PDA

View Full Version : Masterclasses?

Roberto14
Dec 11, 2008, 12:39 PM
i heard they are coming Dec 19th is that true????

Dhylec
Dec 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
No official words mean it's just rumors & speculations.

ashley50
Dec 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
lol...again with the Master Classes XD

we just got an update lol. There's no way we can get another one after getting a huge content.

tadtwisted
Dec 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
most people are thinking that will get us to shut up about the rollback. It would keep me quiet for a while. I have had a hard time playing after the rollback because i have to level up the same spells again but after i get them to where they were i think ill be o.k.

amtalx
Dec 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
It would be a welcome addition, but expect me not to play for a week, expecting a rollback.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
It would be a welcome addition, but expect me not to play for a week, expecting a rollback.
with you on that one, from now on i don't think i'll log on until the monday after just to make sure things got worked out. At least if they do a rollback i'm only loosing a few hours vs days of work

Darius_Drake
Dec 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
most people are thinking that will get us to shut up about the rollback. It would keep me quiet for a while. I have had a hard time playing after the rollback because i have to level up the same spells again but after i get them to where they were i think ill be o.k.

I must admit that if we got Master classes on the 19th my memory would get fuzzy. I would still hope for the Lighting Carnival to be delivered to us on the 2nd of January. If they pulled that off with no hiccups then I know my memory of all the crap we went through this past year would be practically erased. Here this Sega.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
Eh not gettin my hopes up so i'll just wait until then to find out

DEM_CIG
Dec 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
Why would master classes come out the 19th, when we just got GBR? It probly wont be coming for a couple months.

Darius_Drake
Dec 11, 2008, 03:14 PM
Why would master classes come out the 19th, when we just got GBR? It probly wont be coming for a couple months.

To hopefully make people forget about the rollback incident. I figure it isn't scheduled to be released until after the Lightning Carnival whenever we finally get that. Moving up it's release to the 19th combined with something else like maybe a synth bonus and 3* luck might be the compensation they will give us. Hey I can dream can't I? Don't get me wrong, I am not holding my breath that this will happen.

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'd much rather get Carnival before Masterclasses. I've said this before, but, new content is a whole lot more exciting than "new" types where you're basically doing the exact same thing over again, this time with far less variety.

stukasa
Dec 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'd be reeeeeeeeally surprised if we got Master Classes next week. It's possible, I'm just saying I'd be surprised. And I agree with Chelsea, I'd rather have the Carnival first (which is DEFINITELY not starting next week :lol: ).

DEM_CIG
Dec 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
Theres no point to release anything on the 19th because they just released gbr. They will milk out gbr as long as possible so we dont get bored with this game.

hewitt
Dec 11, 2008, 03:51 PM
New Masterclasses?

What happened to the old ones? D:

Alnet
Dec 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
What happened to the old ones? D:
THIS.

The topic title is terribly misleading.

In any case, if the rumor is confirmed, I won't be disappointed. I will, however, continue as the class I am until I can get Kaos Knight, since a LV1 Gunmaster will have a bit of trouble in Lightning Beasts.

Cracka_J
Dec 11, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'd renew in January if we do get masters before then.
Otherwise, I'll break for awhile until we get them.

I really don't care anymore about all the events, masters alone would keep me playing.

RikaPSOW
Dec 11, 2008, 04:11 PM
i heard they are coming Dec 19th is that true????

I hope it's true. That would make GBR even better (well for me anyway).

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2008, 04:14 PM
I think it's a little too early, after the last update, for Master Classes. Take note, there's quite a few updates that would come with said Master Classes. Mostly updates to general game stuff brought about after the Master Classes came. Considering we're this close to the holidays, I would be surprised if such a major undertaking would be attempted, at this time.

Quite a few software developers freeze projects about now, with new developments to come in the next year.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 11, 2008, 08:14 PM
... a LV1 Gunmaster will have a bit of trouble in Lightning Beasts.

No it won't. You clearly have not had the pleasure of playing a GM ^_^.

I mean it's not FIGHMASTER, but GM tears stuff apart. As long as your bullets are leveled you'd have no problem with LB.

DreXxiN
Dec 11, 2008, 10:53 PM
Holy shit, my day almost finished up the worst it could possibly be. I seriously thought this was a new thread, I was going to explode.

Genoa
Dec 11, 2008, 11:35 PM
If we got master classes first, then carnival, nobody would really get to experience the pain of leveling up Master Classes since I'm sure the MP will be quite rewarding in the event.
Masterforce is going to be fun to start leveling <_> 85% HP mod at lvl.20 is already extremely low D:

Alnet
Dec 12, 2008, 04:00 AM
No it won't. You clearly have not had the pleasure of playing a GM ^_^.

