PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's officially leaked!

Reginaldo
Dec 19, 2008, 05:55 AM
See you online!

Clidante
Dec 19, 2008, 06:50 AM
Twas only a matter of time i guess. Damn you people, i'm sitting tight and waiting for my preorder to arrive.

It's times like these where i can understand why my friends and students mock me for not having a smart cart despite the fact i'm currently living in China ^^;

the_importer_
Dec 19, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well the good news out of this is that the game is done and we won't see a delay :)

neo-kun
Dec 19, 2008, 07:02 AM
It appears that you wont be able to play it so soon afterall. The rom (or at least this leaked one) will load, but you wont be able to get past the character creation, it will just hang on a save message.

So unless you really wanna see the intro movie and character creation you should probably just not bother.

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2008, 07:36 AM
I feel that I WANT to wait to the 25th anyway.

Risingsun
Dec 19, 2008, 08:35 AM
well, i guess you guys could start posting pictures of all the character creation possibilities

Clidante
Dec 19, 2008, 08:55 AM
Indeed, maybe someone will be so kind to offer up some snaps. I remember how much i played with the JP PSU hacked beta character creation for ages before the game was out.

Sad... but true ^^ Wouldn't mind doing the same now to play around with character appearance before my cart arrives.

the_importer_
Dec 19, 2008, 09:05 AM
Off topic, Play-Asia sent me an e-mail saying that my copy was Shipped today :)

Clidante
Dec 19, 2008, 09:18 AM
Off topic, Play-Asia sent me an e-mail saying that my copy was Shipped today :)

Good to hear :) Glad they're quite prompt.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
Mine was shipped today also :)
I paid out the nose for UPS shipping... but it'll be worth it!
(glad to hear the ROM isnt working) ^_^

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2008, 10:28 AM
Lol @ ''glad to hear the ROM isnt working''

therealAERO
Dec 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
The character creation is a complete joke...3 hair choices, 3!!! And 3 colors for hair?!?! What kind of bull crap is this?

There is something that is totally awesome about this game though. The new video codec. All the lame artifacts from that old video codec are gone. The intro clip looks amazing. I can only pray this same codec is being used with Kingdom Hearts DS

DeathMachine
Dec 19, 2008, 01:04 PM
You wouldn't mind listing the number of cast variations, would you? It would be much appreciated...

Percival
Dec 19, 2008, 01:12 PM
You wouldn't mind listing the number of cast variations, would you? It would be much appreciated...

Unless they've changed the available options since the public demo, the following options should be available for casts.:

Casts:
Head Parts [4]
Body Color A [3]
Body Color B [5]
Body Color C [3]
Voice Type [8]
Mag Color [5]

therealAERO
Dec 19, 2008, 01:23 PM
Honestly how hard was it to put in an RGB slider for hair?

Amherst_Wind
Dec 19, 2008, 01:27 PM

Well calm down, I'm not saying there is but there might be some kind of makeover store in game like PSU. I dont think anyone can confirm that there isn't one yet, so just hold on.

Percival
Dec 19, 2008, 01:31 PM

The answer probably resides in your own question:

Since putting an RGB for hair color would appear to be the obvious choice, yet we are limited to pick between 3 predefined colors, chances are an RGB slider is "hard to put in", i.e., more complex to implement.

I would think that they would have thought about it and rejected the idea because of complexities we don't know about. Probably has something to do with the DS' limited graphic capabilities.

All that being said… Boo! I want more colors! :D

Kupi
Dec 19, 2008, 01:33 PM

A lot harder than you'd think, computationally. Re-rendering a texture on the fly either requires that you do it on a per-frame basis, which is likely beyond the DS's capabilities, or store the updated texture in memory somewhere. That would fine except for the fact that you could have up to four characters in play, each with their player's favorite shade of blue... and then we get back into eating up all your memory just on the hair. Advanced as it is as a portable system, the DS is nowhere near as powerful as a home system, so custom hair colors are definitely untenable.

Percival
Dec 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
Phantasy Star Zero (J) Piracy Fix
As a reward for posting this, anyone want to tell me how to use it?

