PDA

View Full Version : Rollback compensation?

Majarra
Dec 18, 2008, 07:01 AM
was the masterclasses a regular update or our compensation?

DarkEliteRico
Dec 18, 2008, 07:31 AM
regular update as far as known...but you never know

*continues to hold carrot over head*

Tulio07
Dec 18, 2008, 07:44 AM
please stop asking for compensation. It's just greedy. All a few people lost was a couple hours.

ashley50
Dec 18, 2008, 07:45 AM
regular update...

STRANG
Dec 18, 2008, 07:51 AM
please stop asking for compensation. It's just greedy. All a few people lost was a couple hours.

A lot of people lost a whole lot more than afew hours.
-Red/Wall
-Kaos/Knight
-5+ levels
-Meseta
-50% Armas Lines

This is just a fraction of what was lost by many people, and look how significant it is.

afterthoughtz
Dec 18, 2008, 08:06 AM
please stop asking for compensation. It's just greedy. All a few people lost was a couple hours.Wow....

Anyways, segac, give us compensation by giving us something we're suppossda have already....never....

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 08:40 AM
uh...just in case you guys missed this on the MAIN PAGE, FIRST LINK OF THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

Information Regarding Rollbacks

Dear PSU Community,
As you are all no doubt aware by now, we experienced some problems with the PSU servers during the general SEGA maintenance over the weekend. When servers were initially brought back online on Sunday, it was discovered there had been serious data corruption of the current files, and accounts for both PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 were affected by this.

This would have resulted in massive data loss & irreparable damage to, at the very least, hundreds of accounts. The decision was therefore made to rollback accounts to the most recent available backups that were free of any corrupted data: For PC/PS2, this was to Saturday; for Xbox 360, this was to Friday.

A rollback is not a decision we take lightly, & the decision was made because the alternative was considerably more unpleasant -- a massive loss of not just items & character progress, but of entire characters. Again, this would have affected, at the very least, hundreds of accounts.

We will be compensating players for the loss of their time and effort. Although we will be unable to confirm or replace individual items & character progress, we are still finalizing a plan for compensation, the details of which we will announce as soon as they are confirmed. It has been helpful to communicate with players regarding compensation, both on the forums and in-game, and this input has been taken into account.

Please keep in mind that both player compensation & the server issues will not affect the delivery of any new content! We are excited to move forward with new updates for PSU, and we appreciate your patience & understanding with this issue.
Masters are not your compensation, and you will still receive compensation. I mean, c'mon now...first link on the main page....reading does wonders.

Calsetes
Dec 18, 2008, 08:53 AM
Can I be compensated for the year I didn't play?

Nah, just happy I started up again after the whole rollback thing. Managed to buy some good cheap weapons and get my first frag PA. I am curious as to see what they're doing for compensation. I wouldn't mind GBR running for a bit longer, gives me a chance to get the stuff I'm looking for.

DEM_CIG
Dec 18, 2008, 09:08 AM
-Red/Wall
-Kaos/Knight
-5+ levels
-Meseta
-50% Armas Lines

This is just a fraction of what was lost by many people, and look how significant it is.

OMG.. who cares it wasn't to bad, it's not the end of the world. People take this game way to serious, the whole point of a game is to have a good time.

Calsetes
Dec 18, 2008, 09:15 AM
If they really want to compensate, I guess they could theoretically either run GBR for an additional length of time that was affected by the rollback (what, like 3 or 4 days, I think?) or they could just add X amount of points to all missions for everyone, boost them a rank or something. It won't replace the super-rare "THESE 5 ITEMS SELL FOR LIKE ELEVENTY BILLION MESETA" items, but it'll help somewhat with the lost time. The only exception would be the people who didn't play the GBR missions either because they don't want to or because they didn't have the expansion. Just a thought.

Smidge204
Dec 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
I like to attribute the fact I was unaffected by the rollback to two key elements:

1) I didn't play right up until the servers went down
2) I didn't log back in the instant the servers went back up

I'm willing to bet the bulk of the corruption happened to people who played until they got kicked off, rather than logging off a bit early. Logging back in early only exasperated things.
=Smidge=

Calsetes
Dec 18, 2008, 09:46 AM
You're most likely right, which is why they put up those warnings about "Make sure you're logged off before maintenance, blah-blah-blah." Only time I ever did that was waaaaay back when they were bringing out the initial batch of new classes (fortefighter, fighgunner, etc.) and I tried as hard as I could to get Hunter to 10 before the update. Made it, and logged out with a whole 2 minutes to spare. Never had any of my stuff get affected by a rollback in any game I ever played, mainly because I followed that rule.

However, I have also heard of other rollbacks causing grief to people who didn't play probably a good 24 hours before the rollback happened, and didn't try logging in early or anything, so who knows?

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
-Red/Wall
-Kaos/Knight
-5+ levels
-Meseta
-50% Armas Lines

Red/Wall- ooh, cuz it's so amazingly awesome that EVERYONE wants it.
Kaos/Knight- I'll give you this one. That bugger is a pain in MY ass at least to find
5+ Levels- BAWW, for some of the people who lost them gaining levels is the only thing they have to DO in this game. it won't hurt them to gain 5 levels twice.
Meseta- As if it's THAT hard to get in the first place.
50% Armas Lines-That sucks... really hard, but look on the bright side, what about all the people who put armas lines in and they failed? Repeatedly.

On topic: Nah, masterclasses are a regular update. I know I heard dark rumors about a possible grinding/synthing boost and a boost to the GBR boost %, but it's just rumors and not out of anyone's official mouth.

Losing stuff sucks, but it happens and you get over it. If you can't get over it, then you obviously aren't used to the way the world works.

W0LB0T
Dec 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
If you "apparently" found so much stuff before the rollback. why don't you just play for that same amount of time and find the stuff again. i mean if you found the stuff so quickly, shouldn't you be able to do that again. Or do you just like complaning.

Hang on a sec...What the hell am i doing in here.

Phoenix_Black
Dec 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
If you "apparently" found so much stuff before the rollback. why don't you just play for that same amount of time and find the stuff again. i mean if you found the stuff so quickly, shouldn't you be able to do that again. Or do you just like complaning.

