PDA

View Full Version : Does the final side-quest have an end?

Kamica
Dec 21, 2008, 04:08 AM
I played this quest for quite a long time and I am interested in knowing if anyone has completed it. If the quest is not endless, what kind of reward did you get for finishing?

ZarroTsu
Dec 21, 2008, 12:14 PM
The game isn't officially out yet, and the ones leaked are in Japanese, to which I doubt too many people here can read. Best bet is to sit tight, and wait for someone to write a Japanese walk through, and 20 bajillion youtube vids to go up.

Lacerta
Dec 21, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well, it's higher than 10 that's for sure.

I'm guessing 9 blocks of going up the tower, fighting monsters getting items, then the 10th block is against a boss where you get some nice items as a reward and then you either quit it or keep going...

Rob2003ert
Dec 22, 2008, 12:34 AM
It does have an ending. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping track of how many floors I did, just guessing I would think it's 100, with a boss every 10 floors. There's 3 different bosses you fight on the way up, one that uses guns, one that uses swords and another that casts magic. The final boss uses all 3. I got something like 6 or 7 5 star weapons, a 5 star armour and some random items I didn't pay much attention to to know what they were. Unfortunately I found far better items within 5 minutes of messing about in the final dungeon on Hard mode.

Took hours to do and I went from level 28 to 37 just from the dungeon, so I wouldn't advise you attempt it unless you have half your day free.

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 12:37 AM
Took hours to do and I went from level 28 to 37 just from the dungeon, so I wouldn't advise you attempt it unless you have half your day free.

Or clam shelling your DS, putting it into sleep mode (it pauses the game, I've tested it), and putting it on a charger or your pocket. v:)v

Rob2003ert
Dec 22, 2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I took multiple breaks, you could probably get through it in 2~3 hours if you were determined. I went and made some food and took a shower when I needed a break from the grind. It's just a pity that it seems to be single player only, you could fly through it so much faster in multiplayer. I'm guessing the Very Hard (assuming that's the final difficulty) version of it will hold some of the best weapons/armour in the game though, but imo it's not worth the time it takes until then since you can find better stuff in the next difficulty up in no time at all.

Kamica
Dec 22, 2008, 02:14 AM
Heh, I was right to assume that completing the tower is not worth it.

On a separate note, I am currently trying to figure out how to unlock super hard. I am guessing that super hard is the completion reward for getting to level 60.

Lacerta
Dec 22, 2008, 07:52 AM
Jesus Christ I just finished this thing. It took me all of yesterday and a little of today, on and off of course.

101 Floors. Somewhere from 90-100 I got a rare monster spawn so I was kind of happy.

Walked out of the whole thing with about 30 5* weapons, a 5* armor I can't even use, 10 of each material, enough grinders to get some silly weapon to +64, my main weapon to +45, my armor to +15, and lots and lots of NPC deaths.

Also went from 30 to 39, but I could have probably gotten that faster in hard mode.

Turning in the quest for the reward was 20 Monogrinders and 4000 meseta, totally not worth it. Though from all the completions I was getting towards everything I can now hold 55 items and possess 20 Trigrinders.

Risingsun
Dec 22, 2008, 08:30 AM
will completing the tower on higher difficulties make the effort more worth it?

Nowhere
Dec 26, 2008, 10:12 AM
I can now hold 55 items
What?! Is this one of the % complete bonuses or something? If so... what % are/were you at?

I found I got a respectable number of PDs from it... well over 50, closer to 70 probably... although if that shop doesn't ever change its inventory I guess they'll only be good for elements, blank mags and scape dolls. The tower is pretty cool for raising a mag though. If you have a lot of meseta you can completely level a mag by the time you reach the top. You could probably do two or more if you manage your inventory properly.

Speculation: it feels like an iron man challenge. If so, there ought to be a proper bonus for finishing it without warping back. Kinda kills the mag raising though...

Lacerta
Dec 27, 2008, 01:42 PM
What?! Is this one of the % complete bonuses or something? If so... what % are/were you at?

Specific Titles related to that post (going off memory anyway):

Clear Eternal Tower [Normal]: Item Frame +5
Reach LV20: Item Frame +10

Afterwards:

Reach LV40: Item Frame +10

I wonder if there are any others or if I'm capped at 65 for now.

aarosmashguy
Dec 27, 2008, 08:35 PM
uh I just hit lvl 40 and I totally didn't get +10 to my item frame. I can still only carry 40.

Lacerta
Dec 27, 2008, 09:02 PM
Have you been getting your title rewards, because it doesn't automatically get granted to you for hitting LV40; you have to claim your rewards for achieving various challenges from the bank teller.

aarosmashguy
Dec 27, 2008, 09:05 PM
holy crap thanks for telling me that xD.

Tycho
Dec 28, 2008, 08:11 AM
Just added it to the JP wiki too, but I got a separate reward for clearing Hard Tower. It's another +5 to your item cap.

Nowhere
Dec 28, 2008, 09:56 AM
Oh wow. Space for 70+ items. That's crazy.

Also, you suffered through the tower again? (Actually, I plan to do it on all difficulties too...)

Tycho
Dec 28, 2008, 02:16 PM
When I tried it in Normal, my game crashed around floor 70-ish. Then I decided I wanted to level up in Hard, but I found out I was to weak for the boss fights, so I figured playing Tower in Hard would be an easy way out for a FO to rake in some exp and rares. >_<

Nowhere
Dec 28, 2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, it's certainly more a test of endurance than strength. There must be some insane reward for doing it on ult^H^H^Hsuper hard.