PDA

View Full Version : SOA Power Maintenance complete!

Pages : [1] 2

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hey everyone,

With the PSU site and official board still down, a little mention here that the PC/PS2 PSU servers are now back online ahead of schedule, and 360 is underway.

Thanks again for your patience and have a great time online! :)

Edit: Due to a critical issue on the PC/PS2 side, we've taken the servers down to investigate and fix the problem. We apologize for the second delay, but feel the players who lost items (and in some cases characters) completely deserve to have this set as priority before we put the servers back online.

Thank you!

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 7, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up ruby, i hope the 360 servers are up and running soon im getting itchy fingers. mmmmmmm drools over a lumirus/kaos knight

Cleptomaniac
Dec 7, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone,

With the PSU site and official board still down, a little mention here that the PC/PS2 PSU servers are now back online ahead of schedule, and 360 is underway.

When you say the 360 is underway, what exactly does that mean? We have to wait another 24 hours, or, are you just now putting them back up in a few minutes?

aquafire
Thanks for the info Ruby ;-)

SJW89
Hooray. Thanks for the update. Although I'm not sure why the Xbox 360 is always last to come back up.

Ecchi
Dec 7, 2008, 07:18 PM
Thanx for letting us kno ^^

Para
Dec 7, 2008, 07:20 PM
ATTTTAACCCKKK!!!!!!! I mean woot.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm INNNNN!!!!!! *Hits the PSU crack pipe* oh yeahhhhh

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
When you say the 360 is underway, what exactly does that mean? We have to wait another 24 hours, or, are you just now putting them back up in a few minutes?

Underway means they're being worked on right now, so they should be back up soon - I'll post again to confirm when they go live.

N2TrAnC3
Dec 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
Finally

chicken105
next time 360 plz. You won't have such a bad flame because of the less population. :lol: If you're late that is.

Sexy_Raine
Time to get to 150. :P

Good luck everyone.

Sylsha
Dec 7, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for letting us know Ruby ^^

I hope the 360 servers come back up soon

hewitt
Dec 7, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hooray. Thanks for the update. Although I'm not sure why the Xbox 360 is always last to come back up.

I think ST has to go through Microsoft, first, in order to bring the servers, up or something like that.

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update Ruby!:-D

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 07:33 PM
>_< should have not said anything till both were up now you have me checking like every 5 secs lol im anxious to get bak to work

awhitecanadian
Dec 7, 2008, 07:34 PM
so im just sitin here on y xbox constantly tapping the retry button on the psu login screen... and now its actually going to the awaiting response from psu server screen before going back to the retry... instead of automatically saying it cant connect.... yup im pretty bored

SyncopaTe
Dec 7, 2008, 07:35 PM
so im just sitin here on y xbox constantly tapping the retry button on the psu login screen... and now its actually going to the awaiting response from psu server screen before going back to the retry... instead of automatically saying it cant connect.... yup im pretty bored

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 07:35 PM
dude u never retry always disconnect although they might have fixed this but i doubt it anyway theyre still not up

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 07:36 PM
For people too lazy to get up and go turn on the Xbox, we can't check because the site is down.

23 minutes

Slugger706
Dec 7, 2008, 07:37 PM
The Servers Are Back :-D

awhitecanadian
Dec 7, 2008, 07:37 PM
dude u never retry always disconnect although they might have fixed this but i doubt it anyway theyre still not up

shhh... im still a noob....:-D

Jetikins
Dec 7, 2008, 07:38 PM
Of course. 360 is always the last to go up. This game is rigged I say.

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 07:39 PM
Just logged back in and went into my room to find something a little off :X Rooms reverted to the default, as has my PM, shops gone too. Window view is of space, though apparently I'm in Parum.

With the official site down, any idea how I send in a bug report? this is a little bit irritating :/

On PC Version btw

Midicronica
Dec 7, 2008, 07:39 PM
It's always been like this for maintenance, so I don't see the big deal. :\

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 07:40 PM
360 is up?

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
Just logged back in and went into my room to find something a little off :X Rooms reverted to the default, as has my PM, shops gone too. Window view is of space, though apparently I'm in Parum.

With the official site down, any idea how I send in a bug report? this is a little bit irritating :/

On PC Version btw

Interesting, is anyone else seeing something like this? Don't worry about tickets for now, I'll work with everyone here to find out if anything is up.

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
no 360 not up and its a big deal cause weve already been waitin for a day so its a slap in the face that 6 people on the pc/ps2 can play and we cantl

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
Cheers Ruby, was hoping you'd see this, just to update I took a look around. Everything I had on my character is there (items I was holding, PAs etc). In my room I've lost my PM, all items stored in it, my room theme... everything but the stuff in my common box :X

edit: my PM still has it's Battle Stat... lol

marksman dan
Dec 7, 2008, 07:44 PM
does that mean soon or another day

L_Grey
did ya try signing in and out?

SJW89
If you're still waiting on the 360, we still have 16 minutes before we can actually start complaining. We were told it'd be up at 7:00CST

Midicronica
Dec 7, 2008, 07:45 PM
no 360 not up and its a big deal cause weve already been waitin for a day so its a slap in the face that 6 people on the pc/ps2 can play and we cantl

lol Nice flamebait there, pal. Take it easy, you won't die or anything, go knit a sweater or something.

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 07:46 PM
Cheers Ruby, was hoping you'd see this, just to update I took a look around. Everything I had on my character is there (items I was holding, PAs etc). In my room I've lost my PM, all items stored in it, my room theme... everything but the stuff in my common box :X

Mamma Brain Decide to put a glitch in you system

Sylsha
Interesting, is anyone else seeing something like this? Don't worry about tickets for now, I'll work with everyone here to find out if anything is up.

