PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Possibly coming back, any tips?

Calsetes
Dec 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
Alright, so between my bad laggy connection which would deal damage 3 seconds (literally) after I hit a guy and my computer blowing up in January, I'm finally considering coming back to play. When I left, I had my main as an 80-something Fortefighter specializing in swords, sabers, and twin sabers. The weapons of note that I had were a Crimson, possibly a Two-Headed Ragnus (the twin saber version of Crimson), and a basic A-rank Tenora sword, with a Raikosobra on one of my other characters (whatever the S-rank Yohmei doublesaber is). I think I was still using an A-rank armor though, so that's something I'll need to upgrade big-time, though I only have maybe 2 million on my guy. Last time I played, it was shortly after the 1-up Cup event finished.

I know I'll need to get a new video card first, since playing some of the new AotI missions offline in single-player still causes lots of lag (even with Vista's features turned off, and that one program used to raise the priority of the PSU executable), so it might be a few weeks yet. Anyone have any tips for someone coming back after so long? Any idea on what I should try to pick up weapon and armor-wise? Any tips for speeding things up so that it's playable without everyone looking like they're running through invisible peanut butter? Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Also, if anyone's curious (maybe they've seen me play before....?) my 4 characters are Calsetes, Nuku Nuku, Eimi, and Narau.

Dhylec
Dec 9, 2008, 01:35 PM
Currently, Parum GBR is on. Join the mass & do the rounds for easiser drops & faster lv-up.

Calsetes
Dec 9, 2008, 01:48 PM
Alright, thanks for the tip. Hopefully I get into a few cool parties for it, and not like this one for the 1-up Cup where a guy kept asking the party leader (which was me) to boot me because "I didn't have the right equipment, I'll hold them back." Yet, he died 3 times before we were out of the first area and needed to be revived each time, and I had yet to go into the yellow. Go figure.

Anyway, this time around I'll have Cable, so no more lagging shots and casting heal after I've already died (to the amusement of others), but at the same time, no more getting 3 or 4 shots out of the PP needed for one.