PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh: booted for rares

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:01 PM
(I honestly, have no clue where to post some things, so if this is the wrong section, my apologies.)

I find it funny when people boot you for getting all the rares in the mission.
However, I find it absolutely hilarious when people boot you for getting all the rares on RANDOM.

I was just in a party with a 70% drop rate, and it was funny how the leader booted me because I got all the rares, even though he put it on random. xD

I've been lucky ever since in this game, ever since day one (where I got a relic edge).

Has anyone had a moment where you got booted for getting the rares?
(Seriously though, don't set it on random if you want the rares, because booting a person after they've gotten all the rares because YOU put it on random sort of makes you look stupid.) >.>;

I don't really consider this a rant since I had no problem with their decision, because seriously, I was hogging the rares. .-.

Dhylec
Dec 9, 2008, 04:06 PM
It's odd that the chance rares going to you was so high. But, booting ya made them feel better - that's all.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:13 PM
It's odd that the chance rares going to you was so high. But, booting ya made them feel better - that's all.

I know. x3
I honestly have no problem, It was only lightning beast A, which I can do myself.
I really don't care for the boost road as long as the economy skyrockets and I get stuff cheap. (20% lightning blackheart for 700k, Lightning Apocalypse for 400k)

Besides, it's just a game.
I just have an unnatural streak of luck on this game, because I always end up getting stuff for ridiculous deals, and I ended up getting Illusionary shaft twice in a row.

I think I'm not limited to photon fortune, like humans! I'm kidding. (My PF is 2 stars today, though)
He(party leader) approached me with a Lumirus / Kaos Knight or something, and just said, "Owned." Because he must've looked over my palette, and my Rabol Lumirus.

I've always had incredibly good luck on this game. ._.;

Omega_Weltall
Dec 9, 2008, 04:15 PM
what makes me laugh (read: die inside) is when everyone else gets 11* and up weapons and armor, but I get all the crappy mats like Kerseline and the like... happens every time :(

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
What was funny, was that he booted me for getting all three rappy feathers from the three rappies that spawned. xD
And he's like level 124, he could've just let it go.
He didn't want me get the rares in the boss boxes, lol.
I'm only level 52, so yeah.

Quick edit: Also, as soon as I joined their Scarred Planet A game, they had just killed the Grass Assassins. I got all the rares in the boss boxes when I joined. xD Some kid said to boot me because they lost all their rares.

Cracka_J
Dec 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
We had the opposite the other day, a team member left because they were getting ebons on random. Who cares, you can drop them or sell them...and it's not like your turn is getting skipped if you get crap on random, you have just as equal of a shot when a good item drops.

I don't get it either way. I think the bottom line is there's still some very anal people playing the game -_-

Rust
Dec 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
I've been invited in an Illusionary Shaft yesterday, and I literally stole all their rarez (set on Random). Well not all, out of like 18, I got about 15 of them.

They didn't believe me when I swore I didn't sexxx the server, but leader didn't boot me anyways.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
I've been invited in an Illusionary Shaft yesterday, and I literally stole all their rarez (set on Random). Well not all, out of like 18, I got about 15 of them.

They didn't believe me when I swore I didn't sexxx the server, but leader didn't boot me anyways.

I always do rare missions alone. x3
No matter who it is, I'll boot you if I see a rare mission. xD
I'm a bit greedy when it comes to rare items.

And, why leave if you keep getting ebons?
Ebons are actually pretty useful.

Yunfa
Dec 9, 2008, 04:27 PM
The anal people should just get used to it since later on they "cant" boot even if they want to, owned.

Para
Dec 9, 2008, 04:27 PM
We had the opposite the other day, a team member left because they were getting ebons on random. Who cares, you can drop them or sell them...and it's not like your turn is getting skipped if you get crap on random, you have just as equal of a shot when a good item drops.

I don't get it either way. I think the bottom line is there's still some very anal people playing the game -_-

We demand additional lumber!

I would've gladly taken all those ebons :wacko:

Rust
Dec 9, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm a bit greedy when it comes to rare items.