Well, since 360 servers are still down, I can't tell, but to be honest now I'll be scared to log in myself :(

Let us know if it's safe to log in 360 servers when they come back up ok? Please ^^

L_Grey
16 mins is an eternity i need my fix
*starts to have a fit*

lol jk just a bit antsy

Ryna
I'm not having any problems with my two AotI rooms.

marksman dan
Dec 7, 2008, 07:47 PM
is 360 up

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
nope unless my internet is down but i take it you can see this post

DreXxiN
Dec 7, 2008, 07:50 PM
nope unless my internet is down but i take it you can see this post

What post?

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 07:51 PM
For what? I don't think so. As long as Sega backed up the data there is no need for a rollback.

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
Well, since 360 servers are still down, I can't tell, but to be honest now I'll be scared to log in myself :(

I know I'm getting worried about this too, let's hope this isn't a widespread issue.:( On another note, there are 170 people viewing the PSU general forum now lol.

LionHeart-
Dec 7, 2008, 07:53 PM
Lovely jubley, nothing beats coming home from work and jumping on PSU before bed :P, thanks Ruby.

Raveno
Dec 7, 2008, 07:54 PM
:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x dallas lost

well i'm hungry so i'm grabbing something to eat...so by the time i'm done....it should be back online ^^

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
Logged out and in, still dead room, pretty sure it's been save serverside in this state :X

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9385/psu20081208005232003yk3.png

Icecold
Dec 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hmm, I have the same thing happen. I logged into one of my characters and the room is default with no shop. My PM is lvl 0 agian asking me to give it a name. I'm going to go see what else I can find to better describe the situation.

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 07:57 PM
i wish i could stay up all night 2day but i got a dum econ final 2marrow so hurry up sega i <3 u if u just drop a few LKKs in my room

Ryno
Dec 7, 2008, 07:58 PM
Just a few minutes. going on my 360 to wait see you guys on psu =D

marksman dan
hopefully that wont happen to 360

hewitt
My whole room's V1-ized. Except, every room space is filled with the New Year's decorations.
My storage has been emptied, PM's been reset, common box is still in tact, shop is removed
and anything in the shop is gone. My personal inventory is fine. But I had my Gao rods and Pwand in my storage, plus a bunch of other rarz. T_T

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm, I have the same thing happen. I logged into one of my characters and the room is default with no shop. My PM is lvl 0 agian asking me to give it a name. I'm going to go see what else I can find to better describe the situation.

0_0 i hope this doesnt happen to 360 that sounds very rollback worthy

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Let's hope they test it out and make sure this won't happen before they bring 360 back up.

Ryno
Dec 7, 2008, 08:01 PM
its 8:01 EST and 5:01 PAC

Mag_Launcher
Yeeeeeah, best I don't login tonight, since the fact that this is happening, there WILL be a rollback that will render anything I do tonight useless.

marksman dan
hopefully

Jetikins
Wow..if that happens I seriously will quit

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:02 PM
lol and they couldnt test it b4 they brought em up 1st? we shall see since there seems to be a legitimate problem ill go eat dinner

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 08:02 PM
If I were you guys, I wouldn't bother playing because I wouldn't be shocked if there were a rollback due to so many people having this problem, unless it can somehow be fixed otherwise.

Ryno
Dec 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
yes i'm scared about logging in now... and about the roll back now...lol
i should eat dinner 1st and see what happends.

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:04 PM
they wont let anyone lose their inventory theyll rollback on ps2/pc because i dont see why people would lie about this so it has to be happening as far as 360 we dont know yet

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 08:05 PM
Screw it, I'll log in and enjoy my time. You know, since there's NOT under any circumstances going to be a rollback on 360. Some over-hyperactive people think so.

N1NJASTEVE
Still stretching mah fingerz. waiting patiently for the xblox servers. coffee is done and now I sit here.

Cleptomaniac
yes i'm scared about logging in now... and about the roll back now...lol
i should eat dinner 1st and see what happends.

Yeah, I made a 50 lightning and 42 dark armas line friday. I will cry if they do a rollback.

MasterPain
Dec 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
my char's room seems unscathed, at least the char i logged in with, have yet to check my alts

SJW89
Yeah, I made a 50 lightning and 42 dark armas line friday. I will cry if they do a rollback.

Why would they do a rollback to a point before the maintenance...?

Trinity Starkiller
they wont let anyone lose their inventory theyll rollback on ps2/pc because i dont see why people would lie about this so it has to be happening as far as 360 we dont know yet

Yeah I'm assuming there will be a rollback to fix this... I'm hoping. Which honestly makes me nervous, reporting this was my 1st post on PSOW, If I manage to get the entire server rolled back in my 1st post... oh god what does the future hold? D:

optimus17
Dec 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
can't wait to hop back online psu withdrawl lol.

Aries2384
Wow..if that happens I seriously will quit

Bad things happen Jetkins, you can't have been playing this game that long if such a thing as this would make you quit. This game has seen far darker days and will continue to see them occaisonally. Best quit now while you are ahead if you can't stomache disappointment.

ThaJesusLzrd
Still stretching mah fingerz. waiting patiently for the xblox servers. coffee is done and now I sit here.
I thought you didn't like psu that much?

Majarra
Wow its 5:05 and i still cant log in. ROFL i better not sign in seeing no character data.....

L_Grey
as long as it doesnt happen on the 360 people well be good to play but ps2/pc can call it a night lol

Icecold
Ok so I lost every item I own except for what is on my characters and in the common box. All four of my fully lvled partner machines have been reverted back to lvl 0 and their storage has been wiped clean. So aside from losing all of my weapons, armor, units, clothes, boards, and mats, I also lost my PMs and the things that were being synthed like my battlestoppers and twin tornados. Wow, this was a very sucessful maintenance.... And to make things better? I now have 4 rooms full of flowers.... take a peek

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3892/psu20081207175959000ks9.png
By firefish64 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/firefish64) at 2008-12-07

This is what all of my rooms look like. Thanks for the flowers guys...
At least my red knight was still on my character....
What's going to happen now?

