PDA

View Full Version : PSU "additional update" info revealed! (追加アップデート)

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081211c.html

Courtesy of Shougai PSO from the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation, here are the first details on the "additional update" coming to PSU!

Basic foundation
* The method of release for this update has not been confirmed, but will be in a later issue of Dengeki PlayStation.
* Currently, it is undecided if this will or will not be considered an expansion.
* There will not be any modifications as drastic as what was changed between PSU and AOTI.
* New gameplay mechanisms will be added to make the game more enjoyable.
* These additions will mainly be in the battle system.

Battle system
* Phantasy Star 0's evasive actions will not be added (sorry).

New items
* The plan is to add as many new weapons from PSP as possible.
* Collaborative items are also planned. For example, weapons from other SEGA titles.

Alnet
Dec 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
Fantastic. :3

Maybe the "collaborative items" will include a bare-handed S-rank Fist named "Bare Knuckle", after the Streets of Rage series?

A man can dream...

Rust
Dec 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
Nice to see they're gonna add a bunch of new weapons to the game.
One or two weapons for each weapon type and rarity is a bit meh ; everything is looking so boringly common, compared to PSO v.2 where you add a ton of rare weapons with every unique design to find.

But well, I know it isn't PSO and... I've seen far much worse in terms of weapon variety in many MMO games.

xBladeM6x
Dec 10, 2008, 12:35 PM
Nice to see they're gonna add a bunch of new weapons to the game.
One or two weapons for each weapon type and rarity is a bit meh ; everything is looking so boringly common, compared to PSO v.2 where you add a ton of rare weapons with every unique design to find.

But well, I know it isn't PSO and... I've seen far much worse in terms of weapon variety in many MMO games.
Go look at the item database for the PSP weapons. They all look amazing. Way better than what we have now.

WBMike
Dec 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
No new areas? :<

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081211c.html

Battle system

(-.-)9

Meta77
Dec 10, 2008, 01:27 PM
I want new places and i want a expansion so i can have another great intro song.

IsoDonk
Dec 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
I want a handgun that goes 'BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD '.

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
I want a PSU where the Seed rules

MaverickCast
Dec 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
I dont know if u guys noticed but alot of the weapons psp is getting is from PSO.....just thought i should throw that out there

Kylie
Dec 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
Eh, this isn't exactly good news because I was hoping for an expansion, and I hope they at least release a PS3 version for HD players.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
I dont know if u guys noticed but alot of the weapons psp is getting is from PSO.....just thought i should throw that out there

HMM....

New 4-6* Swords that aren't from PSO
Caelum Fluge (Kubara)
Beeftade Rare (Grinds to 5* Beeftade Well-Done)

New 7-9* That aren't from PSO
Haktoura (Yohmei O: )
Shyuzaku (Yohmei O: ) (Genfu being it's Kubara copy)
Aoriyu (Yohmei O: )
Bloody Fluge (Kubara)
Ice Sword Lum (I think this is in PSU too. Not too sure)
Ice Sword Pi (Same as Ice Sword Lum)
Beeftade Medium

AND ON TO THE S RANKS.
Ice Sword Mil (Same as Ice Sword Pi and Lum, I need a second opinion on this one lol)
Dunus Fluge
Spintail Diska
Magana Slayer
And Ely Sion (No, this isn't a PSO Rip. I've never played any of the other PS games, but I've read from several places that this weapon a weapon in the series. And yes, its an S Rank Sword. and in PSU.)

Swords that ARE from PSO, and aren't already in PSU
Soul Eater
Soul Banish.

Must I really go on?
You can see this and more at PSUPedia and actually playing the game.

Hell, I think it's safe to say that Gekka-Bijin and Shippu-Jinrai are the Sange and Yasha of PSU. And they look badass.

AND they make Hyakka-Ryo-Ran.

Sure, there are PSO weapons in PSU/P but not too many.

Just thought I should throw that out there. :)

Edit: On topic, It's about time they announced something.
And we need moar dodge roll. It can be done, dammit. D<

Noblewine
Dec 10, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm looking forward to this update.

RemiusTA
Dec 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
Wow. Yay. Amazing. Awesome. Unbelievable.

More rehashed content.

Edit: Although just to not sound like a complete spoil-sport, im mildly intrigued by the battle engine tweaks. Although sadly, battle engine tweaks is not what this game suffers from.

