PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't SEGA do free trials?

lethe
Dec 16, 2008, 09:08 AM
I think sega should do that whole "free trial" thing for new players. The demo "if its even still available for download" isnt really a good reflection of the real servers and is definatley not helping to recruit people in my opinion. If they had a free trial, new players would be able to check out all the original PSU missions and classes as well as see the classes available in the expansion. Dont you think this would help our population go up? Cuz if i had no prior knowledge of this game, played the demo, and realised its either i buy the game plus the license just to truly "try it out" or "This is all the content im getting....." then i'd be more than likely to not have anyhting to do with this game.

Alecc
Dec 16, 2008, 09:15 AM
jp servers seem to be going that direction... now you can download the game from the official site, and from time to time they have 48 hours free, that kind of stuff... it would REALLY help us if we had that too... like a free week during an event 1st week, or maybe a free month to whoever brings a new player, that works fine in other games... :)

PepperCat
Dec 16, 2008, 10:14 AM
It could help... or we could get spammed to death because of it.

Remember the Spammers on 5th floor for MAG 2?

DreXxiN
Dec 16, 2008, 10:20 AM
Pretty sure it'd help despite that right now...You can always blacklist spammers ;|

Anduril
Dec 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
Technically they do give a free 14-day period after your first month's payment(or at least they did during my first month back in March '07). Even if they still do I don't think many people realize it, nor is it enough incentive to pay for that first month.

STRANG
Dec 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
These people cant even get an update right, and you want them to try something as inconcevably simple as a free trial. Shit, ill be afraid to level up my master class until monday.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2008, 04:25 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't want to play with the people on the 360 demo servers. >_>

Voison
Dec 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't want to play with the people on the 360 demo servers. >_>

Very True. lol

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 07:04 PM
It could help... or we could get spammed to death because of it.

Remember the Spammers on 5th floor for MAG 2?

Yes I remember myself. IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

xTwiztidClown
Dec 16, 2008, 09:53 PM
Sega probably thinks people will abuse this privalage somehow :/

SakuraJr
Dec 17, 2008, 11:22 AM
SEGA won't make their money that way if a free trial happens. I'm kinda surprised SEGA hasn't declared bankruptcy XD

lainofthewired
Dec 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
Sega probably thinks people will abuse this privalage somehow :/

It's almost certain that people would abuse this option almost the way they abused AOL free trials.

jShazBot
Dec 17, 2008, 11:10 PM
Actually, I think if it weren't for the PSU free Trail, that is on Live Marketplace and probably always will be, PSU 360 would not have nearly as many people as it does now. The PSU 360 demo may be nothing compared to real thing but it still provides ALOT for just a demo. I think releasing that to the public was a great idea. People seem to like it alot and even though I don't play on 360 PSU, all my XBL friends that do play it say that they tried the demo out first and decided to upgrade to the full thing.

Though, I think it would be cool if ONLY on PS2/PC servers SEGA let you access the servers for Free but with limited actions.
You make an account on PlaySEga and you can access the actual PS2/PC servers with it for free but your limited to alot of things such as missions, items, all that stuff but overtime you can then decide to begin paying for it and continue off the account you originally made for free.
At least I think that's a good idea. I don't see how that will make less people play. :/

Raveno
Dec 18, 2008, 02:05 AM
backfire..when people join, and all they see are people doing white beast (during nonevents)....fail

unicorn
Dec 18, 2008, 02:44 AM
They should let you play PSU vanilla for a demo.

- Set cap to lvl 50
- Set job cap to lvl 5
- Only pre-aoi missions
- No access to story missions
- No access to 10*+ weapons, armors, materials, items
- access to AT and AF but not Master classes.
- All PAs can cap to lvl 30. Example. Even if you're playing as FT, you wont have access to 31+ arts.
- Can't raise PMs
- Only one character slot

I think thats fair....