I mean it's not FIGHMASTER, but GM tears stuff apart. As long as your bullets are leveled you'd have no problem with LB.
Oh, well of course I haven't played Gunmaster yet. :wacko:

But I meant as a Type LV1, my stat mods are gonna be pretty much in the toilet. Gainozerous are annoying as it is without dramatically lower stats.

Arika
Dec 12, 2008, 04:10 AM
I don't think this is possible, the GBR is 4 weeks period, and the master class would totally destroy the tournament that they are holding right now.

Chibi_psu
Dec 12, 2008, 04:29 AM
if we have anything it would be rappy noel and MAYBE(AND I WISH) story mission 6 next week.And thats all. I dont think master classes will come so soon

Cracka_J
Dec 12, 2008, 08:17 AM
the master class would totally destroy the tournament that they are holding right now.

There's a tournament going on right now? :-?

/sarcasm

Golto
Dec 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
I don't think this is possible, the GBR is 4 weeks period, and the master class would totally destroy the tournament that they are holding right now.

I thought one of the rules of this tournament was each character has to stay the same type all the way through.

Gobolino
Dec 12, 2008, 11:52 AM
I only just want some item to make my meele attacks more faster

DreXxiN
Dec 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I kinda agree it'd throw off the tourney.

amtalx
Dec 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
The increase in level cap after people had already locked in their times did more to disturb the tournament than Master classes would. You aren't allowed to change your class, even between rounds.

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
well i heard from a GM not too long ago that we are getting 2 more updates before we get the carnival because i asked him "when will we be gettin the carnival" and he said "there 2 more updates before we get it " i said "so after xmas" and he said "definatly" so were gettin the carnival at the start of next year so the masterclasses will be coming before the carnival!? i hope this helps :)

Darius_Drake
Dec 12, 2008, 01:05 PM
I thought the GBR was only 2 weeks.

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
no the gbr is a month i think like the last one was i no pain!! but im not too sure :S

Calsetes
Dec 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
All I have to say about the master classes is I definitely don't plan on using the Fighmaster class. Only using like 5 melee weapons and no guns isn't my style, especially when I only use one weapon on the list. Still, it'd be a good "heavy-hitter" class, at least. Didn't really have a chance to look at the other 2 yet, but if they're the same way, I probably wouldn't use them, either.

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
hey! at least one of my characters are gunna have a master class and that is my fortetecher so im not fond of them either i just want the new story mission and the carnival then i will be satfied and now i no when the carnival is coming so all i need to do is wait :)

Alnet
Dec 12, 2008, 02:29 PM
well i heard from a GM not too long ago that we are getting 2 more updates before we get the carnival because i asked him "when will we be gettin the carnival" and he said "there 2 more updates before we get it " i said "so after xmas" and he said "definatly" so were gettin the carnival at the start of next year so the masterclasses will be coming before the carnival!? i hope this helps :)
If that's the case, it's Christmas Lobbies/Rappy Noel and probably The Arms Dealer. Since we pretty much skipped the Carnival for now, our schedule is open to anything.

I don't expect to see Master Types until the carnival either has been around for some time or is over. They know how easy it would be to max out new classes from that, and they want to keep us playing, of course.

xBladeM6x
Dec 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
They could just not allow master classes. :???:

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
no that wont happen like they said 2 more udates before the carnival so the masterclasses could be in either 1 of them 2 updates

Cracka_J
Dec 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
They could just not allow master classes. :???:

The only reason I think they're saying masters would ruin the event is because the inherit speed bonus would allow competitors to max out low-mid 30 PA's to 40 for their forte classes very quickly.

Which I don't really see as a problem either...the tourney should be about strategy anyway, and who could plan the best. Not a battle of who has a higher PA level.

Seriously, that's the worst that releasing master classes can do. They can't use them in the tourney, so all you're looking at is increased competitor PA levels. OMG NOES.

Darius_Drake
Dec 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
no the gbr is a month i think like the last one was i no pain!! but im not too sure :S

Thank you. I checked on another site and you are right, it said it runs till January 8th.

xBladeM6x
Dec 12, 2008, 03:46 PM
with you on that one, from now on i don't think i'll log on until the monday after just to make sure things got worked out. At least if they do a rollback i'm only loosing a few hours vs days of work
The only reason that we had rollback was because they did the SoA Power Maintenance thing. And it got messed up. There isn't going to be a power maintenance every update. :nono: Therefore no rollback.

goaferboy
Dec 12, 2008, 04:44 PM
The sooner the better for me. I've been ready to switch over the GM for a while now. God I hated being a guntecher! Now my pallette, armour, units and levels are all ready. Bring it on!

