PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 It's Now Past 2 Hours And We Still Have No Answer...

optimus17
Dec 8, 2008, 01:33 AM
Ruby can we get any info please.

darthplagis
Dec 8, 2008, 01:35 AM
c'mon its 6:34 am i need to know b4 i sleep

optimus17
Dec 8, 2008, 01:38 AM
his maintenance will last for approximately two hours, and I will let you all know if a rollback is needed as we get closer to bringing the servers back online. Thanks again for your patience and apologies on behalf of the team for this issue. I'll keep you all updated shortly!

optimus17
Dec 8, 2008, 01:40 AM
where is wild arms so he can tell us when they are going to come back up?

Lumirei
Dec 8, 2008, 01:46 AM
Probably just safe to say its not happening tonight and just go to sleep and hopefully it will be up and running well tomorrow D: *prays* Never thought id actually miss playing the damn game X3

N2TrAnC3
Dec 8, 2008, 02:06 AM
I just want to know rollback or not?

Lumirei
Dec 8, 2008, 02:06 AM
There is always offline mode :D

Arcturus_
Dec 8, 2008, 02:21 AM
Japanese site is reporting that emergency maintenance should end around 3am EST.

mothra
Dec 8, 2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the pro tip!

TheOneHero
Dec 8, 2008, 02:22 AM
Japanese site is reporting that emergency maintenance should end around 3am EST.

Thank goodness!

You get extra points for making one of the few decent posts in this thread.

N1NJASTEVE
Dec 8, 2008, 02:22 AM

Time to warm up the coffee!

mothra
Dec 8, 2008, 02:25 AM
Thank goodness!

You get extra points for making the only decent post in this thread.
fixed*

MasterG05
Dec 8, 2008, 02:25 AM
did it mention rollback?

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 8, 2008, 02:27 AM
Boo @ work and 6 hours of sleep. I'm glad the maintenance is taking longer. They're probably replacing data for everybody who had glitched inventories to halt any potential rollback.

ThaJesusLzrd
Dec 8, 2008, 02:32 AM
Time to warm up the coffee!

UNO until 12 I say!

N2TrAnC3
Dec 8, 2008, 02:32 AM
Hey all,

Sorry for not updating you guys sooner - the maintenance period was extended as the problem ended up being larger than predicted. This issue was going so far as deleting player's entire weapons, armor, and other items, and we want to make sure we do whatever it takes to fix it.

At this point I can confirm there will be a rollback taking place, though I can't verify yet whether it will be to Friday (just after maintenance) or Saturday. It's a tough trade-off either way, but we'll be going with whichever of the two fixes the problem completely and ensures we've restored any and all lost items back to their owners.

More info coming in the next hour or so - thanks again for your patience, I'll keep you all in the loop.

From PSU.com

Arcturus_
Dec 8, 2008, 02:33 AM
did it mention rollback?

Just in from Ruby: "At this point I can confirm there will be a rollback taking place, though I can't verify yet whether it will be to Friday (just after maintenance) or Saturday."

Full Text (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=93272&start=25)

Hpntiqlicious
Dec 8, 2008, 02:51 AM
ouch on the rollback idea,especially the Friday maintanance idea

WildArms2
Dec 8, 2008, 02:58 AM
I say there is no way they can roll back to friday what a way to piss of your fan base by DELETING all their GBR work from friday. I know a couple of 50% GBR already myself have 37% and this would be a huge slap in the face to the players.

not to mention all the pissed of people losing incredibal rare items like 50% armas lines LKK ect

Raveno
Dec 8, 2008, 04:03 AM
sega must be lying because they said servers will be open again at 8pm est....

you took us out of the game on time...and you had what 24 hours to do your job? (more now) how many people work at this place?

don't they test the servers before they send it back online?

now this is what I really want to know, what do they do? is it code they rewrite? is it a program they run to test for problems (time consumed by a progress bar)

why does a server(computer) somehow changes its functionality when turn off then turned back on? say I just restart mycomputer, now I gotta fix it (somehow) it just doesn't make sense

may somebody explain?

Majarra
Dec 8, 2008, 04:07 AM
Ouch met a kid on GoW2 horde today. Said he wanted to join SoA when hes older. Hope he likes being in the fail company.

nightlights
Dec 8, 2008, 05:15 AM
omg are you serious? it's like 4 in the morning here and still no stupid psu.

if they roll back to friday i'm going to slit my wrist. i have a 50% boost and have gained like 10 lvls. i'm so gonna stop playing this game if they do that. that is just completely freakin retarded. i got up friday and started playing at 5 in the morning, played all day and got very little sleep that night the next night i was playing electronic brain and got the boss boxes with more stuff then i'ver ever seen and before we could pick anything up. BOOM. gone. nothing. just a swift kick in the nuts from sega. no items. no boards. no weapons. no shields. just swift, severe testical pain. i love how much sega apprieciates it's players. what a load of crap.

Ryna
Dec 8, 2008, 05:27 AM
The servers are online again and the save data has been rolled back to Friday.