PDA

View Full Version : It's Not that I Hate School.

Leviathan
Dec 6, 2008, 09:18 PM
It's just the people in it.

#1. The top of the class.
-I'm not envious of them. It's the fact that they cheated their way to the top, as well as kiss tons of ass along the way. The National Honor Society isn't so honorable anymore. The top of the class means nothing if you can't show that you know what you did.

#2. My Media Tech Class.
-There were SEVERAL rants about these bastards last year. I stayed in the class because:

A.) This was something I really wanted to do in college.

B.) I thought it couldn't get any worse.

I thought wrong.
First few weeks were okay. I got along with everyone. But up until a few weeks ago this guy came up to me and called me the n-word. Why? I have no idea. I never did anything wrong to him. When ever he saw me he would pretty much say "Here come [darkie (I'm LIGHTER than him.) that n-word, halfy, mutt.]" I would ignore him everyday until Friday. I was talking to someone else about college and he comes up into me talking to another kid and he said

"Oh you'll never go into college, cause your black! HAHAHAHAHA"

I said: "Actually I don't think you'll ever get into college with a 70 as your GPA."

He said: "...(The N-word.) Everything bad that happens to you you deserve!"

Me: (At this point I walk away.)

Him: "The KKK is going to be at your house!"

Me: (At this point I swing around, ready to yell at him.) "Shut your FAAAA- MOUTH." (I was trying not to cuss.)

Nest I go up to the teacher, tell him about it, he seemed reasonably angry. About 5 minutes later he tells me that racist asshat wants to talk to me.

I go into the room to talk to him. Now he's trying to be nice to me. I tell him to shut the fuck up and I leave.

#3. People that play tag on the stairs.
Oh shi-it's 11:00 A.M. I run (Yes, run) out of the stairs to get down to lunch. Damnit, too many people on the stairs! Ugh, I rush into the middle in the stairs. Oddly enough there are some people in the crowd that decided "Hey, you know what? Let's play tag on the stairs, or no wait! Let's flat-out push people around!"

Nevermind the fact that we are on the 3rd floor.

Nevermind the fact that the peple pushing have a 100lbs+ weight over me.

I get tossed around just because I want to go down there on time to get into the already packed line and eat my salad. ;_;

That's my rant.
Tear it apart.
'K go.

Majarra
Dec 6, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hey i never cheated my way to the top![ hate being "honor person" though. more work :( ] Sorry bout the racism some people are just assholes that need to dealt with. Guarantee though in 20 years youll be sucessfull while that loser will be on the streets, jail, with parents etc.

CelestialBlade
Dec 7, 2008, 01:11 AM
The people that cheat to the top is the sole reason I hate classes where ~30% of your final grade comes from homework. Do teachers not realize that most people cheat on that anyway? You're handing them a free grade. But yeah, most honors people don't impress me much, especially in engineering school. Not to say there aren't legit ones, but I've learned who not to compare myself to.

Zarode
Dec 7, 2008, 02:01 AM
Wait, yerr in college and still have to deal with this crap? What college are you going to, Hickville University? Obviously the abbreviation is HYUCK. :wacko:

Also, why would people crowd around stairs? Ya'know what? Tell them this: "Move, unless you are really stairs." Start stepping on people. Remind them that they should not be in the fucking stairway. If you gotta hang out, go do it somewhere more sensible.

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 05:11 AM
School became "loleasymode" a long time ago. Around my last few years, teachers started doing take-home tests. I was like WTF!?

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 10:51 AM
School became "loleasymode" a long time ago. Around my last few years, teachers started doing take-home tests. I was like WTF!?

You go to a bad school.

Kent
Dec 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't suggest only talking to the teacher about racist activity on part of another student. The next time it happens, I'd go straight to the principal (superintendant, dean, whatever happens to be the most superior position in the building). That sort of stuff should get a student at least suspended, if not removed from the class completely (or, if you're lucky, expelled). Someone telling you that the KKK will be at your house is considered a threat against your person, and last I checked, threats against another student were grounds for immediate police investigation (at least, at any school to which I've been since middle school).

Unfortunately, the most a teacher will probably do about it is force an insincere apology out of the offender, which is why I suggest going to one of the higher-ups with the matter. It's not something that should ever be taken lightly, in any case.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
Honor?

In school? That's certainly first time I've heard of it in school.

I mean no offense, but nowdays most students are *mothe&^%#(*^ . Not all of them, but a good deal of them. In my school people are a bit more nice, but that's because school is capable of throwing you out for smoking, let alone bad behavior. Let's ignore for moment that it's one and same thing...

The effectiveness of tests is subjective in my opinion. I tend to ignore any extra learning and tests, not solely because I'm in (borderline, but still...) upper group of students, but because you can have all nice grades, all diplomas and crap, and still clean toilets at age of 45.
And we do more enough on lessons anyway...

