PDA

View Full Version : New Scans - 12/11/08

Percival
Dec 11, 2008, 03:09 PM
Scans here: Page 1 (http://www.tg-media.net/upload/images/1zero2.jpg), Page 2 (http://www.tg-media.net/upload/images/1zero.jpg).

Dis I just spot English text?!

Are those chat bubbles pre-programmed in the game or are they user editable? I thought we only had visual chat for communication? Interesting…

It looks like even Newmen mechas have funny boots :)
(Assuming this mecha was built by newmen of course. I make this assumption because it is a boss on the moon)

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
The 'switch please' might indeed be a quick select sentence. Good catch. Can't really tell by the word OK, though. I've seen it used often enough by japanese speakers. Consider it an english saying that's been included in the pop-culture vernacular.

It's nice of them also to include both english and japanese texts for the area descriptions, though.

Only thing is, all those faces I see in the chat. Do they expect everybody to be able to draw like that? :)

I'll probably end up making pictures using that wonderful www.xkcd.com (website) level of graphic art. :)

Saphion
Dec 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
The return of Word Select? I find it doubtful, but I'd love it to be true.

Zarode
Dec 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh god please. Word select made PSO playable. Seriously.

Well, for a C-moder like me, it did. :wacko:

Gemel
Dec 11, 2008, 04:29 PM
I think the english is from the random games you join.

Remember when you join a random game it comes with predetermined chat bubbles?

Inspector88
Dec 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
The bottom right green box may be of interest to some. It has two menus. One named Enemy Collector and the other named Photon Collector. It looks like you'll be able to trade photon drops for items like in PSO. The ones listed are Harisen, Twinkle Star, not sure about the third, animal hand, and what looks like Double Scythe.

Risingsun
Dec 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=2734#p2734
here is a translation of the scan by EspioKaos on the PSUPedia forums:

Fixed sentence chat (word select)
* While playing "free play" (i.e. with unknown people), this is the only way to communicate.
* Shougai elaborates on how the word select feature works, but I'm sure we all know, so I'll spare you guys the details.

Wi-fi play (1-4 players)
* Game modes for multi-mode include "friend play" (for those who have shared friend codes), "free play" (you can meet new people) and "single play."
* Single play lets you play alone.
* It also features different quests from what the story mode offers.
* Enemies in single play mode will have higher stats than those from story mode.
* While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.
* You can view various stats about your friends through their guild cards. This includes how many people are in their party.

Photon collector shop
* Cities have these underground shops where you can exchange Photon Drops for weapons and other items.
* Twinkle Star is one such exchange.
* Looking at the scans, Harisen, Eight Ounce, Animal Hand and Double Size are some more weapons you can get here.

Enemy collector shops
* These are secret underground shops in the cities that take in any enemy parts you find to create enemy weapons from them.

I know it looks like there's more information at Shougai, but they're just listing a bunch of PSO items as examples of PD and enemy part exchanges.

DeathMachine
Dec 12, 2008, 12:04 AM
You're right, Percy! The robot DOES have FOnewmn boots! 12" platform boots are back in style! Oh, and I'm psyched that Monster Parts are back too!

Saphion
Dec 12, 2008, 05:48 AM
* While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.

No freakin' way. This is awesome!

ShadowInferno119
Dec 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
No freakin' way. This is awesome!
lol, I seen that coming it only made sense Why else have it under the "WiFi" category. Besides to play solo, but still know who's online. Hopefully you can send messages and what not to your friends through that mode, or the menu screen also. (Only seems reasonable, like saying, "Can I join your party." >< )

Oh and I seen the RAcast in one of the scans is lvl 64, I'm thinking the level cap is 100+ I doubt it its 99, but thats possible. I'm hoping for ATLEAST 150. lol. (Yes I'm a grinder, maple story made me that way)

Oh post 100 kthnks.

