cool presents you get while participating. I would venture to guess that once you have a party that adds to a 200 or more percent drop boost, it wont be long before just about everybody in the party has their share of the items specific to these levels and the Illusionary Shaft.

I'm not sure if it is just me, but it almost seems like the Illusionary Shaft is the most likely to show up Secret Level I've ever seen. It's almost like you can't go a day without running into that level. I could not say that about any other Secret Level released so far.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, does the team leaders Luck affect chances of IS appearing? I've come across it several times, but never been party leader. So say If i had 2 luck and wanted to do some solo GBR runs, would it take alot longer than if I had 3 luck and did the same?

Thanks ^^

Tifa

Cracka_J
Dec 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, does the team leaders Luck affect chances of IS appearing? I've come across it several times, but never been party leader. So say If i had 2 luck and wanted to do some solo GBR runs, would it take alot longer than if I had 3 luck and did the same?

Thanks ^^

Tifa

Luck has only ever effected the "drop anything" rate for enemies. It has no bearing on finding any of the rare missions.

As far as it's known, there's a certain timeframe for completing a mission that gives a higher chance at a rare mission (I dont remember the exact time frames). The more people in a party also effects your chance at a rare mission meaning more peeps=higher chance for rare mission. But those are independent factors that luck has no bearing on.

As for soloing, yes. It would take you much longer to find a rare mission without a full party, as luck is not a factor but the # of people in your party is.

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2008, 11:51 AM
That's a hard one to guess. The problem for me is that the GBR mission times are so short, you're seeing entries for the next level so often within the same time period. It may be a factor for why I see the secret mission more often. If I were to say luck was a big factor in finding such a level, I'd be throwing an uneducated guess.

The only thing I could guess which is closest to a possible right answer is that the entire structure of this GBR event may have nearly everybody getting their fare share of Illusionary Shaft appearances. It just doesn't seem you need that much time to find it. Maybe the teams I was in were lucky the last three days; but due to the sheer amount of appearances, it just seems like the chance of finding the level is fairly high, this time.

Thanks Cracka_J. I was also thinking that full parties do indeed help this along. Whether it's because of the number of people in the party, or the boost percentage between them, or the fact you're clearing missions in faster times. All of them are factors affected by having a larger party.

OldCoot
Dec 9, 2008, 01:42 PM
It is nice to see old friends come back and we really spammed the run. Got a lot of great things in the process.

Anyway it is fun so far and we still have some weeks left to play.

Since the rollback, I am not enjoying it as much. It feels like the drop rate was reduced. On Friday night with a smilar percentage as my friends have now, we were seeing a lot more things show up than now.

To put it is perspective, when done after Friday night though early Saturday, I ended up with a Luminus Knight, several 12 star weapons, 1 Battle Stopper board and a 12 star tech mag board. Now with almost having done as many runs, I have only seen a 12 star weapon and 1 line shield board.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 9, 2008, 01:45 PM
So far i like it. I mean I'm just glad to actually be able to do somethin community related...

I think its kinds funny to play mother brain in two different levels back to back :P
well if you follow the road anyway.......

Rust
Dec 9, 2008, 02:12 PM
As far as it's known, there's a certain timeframe for completing a mission that gives a higher chance at a rare mission (I dont remember the exact time frames).

No chance under 5 minutes ; chances stop increasing after 30 minutes.

I think it's that.

Kylie
Dec 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
After the rollback, I'm finding it VERY difficult to find the motivation to play. I actually thought to myself last night 'I think I'll just play Prince of Persia. There's no chance of that stabbing me in the back in a couple days.' D:
*inb4 data corruption* :nono:

I can only see this GBR as a blessing because last night was just amazing--I actually had a full party, and people were still trying to get in! It's been a long time since that last happened. :lol: It does bother me a bit that it makes things too easy, but that's the route they decided to take with the expansion (GBR, event, GBR, event, GBR, event, event, GBR)... At least we'll get the Arms Dealer exchange mission soon.

SupraMKIV
Dec 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
It's a blessing and a curse: the population is back to it's better days, people are away from fucking white beast, and people are hunting other items. I'm glad to have people back to play with and to be honest I haven't felt like playing as much since the rollback, I don't like having to redo everything all over, I know I didn't loose as much as some but it's still a pain in the ass.

If they plan on compensating us they'll probably do another week or two of super holy light which = bullshit, a unique item GTFO we've got enough of that crap with the "hand" weapons.

How about working on fixing the game and not fucking things up any more, updating content instead of doing some lame mission spotlight that people only do for a few days and move back to WB. How about give the players what they want for a change, I think most of us have been more then patient enough with the support that's been given to us. Totally agree with this.
Dear SEGA Santa,
Fo Chwismas I want new con tents, Less rolly backs, and for you to get your $#*! straight!

/rant

Ok now that that's said I honestly can't wait to get off of work, these god-damned retards actually make me want to get fired just so I can stay at home and play all day. Ditto.