PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU PC/PS2 content update for December 25

EspioKaos
Dec 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=805

Seasonal lobbies
* Once January 1, 2009 rolls around, the Clyez and Ohtoku City lobbies will transform into their New Year's versions. This lobby will be up through January 15.

GUARDIANS Boost Road
* The next GBR will run from December 25 through January 22, and will encompass the following missions.
- Dark Satellite
- SEED Awakened
- The Black Nest
- The Dark God

New mission difficulties
* The following missions will receive new S2 difficulties.
- The Egg Thieves
- The Black Nest
- The Dark God
* The following missions will receive new S3 difficulties.
- Dark Satellite
- SEED Awakened

New rare mission
* Holy Hallucination (http://psupedia.info/Holy_Hallucination) C-S
Since the discovery of Rykros, a strange ruins site has been reported by eyewitnesses across the GUARDIANS Colony. High nanotransformer activity has been detected around it, but its cause is unknown...

(Taking a little inspiration from the localization team, I've decided to give this rare mission a slightly odd name. While an exact translation of it would be "Holy Site of Illusion," I think "Holy Hallucination" suits it well enough.)

New items
* The new missions will drop many new weapons and line shield.
* For the duration of New Year's, the Bamboo decoration will be on sale at Variety Shop.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 19, 2008, 07:38 AM
Damn, another Illusion mission. Wonder what will drop there.
Can't wait to see some S3 missions stateside, they look like a good challenge

DesuJet
Dec 19, 2008, 07:55 AM
Probably the Red Line from the Ruins place. DS and SA are probably only gonna get 150 creatures for S3 though.

Kadajenova
Dec 19, 2008, 08:18 AM
Probably the Red Line from the Ruins place. DS and SA are probably only gonna get 150 creatures for S3 though.

Nope, it will be RED/STAMINA

EspioKaos
Dec 19, 2008, 09:56 AM
Just made a slight update to the first post. Pulling a bit of inspiration from our localization team, I've decided that this rare mission should be called Holy Hallucination (http://psupedia.info/Holy_Hallucination). :> ("Holy Site of Illusion" just sounds so plain...)

:wacko:

desturel
Dec 19, 2008, 10:19 AM
- Dark Satellite
- SEED Awakened

Heh, True Darkness has been placed back where it belongs. :)

Alnet
Dec 19, 2008, 10:47 AM
Well, this looks dangerous.

SEED Awakened S3 sounds downright cruel. I can't wait to see that.

xBladeM6x
Dec 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
I think I just came. Well looks like I'll be looking at the PSU-Pedia drop rate for the new S3's and S2's along with the Rare Mission.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
What another major update for them so soon? Weren't they just starting MAG+ only wks ago??

ashley50
Dec 19, 2008, 11:18 AM
nice...:)

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2008, 11:50 AM
Holy Hallucinations Batman!

Apone
Dec 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
beat me to it...

Kylie
Dec 19, 2008, 12:33 PM
Eww, a GBR with the HIVE missions that aren't True Darkness. :disapprove: That sounds dreadful.

mvffin
Dec 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
seed awakened NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Para
Dec 19, 2008, 04:11 PM
Wow... that GBR... Everyone will get so sick of the music.

ForteGunnerW
Dec 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
SEGA SCORES ANOTHER POINT! oh that will be there second one.. new world record!!!

still does this mean no carnival?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
still does this mean no carnival?
This is for Japan.

Neith
Dec 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
- Dark Satellite
- SEED Awakened

!

HIVE S3? Awesome, hopefully there's some nice drops there (no, what am I saying- I don't want another 400+ run hunt :lol: )

WildArms2
Dec 19, 2008, 09:51 PM
agito repca for all this is awesome board agito repca will drop and possible a new ULTRA RARE board drop!

stukasa
Dec 20, 2008, 01:07 AM
Who listens to the PSU music anyway? :p *opens Jukebox playlist*

darkante
Dec 20, 2008, 03:03 AM

I donīt think many people listen to this game sound track anyway.

I prefer using Winamp for my music needs.
Sometimes, i put on Sega "radio" as well.

http://www.radiosega.net/index.php
=)

Alnet
Dec 20, 2008, 03:11 AM
I donīt think many people listen to this game sound track anyway.

