PDA

View Full Version : Now that Armas Line is available...

Magician
Dec 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
....will the love of WB and the serafi-senba go the way of the dodo, as a majority of the game's populace migrates back to Parum (even after GBR) in search of the hotest line shield around?

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
Japan definitely switched. It'll be interesting to see if something similar happens on this coast. Not that it really affected me and my circle of friends. Often enough, we just go ahead and decide to run said mission because...um....we haven't run it in a while, and it could be fun. :) That and maybe certain mats and stuff.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hmmmm thats an interesting topic......I would say the % of those who go to WB would drop a lil bit mainly bcuz it has the highest EXP

also if i remember correctly...Armas can only be used Forte,Acro,and Master classes (when we get it)

So for those who like to use Fighgunner,Guntecher,Wartecher,or Protranser they would have to use something else.......

Neith
Dec 9, 2008, 02:42 PM
For Armas Line:

Only Fortefighter, Fortegunner, Fortetecher, Acrofighter, Acrotecher, Fighmaster, Gunmaster and Masterforce may equip this line shield.

That leaves the hybrid classes and PT out in the cold, so Serafi-senba will still be a very hot armour for them. (It still will be for any class, but there's no denying Armas Line is awesome).

The only other 'downside' I can see with Armas is the EVP. Some people hate EVP to the point of actively wanting to lower it. As a Yohmei, Serafi-senba's EVP is lower (I think).

Personally, I still consider both armours extremely good. The problem is that White Beast is mindless, but I honestly can't see EB/SEED Express being more popular than it because of that...

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
You got a good point. I didn't look at the armor to notice that hybrids get no use out of them. It's a good chance that the armor may not get special attention until the Master Classes come out, or that there may be an initial rush to grab said armor, only to be either sold right away or locked away until the master classes come out. In that case, the excitement over said armor might go away quickly.

Still, there might be other reasons for abandoning White Beast, but such a great armor for hybrids may still be why people would go there. (At least, for good reason) Hard choice. There are a lot of non-hybrid players out there, but it's easy to say that Japan's class availability may have a large influence on the Armas Line pursuit.

Alnet
Dec 9, 2008, 03:48 PM
....will the love of WB and the serafi-senba go the way of the dodo, as a majority of the game's populace migrates back to Parum (even after GBR) in search of the hotest line shield around?
I frigging hope so. Electronic Brain and SEED Express are both legions more interesting than White Beast.

However, Armas Line doesn't work on Hybrids, so you'll still see hardcore Protransers and such at White Beast.

But for those of us who are going Master Types and never looking back, it's definitely Armas Line or bust. The high stats, added STA and all 4 slots are just about perfect.

... well, except for Masterforce, since there's nothing for them to use in the Arms Slot unless you're a Beast or Cast Masterforce, and those are likely to be rarer than the Armas Lines themselves!

desturel
Dec 9, 2008, 03:48 PM
So for those who like to use Fighgunner,Guntecher,Wartecher,or Protranser they would have to use something else.......

Wartecher and Protranser are the only ones left out.

Fighgunner and Guntecher have had Storm Line since the expansion. Cheaper and easier to get than Serafi-senba or Armas Line.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 9, 2008, 04:36 PM
Wartecher and Protranser are the only ones left out.

Fighgunner and Guntecher have had Storm Line since the expansion. Cheaper and easier to get than Serafi-senba or Armas Line.

True or....another alternative if u was lucky enough to get a few Yiel line that could be an alternative armor to use

then again serafi does have all slots........

but i guess yiel lines would be if you just want the best armor that your able to get for that class idk.........

For me im trying to stick with Armas line.

The only character i use is my Fortegunner now and she will be a gunmaster when that comes out.....

Syl
Dec 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
Does this mean the expansion pack, White Beast Universe, is getting cancelled?! D:

Arika
Dec 9, 2008, 06:59 PM
Does this mean the expansion pack, White Beast Universe, is getting cancelled?! D:
that sound like a new title to me more than an expansion pack (different main title name)

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
I frigging hope so. Electronic Brain and SEED Express are both legions more interesting than White Beast.

However, Armas Line doesn't work on Hybrids, so you'll still see hardcore Protransers and such at White Beast.

But for those of us who are going Master Types and never looking back, it's definitely Armas Line or bust. The high stats, added STA and all 4 slots are just about perfect.

... well, except for Masterforce, since there's nothing for them to use in the Arms Slot unless you're a Beast or Cast Masterforce, and those are likely to be rarer than the Armas Lines themselves!

Feril Line is great for fortetecher and masterforce

MiaRitz
Dec 11, 2008, 06:02 AM
Actually, whichever line shield you yourself prefer and use, just running Seed Express for a chance of Armas Line is far more lucrative than spamming WB for Serafi.
I hope a lot ppl will understand this and swich there after GBR, I know I will.