PDA

View Full Version : Gurhal's Next Top Model De Beast... is Touka!

Mysterious-G
Dec 19, 2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the next round of Gurhal's Next Top Model !
While the last poll (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154386) featured 4 Newman Siblings, this poll will consist of 5 Beast girls! Each of them looks completely different, yet, they are all as beautiful! Who will be the winner of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Beast ?!
You decide! Vote for whom you like the most, but keep in mind that you can only vote once, and only for one person!
May the race begin!
[spoiler-box]
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1803/polldebeastdg8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Informations about the upcoming poll Gurhals's Next Top Model De Caseal:
[spoiler-box]The rules to participate are the following:

-We will be selecting the competitors, however, you can show us pictures of your caseal in the PSU Fashion Thread and might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll

-A working subscription is required, aswell as the possibility to take screenshots. You can either take them yourself or via a friend.

-PC/PS2 only, both US/EU and JP
[/spoiler-box]

Kylie
Dec 19, 2008, 04:01 PM
Based on originality, I’d vote for Touka because his is the outfit I’ve seen least before. I’ve seen the other outfits a lot... Well, besides Seroity's, but there's not that much creativity involved when just changing an outfit's shoes. :-P Speaking of Seority, I'm actually really impressed by the colors she chose. The hair, the Amorosso, and the shoes all go very well together. I usually hate lolis (and I read what you said before--beast lolis are not any more original than tall ones, hun), but I do like this. I've made my vote. :)

Adriano
Dec 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
Touka.
Runner up for my vote was Kard. ;D

Ezodagrom
Dec 19, 2008, 04:45 PM
My vote goes for Kyrlia ^^

RAGNAGELPPOD
Dec 19, 2008, 05:44 PM
Kard hands down. Dat beast is JUICY.

Neith
Dec 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
Touka. He'd kick my ass if I didn't vote for him after entering him :lol:

DOWN WITH LOLI :wacko:

ParadiTester
Dec 19, 2008, 09:23 PM
Seority is really unique because of her hair that matches her outfit, but she's still looks kinda like average loli-beast :\ Eh... going with Xotchil, she's freaking adorable. Light skinned, blonde hair and her eyes are really unique. Nice char. =)

Airlia
Dec 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yay go me! x3 (Xo's my beast)

All those beasts sure are pretty :3

Rust
Dec 19, 2008, 09:32 PM
Voted Xotchil 'cause that's the only one among the four I'd have liked to see making it to this poll who actually made it. So my choice was already pretty much done before the poll started.

(And don't know why exactly, but I already decided I wouldn't vote for the "guest star" in each poll unless I really don't like the four regular entries at all.)

Mimo
Dec 19, 2008, 09:34 PM
yay go Air!!!!!!!!!!!! xo is so cute x3 makes me wish i had a beast like that ;D
-goes and deletes THAT guy- lol...

going by fashionnessnessness:
id say xo's outfit is some-what common, `-` but no one can pull that look better than her, colors go nice with teh xotchil :3

EDIT:
-zomg air just noticed you had psow account since 2003!!!... why do you only have 7 posts! D: you should have told me about psow when i joined the psu wagon xD

autumn
Dec 19, 2008, 09:47 PM
Touka looks most original imo so Touka got my vote. I was kinda disappointed with the choices for this T_T Seority just looks like a loli-beast and Kard, Xotchil, and Kyrlia are wearing outfits I've seen on a dozen or so other people while playing this game. None of them were really fantastic looking, something that stood out and showed off their character. I'll keep watching for more Gurhal's Top though seeing as I'm quite interested in Phasion ^_-

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 19, 2008, 09:53 PM
Touka.

It's an original look I haven't seen done millions of times before. No, matching your hair with your clothes isn't original it's called common sense.

Touka combines a very calming, almost ocean-like color scheme with clothes that most people don't look at beyond "Great, I made this new character, now to slap her ass in <insert overused clothing that the other contestants are in>"

If I had to choose a runner up for my vote I'd say Xotchil maybe. I mean as far as original, how original is it when another contestant is wearing a different color of the SAME shirt? While it's been overdone, I liked the color selection and the overall look served to bring out her eye color and accentuate her face- which is the best part of her look by far.

All in all I'm a little disappointed by the selections but by far most fashinwise/original goes to Touka, with Xotchil as runner up.

If you are interested, my reasons for not choosing the others:

Seo: Too drab. Far too much of one color. While it shows you actually paid attention to your character when putting the outfit together, it just didn't thrill me. Also, all Lolis are immediately placed at the bottom of the originality list.

Kard: Personal preference. Your look is.... fundamentally good, but I can't stand yellow or overly tan girls, so you lost on both occasions.

Xotchil: Come back with some less used clothing and you'd've been my favorite. love the character build, overused clothing scheme. Also, the armor? horrible with the shirt.

Kyrlia: See above. Your outfit was the MOST USED EVAR in this group. I see on average 3-4 girls wearing your outfit in varying colors everyday. I like your ears and hair, not much else.

Adriano
Dec 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
Xotchil wins inthe pose department IMO.
/seariuouz faec

Mimo
Dec 19, 2008, 10:01 PM
oops D: i was the one who took xotchil's screenshots for her, we took some without the armor, but when i was looking over the pics i chose this one because of how xotchil was posing, really suits her character :3

x.x forgot to pick a picture without the armor, sorries xotchil D:

Airlia
Dec 19, 2008, 10:13 PM
LOL s'okay Mimo. (yes Im a big time lurker here e.e)

But lol I'll agree, green line shield does not look great at all Dx
I was thinking of getting her to wear other clothing because I had a feeling that was seen around already but I really liked the colours and personally I go for colours.

I'll put some of her outfits in the Fashion Thread sometime later for all to see ;D

Col
Dec 19, 2008, 10:23 PM
Voted Xo, since she's my girlfriend, and beats the others hands down in design and originality. Go Xo Go! :D

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 19, 2008, 10:33 PM
Voted Xo, since she's my girlfriend, and beats the others hands down in design and originality. Go Xo Go! :D
Clearly her attention to design and orignality is why you voted for her >.<

Also, I'd love to see some of your other images for Xo. Like I said, if it wasn't for the clothes you'd've been first hands down.

Kard
Dec 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
A nice set of votes already, and a close race so far! I was going to save any comments until next week after the poll, but I'll just say now that I don't want people thinking I just slapped on an outfit and called it a day - it took me a long time to decide, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not that surprised it's a common outfit, but I really would not have known. I have about 3 months total of playing PSU online, and most of it was solo. In any case, I'm still not sure what people are expecting out of clothing that you have not seen before, but still looks good.

Oh, and BIGGIEstyle (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=54673), she's black! I left the unnecessary spray-on tan at home to bring da hood to you unabridged, brotha.

Anyway, good luck to all, and may the tastiest win! (*'-')b

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
LoL then my apologies then Kard.

