PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU AOTI PC client for download, new JP site front page

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2008, 07:36 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/

First of all, just a quick note of the redesign done on the front page of the official JP site. Unfortunately, they got rid of that news feed that showed when one of the individual sites had received an update. Not too big of a deal, though.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/

Second, the JP PC client for AOTI is available for download (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/). You can get it either by using Skeed Receiver (a download client) or just by downloading the files directly (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/). (That's what I'm doing. I'll just let it run while I'm at work so it'll be done by the time I get home.)

After downloading and installing the game, players who register their game key for AOTI will receive a Sonic statue in their common box (to go along with the Amy statue that new ver.1 players received).

burninglink5
Dec 10, 2008, 07:51 AM
Where can you purchase an AotI game key?
Also, do you need to download all four of the setup files?

Arika
Dec 10, 2008, 07:51 AM
Dont tempt some guys around here <,<;

Lyrise
Dec 10, 2008, 08:57 AM
1. Start here: https://ipas.isao.net/signup_psu/psu/

2. Create a PSU ID account.

3. Log into PSU account, and you'll have the option to purchase game keys for either version of the game, assuming that the account in question does not have a game key linked to it.

4. All new accounts created this way get 10 free days, if you do it before tomorrow, you can access the Thank you campaign, good for a free timecode for 48 hours to your account, effectively giving you a 12 day trial period, a game key and offline access for 1000 yen.

pizzagirl
Dec 10, 2008, 09:03 AM
Dont tempt some guys around here <,<;
Too late. >_>

Reginaldo
Dec 10, 2008, 09:18 AM
Hm and you can purchase a subscription from anywhere in the world?

ashley50
Dec 10, 2008, 09:23 AM
lol...oh well. Good Luck to those who will be joining lol

also this is nice for me since my CD drive stopped working :l

Aumi
Dec 10, 2008, 09:29 AM
I think I'll try the JP servers out while preserving my EU account. I'll download the client over night then.

EDIT: MAG+ ends the 18th, right? And what was that with the Thank You Campaign?

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2008, 09:38 AM
EDIT: MAG+ ends the 18th, right? And what was that with the Thank You Campaign?

Correct on the end of MAG+.

The thank you campaign is another one of those short free play sessions where they allow previous subscribers who no longer play to come back for a period of time for free (in this case, 48 hours). Basically, log in to your billing account at any point between Thursday and the end of Sunday (JST), claim the time code and there you go.

Arika
Dec 10, 2008, 09:41 AM
Too late. >_>

a sneaky invite from devil always work well ^^; (dunno I should be happy or sad lol, get more friends in 1 side, but lose another side)

Sasamichan
Dec 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
Sounds interesting, but unfortunately, they don't have an English option and I'm completely broke to go past the free trial.

Aumi
Dec 10, 2008, 10:25 AM
Correct on the end of MAG+.

The thank you campaign is another one of those short free play sessions where they allow previous subscribers who no longer play to come back for a period of time for free (in this case, 48 hours). Basically, log in to your billing account at any point between Thursday and the end of Sunday (JST), claim the time code and there you go.

Ah, I see, thanks for the info!

Cracka_J
Dec 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
SOA should just do this as well for NA/EU PSU. It's not like pc/ps2 players have an easy task of finding a hard copy of AOI at your local retailers. Most have to order online for it. Same for 360 side...just put vanilla PSU on the marketplace so people don't have to own a hard copy to get AOI to run.

I would think that would be common sense at this point...just make money off of the subs, and ditch the hard copy sales. It's not like major video game retailers even carry the game anymore...

Kylie
Dec 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
SOA should just do this as well for NA/EU PSU. It's not like pc/ps2 players have an easy task of finding a hard copy of AOI at your local retailers. Most have to order online for it. Same for 360 side...just put vanilla PSU on the marketplace so people don't have to own a hard copy to get AOI to run.Agreed. I could probably get a few people to join if it was easier to get the game.

Itachi1990
Dec 10, 2008, 03:42 PM
How much is the game key?And can I use a US CC?

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2008, 03:51 PM
How much is the game key?And can I use a US CC?

The key is 1,000 yen which comes out to just under US$11. Yes to a US credit card.

hewitt
Dec 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
Does the download include offline mode? I'd like to see if my computer can even run
PSU before going online on JP servers..

Lance813
Dec 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
They need to do an English version and i'll play.

Itachi1990
Dec 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
Does the download include offline mode? I'd like to see if my computer can even run

What are your PC specs?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 10, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm fairly certain it does, but I'm also fairly certain you need to purchase a CD key to even play offline.

hewitt
Dec 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
What are your PC specs?

I'm pretty sure that they are below the site-listed requirements, but I've heard a lot of
people who can play on a low grade computer. So I wanna give it a try. D:

pikachief
Dec 10, 2008, 04:45 PM
cool, this will make my purchase to JP servers much easier :)

Rambo!
Dec 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
SOA should just do this as well for NA/EU PSU. It's not like pc/ps2 players have an easy task of finding a hard copy of AOI at your local retailers. Most have to order online for it. Same for 360 side...just put vanilla PSU on the marketplace so people don't have to own a hard copy to get AOI to run.