A reward? I was thinking "punishment" myself. ;)

Zarode
Dec 19, 2008, 01:38 PM
Puu~~~hahahahaha~ AND MINE HAS SHIPPED. PUUUUUUUUUUU~~hAHAHAHAHA~~ :wacko:

Aaaaaaaand this game appears to be as big as some of the final fantasys out. Scary.

therealAERO
Dec 19, 2008, 01:42 PM
I wish I had a job, I would've totally had this pre-ordered already...piracy is bad kids.

Ryna
Dec 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
Just as a general reminder, anyone that posts a link to the ROM or unlocking codes won't be on the site very long. :-)

therealAERO
Dec 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
This entire thread should be abolished then

Zarode
Dec 19, 2008, 01:58 PM
This entire thread should be abolished then

Why? I haven't seen an instance of linked illegal wares or unlocking codes. This happened whenever Phantasy Star Portable came out. As long as we didn't link to anything illegal or otherwise, this sort of thread is fine. It's news. All I got from this thread is that Sega is silly, and most of us who preordered the game got it shipped 6 days early. :yes:

Aumi
Dec 19, 2008, 02:38 PM
My copy is on the way. I guess it'll take some time for it to be here. I live in Denmark... x.x But I'll be trying the character creation just to see what characters I wanna make :)

burninglink5
Dec 19, 2008, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUe-Ebe8dWU

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hell yeah I'm a pirate. How cool isn't that?

And indeed, lol @ LimeWire. Number one client for all your Trojan needs!

King Nezz
Dec 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
Well I have been playing it for about an hour and it really feels like PSO. Music is great to, but I only played on the snow level. There is a fix, just search for it.

Reginaldo
Dec 19, 2008, 09:58 PM
love, love, LOVE the gunslash!!

Reginaldo
Dec 19, 2008, 10:01 PM
Also, even though the customization options are lacking, you can switch your look anytime.

FireFox276
Dec 19, 2008, 10:02 PM
After playing this for about a few hours, I am very impressed. The combat is brilliant, the movemet is great too. I like how alot of PSO features are in it, eg the item box colours.

A funny story I'd like to share:
I find this weapon that has a gun icon in the item menu, so I go to equip it and I end up holding a saber type weapon, it swung like one too. Anyways, when I held the L button down, I took aim..... GUNBLADES!!! (if this is known, then I appologise since I didn't know until today).

Reginaldo
Dec 19, 2008, 10:07 PM
Gunslash silly.

FireFox276
Dec 19, 2008, 10:09 PM
Gunslash silly.

Yeah, realised it about 2 mins after! Sorry people ^_^; But, I really enjoy this game, can't wait for the English version where I can tell what I'm doing!

Reginaldo
Dec 19, 2008, 10:09 PM
Haha we're all noobs at this point it's all good:P

FireFox276
Dec 19, 2008, 10:13 PM
True dat! Wish I could play it more, but alas, sleep is calling me!

therealAERO
Dec 19, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm so sad I can't understand any of it... Plus wow there is a lot of text in story mode, like a whole freaking lot. Anyone know how to heal after getting killed on the field?

Zarode
Dec 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
Either you have a scape doll, or you restart at the town. ;( That or you hope Salisa heals you (she did it to me once, so who knows.)

I'm kicking major ass with my single claw. Why am I having so much fun with this game?! :(((

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 12:43 AM
I'm so sad I can't understand any of it... Plus wow there is a lot of text in story mode, like a whole freaking lot. Anyone know how to heal after getting killed on the field?
can you skip all the dialog, text, and cutscenes by pushing the start button?

Zarode
Dec 20, 2008, 01:55 AM
can you skip all the dialog, text, and cutscenes by pushing the start button?

You can hold the x button to fast forward through the plot. There are times where you will have to make decisions. Who knows if these impact the story dramatically or not.

therealAERO
Dec 20, 2008, 02:06 AM
Yep there is a lot of choices to be made, but just skip it if you can't read it.