Though, the only valuable rares are from boxes sitting behind doors which can only be opened by parties of four people (or more) ; and from end boxes.
Those which are dropping from regular mobs are complete crap for the most part.
So I'd say you're missing on rares way more by booting everyone than by having three teammates.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 9, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yesterday i got booted out of Electronic brain right when we killed the boss on the ironic side i picked up the armas line b4 it happened :P

Cracka_J
Dec 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
Come to think of it, I've been booted for calling people anal as well. Go figure :P

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:35 PM
Though, the only valuable rares are from boxes sitting behind doors which can only be opened by parties of four people (or more) ; and from end boxes.
Those which are dropping from regular mobs are complete crap for the most part.
So I'd say you're missing on rares way more by booting everyone than by having three teammates.

Well, I don't boot my bro's. >.>; (My REAL friends on this game xD)
Boss boxes at the end, give you some good stuff, too. x3

unicorn
Dec 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
Why cant you guys not be so greedy?

Greed has really gotten in the way of some of my in-game friendships, and its a shame really how immature some people act.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
Why cant you guys not be so greedy?

Greed has really gotten in the way of some of my in-game friendships, and its a shame really how immature some people act.

Considering how I play this game most of the time alone, and I know nothing about the person across the xbox, and is in my party, I can boot them for my greed because they're not my friend, just someone else.

I only have, four or five people who really are my friends, TRULY.
It's not immature, just a game.
Relationships online are completely different from real life.

Besides, I'll do what I want while I have the free will to do it.
I don't really care what anyone thinks on this game, besides people that are my friends, or people I respect.
I'm not saying I don't respect the lot of you, I just mean, if you hate me, I don't care.
Pretty much. x3

Cathbar
Dec 9, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, Lind, it looks like you are my opposite in this game. I have the worst luck and you have it all XD

Awesome ~_^ Keep it up.

On topic, I honestly can't understand why people do that. I mean, yes, there's greed, but I just can't wrap my head around it. Call me dumb for not being able to, but when the leader and his/her groupies get mad because they were "cheated out of their rightful reward", it really rubs me the wrong way. It's not like it's the person's fault for getting the rares. And it's not like they picked up the only 1 of that item in the game :/

unicorn
Dec 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
Considering how I play this game most of the time alone, and I know nothing about the person across the xbox, and is in my party, I can boot them for my greed because they're not my friend, just someone else.

I don't really care what anyone thinks on this game, besides people that are my friends, or people I respect.
I'm not saying I don't respect the lot of you, I just mean, if you hate me, I don't care.
Pretty much. x3

I dont care, I'm just saying greed is a really unattractive characteristic, in game and out.

Enjoy your game.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
I dont care, I'm just saying greed is a really unattractive characteristic, in game and out.

Enjoy your game.

OH, that I agree with. x3
I'm only greedy when it comes to video games, since it really shouldn't matter in the end. >.>;

And Cathbar, if their group gets mad at me, I usually really don't care.
There's more important stuff besides a Lumirus / Hit Charge, like homework. xD
And I'll make sure to keep it up. ^^

OldCoot
Dec 9, 2008, 05:32 PM

Pretty much. x3

First of all, I noticed that random is basically a stealth version of give finder, except you don't have to pick it up yourself. Been in too many parties and seen maybe 75% of the items go to the same person. Since they wanted the run to be on random, this can happen.

My friends on live are because I made the decision a long time ago that this is only a game, and so what if some random person get the uber drop. Everyone one is a random at first. The rares will be outdated in a few months anyway.

How did you meet or make those few trusted friends then? Lets say they all at your first meeting booted you for the rares or you had booted them? Wouldn't be friends right now I think.

For your statements about a seperation between game and real life, I think that the actions of a person in a game is a reflection (not always a match) of how they are in real life. If they are greedy in game and have to have it all to themselves, that will be apparent in real life except they will have masked some so that others will not see it. The only difference is if there is any accountability or not.

You say you laughed and maybe you are used to being booted. But I think by posting here, it bothered you. You liked to be in control and did not like the other person showing you to the lobby at the click of a button? I image that is exactly how others feel who are booted by you.

What goes around comes around.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
First of all, I noticed that random is basically a stealth version of give finder, except you don't have to pick it up yourself. Been in too many parties and seen maybe 75% of the items go to the same person. Since they wanted the run to be on random, this can happen.

My friends on live are because I made the decision a long time ago that this is only a game, and so what if some random person get the uber drop. Everyone one is a random at first. The rares will be outdated in a few months anyway.

How did you meet or make those few trusted friends then? Lets say they all at your first meeting booted you for the rares or you had booted them? Wouldn't be friends right now I think.