Hang on a sec...What the hell am i doing in here.

That is flawed logic You know that dosn't work like that. My buddy got a Chaosknight on the day of the update, the rollback hits and he starts right away looking for a new one.... Still hasn't found one.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 10:07 AM
random finding=random finding.

just because you can roll 2 6's with dice on your first try doesn't mean it won't take you a week to ever do it again. granted, you have much better luck doing the dice thing then finding 2 LKK's.

these people deserve their compensation, plain and simple. they'll get it too, it's just a matter of playing the waiting game atm.

Phoenix_Black
Dec 18, 2008, 10:10 AM
I think we play that game far too much, around here, lol.

W0LB0T
Dec 18, 2008, 10:23 AM
And take it way (key word "WAY") to seriously.

DEM_CIG
Dec 18, 2008, 10:24 AM

Agreed. =)

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 10:30 AM

I believe he was talking about the waiting game I stated in my post....

And take it way (key word "WAY") to seriously.

People invest time into a game, whether for casual or serious play, and yeah, take it seriously. If you don't want to, don't. But don't get on other people's cases for having a different opinion on having their invested time erased.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 10:36 AM

I sent a ticket into ST when I lost my items Monday. I didn't ask for compensation, they said they were going to give us compensation. Asking about it is not being greedy in any stretch of the matter. It is about wondering where ST is in providing us with something they said they were going to give us from the get go.

W0LB0T
Dec 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
People invest time into a game, whether for casual or serious play, and yeah, take it seriously. If you don't want to, don't. But don't get on other people's cases for having a different opinion on having their invested time erased.
Their investment of time was alredy erased

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 10:45 AM

lol, wow. captain obvious here.

Spartan Law
Dec 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
Sega were in a lose-lose situation which I think some people don't realise which is causing more tension between the people who feel they deserve compensation and the people who are more laid back. Once the glitch was found (not bawwing about causes or what should of been done to prevent it) the only way to give back those people who had lost items would of been on trust. There was no way to prove that someone hadn't acquired something that had magically disappeared. The same was true post roll back, the only way to give individuals back their items would of been on trust and frankly, I wouldn't trust 90% of the userbase (X360) with a plastic spork.

Also, the roll back had to occur. No matter if you randomly found anything within that period of a few hours it is not of equal value to the days and hours worth of effort that others lost. What results yielded from that time is sort of not the point, you got lucky, great, you aren't lucky now. Unlucky.

I'm not even going to go down the perfectly valid track that we all know better that to jump on straight after anything Segac does.

Whatever we get in terms of compensation is liable to be worth much more to the average user who basically lost nothing than they need. Naturally though the ones that lost the most complain the most which is fair enough but frankly, I'm grateful to get anything.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yes it was thier fault that they messed up, but that's just the thing. IT GOT FUDGED UP.
You may have not really earned those items rightfully in the first place if there was a problem with the drop rates etc. I mean, would it really be fair if there was a glitch that happened for 5 mins where all the monsters in a sleeping warrior run only dropped Phycho Wand boards? That person/people who got those didn't earn them in that way and it'd be unfair to give them those items back when it wasn't legit.

Bad stuff happens and sorry it happened to you, but to keep things fair, this is what has to happen.

Tulio07
Dec 18, 2008, 11:29 AM
-Red/Wall
-Kaos/Knight
-5+ levels
-Meseta
-50% Armas Lines

This is all just data. It's literally nothing. It's just a series of high and low electrical voltages. I think some people can do without that. No one lost anything nearly as important as something say like a diamond, car, house, pebble, etc.

That time was already a waste of time. It too was worthless.

W0LB0T
Dec 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
and so starts the quantification of time wasting. We could argue who's usage to time was more productive, but it would be trivial. but are we not in an interent forum, the birthplace of said actions. So let us go forth and argue. for nothing shall be achived. because this is how an internet forum should be used.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 12:02 PM
You may have not really earned those items rightfully in the first place if there was a problem with the drop rates etc. I mean, would it really be fair if there was a glitch that happened for 5 mins where all the monsters in a sleeping warrior run only dropped Phycho Wand boards? That person/people who got those didn't earn them in that way and it'd be unfair to give them those items back when it wasn't legit.

I don't think you understand the full situation Seo. There was no "glitched" drop %'s going on in this situation. If that was the case, not so many would care. 360 side played for nearly 48 hours of LEGIT GAMEPLAY, only to have it wiped. The glitch occurred when the servers went back up after the server move. People were losing characters, items, etc. that had been on their accounts, and the only rational fix was a rollback. Unfortunately for 360 players, their Saturday backup was also corrupt and they had to be rolled back to Thursday maintenance.

There were no drop rate glitches, no massive amounts of items going to random people. 360 played a legit 48 hours and got wiped. I fail to see how they're not entitled to something after a failure of that magnitude.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
This is all just data. It's literally nothing. It's just a series of high and low electrical voltages. I think some people can do without that. No one lost anything nearly as important as something say like a diamond, car, house, pebble, etc.

So this means that its alright to pirate video games and other software plus movies and music. Why should anyone pay for that stuff? It should be free. They create all this software to help your PC and they want money for it. What the shit is that? Movies are just data, so is music and TV especially OptOnline and Verizon, but they force people to pay for it. It's all rubbish! Video Games should be free!

I wonder what it would feel like if because of M$ your hard drive got formatted and your 360 HDD got formatted. I guess compensation would be too greedy.

And theres a Grey's Anatomy(I do not watch this show) term for all the people that want so much. It's called McGreedy.

DEM_CIG
Dec 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
It was just a roll back... it's not a big deal, omg... The point of the game is to have fun. It is not worth getting upset about. If people dwell on this stituattion then what is the point of the game, just forget about what you lost. shit happens, deal with it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 12:10 PM
If i recall i believe edward on the sega boards saidssomething about 3* Luck a few days ago.

goaferboy
Dec 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
The way I see it, I pay the monthly fee to enjoy my game. The reason I enjoy PSU is because I can make progress on my character (LVLing etc) and reap the rewards of my efforts. I lost a days worth of progress and all the rewards I got. Not the end of the world, but annoying when it was the first time in a long time that I had set aside a good few hours to play PSU.