We need more environments and more interactive objects, and im not talking swiches and turrets. We need something to make the stages less [ RUN TO ROOM --> KILL --> GET KEY ---> RUN TO ROOM --> GET KEY --> SWITCH --> KILL --> RUN TO ROOM ] and more interactive.

The environments are too bland because they are too simple. Every room in this game is just an empty rectangle, or a wideopen grass field of wasted space. There is not enough vertical expansion, not enough atmosphere, not enough anything.

So in the end, i just want this update to have more interesting stage designs, because the current ones are garbage and get old after the first block. Combat was perhaps half the success of PSO, but PSU relies on it WAY too much. Killing identical enemies is only fun for so long.

Give us some stuff to destroy, or just make the experience fun. Water to splash around in while fighting, windows to shoot out, tables and chairs to slice through and set on fire, something to make it feel like we're in these locations and not just looking at a HUD, Action Pallete and Damage Numbers.

pikachief
Dec 10, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'm looking forward to this update. One thing though, without seeing zero from missing what will it be replaced with, the dodge or flinch animation?

phantasy star 0 is a game lol, and in the game it has a dodge XD

its not taking out the 0 its saying that it wont be like Phantasy Star 0 :P (the DS version)

ChaosAngel92
Dec 10, 2008, 05:29 PM
* There will not be any modifications as drastic as what was changed between PSU and AOTI.

Can someone explain me what does they exactly mean with this?
They said in the following lines that some changes will come on the battle system, thing that AoTI changed with the Just attack and Just Counter, so that leaves us only to supouse they are not going to do changes on rooms, character looks and such things?

What does they mean with "drastic modifications"?

Shinko
Dec 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds nice but i hope they go into more with character design.

I need to know a bit more before I get all happy.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 06:10 PM
We need more environments and more interactive objects, and im not talking swiches and turrets. We need something to make the stages less [ RUN TO ROOM --> KILL --> GET KEY ---> RUN TO ROOM --> GET KEY --> SWITCH --> KILL --> RUN TO ROOM ] and more interactive.

Give us some stuff to destroy, or just make the experience fun. Water to splash around in while fighting, windows to shoot out, tables and chairs to slice through and set on fire, something to make it feel like we're in these locations and not just looking at a HUD, Action Pallete and Damage Numbers.
I don't often agree with Remius here, so take a good look everybody, it's a good idea. This game isn't interactive enough, we need something else. Enemy A.I. is so simple that there's never a challenge in the fighting itself, so we need something else, another element, to make this game more engaging. *swing, swing, hit, dimate, swing, PA, next room*
Doesn't look fun does it? Yeah, it isn't.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 10, 2008, 06:22 PM
Just wrote this on official boards. :p

I've posted these way back in April or May, but I think I'll post them again since it's appropriate. Maybe they took some of my ideas. :o

[spoiler-box]Something I had concocted months ago.

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/swordofvermillion.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_swordofvermillion01.jpg
(^From the Genesis/MD game, Sword of Vermillion)

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/trapstaff.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_trapstaff01.jpg

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/scourgespark.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_scourgespark01.jpg

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/volfuclaw.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_volfuclaw01.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2008, 06:34 PM
OMG those models looks beautiful.

ThePendragon
Dec 10, 2008, 06:47 PM
While they are at it, they can add mine. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Existentialism/Aeroprism-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Existentialism/Elsydeon.jpg

Seira7
Dec 10, 2008, 06:56 PM
oh...cool...
i bought the jp psp game off ebay, Im really digging it. It actually has weapons in it that I would spend a long time hunting because they look so amazing!

The things I really wanted in an expansion were:
More interesting Enemy AI - although I love that idea about interactive enviroments! Shooting out windows - cool idea. Enemy patterns (and enviroments) are really meh in PSU.

Better weapon design - I was so hoping they would add PSP designs MMM

PSU in HD

So one outta 3 not bad. I might seriously consider re-joining PSU when this all takes place. JP PSU, that is. Until then Ill just enjoy the PSP game (it was worth every penny yay)

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2008, 06:56 PM
Aren't Elsydeon and Ely Sion the same?

Syl
Dec 10, 2008, 06:59 PM
I think they need to work on the coding/programming a bit to make PSU prettier/stable. For a game that isn't super sparkly and shiny it sure eats up resources like a mofo >_>

Also adding simple elements like weather can drastically change the feel of the game, in my opinion anyway.

Lance813
Dec 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
It needs to rain...

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2008, 07:28 PM
Even better. It needs a full scale of random weather per day.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 10, 2008, 07:45 PM
Aren't Elsydeon and Ely Sion the same?
Yeah, we already have Ely Sion in the data, so no need to hypothesize over that one.