I'm just used to my ebony beast goddesses to be more ebony than her >.<

Kard
Dec 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
Wow, really? I haven't seen many even AS dark as Kardia, haha. I guess I really do need to spend some more time online~

Kylie
Dec 19, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm not that surprised it's a common outfit, but I really would not have known. I have about 3 months total of playing PSU online, and most of it was solo. In any case, I'm still not sure what people are expecting out of clothing that you have not seen before, but still looks good.It's really about looking good, and I do like your outfit. In fact, I think I might have worn it at some point in a different color. :-P I only made my comment about originality because it matters a little in this type of thing, but to tell you the truth, I think some people are guilty of worrying about it so much so that they end up looking bad, which somehow equals fashion to them. No one in this competition really took it in that direction, so I'm not calling anyone out.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
I agree there are many WORSE combinations that the contestants could've worn. At least I know they all can keep from CLASHING with themselves LoL

Aorre
Dec 19, 2008, 11:09 PM
Xotchil because her name is Xotchil.

Also blonde.

Arika
Dec 20, 2008, 01:43 AM
Because too many people mention clothes a lot, well.. just to calrify that this is not fashion show contest, it is just a model competition. (in reality, model don't even need to choose her clothes, they always have manager to arrange things for them)

So the most simple way is that who do you think that look best.

I think that wearing new clothes has advantage in the new invention score, but disadvantage on some identity score.

Anon_Fire
Dec 20, 2008, 01:49 AM
Seority looks so cute ^^

She gets my vote.

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2008, 01:49 AM
Votes Seority, though I think the lack of a non-set outfit is getting her less votes.

Too many bigger beasts for my liking, so that's just my personal opinion. (Mainly because I see WAAAAY Fewer loli beasts than I do loli newmans...) In the end it's a popularity contest :3. (At least that's how model voting is IRL ^^)

Ickyvin
Dec 20, 2008, 03:31 AM
Xotchil. Why? Because she's fair skinned, golden hair and her eyes are red, looks good. Unlike other beasts who have red eyes and their faces look all angry, like they just got mugged. Well, my point is Xotchil looks hot! And hot models have to know how to pose! =D

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2008, 04:08 AM
Why does she remind me of Britney Spears?

No seriously, why? There's no reason.

Alnet
Dec 20, 2008, 04:30 AM
Kard.

Honestly, of the 5, Kard is the only one who I could look at and say "yes, I would hit that". >_>

Though I probably shouldn't have said that... Looks like I'd best be hittin' that old dusty trail, if anything...

Touka
Dec 20, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hmmm I guess I should've redone Touka's pose but it's a bit late for that.I've posted pics of the outfits that didn't make the cut in my PSU folder on my PSOW page,in case anyone was intrested.

Seority
Dec 20, 2008, 07:45 AM
OMG F*ING DOUBLE POSTING

Seority
Dec 20, 2008, 07:48 AM
Yes.
Those Amos. boots are just ugly looking and I love the FOnewies shoes, so yeah that's what I got. Btw Ky, I can't change much more then the shoes with that outfit ;>>

Guess I'm "too loli" for peoples liking. I have to agree with DreX though. I see way more dark/tall beast women then loli ones, and WAY more loli newmans if anything was too loli. Lolz.

Rust
Dec 20, 2008, 08:24 AM
The loli/nonloli distribution is pretty much 50/50 among beasts, I come across a lot of both.
Still, there is a shitload of loli newearls, that's for sure (and I participate to that).
But that's already been discussed (though quite fell down into the flamewarz) on another thread.

If anything, Seo, I'd say your beast still earns good points in originality for the sole reason she's the only loli to scare the shit out of me. :lol:

Seority
Dec 20, 2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks Rust :3

Kard
Dec 20, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmm I guess I should've redone Touka's pose but it's a bit late for that.I've posted pics of the outfits that didn't make the cut in my PSU folder on my PSOW page,in case anyone was intrested.

Haha, same here. I did a whole 'photo shoot' the day I sent i my entry and I was never satisfied with the picture I submitted, so I went and made a profile gallery of the other images. X3 I've always enjoyed just posing and snapping pics of my characters in MMOs though, so I guess it was bound to happen... o.o

Now I'd better get out of here myself before Alnet returns. @.@

Midicronica
Dec 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm usually not into this kind of thing but female beast catch my attention. Krylia gets my vote. You really want to get my attention do a female cast model thing. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2008, 11:06 AM
Man, for a 50/50 ratio seems like there is only one loli in there >_>

And Midi, I think they will, It's like, around the world with races, however.

(Anyone with a fleshy CAST instantly loses my vote)

Neith
Dec 20, 2008, 12:14 PM

And Midi, I think they will, It's like, around the world with races, however.

(Anyone with a fleshy CAST instantly loses my vote)

I'm thankful there's only one loli, I'm sick of seeing them.

As for the fleshy casts...I'll be entering my caseal whenever there's a contest available. I can't stand the robotic faces (I used one for a bit, but they all look like ass). Even the HUcaseal face looks terrible in PSU. I can't speak for Male Casts, because I hate them all equally. :wacko:

MaximusLight
Dec 20, 2008, 12:22 PM
Well before I cast my vote....

Hello everyone, now lets see some more pics >;p

Mysterious-G
Dec 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Well before I cast my vote....

Hello everyone, now lets see some more pics >;p

I will be mean and forbid them to do so. ;)
Everybody had plenty of time to take the picture for the poll, so if they just noticed that something is not perfect, it is their own fault.
Personally, I should have chosen a blue instead of a green armor. :lol:
Anyway, posting other pictures only would influence peoples' votes, so doing so leads to disqualification.

FirefoxKyuubi
Dec 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Meh not much of a good choice in my opinion. but if I HAD to pick Kard.

Kard
Dec 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
I will be mean and forbid them to do so. ;)
Everybody had plenty of time to take the picture for the poll, so if they just noticed that something is not perfect, it is their own fault. Personally, I should have chosen a blue instead of a green armor. :lol:
We should have just made a group shot of all of us cuddling in bikinis. The poll would decide which beast would be the most ticklish. ;o

Rust
Dec 20, 2008, 02:10 PM

Well, I think you're smart enough to notice this thread, or the Phashion thread, more adequately, doesn't reflect at all the PC/PS2 population. The pics you see in it are the ones from people who care to show their character, and can take captions. That excludes a majority PS2 players, to begin with, since they don't all have a nice friend to take pics of their character.

Not to add that 75 % of the players I happen to come across to on Universe 02, I have never seen them hanging on those boards.

I can't speak for Male Casts, because I hate them all equally. :wacko:

I love my gas mask, thanks.
But all male casts with a fleshy face are looking like poo. Mainly because of that ugly line crossing their face horizontally. I noticed most of the ones using robotic faces are considering them as helmet and have a fleshy 'without helmet' variation of their character.
Believe me, you really don't want to see what's lying under the gas mask of mine. :wacko:

Kinako78
Dec 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
It was a tough call for me, cause I liked three of them a lot, but I had to go with Touka. I love her hair and you don't see many beasts wearing Neudaiz clothes (including mine XD).

Touka
Dec 20, 2008, 03:28 PM
Kard:Haha good i'm not the only one who did that XD
I'll check out your gallery in a bit,I like your entry btw :)

ThaiSoup
Dec 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
I voted Touka, I think next we need the mankini edition...