I prefer using Winamp for my music needs.
Sometimes, i put on Sega "radio" as well.

http://www.radiosega.net/index.php
=)
That's all well and good, but PS2 users are SOL on that one. ;3

Noblewine
Dec 20, 2008, 03:27 AM
I can't wait. The final PSO map will finally be released.

Arika
Dec 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
Use this to change music : http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151554

lainofthewired
Dec 24, 2008, 02:03 AM

Funny man make eyes bleed water.

Thanks for pointing that out. We're screwed plain and simple.

Proff
Dec 24, 2008, 09:52 AM

Just go into settings and turn the music volume to 0. Using an external source, like your computer, stereo, or good ol' AM radio, listen to whatever you want. I refuse to allow ANY fellow gamer to suffer through that dreadful HIVE track for four missions, over and over.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 25, 2008, 04:54 AM
lol, lvl 170 players against lvl 145 enemies...

EspioKaos
Dec 25, 2008, 08:14 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=807

Update notes!

First, you will be prompted to download a patch when you sign on for the first time after the update. This will bring you up to ver.2.0009.5.

Universe name changes
* Per normal event transitions, the final three universes (24-26) have been changed from "Recommended for MAG+" to "Recommended for event/GBR."

Modifications
* If a player has the maximum amount of Meseta in their personal inventory, they will not be able to pick up Meseta that has dropped on the ground.
* If a player attempts to sell an item to an NPC vendor when they have max Meseta in their personal inventory, they will not be able to sell the item.

Bug fixes
* In the Episode 3 mission "For brighter day," a bug was discovered which prevented the proper damage calculations from being used when the boss' elemental attribute changed. This has been fixed, so now the boss will take appropriate damage from opposite elements.

Newly discovered bug fixes
* In "Rogues' Shortcut," certain map variations were affected with defective ensnarement traps. This has been corrected.
* When PSU users partied with AOTI users, and an AOTI player used the claw skill Bukuu Saien-zan, the PSU user would see no indication of the AOTI player doing anything. This has been fixed.
* In the Episode 3 mission "Restorations," if a PS2 player used a machinegun, the firing sound effect would loop continuously until the system was shut off. This has been corrected.

Balance adjustments
* The attack patterns of the boss of "For brighter day" have been adjusted.

gratefulgriz
Dec 25, 2008, 08:29 PM
wow thanks espio!! good info

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 26, 2008, 08:31 AM
Apparently Spread Needle drops in the newest rare free mission, but no one's uploaded any pics to uploader yet. Assume it's rarer than red unit? :o

Golto
Dec 26, 2008, 09:44 AM
Apparently Spread Needle drops in the newest rare free mission, but no one's uploaded any pics to uploader yet. Assume it's rarer than red unit? :o

Knowning how the JPNs like to give rangers the shaft I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1/10000000000000 drop.

Atomic646
Dec 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
LMFAO Was wondering if they were coming out with S3 missions

Arika
Dec 26, 2008, 09:52 AM
well ranger doesn't need to find high % like melee, and it seem to drop made, so it make sense to be very rare.

and with this, they don't cheat on those people who spam MAG-C in the past too.

(if they made it to drop easy, a lot would complain)

Tyreek
Dec 26, 2008, 09:55 AM
Here's hoping for Ely Sion dropping on these S3 missions.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 26, 2008, 07:23 PM
Knowning how the JPNs like to give rangers the shaft I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1/10000000000000 drop.

What do you mean? Quite alot of GM usable drops have been available recently, Guld Milla, Killer Elite, Adana Degahna Cannon... Whereas FMs have to make do with made 12s weapons with 33% fixed element as ST are holding back on the boards for 12s melee.

Dhylec
Dec 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=807

Update notes!
Modifications
* If a player has the maximum amount of Meseta in their personal inventory, they will not be able to pick up Meseta that has dropped on the ground.
* If a player attempts to sell an item to an NPC vendor when they have max Meseta in their personal inventory, they will not be able to sell the item.

I find this part a bit humorous, but for a good cause. Max meseta means store in PM or don't bother with picking up more or selling for more. This would force richie to give away unwanted items or skip all together?
I wonder if the the picked up meseta is split among the rest or something else?

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
sounds like gunners are just spoiled