Arika
Dec 10, 2008, 07:52 PM
SO, basically, this new change to the battle system is what they hired players to work for? okay, it is make more sense now that they do really need players who know the game more than them.

However, I don't see this can come in any other way more than an expansion for PS2?

Xbox will use download as always, but PS2 will surely be expansion.

anyway, it say it doesn't changed much as AoI, I don't know if I should be disappointed or not, because AoI consider change too much more than an expansion in any other game normally would, but I still like to see a lot of change anyway.

too few information to really feel anything yet. (but I would surprised a lot if they implement "jump" system, and air combo xD)

Rust
Dec 10, 2008, 08:04 PM

More rehashed content.

Edit: Although just to not sound like a complete spoil-sport, im mildly intrigued by the battle engine tweaks. Although sadly, battle engine tweaks is not what this game suffers from.

The environments are too bland because they are too simple. Every room in this game is just an empty rectangle, or a wideopen grass field of wasted space. There is not enough vertical expansion, not enough atmosphere, not enough anything.

So in the end, i just want this update to have more interesting stage designs, because the current ones are garbage and get old after the first block. Combat was perhaps half the success of PSO, but PSU relies on it WAY too much. Killing identical enemies is only fun for so long.

Totally. That's why I'm alternating between PSU and another MMO on which there is plenty of different types of challenges, including interaction with items (mass monster attack, normal dungeons, puzzles with switches or tiles, obstacle courses...) ; and when I feel like having some action-packed gameplay, I play to PSU.
The only area any close to vertical expansion is Rozenom, and yet it's only illusionary, you don't have a single piece of the map under another piece on another level.

DraginHikari
Dec 10, 2008, 08:58 PM

More rehashed content.

I don't see this as possible giving the system they are currently using it would require a large revamp of the engine. I just don't see the current development team making that kind of effort.

Will_Nonheim
Dec 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
The only thing I worry about is if there will be a PS2 version or not (despite having a fairly good computer, it's a non-Intel iMac and is therefore unable to run Boot Camp and thus PSU-- so no PC version for me).
I mean it's not too hard to expand on the PS2 version if they ditch all of that offline mode stuff, right?

SJW89
Dec 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
OMG I can't wait! I want new gameplay mechanisms to supplement what we have now!

_Vyser_
Dec 10, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm most interested in what they might do to the battle system. Although I don't mind the battle system, I wouldn't mind a change here and there if it could make it more fun. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for this.

Blueblur
Dec 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
I would prefer to see Sonic Team move onto a new console Phantasy Star game than continue working on PSU. Seriously... are they really making enough money on this game to justify more support? Anyway...

What they need to do is work on PSU's problems. These guys aren't Criterion Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise#Boost_Specials); they're not going to make any major changes to the game. I imagine what they could improve are item drops, mission rewards (give me a reason to play classic PSU missions!) and drop rates. Technically, they might be able eliminate synthesis items and change the entire game to drop completed items like Phantasy Star Portable.

That would make me pay $9.99 a month again.

SJW89
Dec 11, 2008, 04:37 AM
Of course they're making enough money. Just keeping 200+ players means over $2000 a month in revenue just for memberships.

On Xbox 360, they've got at least 1000 active players.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 11, 2008, 04:44 AM
Of course they're making enough money. Just keeping 200+ players means over $2000 a month in revenue just for memberships.

On Xbox 360, they've got at least 1000 active players.more like 10k+ on the 360 and proberly 1-1.5k on ps2

SJW89
Dec 11, 2008, 05:00 AM
True. So, Sega has $100k revenue on memberships.

If they didn't have enough money, trust me those cheap-o's would charge us $14.99 a month. (they also wouldn't be developing 3 games in the same series at once)

Cakeskull
Dec 11, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hmm... collaborative items from other sega titles...

Will these titles include chromehounds?
New CAST parts have been few and far beween lately ;D

Seority
Dec 11, 2008, 08:48 AM
*crosses fingers* "No error 65, no error 65, no error 65!"

Here's some things that are a must-need for this "expantion".
NO PS2s.
Compatability with Vista.
Keep PC/PS servers together and keep 360 in theirs.
HIRE MORE(AND BETTER) STAFF.
Unless the updates come and come weekly, NO MONTHLY FEE.
Make items rare.

The first one is the only one that really matters, but you get it.

Mysterious-G
Dec 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
Some items from PSP...
Why some but not all? :-?

