PDA

View Full Version : AotI Technic Visual Nerf

Talance
Dec 7, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hello, I'm new here and I had a question concerning the longterm schedule listed on psupedia

SEE (http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule)

Is sega really planning on changing the graphics on the techs 31+

Did they do it on the Jpn sever yet?

I didn't want to waste my time lvling up a mage if so...^^;

Anduril
Dec 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
You really should use the search function, and please don't use that racial slur, use JP or JPN instead.

Talance
Dec 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
You really should use the search function, and please don't use that racial slur, use JP or JPN instead.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to come across as racist, and I've tried using the search engine, but I am easily confused

Alecc
Dec 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
yes, they did. And that means that on jp srvers, if you have a tech 31+, only YOU can see it like it was supposed to be, other people in the party see it as lv 21 tech. we probably will only have that once we have masterclasses. probably.

Anduril
Dec 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
Ok, essentially this is the skinny: Yes, they will eventually make the modification and have done it on the JPN server, but you will still be able to see your own 31+ techs in all their glory. It was essentially done to reduce the lag that is caused by high level techs to the players who get caught it them (Ever been caught in a 31+ Ramegid? It is not pleasant when you start moving in really slow motion).
EDIT: Ninja'd...

Talance
Dec 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
Okay, thank you Allec&Anduril for answering my question^^

Exploited
Dec 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
I thought this thread was about screen resolution. This game needs to support 1900x1200 and greater

hunterseifer
Dec 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
Meh, the ps2 just doesnt have good enough specs for those techs not to lag -_-;

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm sorry, I did not mean to come across as racist, and I've tried using the search engine, but I am easily confused

you did not J P N is fine it is J A P is the racal slur...

Anduril did not know...he just saw 3 letters an recacted

Also all the listed on PSUPEDIA is stuff the JP servers have

Talance
Dec 7, 2008, 11:21 PM
No, he was right, I changed it, I didn't realize that what i put was offensive. I put what I put because I didn't feel like typing the full word Japanese.

buzyb77
Dec 7, 2008, 11:28 PM
ah ok Anduril never mind

Hpntiqlicious
Dec 8, 2008, 02:24 AM
It was essentially done to reduce the lag that is caused by high level techs to the players who get caught it them (Ever been caught in a 31+ Ramegid? It is not pleasant when you start moving in really slow motion).
EDIT: Ninja'd...

What? i thought it was part of the game,like a max payne slow down feature, ima fool to of thought i was actually in the matrix xD

ashley50
Dec 8, 2008, 02:26 AM
...here we go again ;l

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 8, 2008, 02:34 AM
lol... While we're on the whole racial slur thang, no more saying 'flip' kay? ;|

Kumlekar
Dec 8, 2008, 02:34 PM
the one that scare me is dambarta centered on my camera... can't see a thing.

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 8, 2008, 02:40 PM
Try getting stuck in the middle 5 Ramegids , lvl 31+, in White Beast at full Res on a laptop :(

Alnet
Dec 8, 2008, 03:49 PM
I still say all that should really be changed is transparency.

If you're not firing the tech, and you're in its AOE, you should be able to see its silhouette, and the damage. Not a point-blank atomic explosion.

Let's hope they get it right for AOI+.

unicorn
Dec 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
I still say all that should really be changed is transparency.

If you're not firing the tech, and you're in its AOE, you should be able to see its silhouette, and the damage. Not a point-blank atomic explosion.

Let's hope they get it right for AOI+.

That would actually be a smart idea! lol.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2008, 10:55 PM
Most techs at 21 cause more slowdown than they do at 31, so this isn't much of a fix. If you're going to go about it like this, just nerf them all the way down to level 1.

BFGfreak
Dec 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
That would actually be a smart idea! lol.
And that is why it will never happen.