Broodstar1337
360 servers are still down. PC/PS2 servers are fucked up.

Way to add to your already impressive list of PSU-related fuckups, Sega. Way to go.

N2TrAnC3

Seeing as the issue is post servers going down, I wouldnt worry....

Cleptomaniac
Dec 7, 2008, 08:08 PM

They backup the servers during maintenance. With that eing the case, I would lose any item created after that point. Friday is AFTER the maintenance.

Spartan Law

If their last viable backup data was before the maintenance? Its possible the backing up just before the maintenance went wrong, in which case it would have to be the closest one to that....

Mag_Launcher
It's only gonna rollback to the point when the servers went down to start the maintenance, anything you did yesterday will still be intact when it happens.

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:09 PM
yeah if they rollback theyll only kill the stuff today not wut you made friday

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 08:09 PM
It's only gonna rollback to the point when the servers went down to start the maintenance, anything you did yesterday will still be intact if it happens.

I wish people could stop ASSUMING there will be a stupid rollback.

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 08:10 PM
A friend took this shot from my room, check out the bottom right

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/BARR.jpg

marksman dan
Dec 7, 2008, 08:11 PM
i got some cocacola so i am ready to play

xiuying
Dec 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
It's only gonna rollback to the point when the servers went down to start the maintenance, anything you did yesterday will still be intact when it happens.

are you 100% sure they did a backup last night? let's just say i wouldn't bet my house on it...

Aries2384
A friend took this shot from my room, check out the bottom right

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/BARR.jpg

Instead of panicing like headless chickens and saying "BAWWH I HATE YOU SEGA!!" Has anyone tried logging completely out and then logging back in? I mean, completely exit the game and log back in.

L_Grey
lol first we get a long awaited update then they kill the servers during the 2nd day of the update and now a rollback possibly for all platforms way to restore the faith as long as it doesnt take em 3months its all good

Mag_Launcher
Well, I dunno, people losing almost ALL their shit is a pretty serious problem, I think people should stop assuming there WON'T be one. A bug this serious will only be resolved by a rollback, so prepare to eat your words tomorrow.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 08:13 PM
Instead of panicing like headless chickens and saying "BAWWH I HATE YOU SEGA!!" Has anyone tried logging completely out and then logging back in? I mean, completely exit the game and log back in.

Seriously, how the fuck is that gonna fix anything?

Aries2384
Dec 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
Well, I dunno, people losing almost ALL their shit is a pretty serious problem, I think people should stop assuming there WON'T be one. A bug this serious will only be resolved by a rollback, so prepare to eat your words tomorrow.

Why doesn't everyone try waiting to see what Sega says? Hmm. Instead if impaling each other on stupid petty arguments. Try waiting. See what they have to say. It might just simply be a data issue and can be rectified without doing anything. I ask again, has anyone simply tried exiting the game and going back in?
And for the above post. A soft data reload on your account tells the server to dig up your account data. Sometimes reloading or relogging fixes random shit like that. Computers arent as "scientific" as everyone pretends they are.

RagolianHunter
Dec 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
that was short lived.

L_Grey

so how do you propose they restore the peoples inventories, rooms, and bots that have posted and that of those who didnt without 1? theres no way theres not going to be one for the pc/ps2 side

SJW89

Be sure to make one of those special "quote sigs" about me when it does.

addictedtopsu

Ya I did and my room is still a version 1 room with a reset PM and all my stuff in storage is gone and I have no shop in my room anymore.

norrisj15
LOL they couldn't even have a simple power maitence update.

Mag_Launcher
are you 100% sure they did a backup last night? let's just say i wouldn't bet my house on it...
Well, no, I'm not. But the notion that they would rollback to the point before GBR even started would be absurd.

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 08:17 PM

If you read back a little you would see that I've already done this. Also you seriously think that'd solve anything on a game where the data is saved serverside? the servers down now so lets wait and see what they do.

Icecold
The server is under maintenance again it says, does this mean it's being looked at?

Clunker
Ok, with all these fellow PC/PS2 players' rooms getting glitched, I hopped on each character to see if mine were similarly affected. They weren't.

However, I play/connect with a PS3 - not a PC. It seems at first glance that it is *PC* players, literally, who've been affected.

Or am I wrong?

I went to Primary character, then the other three slots (just Armor PM characters, though one does have a AoTI store). All seemed fine. Then I attempted to get back on with the primary.

"Error no. 51 - the servers may be going under maintenance".

Eh? WTF? Going to attempt again after a few minutes, to allow my PS3 to clear its head.

I'll keep ya posted.

Powder Keg

This.

Same thing happened when the collector came about and the PM groll items glitched your inventory. Only now, pretty much 80% of people's account data is gone. (Room, storage, etc)

Also--I wouldn't count on seeing the 360 servers coming back up for a little bit if they already discovered this problem on PC/PS2. You wouldn't want the same to happen to you, would you?

Shadowfold
I'm just a little angry because I just got this game on Saturday and I only got to play maybe 4-5 hours. Totally ruined my weekend :-(

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
Why doesn't everyone try waiting to see what Sega says? Hmm. Instead if impaling each other on stupid petty arguments. Try waiting. See what they have to say. It might just simply be a data issue and can be rectified without doing anything. I ask again, has anyone simply tried exiting the game and going back in?
And for the above post. A soft data reload on your account tells the server to dig up your account data. Sometimes reloading or relogging fixes random shit like that. Computers arent as "scientific" as everyone pretends they are.