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 02:10 AM
to bad you just can push start like in Phantasy Star Portable

Vernon12345
Dec 20, 2008, 02:19 AM
Hi - joined up here to talk about this game! Big old-school PS fan, and started with Blue Burst a year or so ago. Really been hanging out for PSZ, and after playing for an hour, it's fantastic! Just what I was hoping it would be. Pity I can't read the menus, as I accidentally deleted my character:mad:

Vanzazikon
Dec 20, 2008, 03:03 AM
:lol: Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun. I might come back with questions.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 20, 2008, 04:01 AM
Just as a general reminder, anyone that posts a link to the ROM or unlocking codes won't be on the site very long. :-)

And screenshots?

Ryna
Dec 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
And screenshots?

Gameplay and character creation screenshots are fine.

Akaimizu
Dec 20, 2008, 10:00 AM
I think that will probably happen as some folks may be already getting their copy of the game from playasia. However, I would expect the gameplay vids to be a little archaic since this is the Nintendo DS we're talking about. People pretty much have to set up a camera and hold the NDS up and play it to do such a thing. And unless people are doing a crazy head-mounted camera attachment, doing the capture and playing it well will probably be a challenge.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Gameplay and character creation screenshots are fine.

Cool, and thank you for the reply.
Do you mind to create the topic such as there is on PSP and PSU forums?

Ryna
Dec 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
Cool, and thank you for the reply.
Do you mind to create the topic such as there is on PSP and PSU forums?

Sure, I'll take care of that in a few minutes.

Hozanto
Dec 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
I dont really understand why some people are cring over character creation... It is the DS you are talking about you know...

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 12:08 AM
I dont really understand why some people are cring over character creation... It is the DS you are talking about you know...

Having very high expectations will do that to you. Haha... :lol:

jmanx
Dec 22, 2008, 07:01 AM
ARRRGH :3

Cranberry
Dec 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
I'll be getting it in a few days. It shipped today, "pre-ordered it" yesterday. Hope I still get the pre-order bonus.

It seems everyone just skips the text for not being able to read it. How irronic would it be if one of the "decisions" we have to make is a character asking us "Would you like to translate everything into English?" and everyone is answering "No, and never ask me this again" because we can't read it. And then the next question is "Would you like the most powerful weapon in the game?" and we again "No, never ask me again."

Someday we'll look back at this and laugh...

Blue_Beast
Dec 22, 2008, 11:45 AM
so uh when does the US ver. come out??? cause you all are goofy for buying something you cant read

Aeternus
Dec 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
so uh when does the US ver. come out??? cause you all are goofy for buying something you cant read

Nobody knows.. speculation is around summer time.

Not that goofy, the basic gameplay mechanics are somewhat easy to figure out, it's mainly the story mode we're going to be missing until it is localized. I'll gladly play through it again once it is released states side. So far i'm having a blast with it.

Cranberry
Dec 22, 2008, 12:32 PM
Oh no. We are not goofy at all in any way shape or form, and I'll tell you exactly why. Take a look at PSO history. Who does Sega love? Who does Sega give the best content too? Who is Sega's pride and joy? It's not the Englilsh versions. It's the Japanese versions. Has there ever been a PSO or PSU release where they have not had events and one time only prizes and contests prior to the English release? Ever?

Typically the Japanese versions are not only released earlier, but shut down later. Episode 1&2 is a partial exception in which the US players were kicked off Gamecube about a month early when Sega refused their credit cards, leading to JP and EU being shut down at the same time. X-Box the American version did last a few months longer than the Japanese, though it must be noted that they had not received a single update or even lobby change or more than 2 years.

Japanese Blue Burst is up, though its no longer Sega that is running it as they've licensed it out to hangames now.
Proof: http://psobb.hangame.co.jp/

Look at Phantasy Star Universe. We are something like 1 year behind the Japanese in updates and content.

Thinking about it, it almost seems to be more rediculous to wait for a version you know will be poorly supported, receive very late updates, and deny you participation in events.

I'm tired of being at the bottom of the totem pole. I'd much rather give my money to Sonic Team of Japan and be treated like a real customer, than give it to Sonic Team of USA and be ignored.

Aqualic-EX
Dec 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
Oh no. We are not goofy at all in any way shape or form, and I'll tell you exactly why. Take a look at PSO history. Who does Sega love? Who does Sega give the best content too? Who is Sega's pride and joy? It's not the Englilsh versions. It's the Japanese versions. Has there ever been a PSO or PSU release where they have not had events and one time only prizes and contests prior to the English release? Ever?

