PDA

View Full Version : Old school PSO player with some questions.

tronzax
Dec 20, 2008, 02:15 AM
I used to be an avid PSO player back in the DC days, and I loved it, actually bought an extra DC so my brother and I could play at the same time. After playing that game and then switching to a few different PC mmo's over the years, I always remembered how awesome PSO was...

With the release of PSU a while back, I was really excited for it, but after having installed it on my PC, I remember being sorely disapointed because it didnt have the same feel as PSO. My biggest complaint was how the "rares" worked. I remember seeing the red boxes in PSO and hoping for something new - an upgrade... a "rare". But with the red boxes in PSU, it was a crafting item, to maybe make a rare... not quite the same thing. SO having said that, I have a few questions...

1. Are the rare weapons/armor still only craftable - or is it now possible to get actually gear from the boxes?

2. wow, I guess thats my only question, lol. To me it just seems like the crafting of rares isnt as good as the original PSO...

3. Oh, guess I do have another question. Does PSO bring back such fond memories to me because it was a great game, or just the fact that it was my first real experience with any type of "MMO".

Thanks a lot

Turb0
Dec 20, 2008, 02:44 AM
1. Are the rare weapons/armor still only craftable - or is it now possible to get actually gear from the boxes?
Some weapons and armors do drop made now although that's not all good. I never played PSO so idk if it had something similar but there are 6 elements you can make weapons/armors and by synthesizing them they come out between 10% and 50%. The downside with already made drops is they can come under 10% and it's pretty rare (or maybe impossible, idk) to see one over 30%. Oh yeah, and armor slots have never needed synthesizing or anything, they're good to go right when you find them.

2. wow, I guess thats my only question, lol. To me it just seems like the crafting of rares isnt as good as the original PSO...
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8&feature=related[/spoiler-box]

3. Oh, guess I do have another question. Does PSO bring back such fond memories to me because it was a great game, or just the fact that it was my first real experience with any type of "MMO".Well like I said I never played PSO so idk personally but I think it's generally considered a good game.

Dragwind
Dec 20, 2008, 06:40 AM
1. Made items can drop from boxes, though usually not as good as if they were made (synthed). This usually pertains more to melee weapons.

2.:wacko:

3. I suppose that's up to you to find out. Mostly opinion.

Genoa
Dec 20, 2008, 08:18 AM
This game is nothing like PSO and you should treat it as a completely different game all together. Too many people, without even realizing it, compare/contrast PSU to PSO.
I love PSO, and I love PSU as well. But they're in no way similar.

The weapon system in PSO was a lot more exciting in my opinion, but it's not going to keep me from enjoying the many things PSU has that I prefer over PSO. There's many things I liked about PSO more, but PSU has many advantages as well.

You'll have to try and make PSU a completely different open experience to try and begin and enjoy it.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 20, 2008, 11:56 AM
3. - PSU is not PSO ep.VI, PSU was built on a whole new game engine that has a different feel to it but contiains many similar elements derived from good old PSO. It's essentially a much more developed & advanced version that goes in deeper and more diversified in every aspect but it takes on a different perspective for a fresh view.
Once you can get used to it, you'll like PSU as much as PSO.

Gibdozer
Dec 20, 2008, 08:52 PM
I was also a dedicated pso dc player, psu is the natural progression of pso. Combat is faster, more advanced, and far more satisfying. the action pallete and strafe alone make this game infinately superior, and while the weapon crafting and shop system may seem daunting at first it quickly becomes an enjoyable means of developing your avatar and the psu community economy. Hope you come on board we have a shortage of worldly wise dc vets, and an abundance of turbo rousing young punks.