PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Pre-Paid credit card Questions

Morpheo
Dec 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone, to start out , yes i know there is a search function, and yes i used it, however the question i have wasnt answered in any of the topics I could find. Ok, so i was wondering if you guys use these pre-paid cards and if so what kind? were can you get them? how old do you have to be? and is it any different then putting in a regular credit card at the XBL marketplace. I'm 16 and my parents credit cards running out at the end of the year so i wanted to know if i could buy/ use one. Thanks for your help and im sorry if this is in the wrong forum, its just were all the previous topics like mine have been located.

Itachi1990
Dec 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
I use this 1 https://www.vanillamastercard.com/languages.html it works doesnt matter how old you are to buy any and they sell at pharmacys rite aid, CVS etc

Morpheo
Dec 10, 2008, 10:31 PM
i just read thru the FAQ's on that page and it said it cant be used for reocurring billing, you sure it works for 360?

Itachi1990
Dec 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
360 not sure im on PC i dont use it anymore last time i did was last year but it worked then so idk but there are other ones.

Miss Malevolent
Dec 10, 2008, 11:02 PM
I've use the green dot before with no problems. However the 5 dollar a month service fee was quite an annoyance.

My roommate purchased a prepaid Visa card last night from walmart, but it wouldn't work. After going to the site, we found the card couldn't be used for recurring billing, so I'm assuming any card that says that will not work on the 360.

Syl
Dec 11, 2008, 12:03 AM
I used to buy them for when I used to play PSU.

Vanilla Visa cards have given me problems twice with Playsega (PC side) where I couldn't pay them but I could buy stuff with it any where else. Because of that I really really recommend staying away from those.

I stuck to using prepaid Master cards and I haven't got a problem since then.