Typically the Japanese versions are not only released earlier, but shut down later. Episode 1&2 is a partial exception in which the US players were kicked off Gamecube about a month early when Sega refused their credit cards, leading to JP and EU being shut down at the same time. X-Box the American version did last a few months longer than the Japanese, though it must be noted that they had not received a single update or even lobby change or more than 2 years.

Japanese Blue Burst is up, though its no longer Sega that is running it as they've licensed it out to hangames now.
Proof: http://psobb.hangame.co.jp/

Look at Phantasy Star Universe. We are something like 1 year behind the Japanese in updates and content.

Thinking about it, it almost seems to be more rediculous to wait for a version you know will be poorly supported, receive very late updates, and deny you participation in events.

I'm tired of being at the bottom of the totem pole. I'd much rather give my money to Sonic Team of Japan and be treated like a real customer, than give it to Sonic Team of USA and be ignored.

I agree with everything which is said here. Not only is it all true, but it also shows such an obvious reason for people who are importing it.

On top of that, if you're just going for the gameplay you can enjoy the japanese version just as well, seeing how I don't understand a single thing of Japanese writings and I still have a good time playing the game.

SO, I personally think the question should be: Why shouldn't you buy the Japanese version?

Aeternus
Dec 22, 2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with your points.. however, with the DS version, I don't think there will be updates.. or events unfortunately.

But yeah.. sega doesn't give a crap about the US audience.. probably because sales wise, they are more successful in japan... still no excuse with how sega handled PSU though.. what a mess that was/is.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
I disagree with the above 3 posts. Sonic Team of America has disbanded. It's Sonic Team of Japan, or Sega of Japan, that handles ALL of our stuff. The U.S. team are the people who implement them to the server. They wait for JP. I blame JP for hating us. /end rant

Middle
Dec 22, 2008, 03:11 PM
Do you think there will be a translation patch ?

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 04:56 PM
I disagree with the above 3 posts. Sonic Team of America has disbanded. It's Sonic Team of Japan, or Sega of Japan, that handles ALL of our stuff. The U.S. team are the people who implement them to the server. They wait for JP. I blame JP for hating us. /end rant

Don't go around spreading lies like that. SEGA OF AMERICA STILL EXISTS, AND HANDLES ALL LOCALIZATION OF SEGA GAMES.

Do you think there will be a translation patch ?

No. It will get C&D'd really quickly if it happens. Expect the game to come out next year around fall.

Nowhere
Dec 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
No. It will get C&D'd really quickly if it happens. Expect the game to come out next year around fall.

That's not quite right... plenty of translation patches exist that haven't received cease and desist notices, including games published by Sega. But a C&D threat is almost irrelevant because the translations are done almost universally among pirates. If you could C&D that problem away, we wouldn't have all this DRM. ;)

But actually I agree that no (full) translation is going to happen. It's rare to see fan translations for games that are likely going to be localized. I'm not sure where to bet on the menu/item translation though. If someone had reverse engineered the data format for the text I'm 99% certain there'd be a patch.

jmanx
Dec 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
Basically if you played pso and good at it, you will have no problem picking up this version. And man a us version better come out Dx

ChronoTrigga
Dec 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
Don't go around spreading lies like that. SEGA OF AMERICA STILL EXISTS, AND HANDLES ALL LOCALIZATION OF SEGA GAMES.

You obviously misunderstood what I said. Sega of Japan is in charge of everything PSU. Including what updates we receive and when we receive them.

Reginaldo
Dec 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
This game will likely be fan translated. Just look at games like Jump Ultimate Stars for example.

DemonMike
Dec 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
This game will likely be fan translated. Just look at games like Jump Ultimate Stars for example.

Although you have a point, the only reason games like those are fan translated is because its impossible or very unlikely to be released in english (Jump games have licensing problems in the US). Plus I think the current priority for a fan translation is Ragnarok Online DS, as that has a pretty big following and a very doubtful release is western territories.

The most I can see of this game being translated via fan translations is menu's and items. This happend with FFIV DS I recall.