PDA

View Full Version : Theres people living in mah game!

unicorn
Dec 16, 2008, 03:20 AM
Its kinda scary when you see someone on your partner card list online ALL the time. o_o;

I have like 3 people that are ALWAYS on. I dunno how they do it. Its kinda sad when you think about it.... Do they eat? Well they must be eating something if they weigh twice my size, but it reeeally makes you think! :0

And they have the best stuff too. I hate it. I hate it because I go to school and try to do well at it. I also make time in my schedule to exercise, so I don't become fragile and unhealthy. And I spend a lot of time looking for pr0n so there goes a couple hours out of my week.

You know. When you're bored with a game, but you still NEED to play it....its kinda an addiction. Like drugs.

Ketchup345
Dec 16, 2008, 06:53 AM
Are they always active? Some people might just leave themselves logged in and idling while being physically away.

unicorn
Dec 16, 2008, 08:13 AM
I know what you mean because sometimes I idle but, I mean like ALWAYS playing.

Seority
Dec 16, 2008, 09:43 AM
Most of the time, people like that are just idling on their PS2/PS3's etc while they go off and do other things. Sure, I bet they play more then you anyway, but I know that most of them are actually doing other things most of the time.
Besides, school is way more important then PSU and I'd rather be there then idling on PSU x3

Aisha379
Dec 16, 2008, 11:04 AM
Its the exact opposite for me. Everyone's dead in my game, because every time I login theres hardly ever anyone on =(

At least if they're always online, you'll always have someone you can play with? *shrug*

It is a little sad though.

Alnet
Dec 16, 2008, 12:58 PM
There are a few people who I am surprised to not see on sometimes. Allegedly, I used to be one of those people, and I can believe it.

DreXxiN
Dec 16, 2008, 01:20 PM
It's Barnacleez!

Kylie
Dec 16, 2008, 01:58 PM
Eh, I don't really care. Said people are usually great to play with... unless they're the kind of selfish bastards that only see you as extra damage and treat you like it. I mean, it bothers me if anyone is addicted to anything because I feel sorry for them, but that's their problem. It's not my place to judge them unless it directly affects me.

CelestialBlade
Dec 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
It's Barnacleez!
Yes XD Barn's always on.

Most of those on-all-the-time people are idling or AFK-bullet leveling.

Syl
Dec 17, 2008, 12:53 AM
Always hear Barn talk about stuff he's trying to sell or trade for, a way for me to still keep touch with the PSU economy/market lol.

I used to AFK in missions a lot because quite frankly soloing can get quite boring >_>

gorefiend
Dec 17, 2008, 03:39 AM
Lol yeah syl, i know what you mean, in wow if you idle, it loggs you out in like 10 minutes, so im like shit! logg back in!

SStrikerR
Dec 17, 2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah back when I played a few months ago all I did was de ragan looking for a kan yu, and I'd often stop midway through and sleep/eat/drool. It's fairly common I guess.

Noblewine
Dec 17, 2008, 06:44 PM
I rarely see any of my contacts on whenever I'm on nowadays because most of them quit. I don't really see anything strang about people being idle while in a lobby. I know a couple of people I occassionally run with who would go afk and respond back to a message inviting them to run a mission.

unicorn
Dec 17, 2008, 09:40 PM
No I don't mean they're AFK.

They're in missions. And they're not in an afk lvling mission. They're hunting ALL day. Some of them told me they even skip school to play.

SStrikerR
Dec 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
Well then that's just sad. =/

Nitro Vordex
Dec 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
Some of them told me they even skip school to play.This must be their first MMO or something, because this game is hardly worth skipping school for.

I wouldn't mind joining the game again though, if my computer didn't suck so much.

Rust
Dec 17, 2008, 11:09 PM
It's Barnacleez!

Now that you talk about it...

OMG, yes... o_O

But yeah, like Nitro said, obviously that's their first Online game.
I'm not even playing two hours a day and I already have the feeling I'm running in (very small) circles.

Besides, spending one's life on a single game like that, whether it has a shitload of content to deal with or not, is the best way to dry it out till you don't even feel like it's getting interesting.

I wouldn't say I'd go as far as admiring such people (which I surely don't) but I sometimes would like to be able to do the same crap all day and still enjoy it like MMO addicts/farmers and such (many WoW players coming inevitably in mind, around here at least).

Come to think of it, you could put such people in factories to make boxes all day if you'd make the task seem like a kind of game to them, and they would even get paid for it ('cause here, they're paying to do the same thing all day).

Yeah, I'm a bit envious sometimes... I have a very short attention span and get bored of things pretty quickly. I need to change my activities pretty often, yet I'm stubborn and set myself stupid goals that aren't attainable in a short amount of time. Go me!

barnacleez
Dec 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Nah, for the most part I just AFK while I'm reading a book, writing a short story, playing something on the Wii, or getting lost on a trail on my bike or crashing into people on said trail. When I'm not AFK, I get random urges to either work on PA's, join random parties, do market research so I can earn money, spend said money mindlessly so that I'll have to repeat the process, or burst into a friend's party without prior warning. That's how I get my fix of PSU, anyways. I'll be starting college again in January, so I won't be on as often, but I'll maintain the same habits.

Offtopic, I couldn't get into WoW because it wasn't as laid back as I thought it would be. Sure, I was able to spend hours fishing or skinning boars for relaxation, but that's about as sidetracked as I could get from the real quest, which just bored me. Found plenty of amusement jumping off of dams falling to my doom and sprinting into unfriendly territory / zombie infested graveyards / packs of dinosaurs, but I'd have to stop doing that in the longrun. :(

In the meantime, I'll be living in your PSU. *taps on the screen*