Why don't you think about what you just said for a second. Sometimes logging out and logging back in can fix a bad data transfer for one person, but it sounds like everyone is having trouble with this. What are the odds of everyone who plays this having a bad data transfer?

MasterPain
First, can we please watch the language. there are minors on this site. second logging out and back it might work, dont blast it till u try it. during firebreak my pm was reset i logged out and back in and it was fine. on the other hand it may have been a glitch since the screen flickered as i entered the room. but hey never know it might work.

RubyEclipse
So, as most PC/PS2 players are aware, we just took the servers down so we can investigate the issue.

I checked into at least three players who reported this - one lost a full char, the other two had lost full rooms and their entire storage inventories. I'll be working with the full team now to check out what the issue was, and will keep you guys up to date with our status.

I apologize again for this second maintenance, as I know many people (myself included) were stoked to finally be back online. However, we owe it to these players to do all we can to investigate and restore what they've lost, and right now that takes first priority.

norrisj15
This.

Same thing happened when the collector came about and the PM groll items glitched your inventory. Only now, pretty much 80% of people's account data is gone. (Room, storage, etc)

Mine was cool :)

It's funny how they can mess up the easiest things. This is customer service at its finest!

SJW89
Great, now Sega is going to divert their attention to the all-important PC/PS2 server and take extra long for the Xbox 360 server.

Morpheo
Dec 7, 2008, 08:19 PM
i wonder if the screw ups on the pc / ps2 is affecting the 360.....still aint on

Mag_Launcher
Dec 7, 2008, 08:20 PM
Be sure to make one of those special "quote sigs" about me when it does.
I could care less to even bother doing that, just saying, this problem is serious enough to justify a rollback. Just because YOU weren't affected doesn't mean a number of other people haven't, so congrats, you didn't lose anything, noone gives a crap.

LionHeart-
Servers been taken down now, I was DC'ed after a GM posted a message across the screen.

Anyways though, I hope you guys who were effected get your stuff back because we wouldn't want to lose anymore people. I don't think i've been hit though, I only jumped on one character which was in the 3rd slot.

Turb0
So, as most PC/PS2 players are aware, we just took the servers down so we can investigate the issue.

I checked into at least three players who reported this - one lost a full char, the other two had lost full rooms and their entire storage inventories. I'll be working with the full team now to check out what the issue was, and will keep you guys up to date with our status.

I apologize again for this second maintenance, as I know many people (myself included) were stoked to finally be back online. However, we owe it to these players to do all we can to investigate and restore what they've lost, and right now that takes first priority.

Any idea on how much longer 360 will be down? Not trying to sound impatient, taking the extra time to make sure this doesn't happen to 360 is much more important than getting them up ASAP.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Great, now Sega is going to divert their attention to the all-important PC/PS2 server and take extra long for the Xbox 360 server.
Who is to say the 360 server wouldn't have had the same issue? Stop assuming things you can't possibly know.

Will_Nonheim
This is... a bit scary. I haven't gone back to my room, so how the heck am I supposed to know if I was affected or not? >_>;

Trinity Starkiller

Cheers for the help, hoping to see all my stuff again :P

joefro
Dec 7, 2008, 08:22 PM
I think the thread title needs to be changed. I got on PSOW and saw it and I was excited. Then I start reading and I'm like wtf?

Powder Keg

When you lose your data, I'll say "forget about you" too. Could we stop to think that the problem may happen on 360 so they're taking a precaution while they investigate it?

Really, some people..... :-?

HidonRedux
This is... a bit scary. I haven't gone back to my room, so how the heck am I supposed to know if I was affected or not? >_>;

More importantly, if they're fixing it right now, what does it matter?

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 08:23 PM
When you lose your data, I'll say "forget about you" too. Could we stop to think that the problem may happen on 360 so they're taking a precaution while they investigate it?

Really, some people..... :-?

I really won't care, because I'm not a whiny crybaby and I can patiently wait for it to be fixed.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 7, 2008, 08:23 PM
GL and godspeed

marksman dan
Dec 7, 2008, 08:24 PM
is 360 servers even going to be on tonight

Will_Nonheim
More importantly, if they're fixing it right now, what does it matter?

Possibly the whole "What if they can't" matter, I guess.

Mag_Launcher
I really won't care, because I'm not a whiny crybaby and I can patiently wait for it to be fixed.
Oh but you DO care, if you stay here long enough to troll everyone, :/

norrisj15
Dec 7, 2008, 08:25 PM
GL and godspeed

LOL exactly what I was about to type.

amtalx
Well it would seem Sega hasn't lost their Midas' touch, except instead of turning everything to gold it turns to...yeah. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. This kind of leaves a sour taste considering Friday was their first attempt to do anything of significance in months.

Aixiao
Seems that whenever I want to hop on, there's some kind of error or malfunction. It's almost as if they know I'm actually wanting to play...

Xefi
i just wasted 35 min. playing for nothing
if SEGA TEAM going to do a rollback. Well
anyways, i hope it'll be fix soon. I logged
in earlier and nothing seems to happen to
my two characters that i played just now.

Good luck fixing the game to your team and
you, RubyEclipse.

Icecold
Dec 7, 2008, 08:26 PM
Well at least the problem has been acknowledged and is being looked into. Hopefully everone affected will get their stuff back

Yuudai_Riisu
I really won't care, because I'm a whiny crybaby and I can't patiently wait for it to be fixed.

fixed

Powder Keg

Whoops...

SJW89
Oh but you DO care, if you stay here long enough to troll everyone, :/

I'm waiting for the word of the Xbox 360 to come back up. Unfortunately my keen eyesight can't not see all the whining.

Whoops...

No, you're wrong. I said if the server has an issue and needs to be fixed, at least I know they're fixing it and not just slacking off like they are right now.