Compensation would be more of a gesture from Sega. A way of them acknowledging they cocked up and showing that mistakes won't just be swept under the rug. Basically making us feel like valued customers instead of "the non-Japanese server".

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
At this point I think some of the frustration remains due to those trying to down play the situation so much and belittle somebody else's losses. This situation becomes much worse when it is found out that some of these people really didn't lose much themselves and because of that really might be better off just keeping quiet. This thread wasn't started in my view to dwell on this situation. It was asking about the state of ST's compensation that they said they were going to give us in the first place. If ST promises us the Lightning Carnival event and the time period it is supposed to be delivered goes by many of you will be wondering when are we going to get the event. Some of you don't even need to start denying this because you are already documented in acting that way with the master classes. People didn't beg ST for compensation, ST said they were going to give us compensation on their own. Checking to see if they are keeping with their word is almost a matter of trust. It is an opportunity for ST to get the trust back of some of their gamers who feel they have been betrayed a little. Some people here sound like they are tired of people complaining about the rollback, but are looking for any thread that can possibly be taken as a complaint of a rollback, making it such and chastising those already posting. Very confrontational actions, then they wonder why an argument is started. As I said in an earlier post I submitted a ticket when this first happened to see what was going on. This was their reply.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

First, I’d like to explain what happened. After servers were brought back online this weekend from maintenance, we discovered there had been serious data corruption on both PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers. This was a serious issue that would have resulted in the loss of items and characters from a year or more of work – players would have lost a huge & irreplaceable amount of work. The decision to do a rollback was to preserve accounts as best as possible, and was the only way to fix the issue.

Second, I want to apologize for what you’ve lost as a result of the rollback. A rollback is never an easy decision to make and in this case, it was because the alternative was the loss of items & work from up to a year, for hundreds (or more) of players. We realize, too, how frustrating it is to have this happen immediately after the delivery of new content.

While we are unable to replace individual item losses specifically from the rollback, we are absolutely working on compensation. We would like to make it something that is equitable and helpful for players; something that will help make up for the loss of playtime as a result of the rollback.

Please stay tuned – we will be announcing on the forums once we are able to confirm how we will further address this issue for players.

-Edward
SEGA Support

------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice, they asked us to stay tuned which is what the original poster is doing. They stated they are ABSOLUTELY working on compensation. It is only natural and not greedy or dwelling on something to wonder what the compensation is.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
I don't think you understand the full situation Seo. There was no "glitched" drop %'s going on in this situation. If that was the case, not so many would care. 360 side played for nearly 48 hours of LEGIT GAMEPLAY, only to have it wiped. The glitch occurred when the servers went back up after the server move. People were losing characters, items, etc. that had been on their accounts, and the only rational fix was a rollback. Unfortunately for 360 players, their Saturday backup was also corrupt and they had to be rolled back to Thursday maintenance.

There were no drop rate glitches, no massive amounts of items going to random people. 360 played a legit 48 hours and got wiped. I fail to see how they're not entitled to something after a failure of that magnitude.

._.'

I never stated that this happened. I was just using an example as to why we get rollbacks. Something wasn't right. It was out of balance and in order to re-balance it, rollbacks need to happen.

Sheeesh ;>>

W0LB0T
Dec 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
Remember. you are in PSU General. where every thread turns into buthurt winge'a'thons

HyperShot-X-
Dec 18, 2008, 12:34 PM
for all those who were mostly unaffected by the rollback, what makes you think you have the right to question about the compensation deal for others?

You really don't know how it feels like until it happens to you directly, and I suggest you to just shut the H- up if it doesn't apply to you in the 1st place.

This whole rollback thing is not just about the progress lost & the compensation we will be getting, it's about Sega's commitment to their customers for their mistakes and following thru their promises so the same shyt won't keep happening again repeatedly in the future for the whole community. Think before posting total BS that doesn't help the situation at all and only fuels the flaming among players adversly.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 12:36 PM
Dude, if you are seriously STILL playing PSU after HOW long the updates were pulled back and even over the 65 error, you REALLY shouldn't be expecting so much from them.

You walk across a street and make it to the other side. Sometimes you cross a street and break your foot. Shit happens.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
At this point I think some of the frustration remains due to those trying to down play the situation so much and belittle somebody else's losses. This situation becomes much worse when it is found out that some of these people really didn't lose much themselves and because of that really might be better off just keeping quiet.

Very well said. I'd quote you're whole post, but I think this is pretty much the base of it that people need to understand.

I don't even play on the 360 servers, but I would just assume it's common sense and respect as a gamer to see that these guys lost out. So you didn't lose anything personally, cool. Keep it at that.

I don't get how grinding the people out that did lose stuff, out of all methods you could have chosen - on a public message board, is going to help the situation. I swear, sometimes I lose all respect for the peeps that claim to be part of this "community".

I never stated that this happened. I was just using an example as to why we get rollbacks. Something wasn't right. It was out of balance and in order to re-balance it, rollbacks need to happen.

Ok, from your first post it just sounded like you thought there was a drop % bug or something. I understand what you're getting at.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
It was just a roll back... it's not a big deal, omg... The point of the game is to have fun. It is not worth getting upset about. If people dwell on this stituattion then what is the point of the game, just forget about what you lost. shit happens, deal with it.

So leveling up and finding stuff is pointless then. Infact, putting those features in games is pointless. Buying stuff and not having to level or find stuff, but earn it is your kind of RPG. The only reason you guys play this game because you don't have to find anything, just buy it. or else you'd be screwed. Infact, I bet the 3 of you that say its not a big deal feel the same.

ok

PepperCat
Dec 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
Gotta admit though, I feel sorry for the guy that synthed a 42% and a 50% armas line...

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
Let's just say life is pointless because you can die at anytime.

=/

It IS just a game. NOTHING from this should harm you. Shit happens, deal with it. It's life. Grow up. Etc.

YES it's understandable to be upset about things like this, but it honestly shouldn't cause a blood bath.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
Let's just say life is pointless because you can die at anytime.

=/

It IS just a game. NOTHING from this should harm you. Shit happens, deal with it. It's life. Grow up. Etc.