Also, I admire the way you handled the guy. Personally, I'd smash his skull, but that's beside the point. After what the guy did to you, he should be expelled, or at least suspended. U.S, private or state school or what not, but he behaved like a last pig.

I'm getting a general feeling that schools (world-wide) are having problems discipline students (or are very slow to do so). This sucks, if you're hoping for a better next generation.
The way I see it, an Orwell-style dystopian authoritarian government might be only way of maintaining order....

And we wouldn't like that, do we?

Leviathan
Dec 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
I go to highschool.

I know there will be cheaters everywhere I go, hopefully there is a lost less in college.

It's not that fact that he called me derogatory terms that pissed me off; it's the fact that nothing ever happened to him.

Last year the same kid dropped a cord. and get's ISS He calls me racial slurs and all he gets off with it/

CrimsomWolf
Dec 7, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well, than it seems that colleges are no better in people's behavior or discipline either.

We get less cheating, since if you're caught, you're pretty much liability and usually fail subject (and our teachers have seemingly ungodly abilities to observe us in exam rooms).

But that's not much help if your learning environment sucks.

Zarode
Dec 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
I go to highschool.

Oh, well then. Everything you said so far, will happen. That's highschool. Just tough it out, it isn't very long till you are out and free free free as a bird away from all those god damn idiots. Everyone acts like an ass at public school because nobody wants to be there. We haven't forced a good sense of work attitude for our children to make them go to school, like it, appreciate it, and get something out of it.

And cut some honor students some slack. :wacko: There are some legit ones. Just think of it like PSO of old. There were some damn dirty cheaters, and then there were some smart ones, who excelled over everyone, and got deemed cheaters. It seems like what you are doing.

Besides, if they really are cheating, they won't get far in life. You can only cheat so far to the top. Then things fall apart. Ahh, the sweet irony of life. It's beautiful to watch from the lowest points in life high people falling from their thrones. It's almost hypnotic.

EphekZ
Dec 8, 2008, 01:34 AM
you know, kids in more advanced classes cheat more than the regular kids. More pressure to do better? I don't know. Thing is, a lot of the time, they do know their material. They just cheat to assure that they get the grade that they need to excel.

Vanzazikon
Dec 8, 2008, 12:46 PM
And the regular kids don't cheat at all nor do they do the work because of laziness.

Having someone calling you offensive and racial names is something that never constantly happen to me like in your case Levi. I can see how helpless you feel that the bastard never gets punished, trust me, if he did, you would feel like you were cured from one of the most annoying cancer of all.

And saying the KKK will come to your house not only can get you suspended or expelled, it can get you arrested for being a possible white supremist. Trust me, I had teachers arrested in my town for having husbands or family members who held KKK meetings.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 04:21 PM
I've never had problems this serious of problems in school, but I can add a bit of ranting to the cheaters. I swear to god, 3/4ths of the people in my class wouldn't make it to the next grade if the remaining 1/4th didn't let them copy all their work. I guarantee you that. The teachers in my school know it'll happen whether they do anything or not so they ignore it when they see it. My science teacher saw someone behind me copying a test of mine and just told them they could continue but they wouldn't learn anything from it. I was like, "What the hell someone's copying off of me and you don't care? Even if they don't learn anything you're giving them a free 100 while I have to actually work for it?!" "Yeah it's their choice."
Honestly, school is a joke.

Vanzazikon
Dec 8, 2008, 05:16 PM
In my high school, if someone is cheating off of your paper, and the teacher catches him/her the teacher will take his/her test and yours and then rip your paper and the cheater's paper apart. The teacher would give then you and the cheater a F. Thats what they did, and it wasn't fair but they said, "becareful, cheating or allowing others to copy off is not allowed." Even though it wasn't your intention, the teacher doesn't have the time to care. It really sucked back then. :disapprove:

Powder Keg
Dec 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
You go to a bad school.

Went. And yes, it was.

Kylie
Dec 8, 2008, 05:51 PM
That's awful. :( Some people in the world are just terrible and truly deserve the worst, but there are good people. Sometimes they can seem impossible to find. I'm sorry that my post is so "lolobvious," but I really don't know what to say. :nono: I just hate people like the a-hole that harassed you for your race.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 06:05 PM
In my high school, if someone is cheating off of your paper, and the teacher catches him/her the teacher will take his/her test and yours and then rip your paper and the cheater's paper apart give and then you and the cheater a F. Thats what they did, and it wasn't fair but they said, "becareful, cheating or allowing others to copy off is not allowed." Even though it wasn't your intention, the teacher doesn't have the time to care. It really sucked back then. :disapprove:

If they did that like they said they would in my school, nobody would ever pass. Ever. Unless you put us all in separate 2x2 boxes.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2008, 10:48 PM
That's awful. :( Some people in the world are just terrible and truly deserve the worst, but there are good people. Sometimes they can seem impossible to find. I'm sorry that my post is so "lolobvious," but I really don't know what to say. :nono: I just hate people like the a-hole that harassed you for your race.