Cracka_J
Dec 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
So what about the people who haven't logged in yet? Are we to assume that there's still a high probability of stuff being f*ed up, and we may have item/character loss when we log back in?

I mean, yeah, a few people got to report the problems they had, but even more may exist across the board for people who haven't logged yet to check. I smell the foul stench of the rollback monster.

And SJW89 apparently gets the troll award for the tread. Props.

Zorak000
Dec 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
I smell a rollback!

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:28 PM
i just wasted 35 min. playing for nothing
if SEGA TEAM going to do a rollback. Well
anyways, i hope it'll be fix soon. I logged
in earlier and nothing seems to happen to
my two characters that i played just now.

Good luck fixing the game to your team and
you, RubyEclipse.
atleast they found out super quick this time just pretend ur on 360 and u never got to start playin lol id rather lose a run or two than a whole day of work

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm waiting for the word of the Xbox 360 to come back up. Unfortunately my keen eyesight can't not see all the whining.

No, you're wrong. I said if the server has an issue and needs to be fixed, at least I know they're fixing it and not just slacking off like they are right now.

wat? how are they being lazy when they are running another matinence right now to fix it sure its a bother but atleast they are workin on it... well atleast one person is pretending he is jk

Raveno
Dec 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
well, i'm full but not playing:-(

Dragwind
Dec 7, 2008, 08:34 PM
Any further flaming and trolling in thread will result in warnings.

marksman dan
r we even going to play tonight

Yuudai_Riisu
Well, I know they are trying there best...

Gen2000
Dec 7, 2008, 08:35 PM
Great, can't even imagine why this would happen. Hopefully it's fixed and explained blahblahblah meh...

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 7, 2008, 08:36 PM
r we even going to play tonight

probably, I think it will not take long

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 08:36 PM
wont know for a while i guess can watch my show ill be bak in another 40mins

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 7, 2008, 08:38 PM
So what about the people who haven't logged in yet? Are we to assume that there's still a high probability of stuff being f*ed up, and we may have item/character loss when we log back in?
Yeah, I reckon they'll just rollback to yesterday before the server went down or something.

Unless they didn't make a backup since before the update. Oh my, what a delicious shitstorm that would be if they rolled back to Thursday night.

mothra
Dec 7, 2008, 08:39 PM
holy cow! 358 people viewing the pso-world forums! most i've ever seen was in the 50's.

PepperCat
Dec 7, 2008, 08:40 PM
It's likely going to be Thursday night's backup.

I can't see them making a 2nd backup a day later, I know they should have but upper management LOVES to save money in ANY company.

:S

Yuudai_Riisu
Yeah, I reckon they'll just rollback to yesterday before the server went down or something.

Unless they didn't make a backup since before the update. Oh my, what a delicious shitstorm that would be if they rolled back to Thursday night.

That would suck xp

Deedlet
I think everyone wants some answers lol

Golto
Dec 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
Player data and room + related room data are stored differently it seems. So something must have happened to the 1 room server's save data.

LionHeart-
Dec 7, 2008, 08:41 PM

Haha, I was waiting for someone to post this... What I was thinking. Just hope they were smart enough to backup yesterdays downtime. If they didn't then they might aswell throw in the Master Classes while the servers are down.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
Oh God, Sunday TV sucks. I really don't want to turn to that while I wait. X_x

MiaRitz
I woke up early to get back on and now I see all this.
Now I can`t stop thinking: " I love the smell of rollback in the morning"

( In all honesty I was a little worried for the balance of the universe when I saw our last update, glad to see everythings fine, Segas still the goofy comedy sidekick that screws everything up but we can`t help but laugh, even if our head still hurst from that board were just wacked with.)

The Furyan
I'd quit PSU if they rolled back to before anyone found anything and they undid the trades I did over those days... you don't normally find someone itching so bad for a kaos knight that they'll give you a milla for 50 mill... I don't think Sega's crazy enough to attempt to inspire their customers to bomb their HQ.

lethe
Dec 7, 2008, 08:47 PM
Oh God, Sunday TV sucks. I really don't want to turn to that while I wait. X_x

Theres always PSU offline mode :P

Yusaku_Kudou
So keep PS2/PC down. Let's find out if the 360 is affected too. If not, let us play! Some of us work during the week and have weekends off (like students). This was the worst time. D:

N1NJASTEVE
Any word on the 360 side? Or is it F'd up as well?

HellKnight
If I remember correctly they only do a backup save once a week and that's on thursday evenings when they do maintenance. So it sounds like unless they do it for every server shutdown, we're losing everything we did friday and saturday. Granted that would be for the pc/ps2 server, nothing has been confirmed about the 360.

Namine
Dec 7, 2008, 08:48 PM
Better that its fixed now, would be bad if they have to rollback to Thursday's maintenance save, but I would think they made another save last night was well.

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
Any word on the 360 side? Or is it F'd up as well?

I bet as long as pc/ps2 server is down the xbox will also be down

NexGen
Dec 7, 2008, 08:54 PM
So keep PS2/PC down. Let's find out if the 360 is affected too. If not, let us play! Some of us work during the week and have weekends off (like students). This was the worst time. D:

Disagree! Finish your homework before the school week. Finals! Term papers! Whatever you got, get it done before PSU comes back up. :p

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
Disagree! Finish your homework before the school week. Finals! Term papers! Whatever you got, get it done before PSU comes back up. :p

yeah true dat I have finals next week xp

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 08:59 PM

That's retarded.

At least give the 360 crowd the opportunity to see if their servers are fucked up like Sega gave the PC/PS2 crowd. They owe the 360 players that much for keeping the western version of PSU above water.

marksman dan
no one is talking anymore

awhitecanadian
omg im on

joefro
Dec 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
360 up

N2TrAnC3
Dec 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
no one is talking anymore

We are awaiting Ruby's update.......