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 11, 2008, 09:01 AM
I knew it. Good ol' Sega found a new way to milk more money from the costumers.

xJermariox
Dec 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
I want from this is the materials from PSO to return (Hp mat, ATP mat.. ect) That way everyone can have their own unique stats. Everything else I dont care about unless they make it that humans arent a worthless race.

Dragwind
Dec 11, 2008, 12:16 PM
Certainly is good news, but I wish they would just tell us already, instead of leaving us to speculate. I'd say I'm most interested in the gameplay changes to be honest.

ThePendragon
Dec 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, we already have Ely Sion in the data, so no need to hypothesize over that one.

Actually, despite the similarities in the names, the Elysion in PSO was nothing like the Elsydeon from earlier games.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
And the Ely Sion in PSU is nothing like the Elysion in PSO.

The only reason to want an Elywhatever weapon is just for the nostalgic/cameo value, and we've already got something to take care of that.

gratefulgriz
Dec 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
Certainly is good news, but I wish they would just tell us already, instead of leaving us to speculate. I'd say I'm most interested in the gameplay changes to be honest.

I mean we ARE the community. Its a little ridiculous to have to translate, speculate, speculate some more and get news down the grapevine. I mean if Sega has plans for our community shouldn't we be the first to know?? Have a great PSU everyone!

SJW89
Dec 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hmm... collaborative items from other sega titles...

Will these titles include chromehounds?
New CAST parts have been few and far beween lately ;D

It would be cool if females got Ulala's costume. :P

Freshellent
Dec 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
Gameplay changes huh? I wonder.

NoiseHERO
Dec 11, 2008, 11:10 PM
This sounds pretty wild,if theres one thing i hope they change about the battle system is making new action figure battle pa's and making movements more smoother : O

but especially changing the way we hold weapons =_= saber attack motions are so boring.

Voison
Dec 12, 2008, 12:23 AM
Less Swords and Guns and Claws.

More Non gay Rods.

engelsein
Dec 12, 2008, 01:50 AM
This sounds pretty wild,if theres one thing i hope they change about the battle system is making new action figure battle pa's and making movements more smoother : O

but especially changing the way we hold weapons =_= saber attack motions are so boring.

what id like to see is stances... we all stand the same no matter what weapon we hold, id like to change that like for example knuckles could have Zell's stance from FFVIII, or spears have zhou yun's stance from any dynasty warriors 2-5, also its alot to ask but the whole jump air combo thing would be badass

Arika
Dec 12, 2008, 01:56 AM
Nerf "timing attack"... 150% is way too much.
and make techer be more useful than just a nuker for exp.

WrathOfMegid
Dec 12, 2008, 02:04 AM
Hmm, this sounds like it could be interesting... maybe. Just a question: is the last story mission we've got now the last in the Ambition storyline? If it is, maybe the 'not quite an expansion' will be mostly an addition to the storyline.

Also, the offline of AotI on PS2 has characters speaking in actual phrases, rather than nothing but shouts and grunts, so they could be updating the voices across the board?

As for gameplay mechanis, that's a broad category. The goal is "to make the game more enjoyable." Maybe that doesn't mean new combat elements. In fact, I wouldn't count on new or even tweaked combat mechanics. Maybe that means you can warp to any lobby from a crystal. Or you can join a friend in whatever room/mission/lobby they might be. But my guess is the modifications will consist of ease-of-use adjustments, not bad-ass new fighting techniques.

This doesn't sound revolutionary. In fact, it sounds more like a content update, since the only really specified content of the announcement had to do with new items, particularly weapons.

Of course, everyone has an idea of what they want to see. I am no different, but maybe my ideas are a tad bit more tame/practical?

I would like to see adjustments made to the music during missions. Specifically, an enhanced sense of flow created by music building in intensity during combat and mellowing out when no enemies are around. (Yes, this is the PSO fanboy in me clawing his way to the surface). But this desire comes secondary to others.

Content be damned, I want to see better programming. It's disheartening to hear about the massive amount of glitches that result from regularly scheduled maintenance. If ST just took the time to make a massive stability update for the game, they would have my allegiance regardless of content.

Either way, I still think the game is a perfect way to waste time with your friends, provided you all have $10 in expendable monthly income. So anything that keeps my friends online, indeed, especially if it is enough to get them back online, is good enough for me.

