PDA

View Full Version : PS0 Colloseum Battles?

Clidante
Dec 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm sure you guys that have had the game for a while now are plodding through the story and enjoying the multiplayer and making steady progress through the game, however until i can grab a wifi connection i'm playing through story mode solo.

Instead of progressing after the first story mission i decided to go back through the first area again to do some old fashioned PSO grinding ^^ In one room i found a destructuble series of walls and moved onto another room.

Once i cleared it a doorway appeared in the room with a pillar on each side and a lion emblem on top. SO i entered it was transported into a colloseum type arena (complete with surrounding spectators and tense music) and had to face off against two waves of the bird type enemies both with higher level altenate of said enemies.

Once defeated, 4 gold boxes spawned along with the usual goodies trunk, but no rares unfortunately.

But just wondering for those out there with the game already too, anyone else come across these doors yet? I have a feeling they may only appear in awkward to get to rooms on replays of areas you've already finished.

I took some pictures with my digicam but they're horribly out of focus... :( although you can still make out the general frame of the doors.

P.S: Sorry for the long narrative, i ramble... ALOT

Zarode
Dec 21, 2008, 12:24 AM
Obviously you got some sort of rare spawn room. Rare Arena Room sounds appropriate.

And no, I haven't found one myself.

Vernon12345
Dec 21, 2008, 12:35 AM
I found one of these too - full of those crazy acrobatic bulls. I died and accidentally cancelled the quest at the counter so I never beat it, bah.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
I found that room too. Two Gold bulls spawn, and 4 Normal color ones. I killed got the same prize as you. I'm wondering if they drop red boxes.

TechnoFunk
Dec 21, 2008, 03:00 PM
I found that room my first time through the swamp area with my ramar. It was just in a normal room that I had to use 2 red cards to get to. I fought the bird things and got a couple of good items but nothing great.

Clidante
Dec 21, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking that on the higher difficulties there'll be a higher chance of rare spawns and THEN some rares. But i guess we can only keep guessing for now.

Ultie
Dec 21, 2008, 06:04 PM
just got one of these playing online with friends, got a few hp mats out of it :)

Lacerta
Dec 21, 2008, 06:57 PM
I beat all of Normal mode and never found anything like that. Now I want to go through the areas again to see if one eventually pops up.

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
I beat all of Normal mode and never found anything like that. Now I want to go through the areas again to see if one eventually pops up.

Same. I might find one on my Hard mode excursions.

darkante
Dec 22, 2008, 03:36 AM
Yes, i have stumbled upon some kind of colloseum places upon doing those side quest on Normal Difficulty.
3 times with mini-bosses.

Nothing useful dropped, but i liked the idea anyway. :D

neo-kun
Dec 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
me and a friend got one of these to appear at the halfway point between the first level (the one with the dragon boss). It had the waves of those big bull enemies with the gold variations with a broken horn. I think I got an enemy material from this to make a shield out of their head (has a ramming special attack). Never seen any arena warps since then.