KunoTatewaki
Dec 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
Xelly had a hard time choosing from this fine selection but came to the conclusion of picking.... Touka ^_^

Seority
Dec 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
I honestly see more tall dark female beasts lol.

Ickyvin
Dec 20, 2008, 07:02 PM
Why does she remind me of Britney Spears?

No seriously, why? There's no reason.

There's no reason, obviously because somehow everything/anyone with blonde hair must remind you of Britney Spears. How tragic for someone to always have a Britney Spears flying around in their head. :(

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2008, 07:05 PM
There's no reason, obviously because somehow everything/anyone with blonde hair must remind you of Britney Spears. How tragic for someone to always have a Britney Spears flying around in their head. :(

It really is! Maybe she just looks poppy. :O

SStrikerR
Dec 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
Touka.

Flotron
Dec 21, 2008, 12:46 AM
Xotchil! She rocks! =D

MaximusLight
Dec 21, 2008, 11:52 PM
Karen says I can't vote now....

Nika
Dec 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
African next top model =/= pale skin!!
Kyrlia or Kard must win!

GH499
Dec 22, 2008, 01:27 AM
agree, Touka look like just a newman, she doesn't really show the beast's outstanding point.

I feel the same way to Michael Jackson

Ken_Silver
Dec 22, 2008, 01:29 AM
My vote goes to Kard, even if the red eyes appear creepy and demonic to me...

Touka
Dec 22, 2008, 01:42 AM
agree, Touka look like just a newman, she doesn't really show the beast's outstanding point.

I feel the same way to Michael Jackson

Then what iyo is the most outstanding point for beasts?I wear Neudaiz clothing by choice because I think it suits her.Sure a lot of beasts are dark but not all of them are(Liina is a prime example,also the fat Vol brother).

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 03:42 AM
Ugh, I can't beleive my two favorite's are in last =(.

It's a race of the (relatively) clones!

Mysterious-G
Dec 22, 2008, 04:13 AM
It's a race of the (relatively) clones!

Okay, clone race was last poll, but why is this one?
I start to think that all people look the same to you. o_o

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 04:22 AM
I just think that the two most unique options are unavailable now. =/. I've seen beasts and poses like the others, not to say they are bad.

Kyrlia is unique-ish but that's about it imho =/

Aeris
Dec 22, 2008, 07:16 AM
Xotchil! She rocks! =D

Same here, she has the looks =P

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 08:46 AM
Remember this is popularity contest over all. You can have the best look, but whom ever has the most "friends" will "win" this.

Also, since you do get a few real votes that are for your fasion, why would you put in something unique? There is a reason that you put in something that is seen all the time. Because it's popular! For some reason, people like to see tall dark beast women, so putting one in will have the best chances of getting votes.
So actually for these events, being the least creative and unique will give you a win.

Replace the contestents with high schoolers and put the compitition in a high school. In this we have 3 cheerleader clones, and lets say a varsity girl and an art freak. All are pretty girls mind you, and this is supposed to be a vote for fashion, but we all know who is going to win. It's which ever cheerleader has the most friends wins. Why is there no hope for others? Because the general school population will vote for them as well because they are generally good looking and have the best clothes. Even though there are three of them, they will be the most liked, leaving the two different ones completely out of it.

There is a reason things are unique. You can't have a unique AND popular look. (Something I came to realize.)

Adriano
Dec 22, 2008, 09:13 AM
Remember this is popularity contest over all. You can have the best look, but whom ever has the most "friends" will "win" this.

Eh? I don't even know Touka.
You just sound like a spoil sport. IMO.
This was meant to be fun right?
You don't necessarily have to be winning to have fun with it.

xTwiztidClown
Dec 22, 2008, 09:18 AM
I think Seority. Nice hair.

Arika
Dec 22, 2008, 09:22 AM
True, this poll is just meant to be fun, why so many people take it so serious?

The very simply rule to vote is just "who look best?" This is not "who look the most unique" contest. unique =/= best. (depend on personal oppinion)

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
This thread has become the ultimate awesome, just because of Arika's Joker impression~

True, this poll is just meant to be fun, why so many people take it so serious?

The very simply rule to vote is just "who look best?" This is not "who look the most unique" contest. unique =/= best. (depend on personal oppinion)

(*'-')b

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 10:31 AM
Yes I am sad that Seo's last (I am honest you know =P)

But it's true that whomever wins this is just because they have the most friends.
I DID state though that there are a few real votes for fashion and whomever has the one that people like to see most (aka POPULAR) will get those as well. (aka LEAST unique)

Thanks for restating my whole post Arika lol.
Oh, and thanks Twiz. I have great pride in meh hair =3

Rust
Dec 22, 2008, 10:38 AM

Out of the five contestants, I know you, Kard and Kyr, still I voted for Xotchil, because that's the character I prefered overall, ever since I saw screenshots of her in various outfits during the submission. I really don't give a crap about the originality of the character or of their outift, I just vote for the one I like more than the others.
For example, I didn't vote for Touka because of the clothes combination (which I happen to actually like), but because I don't like the character's face (sorry, guy, just a matter of tastes there).

Yes, the Phasnis vest with several types of pants and shorts is overused, yet I really like this outfit, so if the one wearing it pulls it nicely, she'd get my vote.
Same, though here I made an exception because Xotchil's look really got my attention, I don't like super pale characters, usually ; I tend to prefer tanned ones (though, for instance, Kard is too dark for my likings), and not too tall. Female characters at max heights have legs way longer than the rest of their body, that looks horribly stupid...

Anyways, it has indeed made for fun, so everyone went with the outfit they wanted to use, and it's all good.
Out of the four characters I'd have liked to see make it to the poll (excluding mine, since obviously, I hoped to make it through it too, or else I wouldn't have submitted anything), only one actually did. Yet, I didn't discuss this choice, because it's only a poll, with no impact on anything. Whatever is the result of it, that won't change anything anywhere, so... where's the deal ?

(I'll admit, I'd have discussed the result if Primera had made it, since there wasn't a single pic of that character submitted in the Phashion thread, which I wouldn't call to be fair for all those who submitted something.)

This thread has become the ultimate awesome, just because of Arika's Joker impression~

*thinks about Arika with Joker's makeup and scars*

*shivers*

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
Also, since you do get a few real votes that are for your fashion, why would you put in something unique?

I DID state though that there are a few real votes for fashion and whomever has the one that people like to see most (aka POPULAR) will get those as well. (aka LEAST unique)

Please stop over-looking these. x3

Neith
Dec 22, 2008, 11:13 AM

Not to put him down, but have you actually looked at Touka's page? if we're talking popularity contest, then Kyrlia or yourself should be winning. I know from experience that Touka doesn't really make a point of making loads of friends on here (in fact, I don't know if he'd have entered if I hadn't have put him forward for it). Even if you mean the clothes- good luck finding someone wearing that set. There are FAR less original outfits in this poll.

So the point of this being a popularity contest is moot. I was honestly expecting Kyrlia to win this hands down, because a lot of people know that character's name and would vote on familiarity. I don't know if you're just annoyed you've been last, but it just seems like you're accusing this of a popularity contest for no reason (as like I said, Touka isn't that well known except by the people he plays with).