I would think that would be common sense at this point...just make money off of the subs, and ditch the hard copy sales. It's not like major video game retailers even carry the game anymore...

its not like this game is hard to pirate either it has no copy protection on it and I can borrow and friends game and make a million copies if I wanted to. Just saying why isn't the game free to download already if anything it would increase there subs if people didn't have to pay for a game.

Alecc
Dec 10, 2008, 06:17 PM
i haaaaaaaaaate that here isnīt an english option. i get so lost trying to figure out that freaking hard language :(

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2008, 06:25 PM
its not like this game is hard to pirate either it has no copy protection on it and I can borrow and friends game and make a million copies if I wanted to. Just saying why isn't the game free to download already if anything it would increase there subs if people didn't have to pay for a game.

It's nothing more than a security measure. They're trying to stop pirating from their games.

Illuminate
Dec 10, 2008, 09:35 PM
Dangit x.x So you have to purchase a game key to play the trial?

Why call it a trial. O.o;

Sasamichan
Dec 11, 2008, 09:42 AM
Dangit x.x So you have to purchase a game key to play the trial?

Why call it a trial. O.o;

Well, think of buying a game key is like buying the game itself.

Illuminate
Dec 11, 2008, 10:19 AM
Bleh, maybe later. x.x

amtalx
Dec 11, 2008, 12:00 PM
Methinks I might join the JP servers. :D

BahnKnakyu
Dec 13, 2008, 10:03 PM
Tagging this for myself. Let's see if moonspeakville has the better game...

What's the PSOW uni that you all hang out in?

lainofthewired
Dec 13, 2008, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that they are below the site-listed requirements, but I've heard a lot of
people who can play on a low grade computer. So I wanna give it a try. D:

I myself just barely miss the minimum requirements. Oh well. I would still like to brush up on my nihongo. If you know what I mean.:-D

VectormanX
Dec 13, 2008, 10:50 PM
Tagging this for myself. Let's see if moonspeakville has the better game...

What's the PSOW uni that you all hang out in?

We usually play on random universes, but if you wanna set up a meeting that can be arranged and we can party. :)

BahnKnakyu
Dec 14, 2008, 01:18 AM
For anyone who's lost in the sea of moonspeak on the webpage. You will click the orange link box on the right (the one below Ethan and Commander Laia). Based off of my shoddy knowledge of Japanese, it simply says to download the Windows PSU AOI Client NOW.

On the next page, to avoid headaches with downloading a proprietary client, scroll all the way to the bottom. There's a link on the bottom that says to directly download the client from the servers via the web. Click on that, then the next page will have you downloading 4 files.

Make sure you have lots of room - you may want to use your own personal download manager, i.e. DownThemAll for Firefox. If a download stalls, do NOT cancel it, double click on the download in the Downloads window to "Pause" it, then double click on it to resume it. The Sega servers are very sensitive to packet loss and will refuse to continue downloads if you do not keep an eye on them.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 14, 2008, 01:21 AM
It often will refuse to continue the download even if you only pause it for a fraction of a second. According to Mewn, a download addon helps it go faster. I did it the old fashioned way, but it was around 20-30kbps for a significant portion of the download, so it took forever.

If anyone needs help navigating the moonrunes to register an account, I may be able to help, since I forced my way through it yesterday.

RedRaz0r
Dec 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
Can someone explain what to click on to buy the game key please? Much thanks =]]]]

Lyrise
Dec 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
Once you've logged in at the website, it will present your information and a ton of buttons to click below it. You're looking for this one:

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/Lyrise/PSU%20help/button.jpg

If you need more help beyond this, just ask away.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
Yep, that'd be it.

If you ever get stuck, copy and paste into google translator.

DEM_CIG
Dec 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
I was thinking about trying the japanese version when I got a new lab top.

Dein
Dec 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
Nice to see they did this. It'll make it easier for me to get the JP version again when I feel like playing though I'll probably just be waiting until they do the big update they just started talking about.

AxelgearVII
Dec 14, 2008, 07:09 PM
Chalk that up to reason #5312 why people should make the switch: No longer having to import

RedRaz0r
Dec 14, 2008, 07:12 PM
Alright, so I bought a game key and im all set, got the game downloaded and installed, but when I open the game that little picture comes up with all the options, and when I click on one of them it just closes and nothing else comes up, except one of them opens the website. How do I fix it?

Lyrise
Dec 14, 2008, 07:30 PM
Make sure your DirectX is up to date. Otherwise, that happens.

Paggos
Dec 14, 2008, 07:33 PM
How many English speakers are there on the JP servers? I know some basic Japanese but would like to have some English speakers to play with as well if I end up playing JP side.

RedRaz0r
Dec 14, 2008, 07:46 PM
Okay, now I got it all open and my account and stuff, so what options do i select to get into the game? I'm ready to play =] (online)

Okay nevermind I get the online part, but now I got another problem lol.

theres 2 options, a bunch of japanese characters and then a 1, and the same but a 2 after. And when I go to the first I get error 51, which i dont even know what that is lol So what do I do from here?