N2TrAnC3
Dec 7, 2008, 09:01 PM
im on

BahnKnakyu
Dec 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
It's likely going to be Thursday night's backup.

I can't see them making a 2nd backup a day later, I know they should have but upper management LOVES to save money in ANY company.

:S

Dunno, nightly backups aren't an uncommon thing. It doesn't cost a lot of money to buy a week's worth of tapes and to manually switch them out using a plain old tape backup drive. I can't imagine Sega of America to be foolish enough NOT to run with at least a manual tape backup done every day.

...Are they?

marksman dan
is 360 working?

Yusaku_Kudou

I'm 25, I work for a living..........

Shinko
Dec 7, 2008, 09:03 PM

yea i know. i think so too. :(

Kronolord626
I want to know why can't I log back in?????

Raveno
I AM ON :D:D:D:D:D

mvffin
Dec 7, 2008, 09:04 PM
I keep getting an error message.

"you have been disconnected due to an irregular ending process. please try again in 10 minutes."

edit: OK i'm in now. = )

marksman dan
is 360 working??

Spartan Law
On 360 just this message:

Your data is locked due to an irregular ending process.

Please try connecting again after 10 minutes.

That doesnt sound good......:-(

Jetikins
Dec 7, 2008, 09:05 PM
It'll be back when it's back, geez, simmer down.

FinalDeath
On my 360 it just says that i cannot connect Disconnect Or retry

Arcturus_
Dunno, nightly backups aren't an uncommon thing. It doesn't cost a lot of money to buy a week's worth of tapes and to manually switch them out using a plain old tape backup drive. I can't imagine Sega of America to be foolish enough NOT to run with at least a manual tape backup done every day.

...Are they?

People still use tape drives?

Sixtypinconnection
Dec 7, 2008, 09:06 PM
I work too. I do understand that these things happen! But it just kinda sucks, eh? I hope that it comes back up soon. I wanna get past level 17! I used to play PSO and this is my first time on an online game since....2005 maybe?

Anyways...Hope it comes back up soon. Sorry for the life story.

Syndrome
I'm on 360 with Leo at two and a half stars

Juza
People still use tape drives?

People still use COBOL and AS/400s. Reliable technology isn't replaced for no good reason, especially where companies are concerned.

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 09:07 PM
Quick just-after 6:00 (Pacific) update, as promised in another thread.

At this point we've essentially pinpointed the cause of the problem and the team is currently working on fixing it. It's too early to confirm any details about a rollback, but I'll keep you all posted there.

360 servers were checked for any similar issues, and as this was unique to PC/PS2, are now live. (Special thanks to all the 360 players for waiting!)

All of you who lost items or character data, thank you for your patience and letting me know so quickly - I'll drop another update in on our status at just after 6:30 PST.

olie3146
Dec 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
360 servers are up

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 09:09 PM
360 up so i assume its sfae

nyoro_n

At this point we've essentially pinpointed the cause of the problem and the team is currently working on fixing it. It's too early to confirm any details about a rollback, but I'll keep you all posted there.

360 servers are being checked for any similar issues, so we can ensure both servers are 100% good to go when we take them live again.

All of you who lost items or character data, thank you for your patience and letting me know so quickly - I'll drop another update in on our status at just after 6:30 PST.

aye aye!
HOPFULLY it's not a rollback until thursday. If it is, both servers will drastically have reduced population + second psu forums come up tomorrow about a billion complain threads (and i'm not even exagerating the numbers) + i'll have popcorn ready

Cracka_J
Guess no news is good news so far. Tune back in 20, same bat time, same bat channel.

hewitt
Dec 7, 2008, 09:10 PM

360 servers were checked for any similar issues, and as this was unique to PC/PS2, are now live. (Special thanks to all the 360 players for waiting!)

Thank you for the great feedback so far, but please tell us whether the servers'
data was backed up yesterday night. : D

Jetikins
Dec 7, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm on 360, and my rooms seem to be fine

Shinko
Dec 7, 2008, 09:11 PM
sweet and here i though that we was going to have to wait.

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 09:11 PM
If there did have to be a rollback, it would be only for PC/PS2 right? (hopefully)

Trinity Starkiller
Dec 7, 2008, 09:12 PM

Cheers, waiting on updates, hope the servers up before I sleep just so I can make sure I'm sorted out.

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 09:12 PM
Ruby, do you know the last time of the most recent backup made?

olie3146
Dec 7, 2008, 09:13 PM
They have done some kind of rollback because last night my rattlesnake broke going to 9 and I had two rattlesnacs at 9/10 and now theyre all 8/10 again :/ question is do I grind the rattle snake again lol

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm on 360, and my rooms seem to be fine

So 360 is finally online again?

*looks like some one ate their words about 360 messing up lol*

Azalea
I love the smell of the rollback in the morning....hmmmm ~v~

nyoro_n
They have done some kind of rollback because last night my rattlesnake broke going to 9 and I had two rattlesnacs at 9/10 and now theyre all 8/10 again :/ question is do I grind the rattle snake again lol

might as well :P

nyoro_n
Dec 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
I love the smell of the rollback in the morning....hmmmm ~v~
and a shot of gin of course :3

Sylsha
Dec 7, 2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks for everything Ruby ^^ It is really nice that you are keeping us informed about what's happening.

I hope for you that the problems on PC/PS2 will not be too difficult to solve.

Don't worry about us waiting on 360, a big problem like that comes first, it's understandable ^^ And it's a lot better that you check our servers before putting them back online

Heroth
Dec 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
Of all the games I've seen go down, and forums with people either commenting or complaining, I have to say the Fans of PSU are the best I've seen yet. It makes me happy to be back into this game again.