For your statements about a seperation between game and real life, I think that the actions of a person in a game is a reflection (not always a match) of how they are in real life. If they are greedy in game and have to have it all to themselves, that will be apparent in real life except they will have masked some so that others will not see it. The only difference is if there is any accountability or not.

You say you laughed and maybe you are used to being booted. But I think by posting here, it bothered you. You liked to be in control and did not like the other person showing you to the lobby at the click of a button? I image that is exactly how others feel who are booted by you.

What goes around comes around.

Only thing I really read in this post.
It didn't bother me, I just felt like knowing if this has happened to anyone else.
I'm not a control freak, and I didn't care if I got booted. There's more things than just PSU and stuff, besides, I know what goes around comes around, but my luck is incredibly good for it to really make me care.

I'm an apathetic person.
What you people "assume" will generally be wrong toward me.
Only those who "know" will get anything right.

Oh yeah, these friends I have, are usually ones from real life or I have known for a long period of time.
I wouldn't boot them.
Only people I boot are people I don't know.
Oh yes, how did I make those trusted friends?
Simple, there's other games besides this one, and school.

Zeek123
Dec 9, 2008, 05:48 PM
I can't really figure out if getting booted was something that bothered you or what XD
But anyway, I agree with the points against greediness in this game. Earlier I just happened to get 2 Blackbull boards in a row, and happily gave one away to the person that asked. It's just a game and people need to learn that.

Not too long after that, someone ran to their room and made sure to get me a Battlestopper board, just because I mentioned I'd like to get a hold of at least one before GBR was over. This was the first time I've ever played with this person, and we didn't exchange partner cards or anything.

I realize it is an online game, and skepticism of others should be commonplace, but Phantasy Star has always had an excellent community, ever since PSO ver. 1

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 05:54 PM
I can't really figure out if getting booted was something that bothered you or what XD
But anyway, I agree with the points against greediness in this game. Earlier I just happened to get 2 Blackbull boards in a row, and happily gave one away to the person that asked. It's just a game and people need to learn that.

Not too long after that, someone ran to their room and made sure to get me a Battlestopper board, just because I mentioned I'd like to get a hold of at least one before GBR was over. This was the first time I've ever played with this person, and we didn't exchange partner cards or anything.

I realize it is an online game, and skepticism of others should be commonplace, but Phantasy Star has always had an excellent community, ever since PSO ver. 1

I can be greedy depending on what it is, however, depending on the person, I can easily share it.
If I don't know someone, I tend not to care what they want.
If I know them, I'll care.
Let's say you approach me asking for the apocalypse you've always wanted.
My friend does the same.
I'm going to give it to him instead.

Like I said, it didn't bother me, I was just wondering if this happens often, since I usually play solo.

Before anyone misunderstands...
It depends on what kind of person you are that I'll boot you, for whatever reason.
If you're the guy with keyboard who most of the time shows no emotion, and there's another guy with a microphone that is pretty cool, I'd let him stay, and let you go.
Basically, if you're friendly, I have no problem leaving you in my party, I dislike mutes sometimes, though.
So, if you join, and I get a rare mission, and you're rambling and talking to me in a friendly manner, I won't go "Booted" or something. I've only had one case where I booted an entire party for a rare mission, and that was on Moatoob. Besides that, Parum and Neudaiz I did with a full party.
I'm not saying if you join or something it's like an instant boot, but it depends on what level you are, and if you're a mute or not. I love conversation, so yeah. But there's only really five people I've run into on this game (not people I met outside of the game) that ever speak. =/
My only real goal in this game is...
A.) Level up
B.)Get some Rares
C.) Get bored of it and move on.

Aisha379
Dec 9, 2008, 05:57 PM
I think the lesson of this thread is everyone stay away from the OP because hes a greedy booting asshole D=

That aside, I've never been booted nor seen anyone booted for alleged "rare hogging", people are way too greedy in this game though. In all honesty, few items are worth that much, so if I get something I already have and someone asks for it, I'll usually let them have it (though people rarely ask).

But no, everyone wants to store up on crappy items to sell them for extremely measly amounts of money.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 06:00 PM
I think the lesson of this thread is everyone stay away from the OP because hes a greedy booting asshole D=

That aside, I've never been booted nor seen anyone booted for alleged "rare hogging", people are way too greedy in this game though. In all honesty, few items are worth that much, so if I get something I already have and someone asks for it, I'll usually let them have it (though people rarely ask).