DarkEliteRico
Dec 12, 2008, 05:22 PM
The only reason that we had rollback was because they did the SoA Power Maintenance thing. And it got messed up. There isn't going to be a power maintenance every update. :nono: Therefore no rollback.
you haven't been around nearly as long as I have in game trust me on that. This isn't the first oppsy they've had and it sure as hell won't be the last. First off if they knew how to properly back up their fucking data we wouldn't have rollbacks like this now would we, they knew they'd have to take things down.

lumia fanatic
Dec 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
erm but i have been here as long as the games been out and to tell you something we wnt be having another rollback for a good while unless there is a specificully good reason to why there will be so no need to worry about any rollbacks or nothing :)

Zorak000
Dec 13, 2008, 12:46 AM

... not like there were any problems the last time they introduced new classes... oh wait...

xBladeM6x
Dec 13, 2008, 01:07 AM
you haven't been around nearly as long as I have in game trust me on that. This isn't the first oppsy they've had and it sure as hell won't be the last. First off if they knew how to properly back up their fucking data we wouldn't have rollbacks like this now would we, they knew they'd have to take things down.
Actually I have been coming here since PSU first came out. I just never joined until 2007 on another account. Then made this one. >_> I'm not saying that I have been here longer, just that I'm not some recent visitor.

I wasn't trying to be an ass, so don't look down on me like I'm ignorant. I'm just saying that they entire reason they fucked up was because they poorly planned the power maintenance, and because they didn't back their data up properly. Therefore causing the rollback. Which would mean that it isn't going to happen again for that reason.

And i know this isn't the first or last time they will mess up. The most you can do it just hope that they don't mess up when something really good happens. If it does. Well the only options are to quit, or get over it.

Edit: Also, this reply isn't meant to be disrespectful. I'm just stating my end of the conversation.

... not like there were any problems the last time they introduced new classes... oh wait...
Just No.

lumia fanatic
Dec 13, 2008, 07:36 AM

yea same here ive been on as long as the games been published and they have hardly ever done rollbacks unless they were for very dicreet reason so i no for a fact there will not be a roll back for a while! i can assure you of that:D!

blkbeast
Dec 13, 2008, 06:58 PM
why dosent japan ever have roolbacks..and if they do why dont we ever hear about them?

lumia fanatic
Dec 13, 2008, 07:38 PM
why dosent japan ever have roolbacks..and if they do why dont we ever hear about them?

the only reason that they havent a rollback was prbably because they havent a had a serious situation as much as we had i mean were suppose to be up to date the same time or near enought the same time of japan but we arent so thats probably why i dont you its just my therory but they most prablaly had a roll back but we just havent heard about it :) but dont worry too much about it

Green_Bandit
Dec 13, 2008, 07:39 PM
Maybe because they don't cry about it perhaps...

CromartieDude
Dec 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
Don't hold your breath.

lumia fanatic
Dec 13, 2008, 07:40 PM

yeh thats prbably true but at the end of the day we get the updates dont we? so theres no point in the moaning the upsates just take longer than the japanese do because dont forget psu is a japanese game in the first place!

blkbeast
Dec 13, 2008, 08:06 PM

so a ?tion is crying?
ok coo

Zeek123
Dec 15, 2008, 01:46 AM
God I hated being a guntecher!

I hear that!

nyu
Dec 18, 2008, 11:53 PM
besides the weapons what is the point of the fighmaster they are weaker then fortefighter.

darkante
Dec 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
besides the weapons what is the point of the fighmaster they are weaker then fortefighter.

Speed is what the difference is between them, therefor Fighmaster do more DPS. (damage per second)

Atomic646
Dec 19, 2008, 12:12 AM
I'd renew in January if we do get masters before then.
Otherwise, I'll break for awhile until we get them.

I really don't care anymore about all the events, masters alone would keep me playing.

Well Break out the Whisky err... eggnog and Come on back ,unless sega screws this up too, in less than 12hrs most everyone will be a level 1 Master Class.

Calsetes
Dec 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
Bah, heck with the master classes. Unless they make something like a Master Swordsman that uses swords, sabers, twin sabers, and double sabers. Then I'd be all for it.