Eidolus_Dyne
Dec 12, 2008, 02:49 AM

Hearing this has me asking questions. It seems like I keep hearing murmurs about players saying something to the effect of "if only I could dodge" and "if only I could cancel my attacks (techniques specifically) to evade". I really hope that Sonic Team is aware of this. I'll play regardless, but... I just have to know. Did that bit of information... "Phantasy Star 0's evasive actions will not be added (sorry)" come from Sonic Team? Or is that a bullet point you added to clarify for us PSO-World users that it wasn't among the battle updates. I have to know. That way I can have hope that they know we want evasion, but just aren't capable of giving it to us just yet.

landman
Dec 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
I will be happy with a full collection of decorations, posters and musics from all sega franchises :wacko:

DarkEliteRico
Dec 12, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hearing this has me asking questions. It seems like I keep hearing murmurs about players saying something to the effect of "if only I could dodge" and "if only I could cancel my attacks (techniques specifically) to evade". I really hope that Sonic Team is aware of this. I'll play regardless, but... I just have to know. Did that bit of information... "Phantasy Star 0's evasive actions will not be added (sorry)" come from Sonic Team? Or is that a bullet point you added to clarify for us PSO-World users that it wasn't among the battle updates. I have to know. That way I can have hope that they know we want evasion, but just aren't capable of giving it to us just yet.
They most likely don't know how to put the code in correctly, with their track record of major updates I honestly wouldn't want them to put that into the game even though I feel that something like that would make the game much more enjoyable and playable

Calsetes
Dec 12, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think one thing I'd like to see in an "expansionette" would be some clothing to make my guy look like one of the Burning Rangers with their little jetpack-thing on.

Then again, this is coming from my memory of seeing it about 10 years' ago in Disney, when Sega actually had a big chunk of Innoventions at Epcot dedicated to their games and systems, so maybe it doesn't look as cool as I remember. Still, that'd be cool to see, along with maybe some different hairstyles and accessories? I know I've seen accessories I like, but not with hairstyles I want.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
Still, that'd be cool to see, along with maybe some different hairstyles and accessories? I know I've seen accessories I like, but not with hairstyles I want.

I agree with you here. At least for males, choosing a haircut has been always a nightmare, due to the fact they are kind of horrid. We have not a decent long hair style. Can we just get the plain ol' one FOmars used to wear? #6 If I recall well.

I support the idea of new accesories. Cowgirl hats for Christ sake. I have been asking them since AotI was announced!

Calsetes
Dec 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
Eh, my guy's got mid-length hair, which is good enough for me. I just wish I could use either the goggles on top of the head like some of the other hairstyles have for men, or the little headset communicator thing some of the expansion hairstyles have. However, since I didn't want to look extremely plain until they implemented the AMF gear (which I'm wearing now), I originally took the blue beret with it. My guy's probably one of the few people who could pull off being intimidating whilst wearing a beret (then again, if I had someone coming at me with flaming swords and a sword called Apocalypse, I'd probably be scared regardless of what they're wearing). Beret's going after I get my SPF stuff though, blue and red clash way too much, as I found on my copy of PSP.

antpacheco3301
Dec 12, 2008, 06:01 PM
Are the humans going to get anything like the beast? I heard that we are getting a god mode for humans. True / False. What about alot of the items from PSO. I use to play it and there was alot of weps,items,armor. Will we be seeing any of these items? Thank you

Harmony
Dec 12, 2008, 06:57 PM
there might be another expan? OMG Gotta levell up! ^_^

RemiusTA
Dec 12, 2008, 08:45 PM
Also, the offline of AotI on PS2 has characters speaking in actual phrases, rather than nothing but shouts and grunts, so they could be updating the voices across the board?

Oh jesus christ i hope not. If anything they should remove them, or give voice sets with all grunts. This game was 10x more fun without my character screaming crap all the time. When my characters got voices, i had to literately change them to ones that didnt bug the shit out of me.

I would like to see adjustments made to the music during missions. Specifically, an enhanced sense of flow created by music building in intensity during combat and mellowing out when no enemies are around. (Yes, this is the PSO fanboy in me clawing his way to the surface). But this desire comes secondary to others.This would be amazing, although i doubt it would help much. PSU has the PSO composers (Ep 1, 2, 3, AND 4) and its music still sucks. Im guessing the idiots up at Sonic Team decided to just NOT allocate time and money to assuring the AAA+ quality music they always at LEAST have in their games. None of it is even orchestrated, and thats been a minimum for the PSO series since the beginning. Sonic Team has released some horrible, horrible games 2000-2008, but PSU definately has the worst soundtrack of them all.