I'll be honest and admit I thought this'd be a popularity contest (Kyrlia knows this, I mailed her about it), but I thought the popular names would pull all the votes (Kyrlia, Seority). While there's admittedly still time to vote, I think it's ridiculous that people are accusing this of being a popularity contest when one of the not-so-big names is in 1st place?

For whoever said Touka shouldn't win because she's pale- where does it say that all beasts have to be tanned? If you argue all beasts live on Moatoob, you're an idiot- the game even allows you to live on whatever planet you want. I don't even think Touka's room is on Moatoob.

Seriously, some of you are far too close-minded. Are you all going to flip out when I enter a tanned Newman in the next Newman poll? :lol:

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, we will ALL flip out.

I can barely hang on to my seat! FUUUUUUUUUCK INTEEEEEEEEEEENSE N SHIIIIIIIIIT

Seo's points were pretty valid if you read through her posts ^^.

I definitely know if she wanted to she could get all her gaia friends to register and vote for her and make her votes in the hundreds or so, but yeah, I guess she's trying to keep it fair.

I'm sure others can do the same.

VectormanX
Dec 22, 2008, 11:37 AM
*voted for Kard*
I would have entered my beast girl, but i don't stand a chance seeing as how I'm on the wrong server and all :p

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 11:39 AM
This isn't yet real drama; it's what drama would be if it were a loli.

I just wanted to pose and take/post pics, and get my fun out of that! Of course there would be some bias here and there, but as Neith said, it's not so much a "popularity contest" as some people would have feared.

Seority, if tall, dark beasts were so hot to everyone everywhere, then it might as well have just been Kard and Kyrlia alone massaging each other for this contest. Stop mentioning the tall, dark beast thing. You bring it up in almost every post. The exact opposite, which would be you, is no more unique, and since lolis are rampantly spread across different races more than anything else, their sheer populance and sameness annoys a lot of people. That's all this is.

Now where's my Joker picture...

Mysterious-G
Dec 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
(I'll admit, I'd have discussed the result if Primera had made it, since there wasn't a single pic of that character submitted in the Phashion thread, which I wouldn't call to be fair for all those who submitted something.)

A part of my post with the details about how the competitors were picked for this voting, as seen in the last poll:

[...]The next round of Gurhal's Next Top Model will be about your female Beasts! We will still be selecting the competitors, but you can help us! Why not post some pictures of your Beast in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498)? Show your Beast from it's best side, then
you might get chosen to be one of the competitors of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Beast![...]

It was never said that competitors have to send in pictures there. Doing that helped us finding possibly good competitors we did not know before, however.
We knew Kard and Seority before, but neither Xotchil nor Touka. I am very glad personally, because they both look awesome, in my opinion. Just as Kard and Seority.
About Kyrlia being in this poll... Well, the number of votes she got speaks for itself.

For whoever said Touka shouldn't win because she's pale- where does it say that all beasts have to be tanned? If you argue all beasts live on Moatoob, you're an idiot- the game even allows you to live on whatever planet you want. I don't even think Touka's room is on Moatoob.

Seriously, some of you are far too close-minded. Are you all going to flip out when I enter a tanned Newman in the next Newman poll? :lol:

They are not close-minded. It is just their opinion, and their preference. They think pale beasts look ugly. You think different.
Aren't you acting close-minded for saying that they are close-minded for having that opinion? Or is that just my opinion?
As you can see, it is all about opinions and preferences. Everybody has different ones. ;)

Since lolis are rampantly spread across different races more than anything else, their sheer populance and sameness annoys a lot of people. That's all this is.

If there are so many lolis to be disliked, there surely are many people that like to play as them.
Depends on your opinion, whether you dislike lolis or not. Saying that lolis bother all people in general, cannot be correct, however.

Please calm down guys. You all write surprisingly much for saying you do not care much about these kind of contests. There is no use clashing about preferences.
Even I said more than I wanted to about this, already.

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
If there are so many lolis to be disliked, there surely are many people that like to play as them.
Depends on your opinion, whether you dislike lolis or not.
Exactly my point. I was pointing out a very likely reason why the loli in this poll has had the hardest time getting votes so far.

Saying that lolis bother all people in general, cannot be correct, however.
I never said "all people", but in any case I do agree with that sentence.

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 12:16 PM
Seority, if tall, dark beasts were so hot to everyone everywhere, then it might as well have just been Kard and Kyrlia alone massaging each other for this contest. Stop mentioning the tall, dark beast thing. You bring it up in almost every post. The exact opposite, which would be you, is no more unique, and since lolis are rampantly spread across different races more than anything else, their sheer populance and sameness annoys a lot of people. That's all this is.

This is why I bring it up so much.

[spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/3075689080_e6c0f23ae2.jpg?v=0http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/3075689204_385ac3a85b.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/3074854745_800b6c0340_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/3075689444_9737672369_m.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/3074854917_4f6c7ccba0_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/3075689764_b759bcc04a_m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/Touka%20Pics/MiyabiTouka_01.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/Touka%20Pics/Dugrega_01.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8615/claudiawtoa0.jpg http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6137/beast11ty2.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3299/beast13bg9.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9155/beast12qb6.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/443/beast03lm4.jpg

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1759/beast01lv2.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7760/beast05td7.jpg http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5585/claudiaatwm7.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4486/beast02mg7.jpg http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4953/beast04ko3.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8764/psu20081202015906015on6.jpg http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8629/claudiaftts6.jpg http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6296/psu20081202015910022ro0.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8196/psu20081202015434003wk4.jpg http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7018/psu20081202015641005fk8.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/882/psu20081202015647006xb3.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7822/beast14dd1.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2527/beast08tj8.jpg http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9655/beast10xz8.jpg http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4151/claudiamfgk3.jpg

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1234/beast09rv4.jpg http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3835/beast07mj6.jpg http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/1020/beast06fg5.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=279&pictureid=2089 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=279&pictureid=2091 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=279&pictureid=2094[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=3710 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=3718

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=3722 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=3728
[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/PSU/kard023.jpg?t=1228247207http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/PSU/kard034.jpg?t=1228247221http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/PSU/kard029.jpg?t=1228247024

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/PSU/k028.jpg?t=1228247705http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/PSU/k024.jpg?t=1228246982http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=452&pictureid=4714
[/spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Ju2U_mnag
(Stop at 0:35)

http://www.psoplanet.com/uploaded_images/A14_01.1-732488.jpg

Now, can someone tell me what all these female beasts have in common?
No? Then I'll do it for you.
Tall.
Thick.
Dark.
(Just like that ever so creative pre-set female beast from the start up menu =) )
/enddiscussion[/spoiler-box]

Lol, you think lolis are the ONLY over dominate things.

Neith
Dec 22, 2008, 12:25 PM
They are not close-minded. It is just their opinion, and their preference. They think pale beasts look ugly. You think different.
Aren't you acting close-minded for saying that they are close-minded for having that opinion? Or is that just my opinion?
As you can see, it is all about opinions and preferences. Everybody has different ones. ;)

Firstly:

Thank you, Kard. You seem to be the only person who thinks the same as me on this.