But no, everyone wants to store up on crappy items to sell them for extremely measly amounts of money.

That word hurts people you know...(No, that was not just a pun from the Hancock movie, but maybe I labeled myself as so. This forum judges people too quickly.)

Edit: I will admit this, the only thing that is starting to get to me is the fact you're insulting me.
However, if you're going to get riled up and mad over a game, that's your decision.
Also, please, stop trying to say me being booted bothered me, because it didn't, I honestly just wanted to know if it's happened to anyone else and their thoughts on it.
It's not my fault I got all the rares. (Considering how I only picked ONE of them up.)

Aisha379
Dec 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
That word hurts people you know...(No, that was not just a pun from the Hancock movie, but maybe I labeled myself as so. This forum judges people too quickly.)

You said you were greedy a few times, and that :

And that you are apathetic and don't care about the wants of people you don't know.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but by most peoples definitions, this does indeed make you a greedy booting asshole.

Not that I expect you to care or change or anything, but your feelings on it do not make it any less true by most accounts, and a lot of people expect a certain amount of respect when they play with people, so yeah, I'd boot you if you ever joined my party just because of that.

EDIT:

However, if you're going to get riled up and mad over a game, that's your decision.

I'm not mad at all, just being honest. I hardly play PSU anymore and have quite a bit of luck myself at finding things, you assume too much.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 9, 2008, 06:05 PM

Edit: I will admit this, the only thing that is starting to get to me is the fact you're insulting me.

Most people don't like getting booted for anything short of bad behavior on their part, so it's only natural that they not react well when you say that you boot when you get a rare mission. Look at it from their angle before you judge their perspective.

The way I see it, everyone contributed to the "roll" the server does for the rare mission. So I don't gel with that practice, personally.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 06:10 PM
Most people don't like getting booted for anything short of bad behavior on their part, so it's only natural that they not react well when you say what you have. Look at it from their angle before you judge their perspective.

Meh, people have different decisions and views.

Also...
Aisha, I tend to exaggerate things when I say them about myself, I tend to have a big ego. =/
Like I said, there's only been one case where I've booted an entire party, even though I usually feel apathy, I'm still human. -.-

I apologize to anyone I insulted or however you were taking those statements, like I said, my ego tends to make me seem like an ass.

Anyway, this is getting WAY off topic, so yeah.

Aisha379
Dec 9, 2008, 06:12 PM
Meh, people have different decisions and views.

Also...
Aisha, I tend to exaggerate things when I say them about myself, I tend to have a big ego. =/
Like I said, there's only been one case where I've booted an entire party, even though I usually feel apathy, I'm still human. -.-

I apologize to anyone I insulted or however you were taking those statements, like I said, my ego tends to make me seem like an ass.

Anyway, this is getting WAY off topic, so yeah.

Very well then, apology accepted and I'm sorry too if I insulted you (I flat out admit I'm an asshole >_>)

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 06:14 PM
Very well then, apology accepted and I'm sorry too if I insulted you (I flat out admit I'm an asshole >_>)

It's okay, I basically labeled myself as an asshole anyway, which wasn't my intention.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 9, 2008, 06:15 PM
I remember being in a 3-man party with the rares set to drop finder back about 3 weeks before the 1Up Cup. It was the fight for food mission, and we got a Rappy spawn. I freaked out, because I'd never seen a red box before, and snatched up the feathers. The leader said something worthy of the filter's censorship, and I realized what I'd done wasn't in good taste, because Rappy feathers were a big deal back then. I tried typing an apology, and an offer to share the feathers, but got booted before I could hit enter.

Oh, the days when Rappy feathers were truly worth booting over!

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
I remember being in a 3-man party with the rares set to drop finder back about 3 weeks before the 1Up Cup. It was the fight for food mission, and we got a Rappy spawn. I freaked out, because I'd never seen a red box before, and snatched up the feathers. The leader said something worthy of the filter's censorship, and I realized what I'd done wasn't in good taste, because Rappy feathers were a big deal back then. I tried typing an apology, and an offer to share the feathers, but got booted before I could hit enter.

Oh, the days when Rappy feathers were truly worth booting over!

Funny, since I got booted for Rappy feathers as well.