Edit: Error 51 on both of them, not just that one.

WildArms2
Dec 14, 2008, 07:56 PM
everyone that is just starting up should send each other their cards and meet up soo we can play together and learn all the new things with the help of other americans/ europeans that are just starting up there as well. This should make things a lot easier for all

VectormanX
Dec 14, 2008, 07:58 PM
Okay, now I got it all open and my account and stuff, so what options do i select to get into the game? I'm ready to play =] (online)

Okay nevermind I get the online part, but now I got another problem lol.

theres 2 options, a bunch of japanese characters and then a 1, and the same but a 2 after. And when I go to the first I get error 51, which i dont even know what that is lol So what do I do from here?

Edit: Error 51 on both of them, not just that one.

Entrance 1 and Entrance 2 options. doesnt matter which one you pick if you're starting new. it's basically 2 sets of character slots for you to use. entrance 1 cannot access the common box of entrance 2 and vice versa.

RedRaz0r
Dec 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
Okay got that error fixed, and thanks for explaining that to me =]

Newest error: error 62. What is it and how do I fix it?

Inazuma
Dec 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
Okay got that error fixed, and thanks for explaining that to me =]

Newest error: error 62. What is it and how do I fix it?

can you post a screenshot?

RedRaz0r
Dec 14, 2008, 08:34 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/JG_Leader/62.jpg

Inazuma
Dec 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
hmm. it mentions your game key, username and password. if you registered your game key already, double check that the username/password you are entering is correct.

Lyrise
Dec 14, 2008, 09:17 PM
That's the other thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you change your password after you create and verify your account! Otherwise your password is the jumble of letters and numbers assigned to you via e-mail.

Sign into your account, and click on the button on the right corner of your interface.

Additionally, if your screen looks 99% like the one below, including the 3rd row of all the grey boxes and fields next to them, then you have no key registered to the account.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/Lyrise/PSU%20help/interface.jpg

DEM_CIG
Dec 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
so u only have to download the aoti version or do you have to download the regular version too?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 14, 2008, 10:38 PM
Only AoI, unless you want to play Episode 1 offline.

DEM_CIG
Dec 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
lol uhhh play offline episode 1, thats a no I already beat it twice on the 360.

re
Dec 15, 2008, 03:59 AM
I am trying to setup a mirror of the files, possibly with a faster download speed :p
send me a pm for access (when it is ready)

edit: my mirror is up, pm for details

DraginHikari
Dec 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hmm... I might consider it actually... though the concept of trying to play a game in another language does concern me a bit XD

RedRaz0r
Dec 16, 2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the help, I'm on and playing now =]

DraginHikari
Dec 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm on now... it's just a matter now of figuring out how to find people and actually commuciate >>;;

Probably need to find some importers XD

ForteGunnerW
Dec 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
I would but i cant be bothered... and i wont be able to speak to people...

filosofem
Dec 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
For some reason I have trouble getting both the English and JP versions co-exist on my computer. After I installed the JP version, the English version just won't launch... >_>

But anyways, after a few days of trying out the JP server, I decided I'll probably stick with the US/EU server. Yeah, JP people are nice, the service is better, etc., but it's just too tiresome having to communicate in Japanese all the time (though I do know Japanese to some extent), not even to mention that you have to start a new character from scratch, which I'm too lazy to do...

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2008, 03:11 PM
For some reason I have trouble getting both the English and JP versions co-exist on my computer. After I installed the JP version, the English version just won't launch... >_>
In the folder where your EN version is installed, look for a BIN file called LangAE. Make a copy of this and rename the copy to LangJ. I did this and I can get both versions to run properly.

But anyways, after a few days of trying out the JP server, I decided I'll probably stick with the US/EU server. Yeah, JP people are nice, the service is better, etc., but it's just too tiresome having to communicate in Japanese all the time (though I do know Japanese to some extent), not even to mention that you have to start a new character from scratch, which I'm too lazy to do...
Having to start from scratch deterred me for a while, but with the current event, I've gone from LV20-something to LV53 in less than a week, and that's only from playing for a few hours every few days. Plus, the PA EXP boost is very nice for getting a good jump on leveling your photon arts.

filosofem
Dec 18, 2008, 06:21 PM
In the folder where your EN version is installed, look for a BIN file called LangAE. Make a copy of this and rename the copy to LangJ. I did this and I can get both versions to run properly.

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Having to start from scratch deterred me for a while, but with the current event, I've gone from LV20-something to LV53 in less than a week, and that's only from playing for a few hours every few days. Plus, the PA EXP boost is very nice for getting a good jump on leveling your photon arts.

Yeah I had some JP people lead me through MAG+ and found myself levelling up incredibly fast. Still, I feel more attached to my character on the NA/EU server...

And oh one thing that really surprised me is that the JP version has FULL VOICE ACTING featuring some big-name seiyuu. Why the heck the EN version almost got none?!