Which is pretty pathetic.

If they want to upgrade combat, they will make AI that doesnt suck, Photon Art effects that are NOT ugly (Seriously, the trail effect just looks way too lazy.), and for christs sake give EVERYBODY the ability to Just Attack.

SJW89
Dec 12, 2008, 09:10 PM
Where can I find a video of these voices you speak of?

I want to see what ELSE we're missing on the neglected Xbox.

_Vyser_
Dec 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
On the note of voices, they really should fix the PC version. Sometimes the NPC's say stuff, other times they don't (mainly Laia and Lumia). From what I can tell, it's probably a good thing the PC side doesn't have the full voice data that PS2 has.

I heard that we are getting a god mode for humans. True / False.

Source?

EspioKaos
Dec 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
Did that bit of information... "Phantasy Star 0's evasive actions will not be added (sorry)" come from Sonic Team? Or is that a bullet point you added to clarify for us PSO-World users that it wasn't among the battle updates. I have to know. That way I can have hope that they know we want evasion, but just aren't capable of giving it to us just yet.

It's from SonicTeam. (The sorry part was from me, though, since I knew lots of people would be disappointed.) The article mentions that enemy AI is a reason behind why it won't be added. I guess some major overhauling would have to be done to make it work right.

Are the humans going to get anything like the beast? I heard that we are getting a god mode for humans. True / False.

False.

What about alot of the items from PSO. I use to play it and there was alot of weps,items,armor. Will we be seeing any of these items? Thank you
Most likely. Since they'll be bringing a lot of the weapons from PSP over, I expect we'll see a lot of the PSO weapons from that game come over. To be honest, though, I'd prefer that they focus on bringing over just the PSP-exclusives like Yohmei's line of TCSMs, TENORA WORKS' line of RCSMs and the new line shields and units.

buzyb77
Dec 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
I really want to See new/old Spells

1 GRANTs... looks like Megid but White
2. The Chain lighting spelll... you rememer it from PSO..... it rocked
3. More spells that auto target/follow Mobs
4. Spells that Accually can stop spells besides Ice and Stun.... As Silece never works on the vandys
5. spells that shoot polor oooisites or double/ triples like the mobs....

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2008, 06:28 PM
I still think it would have been cool to see Shields makes a comeback from the older games. In PSO they were either invisible or were merely decoration - usually in the form of a small buckler. They weren't a part of the gameplay mechanic though. Now, with PSU, you have the opportunity to activate "offhand" weapons - so why not offhand defensive items as well?

Like handguns and other off-hand items, it would only work when activated, and only block against attacks in a 90-130 degree radius in front of your character. Activation would increase your chance of blocking an attack entirely, and if not, would reduce damage by around 50%. However, it would not prevent knockdowns from strong attacks or charging enemies. They would, of course, also be prone to elemental bonuses as well. They could perhaps even split the shield category into two - one which protects against melee/ranged and one which protects against techs.

If they wanted to get really creative, they could even limit movement speed while the shield is activated, or halt movement altogether - but allow your character to spin 360 degrees to absorb multiple attacks. However, I would think it wise to also put in a small "impact" animation which negates your shield for a split second - allowing multiple attacks to overwhelm your character.

But of course, to add in such a feature would take far more work than Sonic Team is willing to put into the game, and really, it's a bit too late at this point anyhow. Especially since it would probably take numerous tweaks to the enemy AI in order to compensate for the new addition. Still, it would have been nice....

Kylie
Dec 13, 2008, 08:22 PM
This needs to be mentioned again: PS3 version. I don't see why they wouldn't make that move given that that would be a very smart thing to do in Japan (maybe even over here!), and PS2 PSU on an HD set is just... a crime. Also, I wonder if this "update" or whatever they're calling it will include the Acromaster class.

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2008, 01:25 AM
This needs to be mentioned again: PS3 version. I don't see why they wouldn't make that move given that that would be a very smart thing to do in Japan (maybe even over here!), and PS2 PSU on an HD set is just... a crime. Also, I wonder if this "update" or whatever they're calling it will include the Acromaster class.

IMO, this update needs to be Downloadable weapons and content exclusive to PC/360 versions. They would stop having to come up with stupid ass ideas of releasing content if they were to just use this nice piece of innovative technology called a HARD DRIVE.

Battle system upgrades need to include:

1) - Different wielding and attacking animations between classes and sexes. In my humble opinion, i think its effing retarded that a Hunter wields and swings a sword with the same form and speed as a Fortefighter. Changing the speed of the animation isnt enough.