YES it's understandable to be upset about things like this, but it honestly shouldn't cause a blood bath.

Well, no one in this thread needs to grow up, maybe get a life, but loss is still loss. All those poor people tsk tsk. And you people have no compassion for 5them, instead you laugh at all those that lose stuff. Perhaps there is some growing up to do.

And compensation would be a generous thing for those hardworking people unlike you guys.

Calsetes
Dec 18, 2008, 01:01 PM
I boxed this so that way if you don't want to read a ginormous amount of textual information, you can skip over it easily enough.

My thoughts on the "it's just data" thing is this:

[SPOILER-BOX]Yes, it's data, and yes, it's YOUR data. You pay Sega for it, you work on it, and it's done so with the knowledge that the data is being stored on their servers. That said, it's equivalent to keeping something physical of yours at a friend's house, storage unit, car, etc. You trust your friend to keep it safe, which he promises that he will. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and the item got destroyed. He replaced it with something that was almost but not quite what it was (an MP3 player that holds 1 gig less than the old one, a vase that costs $300 as opposed to $350, etc.) That's one of those things that you take a risk in with having someone else store your stuff.

That said, it is a bit different since you pay Sega to play their game, and you pay them to store your character data. As such, you expect them to keep it safe and make sure that nothing happens to it or replace whatever damage they cause to your data. They did that with the rollback. Everything's not perfect, but it's close as they have to be 100% positive they're giving back exactly what they damaged, according to their logs. I could photoshop some images together saying my guy's level 130, picked up a bunch of awesome drops between patch and rollback, and maxed out all my PAs in that amount of time, but if their logs show that I'm level 85, never had a drop of those that I listed at that time, and only had one PA at level 40, then they've gotta go with what they have the hard evidence to support on their end.

I know some are going to argue with me, and frankly, that's to be expected. This is just my reasoning of sorts as to why we should be happy they did anything about it and talked about compensating us in any way. I've played a few games where the company just says "Oh, wow. You lost your max level guy. Too bad, we restored him at level 20 with a "sword of suckiness -5", have fun!"

Feel free to disagree, the only argument I'll fend against is the fact that the data is stored on their servers with no option to store it on your own end. My counterargument would be this:

If they did that, people would hack their data, and hackers would run rampant. If you want to store it on a secure server, you're pretty much on your own to find a way to recreate their server code, host your own private server, the whole shebang. However, that's against the EULA, and Sega then does have a right to get a little legal thingamabob to make you delete it off the PC, destroy the disc, whatever they want to your copy (copies) of PSU, including any and all data you derived from use of their product.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree, flame me, whatever. Just try to keep it on my point of view, not on me.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 01:03 PM
I don't believe I ever laughed at you guys about this. Nor did I ever say that getting compensation was bad.

The only thing that needs to be realized is that, what has happend, happened. We can't change that.
How we act to it, however, determines our maturity level.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
I know some people are still venting but cmon its been a week already....for the most part(with the exception of a specific % on a weapon/armor) You should already got some of it not most you got back within that day and a half from GBR now if its stuff not from GBR....then idk............

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 01:31 PM
People have gotten over it, you just believe asking for conpensation is not getting over it. They promised compensation so therefore they are concerned about it. No one is complaining, you just think they are.

Use your eyes, not your mind.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 01:34 PM
People have gotten over it, you just believe asking for conpensation is not getting over it. They promised compensation so therefore they are concerned about it. No one is complaining, you just think they are.

Use your eyes, not your mind.

harsh

anywho i wasnt talkin bout that im referrin to those who still "sayin" what they lost.
I'm aware of there is going to be a compensation. Thats not what im talking bout. I'm actaully glad people i talking bout that. Possibly wanderin what it could be ^_^

HyperShot-X-
Dec 18, 2008, 01:42 PM
Dude, if you are seriously STILL playing PSU after HOW long the updates were pulled back and even over the 65 error, you REALLY shouldn't be expecting so much from them.
maybe applicable to ps2/pc players unfortunately(my heart goes out to all the remaining players who went thru all that crap), but not quite so for X360 players as long as the population holds and this rollback case affected us mainly which is why many ppl have been reacting so strongly.

There's nothing immature about pursuing the promised compensation for resolution, and it will not stop until we get it, so I think you should lay off your case by now.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
There's nothing immature about pursuing the promised compensation for resolution, and it will not stop until we get it, so I think you should lay off your case by now.

I'm not agreeeing nor disagreeing but i like how u said that :P

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well, no one in this thread needs to grow up, maybe get a life, but loss is still loss. All those poor people tsk tsk. And you people have no compassion for 5them, instead you laugh at all those that lose stuff. Perhaps there is some growing up to do.

And compensation would be a generous thing for those hardworking people unlike you guys.

This is getting over it?
Lol.

No there is nothing immature about requesting a compensation. There is however doughts about your maturity when people say "It happens" and you think they are saying "HA HA SUCKS TO BE YOU".

DEM_CIG
Dec 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
All im gona say is... SHIT HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 01:54 PM
I boxed this so that way if you don't want to read a ginormous amount of textual information, you can skip over it easily enough.

My thoughts on the "it's just data" thing is this:

[SPOILER-BOX]Yes, it's data, and yes, it's YOUR data. You pay Sega for it, you work on it, and it's done so with the knowledge that the data is being stored on their servers. That said, it's equivalent to keeping something physical of yours at a friend's house, storage unit, car, etc. You trust your friend to keep it safe, which he promises that he will. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and the item got destroyed. He replaced it with something that was almost but not quite what it was (an MP3 player that holds 1 gig less than the old one, a vase that costs $300 as opposed to $350, etc.) That's one of those things that you take a risk in with having someone else store your stuff.

That said, it is a bit different since you pay Sega to play their game, and you pay them to store your character data. As such, you expect them to keep it safe and make sure that nothing happens to it or replace whatever damage they cause to your data. They did that with the rollback. Everything's not perfect, but it's close as they have to be 100% positive they're giving back exactly what they damaged, according to their logs. I could photoshop some images together saying my guy's level 130, picked up a bunch of awesome drops between patch and rollback, and maxed out all my PAs in that amount of time, but if their logs show that I'm level 85, never had a drop of those that I listed at that time, and only had one PA at level 40, then they've gotta go with what they have the hard evidence to support on their end.