Tyreek
Dec 9, 2008, 06:24 PM
In cases like these, I can admit I too can be a bit greedy. But it never hurts to show a little restraint sometimes. All I can say is, it's fine if you get a rare, but in my party, when I'm looking for something in particular, I ask that you not take it. But it is that reason alone in which I play with my friends only. Because no one is obligated to follow your views just because you "called" something.

Edit: LOL on random huh? Well, you got it fair and square. If they didn't bother to pick that item up, that's their fault.

Syl
Dec 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
It's funny that people still get booted for this. Most of the time it's junk rares or stuff no one really cares about but just somehow they mattered then? >.>

I think the only real thing that you gain from it is you now know who to stay away from lol

Ryno
Dec 9, 2008, 06:50 PM
i was booted for being a low level even though i was a higher GBR than all of teamates. i was level 109 with High % GBR while they were level 140 + with low % GBR lol

Calsetes
Dec 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
I usually try to put it on random, and don't complain if someone gets something I want. I've been out of the game for so long, when I start playing again here someone can get a crap rare that I want and (hopefully) they'll just take pity on me and give it to me (or at least sell at a discount). I don't mind giving up rares if it's something that the person can and will actually use, especially if they've helped me before.

Then again, a nice guy like me usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to stuff like that, but oh well. If someone gets "all" the rares, I don't mind. If someone gets LITERALLY all the rares, it makes me a bit suspicious, and I put it to a vote. Dunno if they have hacks or mods or whatever that can do that, but better safe than sorry.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 07:00 PM
In cases like these, I can admit I too can be a bit greedy. But it never hurts to show a little restraint sometimes. All I can say is, it's fine if you get a rare, but in my party, when I'm looking for something in particular, I ask that you not take it. But it is that reason alone in which I play with my friends only. Because no one is obligated to follow your views just because you "called" something.

Edit: LOL on random huh? Well, you got it fair and square. If they didn't bother to pick that item up, that's their fault.

That's why it made me laugh.
It isn't my fault I got all the rares because he decided to put it on random. >.>;

Sanjo
Dec 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
This is the reason I don't want to join parties right now. ._.
It's a shame leveling is much slower alone/in a tiny party.

Noblewine
Dec 9, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think its unecessary unless there is a rational reason to remove someone from your party. Their nothing funny about it. Ironic if this is still happening on th Xbox 360 hub. If it happened on the PS2/PC hub news would get around quickly and the person reasponsible would be BL'ed quickly.

pikachief
Dec 9, 2008, 08:53 PM
you got booted for what me and my friends call

Rockin' the Random 8)

Lind Lawliet
Dec 9, 2008, 08:55 PM
you got booted for what me and my friends call

Rockin' the Random 8)

I love that saying.
I'm going to use it, if that's okay. xD

DEM_CIG
Dec 10, 2008, 08:01 AM
lol thats why I usually run with my friends or start my own mission and run that for alittle bit. speople who boot people from parties are so pathetic, it makes me laugh.

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
lol thats why I usually run with my friends or start my own mission and run that for alittle bit. speople who boot people from parties are so pathetic, it makes me laugh.

Amen to that

Mantuk
Dec 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
Meh, just got booted because we got Rappys.

Not only that, but they were all barely lvl 100s running S2 - and I was the only techer who could even heal/buff.:wacko:

AlphaDragoon
Dec 14, 2008, 09:17 PM
People who boot others for a rare mission unless they pass into their circle of friends = lame.

Go play ad-hoc games like PS Portable, kthx.

Genoa
Dec 14, 2008, 09:34 PM
I have been booted simply because I was getting an abundance of rares on random, and they claimed I was hacking. I laughed hard :P

Broodstar1337
Dec 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
Luckily I've never been booted for getting rares.

I have to get rares first

AuroraBlaze
Dec 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
I totally know what youre talking about and it sux! About a year ago, a player that will remain nameless, (but who's still on my blacklist), booted me from a group right at the boss boxes because my stuff was "too nice" for my players level. When I tryed to explain that I had simply transferred some stuff from my main character to this alternate one, I was then called a hacker and was yelled at and booted. I still to this day see that person wandering around and I wish I could just smack them or something. I know hes a guy and could probably hurt me, but I'd still like the chance! Im not usually like that, but he REALLY made me mad! I hate being accused of things I didnt do. Makes me sick to see other people actually playing with him too but alas, everyone has to make their own descisions. This is why I decided to spend more time soloing.