The reason why nice people are so hard to find, is because they don't want to be found. It's the truth. Do you want untold horrors happen to you? Do you wish to be picked on? Mugged? Spit on?

No, nobody does. Bad people act outwards and violently, nice people act in a secluded manner, kindly doing things when not many witness. Acts of heroism is a mix between these. Takes courage to be a good person in front of many. :wacko:

Oh yeah, if you are really having problems with people at school, and racism, go to someone who can help you. Not the teachers, go higher.

thunder-ray
Dec 9, 2008, 01:46 AM
The reason why nice people are so hard to find, is because they don't want to be found. It's the truth. Do you want untold horrors happen to you? Do you wish to be picked on? Mugged? Spit on?

No, nobody does. Bad people act outwards and violently, nice people act in a secluded manner, kindly doing things when not many witness. Acts of heroism is a mix between these. Takes courage to be a good person in front of many. :wacko:

Oh yeah, if you are really having problems with people at school, and racism, go to someone who can help you. Not the teachers, go higher.I agree to this

CrimsomWolf
Dec 9, 2008, 02:40 AM
Thirded.

In most cases, being nice actually makes things worse, or doesn't work at all.
I've been through that.

It's sad, since it shows how far mankind has fallen.

AlexCraig
Dec 9, 2008, 03:13 AM
I was a nice guy in high school. But then, I was also the quiet guy who had a lot of contacts in a lot of social circles. When I spoke, people listened.

Anywho, forget that jerk. You'll be in college when he is struggling to work at Burger King. If his attitude persists, talk to a higher force in the school. Have them deal with him.

Kylie
Dec 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
I was a nice guy in high school. But then, I was also the quiet guy who had a lot of contacts in a lot of social circles. When I spoke, people listened.
I can relate to that, but I was never quiet by any means... There was a time between third and seventh grades when I got teased, but I think most people go through that. I didn't have a lot of problems from people in high school though. Maybe they were afraid of my boyfriend, or maybe I just didn't give them a reason to be lame to me. Like you, I didn't really have a clique and could socialize with any of them.

McLaughlin
Dec 9, 2008, 11:03 PM
My school doesn't punish students. Well, they don't punish the ones who need to be.

Case in point, last week I had a Chem test that I got perfect on (well, over perfect with the bonus questions). My teacher gave me a zero and accused me of cheating. I was nearly suspended, but a different Vice Principal (we have three) suggested I write another test. I wrote it during my lunch today under the watchful eye of the entire science department. I got perfect again. Doesn't matter though, now everyone thinks I'm a cheater.

The best part is three other students taped cheat sheets to their calculator covers and were never caught because they didn't do as well as I did.

Smoking on school property? They don't care. Repeatedly disrupting class? They don't care. Fights in the hallways? Woohoo, a detention during lunch that they skip. But succeed at school? You're in trouble.

My school, at least, is a total joke.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 9, 2008, 11:12 PM
In my school, students get suspended for ditching.

YEAH, THAT'LL LEARN THEM. YOU MISS SCHOOL, YOU GET KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL.

YOU DON'T COME TO SCHOOL, WE DON'T LET YOU.

Schools are effing stupid.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 10, 2008, 03:19 AM
If they ditch the school, then why school should bother itself with them? Kick them out sounds reasonable, I think.

But who cares? Nowdays people that are best at ripping off get all.
Proves how low we have fallen.

raikomaru40
Dec 10, 2008, 07:22 AM
I can just get my mom to call in and tell the office I'm sick.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
Thirded.

In most cases, being nice actually makes things worse, or doesn't work at all.
I've been through that.

It's sad, since it shows how far mankind has fallen.
It's true, and it really is sad. I used to help people with things like if their books had fallen, I'd pick a few up for them. Nowadays, I don't kick the books like some people do, but I don't dare to help, lest I have a repeat of two years ago.

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2008, 05:57 PM
Apparently, the newer generation is lacking the chivalrous roots our seniors had. Not to mention, we're getting lazier.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 06:17 PM
Apparently, 99.9% of the newer generation is lacking the chivalrous roots our seniors had. Not to mention, we're getting lazier.
There's hope yet. :wacko:

Population of the world-6,446,131,400
99.9%-6,439,685,269
.1%-6,446,131.4

Personally, I don't like my chances of surviving here. I mean really, less than 10 million and we have a .4 at the end? What the F%&* is that supposed to be, a midget?