I know some are going to argue with me, and frankly, that's to be expected. This is just my reasoning of sorts as to why we should be happy they did anything about it and talked about compensating us in any way. I've played a few games where the company just says "Oh, wow. You lost your max level guy. Too bad, we restored him at level 20 with a "sword of suckiness -5", have fun!"

Feel free to disagree, the only argument I'll fend against is the fact that the data is stored on their servers with no option to store it on your own end. My counterargument would be this:

If they did that, people would hack their data, and hackers would run rampant. If you want to store it on a secure server, you're pretty much on your own to find a way to recreate their server code, host your own private server, the whole shebang. However, that's against the EULA, and Sega then does have a right to get a little legal thingamabob to make you delete it off the PC, destroy the disc, whatever they want to your copy (copies) of PSU, including any and all data you derived from use of their product.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree, flame me, whatever. Just try to keep it on my point of view, not on me.

I have no problem with how you stated your opinion. This thread did NOT start with complaining about the rollback. It started with curiosity about the state of the compensation. The anger came into this thread when somebody came in and stated this curiosity was greedy and people need to get over it. People then jumped in with an angry mind state ready to show that they are justified to wonder what their compensation is. Especially when it was ST that stated they were going to give us compensation and to stay tuned. As this went on people felt it necessary to come in and start telling people to just get over it. Again this created anger amongst those who are actually looking for the compensation. Truth is if you don't need compensation and you have already moved on cool. What was the point of even coming into this thread? I have yet to understand this. The only thing these people have accomplished is to highten animosity between members of this community. I am on the 360 server so I didn't have to deal with Error 065, but at the same time I did not go in those forums and tell the people who were affected by it to get over it. Actually I felt bad and stated as much. In your thoughts about the data issue you did not belittle anyone's losses nor did you make any attempt to instigate anger. Whether or not I agree with your view on the data thing isn't the issue. You stated your opinion without instigation, for that you will have no flames from me nor do I feel you deserve any flames from anybody. You have been respectful of others and your views of the data is should be respected as well.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
This is getting over it?
Lol.

No there is nothing immature about requesting a compensation. There is however doughts about your maturity when people say "It happens" and you think they are saying "HA HA SUCKS TO BE YOU".

All im gona say is... SHIT HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT.

That was..........

http://media.photobucket.com/image/cold%20as%20ice/Margie077/New%20Pics001/avatars_Super_126.jpg?o=11
XD

pikachief
Dec 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
I will say, yes some of us did lose a lot of stuff in the rollback, me included.

I wont say what cuz there is no point basically just a whole lot of valuable stuff i either cant get back or am barely getting back and over 24 hours of my playtime.

I wasn't bothered by it much, oh well things happen i don't care if or if we don't get a compensation.

BUT. Sega did say we were getting a compensation. and its good enough as it is that they're even trying to do it in the first place, so please be patient, it'll be done when its done. and yes i know how u feel i lost about the same or possibly more than what u did >.>

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
BUT. Sega did say we were getting a compensation. and its good enough as it is that they're even trying to do it in the first place, so please be patient, it'll be done when its done.

I approve this message :P

DEM_CIG
Dec 18, 2008, 02:06 PM
That was..........

http://media.photobucket.com/image/cold%20as%20ice/Margie077/New%20Pics001/avatars_Super_126.jpg?o=11
XD

lol yeah it was alittle cold, but o well it had to be said. I could also say that... LIFE IS UNFAIR... or... IF LIFE WAS EASY, IT WOULD BE BORING... but I think that... SHIT HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT... gets the point across more.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 02:07 PM
This is getting over it?
Lol.

This was the question of the original poster:

Now you try to justify saying "It happens" in the thread and not understand how some affected people take this as "HA HA SUCKS TO BE YOU". Even if that is not what it is meant it is a who cares about you attitude no matter how you spin it. Result: Anger. Also realize that there is technically no request for compensation since ST already stated they were going to give us compensation to begin with. This thread (remember people) is about what the state of this said compensation is. The original poster was wondering whether this upcoming update is our compensation or if he needs to continue to look for something else. This was not a rollback complaint thread. The very people that are so called tired of hearing about it seem to be the very ones turning it into such a thread.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
The very people that are so called tired of hearing about it seem to be the very ones turning it into such a thread.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!

ok, I'm done poking the fire...back to lunch!

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
This is getting over it?
Lol.

And there are doubts about your maturarity when you walk into a thread and say what people loss is nothing and then say it does not matter and make things worse. Why post if its to piss people off? Isn't that what trolls do? Did you come in just to add fuel to the fire like those ignorant people on PSU? What is your purpose of being in this thread? Pretty sure its not valid and you have yet to contribute anything positive to this thread.

And you question my maturity.

You have no place here.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 02:21 PM
lol yeah it was alittle cold, but o well it had to be said. I could also say that... LIFE IS UNFAIR... or... IF LIFE WAS EASY, IT WOULD BE BORING... but I think that... SHIT HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT... gets the point across more.

You know, this is about compensation that was promised, not rollback, so why did you post in this thread at all?

Causing trouble I see, typically of you ignorant people that get a kick out of kicking downed people in the nuts.

Ah well, atleast I don't have to deal with your kind, I lost nothing compared to these poor souls you live to torture.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
Ah well, atleast I don't have to deal with your kind, I lost nothing compared to these poor souls you live to torture.

Kinda harsh dont u think

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
And you question my maturity.

http://3.rdrail.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

OP: No they are not.

To those who lost stuff: Sorry it happened. Just get over it since Sega is already doing what it can to get your stuff back.

DreXxiN
Dec 18, 2008, 02:32 PM
Are you guys accusing those asking you to get over it of trolling? Because it's the best possible solution...Yes it is horribly shitty that it happened, and I can't beleive you guys haven't moved to a new MMO instead of continually bawing.

I'd be pissed if this happened to me yeah, but if not contributing to a thread is harmful trolling, them damn, any condolences or just random ideas about a thread that don't help people must be wrong.

