PDA

View Full Version : Ban from the forums = ban on the game?

the sega shop
Dec 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
I got myself banned from the official forums for making it known that i didn`t believe that the servers became corrupted by simply switching them off & reacting badly to my posts being deleted 1 after another. Will i now be banned from the game too? I don`t want to sit & waste more time playing to then become removed, Anyone shed any light on this please?

Ryna
Dec 9, 2008, 06:26 PM
Generally, the two accounts are separate. However, you can always get an in-game ban depending on what you posted in the forums (exploits, conducting RMTs, etc...).

ChronoTrigga
Dec 9, 2008, 06:31 PM
Regardless, bawing gets you no where on the official forums.

ThaJesusLzrd
Dec 9, 2008, 06:34 PM
Got banned from the officials myself and I'm still online

Syl
Dec 9, 2008, 06:45 PM
As long as you didn't violate the game's ToS you'll be fine. Just don't bother the GMs in game or you'll probably get a suspension lol

ChronoTrigga
Dec 10, 2008, 05:46 PM
I got banned from the official forums because I post the truth. :)

Turb0
Dec 10, 2008, 06:01 PM
As a general rule, if your posts keep getting deleted don't keep making the same kind of posts or complain about it. If you don't think they should be deleted you can problem PM the mod about it but if they think it should be deleted once, they'll keep doing it and annoying mods is never good.

Hrith
Dec 11, 2008, 01:30 AM
I got myself banned from the official forums for making it known that i didn`t believe that the servers became corrupted by simply switching them off & reacting badly to my posts being deleted 1 after another. Will i now be banned from the game too? I don`t want to sit & waste more time playing to then become removed, Anyone shed any light on this please?That's not why you got banned, quit pretending >_>

To answer your question simply, no. But in some cases (such as the ones Ryna mentioned and a few others), it is possible.

The other way around is true, though.

the sega shop
Dec 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
That's not why you got banned, quit pretending >_>

& Your gonna tell me why I got banned then or was that an attempt
at being funny? Idiot!

Hakuga
Dec 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
why are you calling him an idiot, considering your situation?...

the sega shop
Dec 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
why are you calling him an idiot, considering your situation?...

why not? he says i`m lying about why i got banned, when he knows nothing about it.

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 01:14 PM
well tbh it doesnt matter the thing is there must be a pretty good reason why u banned in the first place! so dont be so ungrateful when ppl are giving u advice!

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 12, 2008, 01:50 PM
On Topic: No unless you did something breaking the game's TOS you'll be fine to keep playing

why not? he says i`m lying about why i got banned, when he knows nothing about it.
You don't get banned for for disagreeing with what the GMs say. You get banned for constantly bringing back topics that have been deleted repeatedly for good reasons and constantly flame, troll, or otherwise BAWW about how everything done is incredibly unjust to you as a person.

I believe that's what Hrith meant. And I find it hard to believe the reason you got banned was as simple as you put it. I've got friends who troll on those forums 24 hours a day and they haven't been banned yet.

Cracka_J
Dec 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
You don't get banned for for disagreeing with what the GMs say.

I can vouch for that :)

I don't even want to think of how many times over I'd be banned if they could ban for disagreement lol.

SJW89
Dec 12, 2008, 02:20 PM
I got myself banned from the official forums for making it known that i didn`t believe that the servers became corrupted by simply switching them off & reacting badly to my posts being deleted 1 after another. Will i now be banned from the game too? I don`t want to sit & waste more time playing to then become removed, Anyone shed any light on this please?

No, you won't get banned from the game for that.

Also, unless you were given warnings by the moderators, you probably shouldn't have been banned from the site either.

BUT, keep in mind, I'd consider your posts being deleted as a warning.

Zael
Dec 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
op fails it.

Hrith
Dec 12, 2008, 02:34 PM
why not? he says i`m lying about why i got banned, when he knows nothing about it.haha, you're too funny.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
well tbh it doesnt matter the thing is there must be a pretty good reason why u banned in the first place! so dont be so ungrateful when ppl are giving u advice!

This is off topic but is that an anime version of the powerpuff girls???

SJW89
Dec 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hate to bust out with the truth, but EVERYONE sugar-coats the story behind their ban.

For all we know, he could have been spamming, whining about losing things to the rollback.

*making it known* on the internet is hard when attention only awards itself to angry players, arguments, free rares, or updates.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
I was banned for mentioning the private serv. Just mentioning it, not directly linking to it or anything. How's that for sugarcoating.

Ecchi
Dec 12, 2008, 04:37 PM
I mentioned that server also they didnt ban me >.>

Ryna
Dec 12, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm locking this thread since it is going nowhere.