PDA

View Full Version : too bad Sega cant give more updats today like....

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 04:51 PM
http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule

Guntechers' attack TECHNIC cap will be increased from LV20 to LV30.
Wartechers' support TECHNIC level cap will increase from LV20 to LV30.
Fortetechers' support TECHNIC level cap will increase from LV30 to LV40.
Acrotechers' support TECHNIC level cap will increase from LV40 to LV50

and

Photon Charges will be modified so that when used from the action palette on two single-handed weapons, instead of replenishing only 50% of the max PP of each weapon, it will refill all PP for each weapon.

and

The method of finding a rare mission will be modified as follows:
Any party member can receive a rare mission; it is no longer exclusive to the leader.
When a party member receives a rare mission, a message will be displayed on the screens of all party members to say who received the mission.
Eligible players must be in the field at the time of a mission's end.
Eligible players must have been a part of the party for at least 80% of the total mission time.
The number of people in a party will no longer affect the chances of receiving a rare mission.

as this would make me happier..and the fact we should have already had these.

as I am tired of using Photon charges like candy...

Golto
Dec 7, 2008, 05:01 PM
Anything that requires patch you can forget it anytime soon thanks to microsoft.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 7, 2008, 05:31 PM
Don't waste your Photon Charges when using two single handed weapons... activate them through weapon selection for max effect.

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 05:37 PM
someone is always complaining >.>....

if you game a man on the street a sandwitch... do you think tat give you the right to tell him he can't ask for more when he is hungry and has sparce meals at best since March 2008....

I feel like the hungryman on the street .....sorry that you feel that Sega fed the players for a month or so....otherwise ALL we will get are the Lobby changes and nothing else till Jan at earliest.... Late Jan to Mid Feb is more likely...

Don't waste your Photon Charges when using two single handed weapons... activate them through weapon selection for max effect.

dude I am a Mage..... um without a Heal wand on one side and a attack on the other I would either die or not get to hit the mobs.... and atm I kind want the Exp....as there have been parties that I have healed and due their low armors or them tossing Trimates and dimates on the ground(yes I saw some guy do this) I miss Groups of mobs...

ashley50
Dec 7, 2008, 05:38 PM
someone is always complaining >.>....

yeah...i HAVE to agree.

if you game a man on the street a sandwitch... do you think tat give you the right to tell him he can't ask for more when he is hungry and has sparce meals at best since March 2008....

Game Man? sandwitch? wth are you talking about?

joefro
Dec 7, 2008, 05:39 PM
Anything that requires patch you can forget it anytime soon thanks to microsoft.
Yeah because it takes Microsoft two-three months to certify a patch.
O wait...

Chibi_psu
Dec 7, 2008, 05:42 PM
I think this whole critical bug found in carnival is just that they have to make a system update and microsoft didnt allowed it yet

hunterseifer
Dec 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
Then go tell sega about that the recent update isnt any good then, and tell them what you want, I see alot of threads saying they love the new updates and then I see this thread "sigh" of course I wouldnt mind seeing the tech updates and master classes, but they gave us something instead of nothing, this update was quite a bit actually, five new mish ranks and a event+ different lobbies, with new weps/armor and a lvl cap and your still not satisfied? come on!

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 05:53 PM
We could have the entire game unlocked with every level cap mission and items and this kid would still complain. It's hopeless.

Chibi_psu
Dec 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
Its not hopeless.Just because we had an update after 2 month of nothing doesnt mean we have to pull down our pants and say good work sega.Its a nice update but thats all.There is still a huge delay in stuff

ashley50
Dec 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
Then he has to live with the delay like the rest of us...

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 05:59 PM
Its not hopeless.Just because we had an update after 2 month of nothing doesnt mean we have to pull down our pants and say good work sega.Its a nice update but thats all.There is still a huge delay in stuff

Exactly

and as far as my sandwitch Refence goes I was using a form of a simile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simile

and

BTW I haven't been a Kid in a LOOOOOOOOOG time

I am old enough to have Teenage kids

(and I do have one btw but I never knew him he went up for adoption at birth..)