/troll

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
No one is complaining about lost items. So your arguement is invalid.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 02:59 PM
-Red/Wall
-Kaos/Knight
-5+ levels
-Meseta
-50% Armas Lines

That is flawed logic You know that dosn't work like that. My buddy got a Chaosknight on the day of the update, the rollback hits and he starts right away looking for a new one.... Still hasn't found one.

Naturally though the ones that lost the most complain the most which is fair enough but frankly, I'm grateful to get anything.

360 side played for nearly 48 hours of LEGIT GAMEPLAY, only to have it wiped. The glitch occurred when the servers went back up after the server move. People were losing characters, items, etc. that had been on their accounts, and the only rational fix was a rollback. Unfortunately for 360 players, their Saturday backup was also corrupt and they had to be rolled back to Thursday maintenance.

for all those who were mostly unaffected by the rollback, what makes you think you have the right to question about the compensation deal for others?

You really don't know how it feels like until it happens to you directly, and I suggest you to just shut the H- up if it doesn't apply to you in the 1st place.

So leveling up and finding stuff is pointless then. Infact, putting those features in games is pointless. Buying stuff and not having to level or find stuff, but earn it is your kind of RPG. The only reason you guys play this game because you don't have to find anything, just buy it. or else you'd be screwed. Infact, I bet the 3 of you that say its not a big deal feel the same.

ok

I will say, yes some of us did lose a lot of stuff in the rollback, me included.

I wont say what cuz there is no point basically just a whole lot of valuable stuff i either cant get back or am barely getting back and over 24 hours of my playtime.

I wasn't bothered by it much, oh well things happen i don't care if or if we don't get a compensation.

No one is complaining about lost items?
;3

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 03:01 PM
The really funny thing about this, the people basically saying deal with it come from the pc/ps2 servers. They lost maybe a couple hours at best of things, and that was if you even logged in to begin with. I don't think you understand that the 360 servers lost everything til before the update. That's not one or two hours, that's days of working on something only to lose it. The OP was not complaining about losing things, they only asked if anyone had heard anything about the compensation that Sega told us after the rollbacks happened. None of us asked for something but instead the company that WE pay are gladly giving us something because of the fu*k up. Just the fact that people are taking it this far is showing how much you guys are willing just to flame something instead of just answering a simple question.

DreXxiN
Dec 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
What question? *Scratches head* Did I miss something?

It's a bawfest..period. I've had some pretty shitty room hacks in the past that have gone unnoted, and I either had to quit, or get over it. Shitty things happen, but you have to ask yourself if it's better to move on or just to take it, and keep doing it because it's a passion.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 03:11 PM
C'mon Seo...there's a difference between stating people lost items and complaining about it. You should know that.

That and I didn't see 1 quote where anyone complained or threw a fit about the items lost. There all stating the same thing...360 lost items and still deserve some comp.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:13 PM
I don't see how my statements by me are complaints about lost items when there is no mentioning of anything loss.

And I see you enjoyed turning this thread from a conpensation thread into what you think is a complaints about loss items thread.

So what are you going to do next?

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 03:13 PM

From what I gather this is a pretty simple question without everyone taking it way to out of context that it's strayed so off course. I mean jeez come on kids quit doing this to every freaking thread that comes out in PSU general. Answer the freaking question and move on without bawwwwing at everything.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 03:15 PM
If they were just merly stating "I lost this" then I wonder why I was flamed for just stating "Get over it."
People go so upset at others because the others didn't lose anything themselves. (Exp: HyperShot's post)

As DreX said, this just turned into a baw fest that every post is fueling. His, yours and mine. =)

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:18 PM

It's a bawfest..period. I've had some pretty shitty room hacks in the past that have gone unnoted, and I either had to quit, or get over it. Shitty things happen, but you have to ask yourself if it's better to move on or just to take it, and keep doing it because it's a passion.

This thread was derailed and turned into crap by three individuals so the pour soul did not get his question answered.

Thank God my lazyness prevented any loss for me.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
As DreX said, this just turned into a baw fest that every post is fueling. His, yours and mine. =)

I do agree on that. I think the original question was answered in the first five posts, prolly time this trainwreck was put out of it's misery.

Not saying I didn't enjoy it though :)

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
I just really dislike this. I mean I got over it and got my stuff back and then some. I didn't come to complain or flame anything, but just the fact that I came on here to actually see what and when we might get something and have to sift through this crap every time I want to find out anything is just so annoy I just stopped coming into PSU general. I mean if they screen shot thread wasn't here I wouldn't come on at all.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:25 PM
I just really dislike this. I mean I got over it and got my stuff back and then some. I didn't come to complain or flame anything, but just the fact that I came on here to actually see what and when we might get something and have to sift through this crap every time I want to find out anything is just so annoy I just stopped coming into PSU general. I mean if they screen shot thread wasn't here I wouldn't come on at all.

Your sig represents your current state of mind.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:27 PM
From what I gather this is a pretty simple question without everyone taking it way to out of context that it's strayed so off course. I mean jeez come on kids quit doing this to every freaking thread that comes out in PSU general. Answer the freaking question and move on without bawwwwing at everything.

It's weird, they are bawing about other people bawing about loss items.

Talk about hypocrits.....

Kinda sad, really.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
No one is complaining about lost items?
;3

It's funny that you ignored the post previous to the first person that stated what they lost. That was a response to the first person that came in here looking to instigate anger in this thread. Note they basically said wondering about the compensation was greedy and that nobody lost anything. The first list was merely to prove that person wrong. Nice way to try to slant the posts. The fact is this thread originally had nothing to do with bawling over lost items. Somebody came in here and decided to bait somebody into bringing up what they lost and bringing back up angry feelings. If you saw the person who initially stated what they lost you also saw what they were replying to. If that is the case what purpose is there to say "get over it" other than to bring up more animosity. This is why you get flamed. It's that simple. If you speak that coldly to others expect them to be that way in reaction to you. There was no need to even go back to what was lost in the rollback in this thread. The first person to bring up what was lost in the rollback (claiming it was nothing but time) was a person saying get over it. If you want to put up all the people who said something about losing something in the rollback then we need to post the very first post that talks about it:

Before this post nobody even spoke of the rollback or items lost.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
Well, this thread is going to be history and NO ONE is going to remember this and what I said.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 03:39 PM

I hope you are not serious. If you don't know the question what was the point of coming into this thread. The question was made plain and simple in the first post:

Is the master classes part of the compensation?

