PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a strange dream...

Smidge204
Dec 16, 2008, 05:22 AM
I have this recurring dream, maybe three or four times over the years, where I'm back in college (except the building is my high school for some inexplicable reason). There's this one class that I literally forget about and end up never attending. I eventually realize I'm missing the class, even though I can't even remember what room it's in, what time it's held or even the subject. The dream ends as a sort of panic sets in that I'll have to take the class again the next semester but still can't remember anything about it.

But last night... last night I dreamed I as talking to the professor for that class about that recurring dream. My dreams are now recursive!

Point of note that I graduated six years ago, and the campus has since been torn down and replaced with a hotel and a Wal*Mart (where, no doubt, many of the Computer Science students are currently employed... but that's another story.) I wonder what I have to do to escape that place...
=Smidge=

EJ
Dec 16, 2008, 09:19 AM
I actually had a dream similar to that where I was in high school even though I'm 24 because I kept missing one class that I have no clue which on and every time in my dream I kept going but for some reason or another I start going and had to take it again the next semester but it seem that dream has stop for now o.o

Sinue_v2
Dec 16, 2008, 09:27 AM
I had a dream where I was walking in an endless field of flowers. Walking... continually, no fence - no landmarks - just yellow flowers and blue sky.... forever. Then I hear a distinctive "Moooo". So I follow the sound and eventually come upon a cow. The cow doesn't respond to my presence - so lift up it's tail to tug on it, and cow starts to poop twinkie after twinkie. It finishes up the twinkie poop with a fart - spraying chunks of confection and whipped cream all over my shirt. So I grab one of the twinkies and inspect it. It seems good, so I take a bite and it tastes like ennui.

Figure that one out.

Seority
Dec 16, 2008, 09:41 AM
So you have a dream about forgetting classes you don't even have?
Lols quite weird.

I thought weird ones like dreaming about a house full of twinkies and riding self-driving cars/beds was odder. (Oh wait, they are... ;>>)

Smidge204
Dec 16, 2008, 10:41 AM
so I take a bite and it tastes like ennui.

The idea of palpable, let alone flavorful ennui is intriguing. I'll add it to my list of "things to experience if I decide to use illicit substances" - right next to the color of infinity and the sound of silence. Otherwise, I'd say you have some unresolved issues which manifest in an obsession with poop jokes.

Those twinkies are very phallic, too.
=Smidge=

Anduril
Dec 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
I've had the "I've never attended the class before but suddenly I'm there for the final and I have no idea what the hell is going on" dream before on a regular basis. It's so agitating.

Vanzazikon
Dec 16, 2008, 12:00 PM
I don't have that kind of dream, but I am ignoring a class and not attending it because it's boring and easy. Do you think I would have that kind of dream in the future? o.o

Alnet
Dec 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
I constantly have dreams that recur, and some of them go in series. I know for some reason, I can't stop dreaming about high school, which means that maybe I really have been traumatized.

In one of them, I was in English class, and I was being given a homework assignment by my 9th or 10th grade English teacher. Simple enough.

In another dream, I was back in class, and she was asking us we'd done the reading.

... yeah. But that's just one of many situations. Don't even ask about the 4 weeks where I woke up screaming every single night.

DreXxiN
Dec 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
If you guys are having dreams about missing class, it's because you feel unprepared for something in real life that's ahead of you.

Don't take said dream analysis too seriously though, as they are usually metaphorical.

Kylie
Dec 16, 2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe you feel like you didn't do the best that you could back then or have some other type of regret. :-? I can't recall having a recurring dream, but I've heard that it's usually your subconscious trying to tell you something.

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 04:01 PM
I don't remember ever having recurring dreams or dreams about school, but I have dreams IN school, and they're almost always about something random.

Shadowpawn
Dec 16, 2008, 06:18 PM
I've had sequential dreams before. As in the dream I had the night before would get continued the next night. It was awesome.

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah I've had THAT happen before. Never happens when I have a good dream though, it's always a nightmare.

Tyreek
Dec 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
My dreams always come out weird. But sometimes I get those bad apples of dreams (apocalyptic anyone?) recurring on rare occasions.

Ha! Here's a strange dream I had before waking up today. I was crying. 0_o; And who comes to talk to me? Freakin Michael Phelps. Michael Phelps?! X_X; Sometimes I don't get my dreams. He asked if I was alright and stuff. I have no clue what the hell I was crying for, let alone why this guy was in my dream. <<;

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 08:53 PM
o.O: CoughhomoCough ehhhh, so what else did you discuss in said dream? Sounds weird, therefore I'm interested in knowing. :wacko: I LOVE STORY TIME!

Tyreek
Dec 17, 2008, 12:18 AM
If only I knew... It stopped right there. <<; Yet everytime I think about I have to go "LOL?" I don't even recall being a fan of this guy. I mean yeah, he's a renowned swimmer and all, but heck I can't understand this dream lol.

Rust
Dec 17, 2008, 11:15 PM
My dreams are always about killing creepy creatures

OR

Missing my plane on my way back from a foreign country when I don't have a cent left.

Oh and sometimes it involves deep waters too ; those ones are always involving violent death as well.

Tyreek
Dec 18, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hmm.. Stay away from swamps?

Vanzazikon
Dec 18, 2008, 03:06 AM
Anyone ever had those dreams where you dream of something and then IRL it actually happens? God damn those are scary...

Smidge204
Dec 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
Anyone ever had those dreams where you dream of something and then IRL it actually happens? God damn those are scary...

Reminds me of an interesting point...

Some psychologists say that, maybe, a dream as you remember it does not actually "happen." Instead, your actual dream is more likely to be random fragments of experience and memory that your brain tries to put together into a coherent mass after you've started to wake up from REM sleep. In other words, your dreams are actually just your conscious brain trying to make sense of garbage input, rather than a product of your unconscious mind.

There's no reason why this must happen immediately, either. Rationalization of the "dream" may not happen until you receive some other stimulus. That might explain how things "In your dreams" seem to happen in real life - you didn't actually dream it, you just think it did. Kinda like promnesia.
=Smidge=

furrypaws
Dec 21, 2008, 12:08 AM
Well, that would explain why I've dreamt probably at least twenty times that I go to school, forget a really big project/assignment, and the dream ends with the teacher scolding me and me waking up in a cold sweat, only to realize one of two things. 1.) That project really was due today, as in, this morning, and I really haven't done anything on it. 2.) It's Saturday. >_>

I also had a dream where I exchanged Guild Cards with someone in real life. Like, i was sitting at a table with them, talking, then the little symbol popped up in the corner of my dream. Then my Grandmother came and offered us ice cream. <_<

Hahaha, if I imagine this crap while I'm asleep, imagine what I come up with when I'm fully concious. =3