Now to just get past level 30 :-P

Morpheo
Dec 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
so the roll back wont be affecting 360? just pulled out a 34% dark armas line :p

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 7, 2008, 09:25 PM
its up ps2 servers

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hey PC/PS2 players!

So, I have some good news - first off, we've isolated and managed to fix the issue. This will result in a rollback, but only to Saturday (Yes, we had backups. :P) just before the servers went down originally.

Also, everyone who lost characters or items will return to find them all intact and just like you left them before the power maintenance! Special thanks again for letting us know so we could fix the issue and restore everything so quickly.

And finally - servers are up! Please log back and check to confirm all is well, and have a great weekend! (Second time's the charm, right?)

All the best,

- Ruby

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 7, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well played.

dogg1000
Dec 7, 2008, 09:27 PM
YAY!!!! :D

xiuying
Dec 7, 2008, 09:28 PM

i think this is what happened: last night everyone got kicked off and then couldnt connect again immediately, but after like 15 minutes we were able to log back in before they went down permanently after about another 10 minutes. anything i did in those 10 minutes after first getting kicked off seems to have never happened so i'm assuming there was a backup taken in those 15 minutes when nobody could reconnect, and you were probably grinding in the 10 minutes after the backup was taken

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
Hey PC/PS2 players!

So, I have some good news - first off, we've isolated and managed to fix the issue. This will result in a rollback, but only to Saturday (Yes, we had backups. :P) just before the servers went down originally.

Also, everyone who lost characters or items will return to find them all intact and just like you left them before the power maintenance! Special thanks again for letting us know so we could fix the issue and restore everything so quickly.

And finally - servers are up! Please log back and check to confirm all is well, and have a great weekend! (Second time's the charm, right?)

All the best,

- Ruby

But that rollback is only for pc/ps2 right?

biggabertha
Dec 7, 2008, 09:30 PM
Thank you very much, RubyEclipse and to all of your team.

Trinity Starkiller
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2466/psu20081208022812004mh4.png

Seems to be fine now, Thanks for the speedy fix!

Icecold
Thanks alot Ruby

BlackKusanagi
Look like its all back now.

Heroth
Hey PC/PS2 players!

All the best,

- Ruby

Yayyy *cheers*

LionHeart-
Dec 7, 2008, 09:31 PM
Haha, good job Ruby and kudos to your team to!

Icecold
Dec 7, 2008, 09:32 PM
Excellent work, it's all back and my battlestoppers and twin tornados were a success!! back t oGBR~!!

stukasa
Dec 7, 2008, 09:34 PM
Wow, that was a quick fix! Thank you (and for keeping us updated)! ^^

Ffuzzy-Logik
BEST ROLLBACK EVER

My 10% Blackheart is now 42%.

olie3146
Woot my Rattlesnake that originally broke at 9 and then came back as an 8/10 is now a 9/10 and I now also have a shiney rattlesnac 10/10 :D

Cheers for the updates ruby, much apriciated

LionHeart-
Dec 7, 2008, 09:35 PM
Woot my Rattlesnake that originally broke at 9 and then came back as an 8/10 is now a 9/10 and I now also have a shiney rattlesnac 10/10 :D

Cheers for the updates ruby, much apriciated

I lol'd man, congrats! :P

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 09:36 PM
BEST ROLLBACK EVER

My 10% Blackheart is now 42%.

You lucky son of a woman.

nyoro_n
Dec 7, 2008, 09:36 PM
;;
b4 rollback: 3* luck
now: 1*

BLAST YOU LUCK LADY

hewitt
Dec 7, 2008, 09:37 PM
Great job Ruby & Co.! >:P

Ecchi
Dec 7, 2008, 09:37 PM
wow that is pretty dam lucky XD

Spartan Law
Dec 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
All is not completely well on the 360 server. I have pm'd said glitch to Ruby on here and hope he see's it shortly. I am not going to post what the glitch is for fear of people making stuff up in an attempt to get something for nothing when some of us have lost a fair whack due to this glitch.

(I am personally out of pocket 1 10/10 36% Earth Bil De Axe :-( )

AuroraBlaze
Dec 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ok, I'm signed in on the PC/PS2 server and so far everything seems fine. (Thank God)! Im gonna check my other characters. Great job on resolving this issue so quickly and thank you for keeping us well informed Ruby. I appreciated your constant updates on the situation.

olie3146
Dec 7, 2008, 09:42 PM
All is not completely well on the 360 server. I have pm'd said glitch to Ruby on here and hope he see's it shortly. I am not going to post what the glitch is for fear of people making stuff up in an attempt to get something for nothing when some of us have lost a fair whack due to this glitch.

(I am personally out of pocket 1 10/10 36% Earth Bil De Axe :-( )
I took 6 mil out of my common box and it just randomly vanashed, Im not that overly bothered but im not touching my common box for a while.

Spartan Law
Dec 7, 2008, 09:45 PM
I took 6 mil out of my common box and it just randomly vanashed, Im not that overly bothered but im not touching my common box for a while.

I have a complete explanation for what happened but as i said just, i dont want to explain it till Ruby has gotten back to me so i can hopefully get my axe back and he will then know how to identify the liars from the people who were truly hit by this....

Im gutted at the moment...

xiuying
Dec 7, 2008, 09:48 PM
i think this is what happened: last night everyone got kicked off and then couldnt connect again immediately, but after like 15 minutes we were able to log back in before they went down permanently after about another 10 minutes. anything i did in those 10 minutes after first getting kicked off seems to have never happened so i'm assuming there was a backup taken in those 15 minutes when nobody could reconnect, and you were probably grinding in the 10 minutes after the backup was takenwould this explain it?