PSO did it well with the varied animations between classes, giving the most proficient user class of the weapon a more useful animation, and the other classes the default. I would enjoy it if my Acrofighter didnt flail his arms around when using his saber, and my Fortefighter didnt look like he was struggling to make his sword not fall victim to gravity.

2) - RANGERS AND FORCES LIKE TO BE USEFUL TOO. JUST ATTACK BEING EXCLUSIVE TO HUNTERS (believe it or not, sega) IS NOT BALANCING THE GAME. Seriously. Just Attack needs to be given to all classes. If you arent going to give Rangers Evasive Manuvering for that empty PA button, then at least allocate a Just Attack to that empty key. Slower rate of fire but greater damage + slight disposition to the enemy.

Forces can summon huge explosions, trigger earthquakes, strike down the wicked wrath of god, and even rip souls from bodies with purple balls of condensed doom...but completely fail to even flinch most enemies. You're telling me this Vanda can stand on top of this this Huge, lv 37 shooting flaming rock from the center of the earth, but doesnt get knocked away? Im sending huge Ice Crystals shooting from my feet into your ribcage, but you can jump through it and smack me?

If you arent gonna give them just attack, than at least give them...i dunno, SPELLS? Explosions should blow enemies away, earthquakes should trip them, falling ice chunks should crush them, rocks shooting from the earth should knock them upwards. I dont understand why this tiny ass saber can blow them across the room, but when i nuke their asses they eat it like Scarface.

3) - Idiots are not partners, Sega. Fucking god. It feels like im partied with a bunch of pathetic, ADHD ridden retards with Down Syndrome or something. They are RETARDED. The dragon left that spot almost 15 seconds ago, what the HELL are you aiming your SUV at.

4) - Weapons that dont do anything special are not S-rank weapons, Sega. Hey guys, Whats the difference between a Hanzo and a De Ragan Slayer? Not a damn thing. The Hanzo looks cooler, thats all.

This is simple stuff. If you're gonna have an S-rank weapon with a bunch of stars, at least give it a GOOD LOOKING effect or something. If you're gonna make a super badass huge sword that takes forever to make, at least give it some kind of special rape-range or J-sword like effect. ADDING +1 TO THE AMOUNT OF TARGETS ****DOES. NOT. WORK.**** CREA WEAPONS ARE GARBAGE.

Yes, my weapon has a SUPER HIGH-END LIMITED EDITION TOP-OF-THE-LINE OVERCLOCKED INCREASED CAPATICY BURST STREAM ENHANCED MEGIZONRAYGRABAN PHOTON REACTOR, BUT LOOKS JUST LIKE MR. C-rank OVER THERE. (not to mention, Mr.C rank looks far cooler than me too.)

5) - Kubara has absolutely no reason of existing if they dont do anything special. Christ, at least make Kubara Weapons be the ones that have the special effects or something. For example:

De Ragan Slayer = super high ATP, Grind, +3 targets, blah blah

De Ragan Slayic = Photon Arts shoot piercing fireballs with Lv2 burn

See how the Kubara knockoff, with its stats inferior to the original in every way, suddendly looks fun to use?

Seriously, this CANT be the same guy who directed PSO. This game needs to start thinking outside its pathetic little box and MAKE A GOOD GAME ALREADY.

engelsein
Dec 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
someone's angry at sega lol

Alnet
Dec 14, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yes, my weapon has a SUPER HIGH-END LIMITED EDITION TOP-OF-THE-LINE OVERCLOCKED INCREASED CAPATICY BURST STREAM ENHANCED MEGIZONRAYGRABAN PHOTON REACTOR, BUT LOOKS JUST LIKE MR. C-rank OVER THERE. (not to mention, Mr.C rank looks far cooler than me too.)
Which reminds me.

1.) They need to fix a lot of the typos in this game. Olson/Orson Waber, the fact that "Ethan Waber" should probably be spelled "Ethan Weber" (same with "Karl F. Howzer" should be "Hauzer"); Apocalypsic has the data that should be with Sabrac, and the infamous Deljabaner/Sevarac; the "Nel Soul" and "Neddle Cannoc"; and "Agtaride"/Shifta, and "Defbaride"/Deband and anything else I didn't cover. The amount of inconsistencies is staggering.

2.) Too many weapons say the same thing for their information. "Super high-end reactor" is copypasted on way too many S-rank weapons. Even Tesbra has one that describes the blade used on it, and it's a wand. Is it impossible to be creative with coming up with these weapon descriptions? It took some amount of creativity to make the weapons themselves.