Others with no intention of answering the question came in and called the original poster greedy for asking about compensation ST already said they were working on and saying nobody lost anything. Then some people tried to prove them wrong by stating what they lost only to get flamed by others saying who have been dying to tell them to get over it creating more anger and an all out forum war.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:42 PM
And "Tool" is short for "Tulio07".

DreXxiN
Dec 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
I hope you are not serious. If you don't know the question what was the point of coming into this thread. The question was made plain and simple in the first post:

Is the master classes part of the compensation?

Others with no intention of answering the question came in and called the original poster greedy for asking about compensation ST already said they were working on and saying nobody lost anything. Then some people tried to prove them wrong by stating what they lost only to get flamed by others saying who have been dying to tell them to get over it creating more anger and an all out forum war.

Nah, I wasn't being serious; I was more pointing out how blatant it was that after 1/10th of the thread this all COMPLETELY changed into a baw fest, and that's what I was stating.

And yes, it is about people bawwing about bawwers =D

I wouldn't necessarily say I am bawwing though; rather, simply stating the benefits of the two options I listed. It isn't making anyone feel better to continue talking about it on PSO-W, as there was already a previous thread with lots of bawing. It's nice to have "victims" you can relate too, but there's a time where people should just move on.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:47 PM
And whats sad is that they are bawwing about people bawwing. Sad indeed.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 03:48 PM

I must admit. I came to this thread because I was curious about the compensation as well. Strangely enough I said in another thread that I would be happy if our compensation was the master classes, 3* luck and a 20% synth boost. Now we have the master classes coming up, which from what I thought would be released after the lightning carnival. I was actually wondering the same thing. It just frustrated me that people would jump in and start flaming because somebody wanted to know the status of the compensation ST had in store.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 03:51 PM
I must admit. I came to this thread because I was curious about the compensation as well. Strangely enough I said in another thread that I would be happy if our compensation was the master classes, 3* luck and a 20% synth boost. Now we have the master classes coming up, which from what I thought would be released after the lightning carnival. I was actually wondering the same thing. It just frustrated me that people would jump in and start flaming because somebody wanted to know the status of the compensation ST had in store.

You know D, in the rollback thread I always thought your forum avatar pretty much tells how ya felt.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
Nah, I wasn't being serious; I was more pointing out how blatant it was that after 1/10th of the thread this all COMPLETELY changed into a baw fest, and that's what I was stating.

And yes, it is about people bawwing about bawwers =D

I wouldn't necessarily say I am bawwing though; rather, simply stating the benefits of the two options I listed. It isn't making anyone feel better to continue talking about it on PSO-W, as there was already a previous thread with lots of bawing. It's nice to have "victims" you can relate too, but there's a time where people should just move on.

Glad you weren't serious. I was just miffed about an attack on somebody asking about the state of the compensation. I remember the other thread the mod made specifically for bawwing. I will admit that I did my share that Monday. Even then though people went to that thread and tried to flame people for bawwing when that was what the thread was actually made for. Bottom line is there are some heartless people in these forums. I personally have got over my losses. I have a higher boost, and besides my lost [B] Armas Line I now have everything I lost in higher multiples with even more weapons and rares overall found. I also found out that my compensation of master classes, 3* luck, and 20% synth boost is over estimated as I found my faith renewed with only the announcement of master classes. Not mad at the [B] Armas Line either due to finding a 20+% Yiel Line. I was going to make the armor to keep it anyway. I will just keep the Yiel Line as a replacement. :D

(On Friday I will have three character with Master Jobs, HAH!!!!)

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 04:01 PM
You know D, in the rollback thread I always thought your forum avatar pretty much tells how ya felt.

LOL!!! OMG. I actually didn't even pay attention to that. Yeah, that is how I felt during that time. If I would have noticed that back then I probably would have made a reference to it in my sig. Dang. (Tries to travel back in time)

RegulusHikari
Dec 18, 2008, 04:11 PM
Guys.

GUYS.

Guess what guys.
You lost progress in a video game.

You didn't lose your job.
You didn't lose a family member.
Your puppy didn't die.

You lost monies and shit. Fake monies and shit.

You deserve compensation, but wow. There are reasons to be pissed in life. This is not one of them.

Chill. The fuck. Out. PLEASE.

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 04:31 PM
I agree that it's just a game, yes. People are mad yes, but some people don't feel the need to come and basically come on here and do nothing but put down others for what happened. It's no one fault. It's not the players who lost things fault and IT"S NOT SEGA'S FAULT. I'm glad they caught this stuff relatively quickly making it to where we didn't lose more than we did. I would just like people to think before they post. This stuff has gotten way too out of hand lately and it's making the forums here go down hill quick. I mean it's here to discuss PSU not debate every little thing and then turn it into a huge bawww fest simply for the sake of bitching. No one is happy about the things that have been going on, I think we have figured that out by now. But instead of coming on here to fuss about it why not actually do something about it and email the people who actually make the game.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 18, 2008, 04:36 PM
If they were just merly stating "I lost this" then I wonder why I was flamed for just stating "Get over it."
People go so upset at others because the others didn't lose anything themselves. (Exp: HyperShot's post)
u still seems to have no clue why u get smacked in the back of head, i'm not upset at others who were unaffected by rollback, I'm only mad at ppl like you out of all those ppl who comes in here and start talking out of line by saying BS stuffs like 'SHYT HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT,..get over it', well what the heck do you think we're doing here? We all know 'SHYT HAPPENED' and we're 'DEALING WITH IT' by waiting to hear the official announcement to confirm the compensation, ok? and we don't need anyone lecturing with that kind of lame comments. Maybe your intention was misunderstood as flame baiting nature by others but you should really see that you & couple others are the only ones misunderstanding the whole situation from all others, and as I said it's better for you to just say nothing at all instead.

No, not every posts, just yours & couple others, you should see this by now. Do us favor and read what you've done to us upto now before you keep posting more nonsense.