Yes, I think pale is fine, but if you (Kyrlia) looked, someone a couple of pages back said something along the lines of 'why so many pale beasts if they're African'. I just stated that Beasts in PSU don't all live on Moatoob (and if you want to get technical, not all of Moatoob is even hot, so even a Beast from Moatoob might not be tanned if they're meant to be from a region like Vio Tonga), so Touka/Xotchil have a right to enter a pale character if they wish.

@ Drex: Seo's comments aren't valid, in my opinion. It just comes across as complaining because something she doesn't like is winning. Calling it a popularity contest when a) the player in 1st place isn't a well known member and b) the outfit isn't that common, especially among Beasts is just stupid. As for backing Seo up and blowing this way out of proportion, I totally expected it of you.

@ Seority: Give it up already, you sound like a broken record. No-one cares that you have issues with the entrants. The Fashion group chose the entrants, take it up with them instead of complaining about it here. Anyone could've entered a character, but barely anyone did. What are the Fashion group supposed to work with exactly if few people enter? Even then, it's based on a group decision as to who gets nominated. If you're gonna go on and on and on and on and on and on about this, then let me say this for you again:

TOUKA IS NOT DARK

Likewise, if I ever win one of these, I'll know some votes are just because of my post count and my so-called status here. Although, knowing some people, I'd be more likely to drop votes because of that :lol:

Whatever. Can we please just get on with the votes, or scrap this idea altogether? In both of the votes so far, there's been flaming and stupid arguments based on e-peen and nothing more. The whole idea of a fair contest to everyone is stupid (as we've seen, someone will always call out the results), so I'm not sure I even see the point anymore.

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hmm, yeah I honestly only see an overabundance of Newmans and CAST loli's.

But whatever everyone enjoys playing as, I just hope we get a male contest soon. =]

And to Neith, I'm not just backing her up BECAUSE she' Seo.

Obviously none of these guys are popular ENOUGH (or cheap enough) to pull tactics that actually don't require opinion at ALL!

You know people go out and tell friends to vote for them often not because of their intentions, beliefs, or actual looks, but because they are FRIENDS. lol.

Just because the first place person isn't popular doesn't mean that's generally not the case ;|. Obviously there are no-name underdogs that have risen to fame amongst many popular other people.

As for Neith's comment of "Well IN MY OPINION Seo is wrong so SOOO PREDICATABLE DREX BLOWING SHIT OUTTA PROPORTION" please chill out, I clearly am not just "Backing up Seo", I have a mind of my own, and if you haven't seen in the past, we have quite varying opinions across the forums.

Sadly, events like this are won by MAJORITY VOTE. Aka, most POPULAR, which can be achieved by someone with the most friends telling everyone to make accounts and vote for them. MAJORITY Vote does involve popularity (See: Webster's Dictionary)

Well, good luck to everyone, just throwing in my two cents.

Neith
Dec 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
Sadly, events like this are won by MAJORITY VOTE. Aka, most POPULAR, which can be achieved by someone with the most friends telling everyone to make accounts and vote for them. MAJORITY Vote does involve popularity (See: Webster's Dictionary)

Well, good luck to everyone, just throwing in my two cents.

All I'm gonna say to that is (again): Look at the results so far. Last I checked, Touka was winning, and he's not the most popular person there (Kyrlia, or maybe even Seority is). Regardless of what I think of the people in the vote, those two are the most popular, well-known posters on PSOW, out of the people selected for the poll (though Kard is popular in FKL). I honestly haven't seen Xotchil before, and Touka doesn't post here that often.

Like I said, I expected Kyrlia to walk this, due partly to popularity. How it's a popularity contest when one of the lesser-known entrants is winning, I don't know.

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 01:13 PM
I'm going to answer that copy/paste Seo post the same vein as I did in the Phashion thread: that list shows some beasts without dark skin. Aumi, Touka, and Typheros's character. If your definition of "dark" is someone with even a little tan, well, then you got me! Now, there are plenty of loli pics scattered around that I could post, but that wouldn't prove anything either. If you want to tell me that tall, dark humans and newmans are in such abundance as lolis/small characters of all races, go ahead and humor me.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 22, 2008, 01:30 PM
Wow.... just wow.

This is ridiculous how much people are getting all worked up over this. Honestly, why are you all freaking out over something that really doesn't matter?

Seo: You're losing, I understand that you're a bit miffed about it, but geez, be the bigger person and act like an adult instead of complaining. You'd have just as many complaints if Seority was a tall dark skinned beast and the other competitors were pale lolis. You are being a sore loser, this has nothing to do with originality or fashion on anyone else's part.

Drexxin: While you do have your own mind- as I have seen in the past- it really just looks like you're blindly sticking up for your girl. All your comments about popularity contests and getting people to sign up and vote for contestants is just making Seo look worse (because she's one of the most popular people in the poll, and because you said she could get hundreds of votes from her gaia friends)

This was supposed to be a fun competition and honestly I'm surprised to see that one of the lesser known players here is in the lead. It's not because they're having people register and vote, it's not because they're popular, it's because they have the character that most people find aesthetically pleasing. Just because it happens to be a tall character doesn't mean anything.

And just clarifying MY reasons for the vote to appease the different parties:

Touka: Was a well-sized (Not too tall, as a previous poster said max height character's legs are TOO long) beast who was wearing an outfit that I don't see all the time that still looked good along with her character's complexion and hairstyle.

Seority: You lost my vote- not because of your height- because overall your look seems drab to me with your entire look being the same washed-out color of green, the look would have been FAR better if you had gone with a look where you could incorporate different colors, hell, even a hair color change would've made ya look 30% better in my eyes. I like my fashion to have multiple colors working in concert, not 1 main color and some fringe.

Kard: Honestly, I'm kind of sad you used the outfit you did. I looked through your screenies and you have some fantastic outfits in there that would've clinched my vote. Also looking through there the fact that eluded me before about your beast being black, it must've been the lighting in the area you were in because it was much more noticeable in your other pics. I think you've got a good looking beast regardless of how I voted, and be proud of her heritage sister >.<

Xotchil: I liked her face. The overall proportions of her face left her looking adorable, and she went with a pair of eyes that I do not see all to often myself, as I said the only things that I did not like about her was the clothes themselves being too run-of-the-mill IMO, and the mix up that caused a pic with her neutral armor to be posted :P

Kyrlia: I'm not a fan of the angry beast woman look LoL At least not for my fashion. I tihnk you've got a very attractive character with a nice hair/ear combination- which looked great with your complexion btw- however the outfit really hurt your vote for me. You would've done a lot better in that regards if your pic was put before Xotchils and you were the first instance of that shirt in the poll LoL

All in all I liked the poll because each person involved LOOKED individual and different. If Someone had the SAME LOOK as the people who were losing and were in the lead, then yeah, I'd think it was just a popularity contest. However that's not the case, I think people are voting according to their preferences, like the saying goes "Different strokes for different folks."

So,

WHY

SO

SERIOUSSSAH?

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
If I'm posting my own verifications to my opinion, how am I "blindly sticking up for Seo?"

