PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 We need more Materials in the NPC store.

rayner
Dec 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yes we've seen the complaints about the ever rising price of items on the Xbox 360 servers. It's kinda funny when I find a [B] Stormline then need 20 Nanopolymers and the cheapest is 160K. It seems like the drop-rate of boards is outweighed by the materials to make them. There needs to be an NPC meseta-sync to lower the amount of total meseta in circulation. Before AoI when a weapon broke in a grind it was gone forever... meseta had value, and it droped in less quantities. If there were Polymers / 10* metals / Walna in the NPC store at a reasonable price we'd see a depreciation in weapon prices and players that find that rare-board can actually MAKE the dam thing ( still subject to failure )

We would also benefit from a Gemstone converter... I like the look of certain weapons like Crea Doubles... Svaltus Sword and they need 15 Goldania... at 100K+ each ( GBR Parum is helping ) I have 2 boards each which I found myself, and I just don't see it beneficial to create them... they have to be 30% or higher to break even... which I could just sell the materials myself and not gamble for a high % If we had a Gemstone Converter I may try it because I have an abundance of other Gemstones and it would be nice to use them toward a weapon I will actually use.

Lastly I have to make mention of the "squatters" If a person has the time & meseta to be annoying they can corner the market on a certain material. It happens each day with Catilium / Walna / Polymers. They go to each store... buy out the cheap price materials and re-sell them in their store for the cheapest because THEY bought out the competition. It's the same person that has 99 Par Walna every morning... if there was an NPC price then these people will be done with... oh sure the solution is to buy it before these people, but they seem to be on ALL THE TIME!!!

SolomonGrundy
Dec 15, 2008, 11:20 AM
that's the point - the game wants you to hunt. If you need materials, I suggest picking a GBR mission that you can handle solo and spamming it.

Goldania is not all that rare anymore. I see 1-2 drop every S2 mission run

Seority
Dec 15, 2008, 11:23 AM
Take out scape dolls in the shops and make us techers useful again!

>:O

amtalx
Dec 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
I've found that the balance of woods to weapon boards is fine. I have never almost never had more boards that materials needed to make them. Nanopolymer is a bit of an exception because everyone wants the same 5 armors and they are all GRM. If people spread the love to Yohmei or Tenora armors, it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

I'm not a big fan of the Gemstone converter... Basically you are saying "I have enough materials for item A, but I want to make item B. Let me change the materials from A into the materials for B."

You are going to see price gouging in any game where there are items available for purchase via player shops only. The only way to fix it would be to put everything in NPC shops, which would be stupid.

Billy Mitchell
Dec 15, 2008, 11:32 AM
I would like to be able to reach through the internet and choke people. Can we get that?

DarkEliteRico
Dec 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
I honestly wouldn't mind this somewhat, some materials don't drop nearly enough and when you need 15, if you mass synth items it's a pain in the ass.

rayner
Dec 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
I've found that the balance of woods to weapon boards is fine. I have never almost never had more boards that materials needed to make them. Nanopolymer is a bit of an exception because everyone wants the same 5 armors and they are all GRM. If people spread the love to Yohmei or Tenora armors, it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

I'm not a big fan of the Gemstone converter... Basically you are saying "I have enough materials for item A, but I want to make item B. Let me change the materials from A into the materials for B."

You are going to see price gouging in any game where there are items available for purchase via player shops only. The only way to fix it would be to put everything in NPC shops, which would be stupid.

I hunt certain missions just for the Materials, and I try to play solo so I can actually be awarded what I'm searching for... as opposed to have a random chance of 1/5 or 1/6... to get it. I play Sleeping Warriors S2 for Nanopolymers, Catilium... and Relic Edges, Sakura Blast for New Walna and any outdoor mission for Par Walna. I'm not saying that I want to BUY ALL the materials to make an item. Let me give a scenario of what I'm talking about...

I've played Sleeping Warriors S2 and acquired 11 Nanopolymers yesterday, I can put them up for 150K and the Polymer squater will snatch them up and make 10K off each of mine. I'll get 1,650,000 meseta... or I could buy 9 Nanopolymers for 1,440,000 meseta and make one. From my perspective I have to create a Stormline that would sell for at least 3.0 million meseta... or I was just better off selling my materials and buying the one that the squatter's meseta padded in the creation of one.

Now if those Nanopolymers were in the store for 75K each I'd buy the 9 for 675K and try for the Stormline, sure I may be out 1.3 million meseta but it's a better trade-off than 3 million and then the armor actually has to come out, also I will be giving that 675K back to the system, not a squatter.

Or I can play Sleeping Warriors S2 until I have all 20 Nanopolymers and then make it... and fail like the last one and be out 3+ million again? I hate this gamble... I feel like I'm not getting anywhere but spending my time, while someone just manipulates the prices and gets whatever weapons / armor they want? Aren't we supposed to play this game?