CromartieDude
Dec 14, 2008, 11:15 PM
That's me to a T, i don't care if i have a full party, when i get illusionary shaft i just switch leader leave party then run it myself.

Genoa
Dec 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
That's me to a T, i don't care if i have a full party, when i get illusionary shaft i just switch leader leave party then run it myself.

You realize that getting a rare mission is based on the chance that a party member in the party has it. The more players simply means each individual chance viewable by one person, the leader. For example, Let's say Charles has the rare mission, you, Wayne, check for IS and see that you have it! Sue and Pam are also members in the party but didn't get the rare mission.
Wayne wants IS all to himself so he leaves the party and goes to the counter by himself. To his surprise, the mission isn't there because Wayne had it :O

Back during Moatoob's GBR (the first GBR there was) after each run, the party would disband and individually check for Forest of Illusion. If someone had it, they would become the party leader and invite everyone else back for the rare mission.
But some people, like Wayne <_< would see they have the rare mission and ditch the party (or go invite personal friends to run it themselves)
To fix this, they made it so the leader of the group can see each individual chance at one given time. Thus, you DON'T know who actually got the rare mission. It COULD be you... but it could be little Pam or Sue or Charles :o

Voison
Dec 15, 2008, 03:09 AM
Luckily I've never been booted for getting rares.

I have to get rares first

I Feel you're pain. :(

Anduril
Dec 15, 2008, 03:20 AM
Today I got all the good rares on Set in Order, but I felt bad so I gave one of my Blackheart boards to one of the guys who got the least (he happened to be party leader). It is this kind of weasly behavior that keeps me from being booted. >.>

NOC G4ME v2
Dec 15, 2008, 03:47 AM
lmao ohh boyyy...
i got boot cause i got a lumuris / hit charge and i wouldnt give it to him..cus i play by if i get it im not giving it to a random person i better save to give it to a clan memeber that is looking/wanting it.
so "andy v2" boots be right after saying hes booting me cuase this is what he does when he gets IS to ppl that wont give him stuff he asks for.
so he gets the blacklist ^^

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 15, 2008, 05:49 AM

Nothing wrong with booting someone who's rude.

Seority
Dec 15, 2008, 09:40 AM
"Set in Order"

;)

DarkEliteRico
Dec 15, 2008, 10:56 AM
I personally don't care what it's set to now days, I've been blessed and cured with both methods of order/random...only one I refuse to play on is give finder. If I get something I don't want I'll usually offer it up to the party first off and if nobody wants it I'll sell it to NPC or in my shop.
I've been given some things I've wanted from other random people I've played with, got my first [B] Battlestopper from someone I did two runs with, a Love Infernoc because the guy got 3 earlier in the day and didn't want it...and I've passed on another Tiga Ragan and a few other things.

NexGen
Dec 16, 2008, 02:33 PM
I don't even worry about the rares...its random, so whatever.

What gets me going is when I see my inventory full of I'm photons, koltova gras, el photons, truffles, etc.

We asked the guy to stop, our inventories are full enough, but they kept coming. He started getting rude, demanding to know why a non elemental photon was any different than a par walna (we're ok with these). Group leader booted him finally, and we were shown lovely pics over xbox live of teenage genitalia and exciting voice messages about their rich grandfather who owns microsoft and sega, and will get us banned.

All this over a photon lol.

animeoutlaw
Dec 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
Lol, it's classic when people pull the "My so-and-so owns/works for the company" card. I have guests at work that have tried pulling that on me before xD.

Calsetes
Dec 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
I usually only grab low-level stuff that might be useful to me, unless I'm asked to stop. Then again, I'm a nice guy.

For instance, right now, I pretty much grab Zon-photons for the lightning carnival event coming up, and some Di-Photons since I'm rather low on them anyway. But like I said, if people get annoyed, then I stop.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as for booting people, the only recent boot I've done was because a level 40 (me) and a level 5 guy in a mission, the comment says something along the lines of "help me get my friend leveled" and a 141 comes in and starts killing without giving either of us a chance to tag. He got booted after a block or two of that. I felt somewhat bad, but it does take a small amount of common sense to see what was going on, especially when I did nothing until my buddy debuffed them.