I really don't..I mean REALLY don't..If you can show me references here where I've BLINDLY followed her without any justification to my OWN statements, PLEASE refer me so I can fix this.

I do agree with your intentions though.

We should really stop as I don't think this should be a serious issue. I was just trying to post my two cents and did not intend for anything to go hostile, so early apologies on my part as far as bringing in negative atmosphere.

Let's just take this lightly, different strokes for different folks is correct, and even if this isn't exactly legitimate, it's not like any of us are playing a balanced game, right? :P

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 01:48 PM
Guess we all just need to agree to disagree. =)
I'm upset that I'm getting badly voted just because "its another loli lol" and not for my STYLE at all. So it's kinda like I'm getting voted out just because I'm short =/ Sound fair?

Besides DreX, everyone just thinks I'm complaing because I'm not winning. I never intended to win, but I didn't think I'd be singled out just because of my chars height. Unfair to me, but hey, this is pso-w. Not packed with the brightest of the bunch we are.

Mikura
Dec 22, 2008, 01:55 PM
I vote for none of the above anyway. My beast is the best. =D Speaking of which, I'll upload a picture later on the Phasion Thread and see if I get singled out too for some dumb reason.

Btw, in Seo's defense, at least she tried something different. I'm not a fan of loli characters myself, but at least it breaks the mold from the typical "tall, tanned, amazonian beast women" that I see so often. Besides, arguing over who's character looks best is pointless anyway because everyone's opinion on who looks good or attractive is always going to vary from person to person.

Neith
Dec 22, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'm going to answer that copy/paste Seo post the same vein as I did in the Phashion thread: that list shows some beasts without dark skin. Aumi, Touka, and Typheros's character. If your definition of "dark" is someone with even a little tan, well, then you got me! Now, there are plenty of loli pics scattered around that I could post, but that wouldn't prove anything either. If you want to tell me that tall, dark humans and newmans are in such abundance as lolis/small characters of all races, go ahead and humor me.

This. I could answer Seo's last post with something else, but it'd probably get me banned. Seeing as I'm in no rush to get banned just yet, I'll forget it.

What I will say (to Kyrlia) is:

Both votes so far have been riddled with accusations, flaming, baawwwfests and the like. I'm guilty of some of it (although, I still consider my opinion right), but it gets to a point with some people where it's borderline ridiculous. Now, answer me this: If every poll is going to follow the same pattern, wouldn't it be a better move to just forget about this altogether and call it a failed idea? It's obvious people are going to disagree in every poll, and when you get people like me and Seority who can't agree on something because we both believe the other is totally wrong, you end up with the poll itself being overshadowed by the arguing within the topic.

Mikura
Dec 22, 2008, 02:10 PM
This. I could answer Seo's last post with something else, but it'd probably get me banned. Seeing as I'm in no rush to get banned just yet, I'll forget it.

Both votes so far have been riddled with accusations, flaming, baawwwfests and the like. I'm guilty of some of it (although, I still consider my opinion right), but it gets to a point with some people where it's borderline ridiculous. Now, answer me this: If every poll is going to follow the same pattern, wouldn't it be a better move to just forget about this altogether and call it a failed idea? It's obvious people are going to disagree in every poll, and when you get people like me and Seority who can't agree on something because we both believe the other is totally wrong, you end up with the poll itself being overshadowed by the arguing within the topic.

That's precisely why I think threads like this are meaningless. They'd be fun if you didn't have the obligatory argument that always seems to arise from these topics. It eventually dissolves into a flame war, which is no fun for anyone.

Rust
Dec 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
A part of my post with the details about how the competitors were picked for this voting, as seen in the last poll:

[Blablabla which doesn't show up in the quote. :wacko:]

It was never said that competitors have to send in pictures there. Doing that helped us finding possibly good competitors we did not know before, however.
We knew Kard and Seority before, but neither Xotchil nor Touka. I am very glad personally, because they both look awesome, in my opinion. Just as Kard and Seority.
About Kyrlia being in this poll... Well, the number of votes she got speaks for itself.

Well, ok, that's not what I understood when I entered mine.
Go me and my text-hovering skillz. :disapprove:

Neith already stated it, but he was speaking about the people saying only tanned and dark beasts should have been in this poll. Not liking pale beasts is a thing, stating they don't have their place anywhere is another. After all, if pale beasts weren't legitimate, they wouldn't have allowed it in the character creation, neither there would be pale beasts in story mode. :lol:
I stated I wasn't fond of uber pale characters overall, but I didn't take Neith's comment for me.

I'm going to answer that copy/paste Seo post the same vein as I did in the Phashion thread: that list shows some beasts without dark skin. Aumi, Touka, and Typheros's character. If your definition of "dark" is someone with even a little tan, well, then you got me!

Actually, same thing goes with the height. Seems like "tall" means any character without the size of loli, by what I see. My beast's height is even close to the average height, just compare her size to her PM's on some of the pics you quoted, that's not what I call tall, myself. :lol:
You can't really guess the size of most characters with such pictures as those in the OP anyways. Body proportions can make a character seem taller or smaller than what he really is.

But whatever everyone enjoys playing as, I just hope we get a male contest soon. =]

Hellz yeah, me wants to show my awesome gas mask down. :wacko:

Kylie
Dec 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
I really expected this thread to get ugly. I even made negative comments myself (more like constructive criticism--if anyone saw it, I'm sure they can vouch for me), but I removed it because I'm not interested in all the mudslinging and, frankly, bitchiness that some are going to for this contest. So what if someone's tan, or tall, or whatever. This poll should be up to each individual voter and what looks best to them, and I'm tired of people thinking they know what's best.

Xaeris
Dec 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
This topic because ridiculously entertaining in such a short period of time. Thank you all, truly and sincerely. Well, I may as well explain my vote while I'm here. Kard got my vote. It was between her and Touka for me. I'm a little disappointed that she's losing, but eh. I must confess, I'm not particularly fond of the outfit selected for her, so it may be past screenshots coloring my view. Still, she has the nicest proportions out of the five, and the actual outfit is fine and one I use myself. Just raising an eyebrow at the colors.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 22, 2008, 03:11 PM

Simple fix to it: Quit arguing. You are intelligent enough to know that you both don't see eye to eye, so show your intelligence on the matter and be quiet. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you HAVE TO argue about it.

Mysterious-G
Dec 22, 2008, 03:14 PM
Simple fix to it: Quit arguing. You are intelligent enough to know that you both don't see eye to eye, so show your intelligence on the matter and be quiet. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you HAVE TO argue about it.

Thank you very much.

autumn
Dec 22, 2008, 03:17 PM
T_T This got really, really nasty. This was a fun poll showing off people's characters. I don't have a beast of I'd would have entered it. I'm eagerly waiting for the overall Gurhal's Top Newman because I want to try and enter one.

Some people will vote for friends, some will vote for coloration, some clothes, some originality, some height, some even overall look. It happens, why do you guys expect poll where people vote in it to be a different reflection of what RL is like?