JAFO22000
Dec 15, 2008, 12:04 PM
Or, even better, they should just make EVERYTHING that drops available in NPC store. That would be the best "meseta sync" and would lower the total meseta buy allot!! Than, u woodn't haf to hunt for ANYTHINGE exsept meseteta.....

tadtwisted
Dec 15, 2008, 12:11 PM

i agree they should remove scapes from the shops to make the game a little more challenging, that way you either have to find them or make your own (gives you a reson to find a [b] scape doll ) and they need to return to the old format, if you have to leave the mission because you died you loose your s-rank but if you use a scape or a techer brings you back your o.k. (bots would not count if they died), also if you leave the mission because you die it should not affect the whole party's rank

Darius_Drake
Dec 15, 2008, 12:23 PM

Well, that is a nice thought. Problem is that many techers don't want to be seen as a healing bot so that is not really a good plan. I don't badger any techers regardless of how they play cause I also have a techer character, but I do heal. Some techers just want to use their attack spells and will get mad if you ask for buffs or healing. I would just rather have a full stack of scape dolls and healing items on my FF and if there is a good techer in the group then it is a major plus, other wise I can still cover myself.

To the original poster. I feel you on some of your ideas. You need to realize though that some of the so called squatters you are talking about may be in this very forum. Your ideas are actually going to kill one of the ways they make money. Some of the materials do need to be more available. I have four characters and I have a pure striking, range, tech and armor pm. I barely get to use them know because of a lack of materials as you have stated. I basically have to wait for the GBR events to even make items. I do hunt for items by doing S2 missions on solo, but lets say I hunt Nanopolymers in Sleeping Warriors S2. I only seem to find them if I have 3* luck, which hardly ever happens since I am a male beast. In a sense I am almost to the point where I feel like I wasted my time making a pure pm for each category. It was no problem when I was making C, B, and A rank items. Now that I am making S ranks it seems pretty pointless sometimes. I can basically buy most of the weapons cheaper than I can make them. That can't be how it was designed.

amtalx
Dec 15, 2008, 12:41 PM
I hunt certain missions just for the Materials, and I try to play solo so I can actually be awarded what I'm searching for... as opposed to have a random chance of 1/5 or 1/6... to get it. I play Sleeping Warriors S2 for Nanopolymers, Catilium... and Relic Edges, Sakura Blast for New Walna and any outdoor mission for Par Walna. I'm not saying that I want to BUY ALL the materials to make an item. Let me give a scenario of what I'm talking about...

I've played Sleeping Warriors S2 and acquired 11 Nanopolymers yesterday, I can put them up for 150K and the Polymer squater will snatch them up and make 10K off each of mine. I'll get 1,650,000 meseta... or I could buy 9 Nanopolymers for 1,440,000 meseta and make one. From my perspective I have to create a Stormline that would sell for at least 3.0 million meseta... or I was just better off selling my materials and buying the one that the squatter's meseta padded in the creation of one.

Now if those Nanopolymers were in the store for 75K each I'd buy the 9 for 675K and try for the Stormline, sure I may be out 1.3 million meseta but it's a better trade-off than 3 million and then the armor actually has to come out, also I will be giving that 675K back to the system, not a squatter.

Or I can play Sleeping Warriors S2 until I have all 20 Nanopolymers and then make it... and fail like the last one and be out 3+ million again? I hate this gamble... I feel like I'm not getting anywhere but spending my time, while someone just manipulates the prices and gets whatever weapons / armor they want? Aren't we supposed to play this game?

Its a free market economy. Crush or be crushed. :D

rayner
Dec 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
Or, even better, they should just make EVERYTHING that drops available in NPC store. That would be the best "meseta sync" and would lower the total meseta buy allot!! Than, u woodn't haf to hunt for ANYTHINGE exsept meseteta.....

I'm just talking about materials... not BOARDS... which should be the bulk of what makes the item it creates worth anything. Why is it more expensive to make a Gizaha-zashi then if I would just buy the dam thing from a player store? From the squatter? Take the Catilium + Neu Walna and I can buy a 34%+ from the Player stores for less... unbroken.

You can buy Neu Ebon from stores... Stelinium... why charge more in Player shops than what the NPC store sells it for? Better yet, How about there ARE NO STORES?! Let the squatters take ALL the items and just keep increasing their price? That way only the MOST uber items are even worth the Catilium to make it?

Darius_Drake
Dec 15, 2008, 01:19 PM
Since the Ork woods are starting to come out it would be nice if they just add the Walnas to the npc stores. That would seem to keep it pretty consistent. The uber rares would need Ork which could only be found in missions or in player shops and the older rares would use Walnas that could now be found in the npc stores.