Aries2384
Dec 7, 2008, 06:02 PM
We got something. I'm happy about that. What is the problem here. If you spent as much time hunting for Kaos Knight's as you all did bitching, the market would be glutted with them. This is of course, impossible to accomplish as the human animal is never happy unless it is bitching about something. I for one am glad to get any update. And the OP, all I can say is All in good time. Im much happier with parum gbr than if we just got a update that made photon charges affect both weapons and some tech updates. Hmm parum gbr...or ..photon charges.. decisions decisions... <snort> Yes, I was upset when we had a total lack of updates, now we've got a sizable one. Sheesh whats the problem? My ONE complaint, however, is that I'd like to hear reasons from Sega. Reasons meaning, hey we can't release this update yet because there is a bug or problem with Microsoft okaying it. They did pretty good with filling us in on the power outage bit. Shit happens, get over it? I for one am glad the server went down so I can focus on finishing my studies for college exams (im hopelessly re-addicted to PSU now that we got a update). So seriously people, shuddap, go play. (as soon as the servers are back up). Remember, if you bwaaah bwaaah, Santa will know and you won't get anything more than a scratched PSU disk in your stocking for christmas.

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 06:15 PM
We got something. I'm happy about that. What is the problem here. If you spent as much time hunting for Kaos Knight's as you all did bitching, the market would be glutted with them. This is of course, impossible to accomplish as the human animal is never happy unless it is bitching about something. I for one am glad to get any update. And the OP, all I can say is All in good time. Im much happier with parum gbr than if we just got a update that made photon charges affect both weapons and some tech updates. Hmm parum gbr...or ..photon charges.. decisions decisions... <snort> Yes, I was upset when we had a total lack of updates, now we've got a sizable one. Sheesh whats the problem? My ONE complaint, however, is that I'd like to hear reasons from Sega. Reasons meaning, hey we can't release this update yet because there is a bug or problem with Microsoft okaying it. They did pretty good with filling us in on the power outage bit. Shit happens, get over it? I for one am glad the server went down so I can focus on finishing my studies for college exams (im hopelessly re-addicted to PSU now that we got a update). So seriously people, shuddap, go play. (as soon as the servers are back up). Remember, if you bwaaah bwaaah, Santa will know and you won't get anything more than a scratched PSU disk in your stocking for christmas.

could not play this weekend even if I wanted too.....

I have play many mmos PSU updates are the slowes also DON"T blame M$ for SEGA Crappy programing skills....

I asked them about potental problems 2-3 months before the dasboard updates they said that there were none

also odds are all of the updates that I have sted will be SERVER SIDE..

ashley50
Dec 7, 2008, 06:24 PM
then just stop playing this game k?
Play that game that has fast, on time updates insated of this.

TheOneHero
Dec 7, 2008, 06:25 PM
Play that game that has fast, on time updates insated of this.

World of WarCraft! :wacko:

Really, some people are just never satisfied. ._.

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
If we still were in the long update drought I'd understand==but I don't think there's ever been an update during a GBR or a single content update with so much packed into it at once.

If GBR ends and we start going weeks without updates again....then you can start complaining again.

Rust
Dec 7, 2008, 07:10 PM
I have play many mmos PSU updates are the slowes also DON"T blame M$ for SEGA Crappy programing skills....

PSU is FAR from being the online game with the slowest content updates (even with the two months gap), I have known a whole bunch of MMO where you had much less content than PSU, and also smaller and rarer updates (e.g. Cabal Online, no wonder why they went back to Free to Play...).

Besides, the update releases have nothing to do with programming skills. It's just a matter of translating content for our servers and unlocking said content on the disk.
The only thing close to programming is when they have to fix bugs, and that's not such an easy task as what you make it sound.

Matic
Dec 7, 2008, 07:11 PM

I feel like the hungryman on the street .....sorry that you feel that Sega fed the players for a month or so....

Did you just compare an update drought to starvation?

...I actually almost tried to sage this thread.

JadedSEGAplayer88
Dec 8, 2008, 10:29 AM
Then go tell sega about that the recent update isnt any good then, and tell them what you want, I see alot of threads saying they love the new updates and then I see this thread "sigh" of course I wouldnt mind seeing the tech updates and master classes, but they gave us something instead of nothing, this update was quite a bit actually, five new mish ranks and a event+ different lobbies, with new weps/armor and a lvl cap and your still not satisfied? come on!