Dragwind
Dec 18, 2008, 04:44 PM
Players are going to complain, and that will never end. Arguing about whether each others complaints are valid or not isn't going to change a thing.

As far as I see with this compensation deal, nothing is happening unless they consider rushing us this next update as "compensation."

Otherwise if you want to complain about other complainers, do it in the rants forum. Not here.

Golto
Dec 18, 2008, 04:59 PM
Super holy luck, 10% grinding and synth bonus, along with some other stuff not bad.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
Super holy luck, 10% grinding and synth bonus, along with some other stuff not bad.

Is that what you hope the compensation is or is that for real???

Golto
Dec 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=94124

so it looks like we will get them in 1 or 2 weeks.

ashley50
Dec 18, 2008, 05:03 PM

Uhm great...typical "compensation"

Dragwind
Dec 18, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hey, an extra grind and synth bonus? I could really use that! A good amount of my synths will be near or guaranteed pretty much.

(Hopefully I can get something better than a Battlestopper 3/3 now)

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 05:09 PM
So basically January 1st to the 15th. Funny, my thought for compensation was master classes, 3* luck, and 20% synth bonus. The actual is we do get master classes (strangely enough), 3* luck, 10% grind and synth bonus, 50% discount for clothes and parts, and free makeovers. I am not mad. I don't think I was to far off.

Darius_Drake
Dec 18, 2008, 05:11 PM

Oh, forgot to say thanks (Thanks a bunch!!!), I really was looking for that information.

Golto
Dec 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
I don't think Master types are part of the compensation since they had to go through the 1+ month m$ cert. Us getting Master types was probably more due to that wants topic awhile ago on the official forums.

Cracka_J
Dec 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't consider what they usually give us for completing an event as "typical" compensation.

Good going Sega this time.

LuigiMario
Dec 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
I see this thread is back to normal. And a compensation is on the way.

Whater happened in the last pages stays in the last pages, Capice.

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 06:09 PM
I myself was expecting maybe a week of 3* luck. This is great though! I would really like to clear out some of my partner machines and try grinding a lot of weapons.

S-T-H
Dec 18, 2008, 06:09 PM
The only normal maintenance period left this year is Dec 25/26. This also happens to be when the Christmas lobbies are going down. I'd say that one would be fairly likely despite the holiday. They seem to be taking holiday soon after according to the JP site. I don't really expect them to do a special maintenance, but it's not unheard of.

moomoopenguin
Dec 18, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think it would def prob be the 2nd of January. Even though that would be a pretty awesome Christmas present from Sega lol ^^

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 18, 2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think Master types are part of the compensation since they had to go through the 1+ month m$ cert. Us getting Master types was probably more due to that wants topic awhile ago on the official forums.
The only thing that needs certification is the dashboard updates not the server updates. Master types were always coming when we got lvl150

Kizeragi
Dec 18, 2008, 06:26 PM
I'm glad Edward is showing ST how to run a game. I'm also pretty sure we all expected 3 star luck only, but another grind boost and others? Great!

Keep this up and I'll gladly start paying again.

Perhaps this could be a turning point? We will see...

buzyb77
Dec 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
lame how abou some Drop boosts in other missions and a PA skill exp boost...

ashley50
Dec 18, 2008, 06:41 PM

lol...and you're complaining again?! ALREADY?!

HyperShot-X-
Dec 18, 2008, 06:50 PM
...that wasn't funny, u failed :P

About time they announced it, I was kinda hoping for 20% grind & synth boosts for 1 wk only but I'll just leave that to next big event reward or something later on, this will do..for now.
Just wishing good luck to Sega all things go in order this time.

DesuJet
Dec 18, 2008, 06:55 PM
I was hoping the grind boost would've been higher than 10%. The one from the carnival event is 15%...

Kylie
Dec 18, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm sooo selling all my grinders this time.

Morpheo
Dec 18, 2008, 07:17 PM
there we go, everyone happy, i know i am ;]

JuggBishop
Dec 18, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you SEGA. You do listen to the community. SEGA is trying to quiet the uproar. Stuff happens and SEGA puts the pacifier in the mouths of the crying.

Anduril
Dec 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
This is more than what I was expecting the compensation to be. I am pleased.

Phoenix_Black
Dec 18, 2008, 08:10 PM
I was hoping for GBR percent boost as it would pertain more to what most people lost... But, meh, tis good.

PACHI
Dec 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
Compensations give you Cancer

I like the treat. Remember, sega never had to do this, but they always come back from lazyitis. Be Happy...

Para
Dec 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
Its worth it. All of motherbrain's drops are going to be grinded like hell with this.

Smidge204
Dec 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
Does the 10% synth boost effect grinder synths? Like is getting a higher +x more likely?

If so I got a whole stack of Grinder Base Ss I'll put off synthing for awhile...
=Smidge=

Anduril
Dec 18, 2008, 10:22 PM
Does the 10% synth boost effect grinder synths? Like is getting a higher +x more likely?

If so I got a whole stack of Grinder Base Ss I'll put off synthing for awhile...
=Smidge=
From what I understand, yeah that is the case.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 18, 2008, 10:34 PM
hehehe.... and this time I was ready for it ^_^

*Dusts off stacks of Olpad, Copernia, and Grinder Base S*

Soon my precious.... soon....

jShazBot
Dec 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
Wait, what? :???:

:D

mvffin
Dec 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
i hope the grind boost makes battlestoppers cheaper. I just can't see paying 50 mil for a wep i probably won't use much

Darius_Drake
Dec 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
i hope the grind boost makes battlestoppers cheaper. I just can't see paying 50 mil for a wep i probably won't use much

I thought battlestoppers were already cheap? What server are you on?

DarkEliteRico
Dec 19, 2008, 12:31 PM
Dude they're cheap as hell, i've got like 6 pair to myself, and have given out plenty more. I'll be getting more and more of them tonight. Join up with me after I get off of work and we'll get you taken care of. Now getting them to 10/10 is your problem...i'm happy with mine at 7/7 currently

Calsetes
Dec 19, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'll gladly take a pair off your hands, Rico, assuming you play on the PS2 servers.

....I need me some money and the SPF clothing...

nyu
Dec 24, 2008, 03:59 PM
so theres not gonna be a rollback today