And no, it's not impossible to fix that. Even Pokemon have different Pokedex details from game to game.

Kumlekar
Dec 14, 2008, 05:14 PM
*crosses fingers* "No error 65, no error 65, no error 65!"

Here's some things that are a must-need for this "expantion".
NO PS2s.
Compatability with Vista.
Keep PC/PS servers together and keep 360 in theirs.
HIRE MORE(AND BETTER) STAFF.
Unless the updates come and come weekly, NO MONTHLY FEE.
Make items rare.

The first one is the only one that really matters, but you get it.
Anything they release on PC will have to be released on ps2. If they don't, they'll have to drop PS2 off the server, which would cost them more than half of the pc/ps2 player base.

Uncle_bob
Dec 14, 2008, 08:38 PM
Inventory needs a manual sort option. :disapprove:

HyperShot-X-
Dec 14, 2008, 09:48 PM
I honestly feel that they should keep this update content to bare minimum just to extent PSU life 1 or 2 more yrs, I think any serious effort put in on top of the current game engine that is limited by ps2 & not fully optimized to run on X360 would be waste of resources if there cannot be any further improvements made to the basic game performance.

What ST should really do instead is to build a new PS game engine on next gen platforms based on 'the Hedgehog engine' they created to make Sonic Unleashed, and this time merge all servers into one linking PC - Xbox 360 - PS3(even JP servers too if possible), keeping voice chat option platform specific. The game design doesn't have to be such ground breaking, combining good elements from both PSO & PSU and just build up on the series but focusing more on the network online portion, also keep the development period to no longer than 2 yrs.

Blueblur
Dec 15, 2008, 11:27 AM
Making an HD version of what essentially is a game with a very small online community wouldn't be a smart business decision. If anything hope that Sonic Team uses the Hedgehog Engine (http://www.tssznews.com/2008/09/13/a-look-inside-the-hedgehog-engine/) to make a sequel or spiritual successor to either PSU or PSO sometime before 2011 (which is when the next generation of consoles will most likely be available).

Kylie
Dec 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
Making an HD version of what essentially is a game with a very small online community wouldn't be a smart business decision. If anything hope that Sonic Team uses the Hedgehog Engine (http://www.tssznews.com/2008/09/13/a-look-inside-the-hedgehog-engine/) to make a sequel or spiritual successor to either PSU or PSO sometime before 2011 (which is when the next generation of consoles will most likely be available).Umm, why? Anyone that owns a next-gen console, has the money to buy an HD set, but chooses not to is really missing out. I'm sure tons of people are in the same boat as I am, and I really don't see myself playing until the end cap anymore if I have to stick with the graphics this messed up (maybe I can get a decent PC by then though). The age of next-generation gaming is here. They can gamble and try to reach out to the next-gen people, or they can give in and ensure that the series will remain mediocre and deteriorate as it has been. Plus, a lot of people in Japan play the PS2 version... I also don't think it would be a problem because the 360 version already looks much, much nicer on an HDTV.

Alizarin
Dec 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
If you arent gonna give them just attack, than at least give them...i dunno, SPELLS? Explosions should blow enemies away, earthquakes should trip them, falling ice chunks should crush them, rocks shooting from the earth should knock them upwards. I dont understand why this tiny ass saber can blow them across the room, but when i nuke their asses they eat it like Scarface.

This I can see happening. PSP actually has some Techs with additional effects. Diga knocked away, Razonde tossed monsters up, Gifoie blew everything in range away, and Rabarta had knockdown. I think there's a few more, and they all kept their SE's in the process, plus they were in effect from level 1.

I wonder if this might be actually part of new gameplay changes, especially if they already mention bringing some items from PSP?

Hucast-Kireek
Dec 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
More striking weapons without photon and more real bullet or flame thrower guns.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 16, 2008, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't mind some graphical upgrades, really. Toss in HDR lighting, real shadows instead of blots, and normal mapping.

Apone
Dec 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
Add slots...just want Add slots... well....not just Add slots but, you know....

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
This I can see happening. PSP actually has some Techs with additional effects. Diga knocked away, Razonde tossed monsters up, Gifoie blew everything in range away, and Rabarta had knockdown. I think there's a few more, and they all kept their SE's in the process, plus they were in effect from level 1.
Uh, no. That would make attack techs even more annoyingly bad. No one would ever want to play with a techer if every weak attack threw enemies all over.