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 03:29 PM
Kard: Honestly, I'm kind of sad you used the outfit you did. I looked through your screenies and you have some fantastic outfits in there that would've clinched my vote. Also looking through there the fact that eluded me before about your beast being black, it must've been the lighting in the area you were in because it was much more noticeable in your other pics. I think you've got a good looking beast regardless of how I voted, and be proud of her heritage sister >.<

Haha, you know, I went from loving, to hating that particular pic from the time I submited it! Admittedly it was an experimental thing as that's not her usual style, but I wanted to wear something I never had before, and that was the result! Interesting indeed~:wacko:

And hell yeah! Kard's all about bringin' the dark n' lovely wherever she goes...usually in the form of some kind of Bogga Zubba rush, but I'm just sayin'!

HyperShot-X-
Dec 22, 2008, 03:36 PM
Seority, I'm not your friend but I still voted 4 you purely from looking at the pics, she is adorable. The other bigger beast gals just remind me of Laia, too tough for my taste :P

AweOfShe
Dec 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
This is what happens when you associate anything with Beas---- Er... *cough* I mean, it was a tough choice between Kyrlia, Touka, and Kard, so I don't think I'll say... (I rolled dice to make the decision though) :P

ashley50
Dec 22, 2008, 04:18 PM
What's that word ?:3

AweOfShe
Dec 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
Forget about it, comrade! XD

Mysterious-G
Dec 22, 2008, 04:21 PM
This is what happens when you associate anything with Beas---- Er... *cough* I mean, it was a tough choice between Kyrlia, Touka, and Kard, so I don't think I'll say... (I rolled dice to make the decision though) :P

I check this thread too often to not know who you voted for.
Oh well, too bad(?) :lol:

Arika
Dec 22, 2008, 07:34 PM
Since biggiestyle mentioned Kard outfit that he showed in the past.

I would like to say that I like her wearing the one she wore in my female catalog album. She looked like a fighter, and that do match her red demon eyes.

I don't care much about original outfit in this contest, just anything that look good.

Admittedly it was an experimental thing as that's not her usual style, but I wanted to wear something I never had before, and that was the result! Interesting indeed~:wacko:

just so you know, it is dangerous to do the experiment in real match :wacko:

but anyway, your outfit set up always look very good. although this one lose the fighter style you always had.

Neith
Dec 22, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thank you very much.

I agree with what Biggie said, but I just have to say- if this happens everytime there's a new poll (not with me necessarily, look at all the people who complained in the Newman poll too), I don't see how you're going to work around it without some difficulty.

I'd like to see a fair, polite poll as much as anyone else, but when people start making stupid remarks about other people's characters (who've likely put some work into them, if they're entering this), it's like lighting a fuse. You don't just put down someone's character, which is what a couple of people are guilty of. Likewise, dragging up a topic that no-one really needs bringing up is pointless, it's inciting a flame fest. The whole 'tall dark beast' problem that Seority keeps bringing up was discussed in another topic weeks ago. There was no need whatsoever to bring it up again.

Unfortunately, some people on here are extremely opinionated, and some people don't like letting some things slide- you're naturally going to get conflict in a thread like this- hell, in any competitive environment, despite how minor and petty it is. Sorry, but if someone says something I flat out disagree with, I'll speak my mind. I'll be the first to admit that I'll get confrontational on here, but I only do it when I know I have good reason to.

With that said, I've covered everything I wanted to, and ideally would prefer this poll to go on unhindered. If other people want to continue preaching the same old story, that's their choice.

Kylie
Dec 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't really see the point in this poll to begin with. There's no clear purpose for it, so votes are all over the place. Some people are voting for friends, some people are voting for originality, some clothes, some name recognition, etc. Shoot, I didn't even know exactly what I was voting for, so I went with the best overall look. There also should have been like a prize to make winning less hollow and maybe some ground rules to discourage flaming.

Kard
Dec 22, 2008, 08:32 PM
There also should have been like a prize to make winning less hollow and maybe some ground rules to discourage flaming.
While I was posing her with that lil' skirt and all, I might have "won" quite a few times IYKWIM innuendos...baby!

...no?

OK I'm done. :<

But you know, I've always found it funny that for a game with so many more character creation and clothing options than the typical RPG, that PSU's camera is so poor - not even a proper zoom-in function or anything! It's annoying having to use tricks, like placing the camera against an obstacle to force it to zoom, and then when you try to alter the angle some more, you lose what could have been an ideal shot. Myah.

Ken_Silver
Dec 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
While I was posing her with that lil' skirt and all, I might have "won" quite a few times IYKWIM innuendos...baby!

...no?

OK I'm done. :<

But you know, I've always found it funny that for a game with so many more character creation and clothing options than the typical RPG, that PSU's camera is so poor - not even a proper zoom-in function or anything! It's annoying having to use tricks, like placing the camera against an obstacle to force it to zoom, and then when you try to alter the angle some more, you lose what could have been an ideal shot. Myah.

I agree. I was fussing with the camera last night while I was trying to make my new signature. The best way to take pictures is to have someone help you, and that's a pain at times. Actually, it is a pain, most of the time...

ErtaiClou
Dec 22, 2008, 09:00 PM
Kard and runner-up Kyrlia. I've seen the show, the badguy look can only go so far XD

Aorre
Dec 22, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ignore me if you want.
That's what I was waiting for. :)

This event has been spectacular and I appreciate everyone who has participated.

CelestialBlade
Dec 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
I'm....suddenly glad I didn't get chosen, wow. I was even a little disturbed by the Newman thread. This definitely wasn't supposed to turn into this.

But I do think the voting criteria needs to be a little more specific. When I vote on these things I vote based on outfit color combination combined with the type of character the outfit is on. I don't care if they're short, tall, dark, or pale, that shouldn't matter. To me, it's how you USE your character. But, while I may be voting based on this criteria, that doesn't mean everyone else does, so that kinda shoots the whole thing in the foot.

Perhaps in the future, pick a certain quality to vote on so people will shut up with this "oh well they're loli" stuff. Everyone deserves a fair shot, and to me, it's all in how you use your character.

Dragwind
Dec 23, 2008, 02:55 AM
If you feel any of the off topic discussion is derailing the thread, use the report button. Do not respond to said posts. Arguing over such posts yourselves means you're contributing just as much to ruining what you are complaining about.

As far as the candidates go, good job to all of you! The votes are getting closer, and you all look good!

Arika
Dec 23, 2008, 04:05 AM
We can't pick the certain quality, because the vote quality is vary between each candidate, some are in loli style, some are in sexy style, etc. They have their own specific point which make it is impossible to point out the key word unless you want to favor some candidate.

It is so hard to just say who look the best? (we don't care if you like loli, like pale beast, like unique, like traditional, or like clothes combination) For example, I vote from face, proportion, and clothes, and I ignore whether it is dark skin or pale skin, I also ignore whether I seen the clothes before or not.

The poll is good so far as long as you guys know to respect other people comments.

Only fews thing that might add into another contest may be about "respecting other people idea"

-if a person hate dark beast, then let him be! You have no right to judge that he is wrong or blame him because of that.

-same to those people who love unique, please try not to force other people to vote by the same trend as you, some might not care anything about unique at all.