Yeah,awesome! Look at all the great stuff Sega gave us! Then they rolled the servers back to Friday on the Xbox360 and took it all away. We have only been waiting 3 months for new content why should we complain? You people who think this game is not being run poorly (a huge understatemant) should try playing a good MMO and then you would realize how bad SEGA is sticking it to you. If there is anything wrong here it is that the player community is not doing enough complaining about the poor service. Better yet we should boycott PSU until SEGA starts acting like grown-ups and running this game like a real business with some minimum level of quality. If this was the 1st time SEGA messed up PSU you might have a valid arguement. However, as someone who has been playing PSU from the first day out in the USA i'm here to tell you that SEGA has been messing up this game every step of the way and all we ever get is an "I'm sorry" and 3 star luck for a few days. I think we would all be happier if SEGA would just get the job done right on the 1st try for change.

ashley50
Dec 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
...at least you all get a fresh start

and like i said before. If the content updates for this game is slow (i know it is), then why are you still playing this game? Why not play that "Good MMO" you speak of instead?

Kylie
Dec 8, 2008, 05:28 PM
I predict more dry spells. There's only so much content they can give us as we wait for the Mission Carnival, and we have three events waiting for us after that. Seeing as every event except for FB (iirc) has been late or screwed up, I expect to see more delays. If they were to add too much to any update, it would not only ensure a dry spell, but it would make it longer... So I'm happy with this most recent update.

Powder Keg
Dec 8, 2008, 05:48 PM
...at least you all get a fresh start

and like i said before. If the content updates for this game is slow (i know it is), then why are you still playing this game? Why not play that "Good MMO" you speak of instead?

A lot of people don't want to admit it, but there aren't very many better MMOs.

amtalx
Dec 8, 2008, 05:53 PM

Good work talking out of your ass. I used to work with MS cert. Its strict but not that bad. Also those "rules" are part of the reason the PC/PS2 economy was fuxed with haxeta.

BFGfreak
Dec 14, 2008, 04:12 AM
First off, all in favor of unleashing this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6aoRD4go0Q) on sega, raise your hand.

Anyway, in response to an earlier post about the level of support we get here, I recently had some issues with World of Warcraft (honestly, my xbox was in the shop, I needed something to do) anyway, I discovered a bug which gameplay wise, was about on par with the robot slowdown glitch, so I submited a GM ticket, and within an hour, I was private chatting with a gm at 10 in the evening, and he was appologising for the delay in responding to my ticket. I guess it just goes to show how much of a thick skin I developed with sega, if a hour of waiting for my ticket to be handled didn't bother me (granted, I could still play, and I pretty much forgot about that ticket, but still)

Anyway, here are some quotes from a post I made before I bought a full subscription to WoW: (forum thread can be found here (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=13129906853&postId=131286856750&sid=1#0)
[spoiler-box]
Q u o t e:

How good is Blizzard at at adressing and fixing bugs?

It depends on the bug. Exploits and major bugs are fixed almost immediately. Class balance issues and certain bugs on individual spells can take a while to fix (or never be fixed at all).

Q u o t e:

About how often do content updates come along, and would you say that the content is satisfying and lats until the next update?

The content patches come every 3-6 months. They're definitely some of the best patches I've seen in an MMO. Very satisfying.
--------
They're very fast with bugs, balance changes can take some time though.
--------
Q u o t e:

Depends on how game breaking the bug is. If it screws the game completely up, allows for huge exploits, etc. it will be hotfixed extremely quickly. Otherwise they will usually get fixed in the next content patch. Some bugs never go away because of coding restraints. Ex. the magi spell blink, which gets teleports you forwards and gets bugged if there's something in your path.

Q u o t e:
About how often do content updates come along, and would you say that the content is satisfying and lasts until the next update?

Fairly quick. A couple of months for a decent sized update. Updates range in size from minor changes to huge changes in zones, new content, changes in classes, etc. but their all free. (Expansions you need to pay)
[/spoiler-box] I may create a similar post in the official PSU boards, just to see a comparison in attitude, but I think I know what to expect

Oh, and for those who suggest boycotting PSU, you're only encoraging them to make service even worse, if you're going to boycotte something, boycotte anything with the sega logo on it (or at least don't buy PSP and PSZ you hypocrytse)

McLaughlin
Dec 14, 2008, 03:54 PM

Why is SEGA the only company having issues getting their garbage through certification?

Also, last I checked all Title Updates are given to the NA PC/PS2 server before the 360 for exactly this reason.