Dragwind
Dec 13, 2008, 03:50 AM
It's so comforting to see the word select in some kind of action. Knowing that we could always play with other JP players while communicating in word select like old days is great. I can't forget to mention how awesome the friend notifications and stat viewing is.

furrypaws
Dec 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
Oh and I seen the RAcast in one of the scans is lvl 64, I'm thinking the level cap is 100+ I doubt it its 99, but thats possible. I'm hoping for ATLEAST 150. lol. (Yes I'm a grinder, maple story made me that way)

With the way the trend is going, I'm going to say it's either going to be 100 or 200, simply because that's been the cap of every action combat PSO/U game so far (yeah, AoI has a moving cap, but it will reach 200 eventually). PSO EP3 is exxcluded because the level had no direct relation on actual gameplay, just on cards you received. Anyways, I'm leaning towards 200, as that was classic PSO cap. I don't think they'd make an expansion, as the only way to transfer characters (besides possibly some sort of online storage, like you send up your character from your old game, log into the expansion and redownload it) would be through either some GBA memory card device or through the DSi. While the GBA memory card wouldn't be a pain so long as Sega didn't sell it seperately, the DSi would indeed be a pain in the butt for all those not wanting to buy one.

Anyways, I'm going to say 200 is the most likely cap here, due to this being already close to PSO through character classes, items, and just general things in gameplay.

DeathMachine
Dec 14, 2008, 02:24 AM
They could have a maximum of 200, but they may have the game program respond to a WiFi signal that causes it to start at, say 75, then after a certain time, that forementioned signal causes the game to respond by bumping it to 120, and so on and so forth until the maximum is obtained. This is speculation based on the information that Nintendo has done this with a puzzle game. They most likely won't, but I like to explore the possibilities and probabilities. (It's a Cast thing :P )

Percival
Dec 14, 2008, 02:38 AM
I doubt very much that we'll see level capping is PSŲ.

I think that level capping (and uncapping) is little more than a "trick" they use to bring back some players who had stopped playing. (i.e.: Stopped paying their monthly fee)

If my theory is right, level capping would serve no purpose in a game for which you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, but my money is on no temporary cap and max level of 200.

DeathMachine
Dec 14, 2008, 02:47 AM
Yours is the more likely scenario...

Percival
Dec 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
You can find a translation for the scans here (http://gametsunami.com/2008/12/14/phantasy-star-zero-new-scans-three-online-modes-story-info-and-more/).

DeathMachine
Dec 15, 2008, 12:40 AM
Looking at the translations made me calculate some questions: Will different races fight bosses in different orders? Based off of the data I received, Newmans are sure to fight the squid first. Casts start off in the snowfield first though. No where near the squid/octopus. Which also brings up the knowledge that NPCs will react differently to each race. Would that mean you ally with different story characters too, even if just in different orders? Will we even meet the same NPCs?

DeathMachine
Dec 15, 2008, 11:10 PM
I went back to the official site (for the lulz), and when I saw the video for the game again, I noticed that the robo-boss Pelvic-Thrusts to start the fight. I felt so confused. I didn't think he could have that kind of urge (although, designed by Newmen, anything is possible...).

(I'm fully aware that it's his transformation scene, btw)

Tummai
Dec 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
You can find a translation for the scans here (http://gametsunami.com/2008/12/14/phantasy-star-zero-new-scans-three-online-modes-story-info-and-more/).

Thanks for the link Percival, and for helping me find these forums! Anytime I translate Phantasy Star related news, I'll be sure to post it up here as soon as possible.

Risingsun
Dec 16, 2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the link Percival, and for helping me find these forums! Anytime I translate Phantasy Star related news, I'll be sure to post it up here as soon as possible.

Hey welcome to the site, and once again, really nice translation.

Tummai
Dec 16, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hey welcome to the site, and once again, really nice translation.

Thanks. Glad to be here. I have some catching up to do :)

Percival
Dec 16, 2008, 09:28 AM

Welcome and make yourself at home. Love the clean design of your site and the topics you cover. I'm also a big dragon warrior fan by the way. Consider yourself bookmarked.

CLARK
Dec 16, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'm certainly looking foward and hoping for an official U.S. release announcement...