You guys are too serious over a non-serious stuff. A suggestion is welcome, but we will think whether it is fair every case or necessary or not.

darkante
Dec 23, 2008, 04:21 AM
Kyrlia, green forest. Haha =)
The green colour mixes well.

My vote goes to you.

Zael
Dec 23, 2008, 04:29 AM
I don't really see the point in this poll to begin with. There's no clear purpose for it, so votes are all over the place. Some people are voting for friends, some people are voting for originality, some clothes, some name recognition, etc. Shoot, I didn't even know exactly what I was voting for, so I went with the best overall look. There also should have been like a prize to make winning less hollow and maybe some ground rules to discourage flaming.

Maybe they could not disclose the names of the entries? Just show the pictures and have them vote for the 1st pic, 2nd pic, etc.

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
Maybe they could not disclose the names of the entries? Just show the pictures and have them vote for the 1st pic, 2nd pic, etc.

That's a good idea, should filter out some vote bias. I second this.

ThaiSoup
Dec 23, 2008, 05:06 PM
What DreX said. But it won't stop the entries themselves from telling their friends from whom is whom. Or even just knowing, like Kyrila, never seen any other best look like her. Green isn't too popular in PSU it seems.

Mysterious-G
Dec 24, 2008, 06:49 PM
Friendly bump!
There have to be more votes! ^^

hunterseifer
Dec 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
touka got my vote, colors fit perfectly and was original :3

Darron
Dec 25, 2008, 02:10 AM
Wow, its been a while since i got to see some nice (F) beast chars. Xotchil has my vote! :]

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 25, 2008, 06:59 AM
My vote goes for Kyrlia. But all contestants are pretty enough to win!

I like how the clothes matched with her hair, usually the green clothes of PSU tend to be too bright, in Kyrlia's case, the green is darker, matching with skin and hair, which is a bit blueish. Also the olive-yellow eyes are good for the model; and those ears are the best for that look, the other ears would not have been so good here.

The other candidates....

Xotchil, my second option. I'm sorry, but i never liked those trousers, although the overall look is very good, and the idea of a light-tone skin beast is great.

Touka, the overall look is very nice, but... arghh.... those ears... i think that doesn't match with that hair (although i love purple hair). The blue/white clothing is very nice.

Seority, not bad the Amorosso top with FOnewe boots, but there's something unmatching here that i don't reach to know. Perhaps the hair type or the hair color. Maybe the ears.... dunno. Anyway, nice grin and overall cute looks.

And last but not least, Kard. The head is perfect, reminds me of many beautiful spanish women. And so is the color combination, but that top is better matched with trousers rather than skirts IMO. That skirt makes hips look odd, i think.

Let's see if my cast can participate on the Caseal contest :D

Seority
Dec 25, 2008, 09:39 AM
Unmatching?....
-pulls out hair-

-looks over again-

What doesn't match? ;>_>

Mysterious-G
Dec 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
It's almost time..!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuump!

Seority
Dec 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
Gee I hope Seo wins!
:D lulz

Rust
Dec 25, 2008, 06:30 PM
It's almost time..!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuump!

I read "Buuuuuuuuuuuuurp!". :disapprove:

Mysterious-G
Dec 26, 2008, 09:22 AM
I read "Buuuuuuuuuuuuurp!". :disapprove:

:roll: (Bump)

Kizeragi
Dec 26, 2008, 10:31 AM
I voted Kyrlia. ^^

Touka would be second though. =p

Mysterious-G
Dec 26, 2008, 04:01 PM
What an exciting race!
I am not only talking about the close vote gap between Touka and Kyrlia,
but also about the clashes this poll caused.
I am not sure about guys, but you should never insult a girl's sense of fashion!

I am also very pleased to see that many votes!
While the last poll only got 117 votes, this one got 171! That's 54 more votes! :o
So thanks for allthe votes guys! ^^

And congratulations, Touka! You are Gurhal's Next Top Model De Beast!!
You advance into the final round, where you will have a face-off with the (upcoming) winners!
(I will pm you about the details about that.)

On another note, with this poll being closed, the next one gets announced:
Gurhal's Next Top Model De Caseal!

The rules to participate are the following:

-We will be selecting the competitors, however, you can show us pictures of your caseal in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll

-A working subscription is required, aswell as the possibility to take screenshots. You can either take them yourself or via a friend.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 26, 2008, 04:09 PM
Er.... Ow, i have not a working subscription but wanna participate :'(

Let's take a look on the "I was online once screenshots" directory XDDD

Mysterious-G
Dec 26, 2008, 04:18 PM
Er.... Ow, i have not a working subscription but wanna participate :'(

Let's take a look on the "I was online once screenshots" directory XDDD

Sorry Ryudo. 'Working subscription', not a subscription that worked once. ;x

Kard
Dec 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
Woohoo, the pain is over!

I'd like to thank all the little people... ":3

Neith
Dec 26, 2008, 04:28 PM
Shame you didn't place higher, Kard- I'd have placed you 2nd personally.

Congrats Touka though, talk about the underdog coming through :lol:

Also, I may enter Neith into the Caseal vote...maybe.

Angry_Ryudo
Dec 26, 2008, 04:29 PM
Sorry Ryudo. 'Working subscription', not a subscription that worked once. ;x
OK.

*snifff....*

DreXxiN
Dec 26, 2008, 05:49 PM
It got more votes because they weren't 75% Loli, and all with red hair :P.

But yeah, grats on winners, though it wasn't who I wanted it to be obviously :P

Touka
Dec 26, 2008, 08:21 PM
Well tbh I totally wasn't expecting to win but I am happy that I did.I don't have a caseal anymore so I won't be participating for that poll but a good friend of mine will have my vote.Anyway thanks to everyone who voted for me!*puts on tiara and sash*

Kylie
Dec 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
Well deserved. :)

Seority
Dec 27, 2008, 02:45 AM
-prepares herself for Voloyal Clone Army-

-loads shotguns-

:ak:
:nono:....

The_Brimada
Dec 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
On another note, with this poll being closed, the next one gets announced:
Gurhal's Next Top Model De Caseal!

The rules to participate are the following:

-We will be selecting the competitors, however, you can show us pictures of your caseal in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll

*thinks about it*

Congrats to Touka btw

Skye-Fox713
Dec 29, 2008, 06:36 PM
Dam I wish i didn't have to cancil my account so i could have gotten JOE into this.

magenta
Dec 30, 2008, 12:24 AM
casts next? no lub for humans :o?

Xaeris
Dec 30, 2008, 12:30 AM
I'd definitely vote for magenta. I imagine the human contest is last.

Mysterious-G
Dec 30, 2008, 04:32 AM
The female human voting will be the one after the caseal round.

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
Isn't everyone already used to Humans coming in last?

Mysterious-G
Dec 30, 2008, 11:26 AM

The best comes at the end. ;)

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 11:36 AM
Pfffft :P

Now if it was male HUMANS... >_>

Mysterious-G
Dec 30, 2008, 01:33 PM

Although I have to correct you here, the last round before the finals will be the newman voting.
The very first poll is considered a special voting, so the finals will indeed contain two Newmans. ;)