Itachi1990
Dec 7, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hey PC/PS2 players!

All the best,

- Ruby
So can you tell us how power maintenence turned into this weird glitch?

Cracka_J
Dec 7, 2008, 09:50 PM
Props Ruby. All my stuff that was obtained up to when the servers went down is intact.
Thanks to all that were involved that took the extra time to remedy the problem.

Sadly I don't have the stomach to play atm. I'ma go chill and watch a movie and relax. This stuff gets me too riled up, lol. See you all tomorrow.

SJW89
Dec 7, 2008, 09:50 PM

Errmmm...luckily I'm not having that problem. Perhaps you're lagging?

Para
Dec 7, 2008, 09:57 PM
I hate you SEGA. My Battlestopper failed.

Miss Malevolent
Dec 7, 2008, 10:48 PM
Servers going down in 5 minutes on the 306 side? Why? =(

N2TrAnC3
Dec 7, 2008, 10:49 PM
more maintenance wtf? edit dc'd

Midicronica
Dec 7, 2008, 10:51 PM
lol Roll 'em back, roll 'em back, roll 'em back, yee-haw!

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 7, 2008, 10:51 PM
Wow, my party got Illusionary Shaft. We beat it, then right after it said 5 min maintenance. But we had another Illusionary Shaft RIGHT AFTER WE BEAT ONE and we did it in 4 minutes, won, and then got booted off. :P

But yeah, why maint..?

L_Grey
Dec 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
well so much for the isolated problem on pc/ps2 enter 360 ur on a roll tonight sega lol jus get it done b4 i have to go to bed i wanna even out my boost >_< gotta run 3 missions ova

mothra
Dec 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
lame.

mvffin
Dec 7, 2008, 10:53 PM
:sigh:

Shinko
Dec 7, 2008, 10:54 PM
Man... why are we getting another maintenance? Was there something wrong with the xbox side 2? i didnt see anything wrong

N1NJASTEVE
Dec 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
Wow more BS. Excellent.

Miss Malevolent
Dec 7, 2008, 10:59 PM
Update at 10:45 pm EST: The Xbox 360 servers will be taken down shortly for maintenance as issues have been discovered. We're currently awaiting further news. The official site is back online however with the forums to return soon.

Main page on PSO-World. D<

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
360 Players,

Today has been an interesting day already - here's the scoop on the reason for the new maintenance and the 360 issue we're fixing in the meantime.

A number of players reported that items had either vanished or were duplicated since power maintenance - this was tied back to an issue with the common box, and we've already been able to locate the problem and are working on our method to fix it.

This maintenance will last for approximately two hours, and I will let you all know if a rollback is needed as we get closer to bringing the servers back online. Thanks again for your patience and apologies on behalf of the team for this issue. I'll keep you all updated shortly!

Turb0
Dec 7, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks a lot Ruby, good luck figuring everything out.

Cleptomaniac
Dec 7, 2008, 11:07 PM
360 Players,

Today has been an interesting day already - here's the scoop on the reason for the new maintenance and the 360 issue we're fixing in the meantime.

A number of players reported that items had either vanished or were duplicated since power maintenance - this was tied back to an issue with the common box, and we've already been able to locate the problem and are working on our method to fix it.

This maintenance will last for approximately two hours, and I will let you all know if a rollback is needed as we get closer to bringing the servers back online. Thanks again for your patience and apologies on behalf of the team for this issue. I'll keep you all updated shortly!

We getting 3* luck now for a while?

N2TrAnC3
Dec 7, 2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the update Ruby........ Crosses fingers *no rollback.

Morpheo
Dec 7, 2008, 11:10 PM
yes please no rollback! just compensate those players, i was there and i know it was only 1 or 2 claims that i saw.... and they seemed kinda shady..... well im goin to bed, good night all

L_Grey
f that spare me the 2 hrs roll this shiz bak so i can get to the hunt

serenade
i hope they dont rollback.... i just got back into PSU after 3 months of absence. just had fun finding some decent stuff to get me going again and now it could all be rolledback.

N1NJASTEVE
Dec 7, 2008, 11:12 PM
Boo hiss

Shinko
Dec 7, 2008, 11:14 PM
2 hours..... sigh.... man... i'll be mad if we have to wait all this time just for them to tell us there's a rollback -_-

McLaughlin
Dec 7, 2008, 11:15 PM
Well, I'll commend Ruby for at least trying to remain transparent with us. That's something we've not seen since this game launched.

Clint
Dec 7, 2008, 11:17 PM
Better that its fixed now, would be bad if they have to rollback to Thursday's maintenance save, but I would think they made another save last night was well.

I maintained PBX Switches in San Francisco for allot of different accounts in buildings all over. These buildings would have Power down Maintenance all the time I did backups of the Systems all the time before a power down, standard procedure. I hope Sega follows these typical standard procedures. >.>

mothra
Dec 7, 2008, 11:17 PM
Well, I'll commend Ruby for at least trying to remain transparent with us. That's something we've not seen since this game launched.

this.

Cleptomaniac
Dec 7, 2008, 11:18 PM

My friends and I were just discussing this. While we are upset about the whole situation; the fact that Ruby is posting with updates on the situation, quite frequently, lessens the frustration.

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
they should have just told us hey guys and gals see ya Friday 12-12-2008 after maintince.....lol

Spartan Law
Dec 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
yes please no rollback! just compensate those players, i was there and i know it was only 1 or 2 claims that i saw.... and they seemed kinda shady..... well im goin to bed, good night all

Just because only a few people realise what happened doesn't mean they were the only people effected. Many more probably were but didn't know it.

Also, if I am included in your "few shady claims" remark then I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I presented proof of sorts to Ruby.

I don't want there to be a rollback but if there is its not the fault of the players who fell prey to the glitch.