PDA

View Full Version : PSU PVP?

sportmike789
Dec 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ok, I know sum1 already posted a thread about this already, but it sucked, so I want to re-write it. I think we should have PvP in PSU... but we should keep it steady, like the ones in WoW, because those are fun, and not messed up. A bunch of people on one team, and a bunch on the other, and theres an objective. I strongly suggest Warsong Gulch, and if I should post this on a different site, tell me which one, because I want to get it the makers of PSU, so they can read it and maybe approve of it. Thx!^^:-D:yes:

str898mustang
Dec 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
enough with these topics theres never gonna be PvP so give it up

Noc Codez
Dec 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
I personally Agree with str898mustang on the subject.. there is no room for pvp in PSU....
you want PVP go back to w.o.w

ThaiSoup
Dec 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
This gets posted just about every other month. With all the knockdown with melee. And the inability to move with some guns while shooting. Not including the fact that you could 1 shot each other. They would have to redo the whole stats/damage coding just for these. There are so many flaws with the idea of PvP in PSU that here, something you would understand. People would complain about it more then WoW people whine about Pally's, and probally now DK's being OP. Second, the Battlegrounds on WoW gets so boring so quickly. I'm more of a world pvp type of person. So I don't agree with you. I in no way mean no offense, but stating some facts, and my opinion.

The best place to post this would be the official forums, but even then it wouldn't go straight to the makers. Sega US is like a publisher. They don't make anything/add anything from scatch. Its all stuff from the JP PSU translated, and distribute it in other languages.

xRedd206x
Dec 13, 2008, 04:58 PM
Lol that Pic is UBER LOLZ, but again on the pvp who knows? Just like people saying we are never going to get an update again for the same for pvp.

Voison
Dec 13, 2008, 05:02 PM
Let the poor Guy Dream.

PSO PvP Was Fun. :(

keizeh
Dec 13, 2008, 05:15 PM
Let the poor Guy Dream.

PSO PvP Was Fun. :(

Lmao,I remember owning all my friends that were about half my level.
I never let them stand up long enough to hit me....especially with techs.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 13, 2008, 05:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Setzer1025/facepalm.jpg

my EXACT reaction. PSO tried and failed not gonna work here

Rust
Dec 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
Old poll is old.

chaoskila
Dec 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
o say it a thousand times but yes it would be fun.

Kylie
Dec 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
What the hell, sure. 8-) Might be fun to try it, even if I know it'd be broken.

Alnet
Dec 13, 2008, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't personally do it, but if it makes other people happy, then I don't care. This is all hypothetical, since it's obvious that there's like a -1% chance of it occurring.

I still voted "no", though, since I'm not a fan of the idea.

Meta77
Dec 13, 2008, 08:52 PM
i wouldnt mind having it. Plus the guns that require you to stand still......hmm ever heard of shooting then moving.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 13, 2008, 09:59 PM
No. We have enough of these threads. And I don't know how or what makes this Thread more interesting than the other ones since its about the SAME DAMN THING.
Look at how the fights with Humanoid enemies are. See how you knock them down with Rifle shots, or send them flying with your PA's and Grenades? Yeah, think of it like that.
For something like PVP, they're gonna have to re-code and re-balance EVERYTHING to make it work. Do you think ST is gonna do that? XD Hell no.

If we by some miracle, get it, it would make tons of people happy though. So whatever.

xTwiztidClown
Dec 13, 2008, 10:43 PM
If there was no lag and rewards than yes. It would be fun.

ashley50
Dec 13, 2008, 11:58 PM
play PSO for PvP, kapische?

Arika
Dec 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
It would be fun if they can make it balance, that is it.
which mean a lot of things need to readjust for that.

DarthLasek
Dec 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
The only PvP there should ever be are Races and that is it...enough with trying to prove your 1337 status

Kumlekar
Dec 14, 2008, 02:16 AM
Do I think that pvp would be a nice suprise and addition to psu? yes. For your reasons? no. WOW is crap, please do not try to turn psu into wow. If psu had pvp, it would have to be a minigame design with no major rewards. There is absolutely no way to get a balanced pvp system to work in PSU. The entire thing would be rock paper scissors, only in this case scissors loses to paper. As for why I would like it? It would be fun to go beat each other up, would have to be a massive free for all. I doubt PSU servers could handle it though. Maybe if the tech display changes came out before hand.
1v1:
Gunners kill mages easy. (straight damage comparison, combined with attack speed and ability to aim)

Gunner versus melee is a bit of a toss up, but I bet on FG or GM just based on lv 31+ rifle bullets. Theres no way for a fighter to get into melee. Discounting rifles, melee wins hands down due to knockback abilities. (Assuming they are good enough to dodge a grenade launcher) The other exception would be paralysis which would destroy either side (this benefits hybird classes)

Melee versus Force is no contest, its too hard to aim spells as a force.

Ironically I could see a guntecher defeating any onther class 1v1. Lv 31+ Ice Rifle. Realitively high leveled lightning card/crossbow, + resta? Maybe a fighgunner with tornado dance could touch him... maybe.

In large scale team or free-for-all? Protranser and Techers destroy everything with ex traps and ra spells, the last couple people clean up based on the earlier comparisons.

So instead of arguing about if we should have PVP, lets argue about what class would win in 1v1 and 2v2 matches.

My vote? GunTecher

Finalzone
Dec 14, 2008, 02:22 AM
If PvP means racing with airboard or scooter, trying to run while dodging trap and interesting mingame, that is fine. If it means to try to kill each other, NO. Once say, I think this topic should be locked until SEGA decide to include that battle mode.

Arande
Dec 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
Think the closest thing to pvp we'll see is with the carnival (If I recall, one mission is where each player pays a bunch of tickets to enter a maze with a bunch of zon spheres, and players use traps and switches to hinder the others)

Thoguh I've always thoguht striker battles would be fun :D

magenta
Dec 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
id say no, mainly because youd get the same bunch of turds like in psobb (like **** ******* and pals) who use this a form of bullying and expressing playground mentality, and win through cheating nonetheless.

DEM_CIG
Dec 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
No, because this game isnt a pvp game. It could be but I don't think I would be good for the game.

Majarra
Dec 14, 2008, 05:56 PM
Terrible idea. Once again rangers would be almighty. And SEGA cant even keep up with content updates let alone add a whole new gametype.