Zarode
Dec 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
You guys think into things far too often.

Besides, every generation of kids, it's the same thing. "Oh those kids with their loud music and their wild ways and blah blah blah and the world is doomed because of them!"

Just sayin'.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 11, 2008, 03:24 AM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd83/rockonleslie/icons/words%20and%20quotes/e0b7.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/Darth_Skorr/Random%20Awesomeness/Demotivators/Humanity.jpg

Vanzazikon
Dec 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
I have faith in humanity... I think. :confused:

DreXxiN
Dec 11, 2008, 07:57 PM
Damn dude, AGAIN, your offender probably isn't serious, and if he is, don't TAKE him seriously.

I'm sorry, all of this high school drama just seems so..light compared to what we have in my hometown, lol.

Assholes exist, get over it. High school sucks but it's only 4 years. =]

Also, don't expect much legitimacy anymore. I'm sure more people cheat scholastically than hack on games nowadays. >=]

Kent
Dec 12, 2008, 03:14 AM
Damn dude, AGAIN, your offender probably isn't serious, and if he is, don't TAKE him seriously.
...I'm sorry, did you just say not to take racist behavior seriously?

DreXxiN
Dec 12, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yes, and you should report if you are HONESTLY offended by the racism, but it's generally not serious, especially if a DARKER person is calling him that? As I said before, it's to get a reaction and get him worked up, nothing more.

And in all honesty, if you tell them it's bugging you, they'll probably stop. I just can't offer much sympathy to someone who comes to PSO-W complaining people are saying the N- Word, yet he probably didn't do a thing as far as talking to the people picking on him about it

"But they're bullies!"

Wait, hold the fucking phone! =D Did you try first?

I know there were other offenses, and this is just a rant, but the fact that you only pointed out JUST the racism is funny. It's just words, yo, did you entirely SKIP high school or something? Everyone has to go to it, he's not the only victim here, and it's not a serious issue.

Food crisis, poverty, STD's, ACTUAL physical or mental handicaps...now THOSE are all problems that should be addressed first than a BLACK GUY telling another BLACK GUY that he's a BLACK GUY.

and remember kids, The N word is usually derogatory, but any Racism terms against white folk are definitely just jokes, so let's just blurt them out on Comedy Central and in school skits, because it's okay! Silly touchy White folk.

If you guys want a very constructive, precise post about any form of Bullying, I'd read what Sinue_V2 had to say in the "No Life" Thread.

TheOneHero
Dec 12, 2008, 02:30 PM
Racist terms to white people are just jokes? Completely untrue.

a BLACK GUY telling another BLACK GUY that he's a BLACK GUY.

Let's break down the "N-word". From experience, I've learned ending it in an "er" is offensive to both black and white. However, ending it in an "a" is for "homies" and "bros" for blacks.

"er" is what blacks were called years ago, as slaves and when they didn't have equal rights. Calling them that is telling them they aren't as good as the rest of us. (Regardless of whether a black or white person said it.)

Don't bring up other arguments if you can't make sense of the first one, and stop flamebaiting/flaming the other members here. Kent doesn't have a stick up his butt, nor was he trying to be a smartass; but merely hoping you'd rethink your post.

And despite what you may think, not everyone is out there to get people "worked up".

DreXxiN
Dec 12, 2008, 02:36 PM
Rofl.

I give.

You all know everything.

Peace and GL~

PS. Regardless if it was offensive or not, it was simply just words. As I said, if you are that bothered, report him. People here can't do anything about you getting called..erm..that.

EDIT:

And as far as the "Stick-up-ass-" Comment, the way it was worded and such, you can tell the question was rhetorical and that it had a very sarcastic tone.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm rather amused how some people think people suddenly get more academically honest when they hit college. Not true at all, in my experience. If anything, people begin to cheat moreso because the coursework becomes more difficult, plus they have trouble dealing with how college expects you to be responsible for your work rather than you being told to do it.

The bullying goes down to pretty much zero, yeah, but the cheaters are ever abound. And it doesn't stop there--it bleeds into the workplace too. As long as people continue to discover the "easy way out" and as long as nobody's doing anything to discipline them, it will never end.

DreXxiN
Dec 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'm rather amused how some people think people suddenly get more academically honest when they hit college. Not true at all, in my experience. If anything, people begin to cheat moreso because the coursework becomes more difficult, plus they have trouble dealing with how college expects you to be responsible for your work rather than you being told to do it.

The bullying goes down to pretty much zero, yeah, but the cheaters are ever abound. And it doesn't stop there--it bleeds into the workplace too. As long as people continue to discover the "easy way out" and as long as nobody's doing anything to discipline them, it will never end.

This.

And sadly it's typically the American way to go lol. Same reason people hax games >;].

Besides, what's pride and dignity in 2008? ;O