DreXxiN
Dec 15, 2008, 01:23 PM
Let's just make the game easier and have everything require less effort...*Sigh*

Seority
Dec 15, 2008, 01:24 PM
Well, that is a nice thought. Problem is that many techers don't want to be seen as a healing bot so that is not really a good plan. I don't badger any techers regardless of how they play cause I also have a techer character, but I do heal. Some techers just want to use their attack spells and will get mad if you ask for buffs or healing. I would just rather have a full stack of scape dolls and healing items on my FF and if there is a good techer in the group then it is a major plus, other wise I can still cover myself.

Why does everyone thinks it SUCKS to be a healer? Like honestly. I like it when I'm a fighter and I can just go off and rampage on stuff w/o having to worry about my stupid HP all the time. Sadly, techers arn't useful for anything besides themselves! It's kinda like, sure you can waste your life leveling techs, but you can do more damage in 1/20th the time if you go fighter/gunner. Just kinda sad. We are unneeded in parties since people can just solo/duo things with scape dolls at ready. Why do you think we wish to be un-useful when are classes are specifically designed to help in parties? I think if the scape dolls disappeared, we'd be way more appriciated and not just looked at as "Oh, you actually spent all that time on techs? Grats I spose."

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 15, 2008, 01:26 PM
Since the Ork woods are starting to come out it would be nice if they just add the Walnas to the npc stores. That would seem to keep it pretty consistent. The uber rares would need Ork which could only be found in missions or in player shops and the older rares would use Walnas that could now be found in the npc stores.
You do realize that, at the very most, only three boards would require Par Ork, one would require Neu Ork, and zero would require Mot Ork, right?

Oh, and of all of those, only one requiring Par Ork is released on any server.

rayner
Dec 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
Let's just make the game easier and have everything require less effort...*Sigh*

If Nanopolymers were available in NPC stores at 75K a piece how exactly does that make the game easier? All that will happen is that the price of the boards to make say a Stormline increase and it puts a cap of 75K to player stores on a Nanopolymer? All that is stopped is that the squatter can't sit on his millions and snatch required materials to make anything. If you don't need Nanopolymers no-one is stopping you from selling it for 74,999 meseta?

You will still need to find the board to make the Stormline? Why am I hunting materials and NOT RARE WEAPONS??!!! This is annoying the hell outta me...

Golto
Dec 15, 2008, 01:32 PM
I think they should release the 1st tier srank material converter boards. They exist but ST just doesn't want to release them online.

Darius_Drake
Dec 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
Why does everyone thinks it SUCKS to be a healer? Like honestly. I like it when I'm a fighter and I can just go off and rampage on stuff w/o having to worry about my stupid HP all the time. Sadly, techers arn't useful for anything besides themselves! It's kinda like, sure you can waste your life leveling techs, but you can do more damage in 1/20th the time if you go fighter/gunner. Just kinda sad. We are unneeded in parties since people can just solo/duo things with scape dolls at ready. Why do you think we wish to be un-useful when are classes are specifically designed to help in parties? I think if the scape dolls disappeared, we'd be way more appriciated and not just looked at as "Oh, you actually spent all that time on techs? Grats I spose."

I have no clue. I love it when I am in a group and I know the healer has my back. It's hard to force people to depend on a class when many people who use the class (I am not saying you) will get mad if people ask for a heal. Nobody in any group ever called a techer a healing slave, but many techers I grouped with claimed they felt that way. Good techers are appreciated in the groups I play in right now, trust me on that one.

You do realize that, at the very most, only three boards would require Par Ork, one would require Neu Ork, and zero would require Mot Ork, right?

Oh, and of all of those, only one requiring Par Ork is released on any server.

Yes, I do. I also realize that for most of the S ranks we have now it is cheaper to buy the weapons themselves than it is to buy the materials to make the weapons. That makes having a range and tech pm worthless. It makes having a striking pm nothing but a gamble on trying to get a real high percent element when a make isn't even guaranteed. This makes the system of making weapons kind of broken. I find it would be better if these materials were sold in the npc stores. I would actually get rid of higher level boards from the npc stores. I know that the stores don't sell S rank boards, but I would probably get rid of the A rank boards. In its current state it is more lucrative to just sell the materials than it is to use them to make weapons. That is pretty much what I am focusing on. Yes there are very few weapons that would require Ork. Those weapons will be ultra rare and not everyone will be able to get there hands on those boards. If you get your hands on one of those boards you will be itching to make the weapon regardless of price. In this instance it is understandable if you have to pay a super high price for materials because of the elite status of the weapon itself.

Proff
Dec 15, 2008, 02:45 PM
I agree that these materials and/or higher rank conversion boards, are a must for NPC shops. Blame poor game design, when I can go buy several Bil De Axes for 2-3 mil a pop, when it takes 15 Morbinia to make one. Check the price of Morbinia, especially when certain holiday drops, that require 30, are fresh.

10-12 star conversion boards aren't something that would break PSU. 100 Goldania would probably convert to 10 or 20 Morbinia. Hardly something that's going to break our precious little game.