PDA

View Full Version : Preorder people: Did you get your trading card and free weapon?

Tummai
Dec 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
Pre-orders of Phantasy Star Zero are supposed to come with one of four Phantasy Star Trading cards. Each card has a password on the back that you can use to get a special weapon in the game.

For you guys that have gotten your copy already (or are about to get it), did you get your card and weapon? If so, what weapon did you get?

Shiroyu
Dec 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
As far as I know, nobody has "officially" received the game yet.

I'm starting to worry that I might not get the cards, since NCSX has yet to mention that there will be preorder gifts... I should probably send them an email.

Aumi
Dec 21, 2008, 11:51 AM
As far as I know, nobody has "officially" received the game yet.

I'm starting to worry that I might not get the cards, since NCSX has yet to mention that there will be preorder gifts... I should probably send them an email.

Many of the people who have preordered at Play-Asia have indeed "officially" received the game. I'm still waiting for my copy, but I live in Denmark, so it might take a while...

Amherst_Wind
Dec 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
My game should arrive tomorrow according to UPS tracking, I dont know if people who bought it from Play-Asia are getting the cards? I imagined the cards would only be an instore deal.
Oh well, we'll find out soon. I hope I get the Blade Cannon if I do get a card >.<

Ultie
Dec 21, 2008, 01:52 PM
ive got these cards and dvd preorder bonuses that other games give when i order from play-asia, so i doubt itl be any diferent from ps0. ild tell what i get when it arives.

psofan219
Dec 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
I hope that they'll still offer the cards when it comes out on US shelves. Although it's not likely, I still would like to get one. I can't exactly pre-order the game right now, so if anyone hears any differently, please tell me a little about the cards, like what they look like and what class is on them, if it has of this stuff on it. Thanks.

Zarode
Dec 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
Dec 21, 2008 12:13:00 US LOUISVILLE LOCATION SCAN
Dec 21, 2008 12:05:00 US LOUISVILLE IMPORT SCAN
Dec 21, 2008 07:38:00 US LOUISVILLE ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 20, 2008 22:20:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK DEPARTURE SCAN
Dec 20, 2008 14:19:00 US ANCHORAGE ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 19, 2008 20:05:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK ORIGIN SCAN
Dec 19, 2008 19:36:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Dec 19, 2008 05:16:42 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I live in Florida. Tomorrow, most likely.

Tummai
Dec 21, 2008, 05:54 PM
I hope that they'll still offer the cards when it comes out on US shelves. Although it's not likely, I still would like to get one. I can't exactly pre-order the game right now, so if anyone hears any differently, please tell me a little about the cards, like what they look like and what class is on them, if it has of this stuff on it. Thanks.

I have some crappy scans of the cards (they appear in a PSZero ad) on my blog if you want to see what pictures are on the front. The ad also shows the four weapons you can get, but doesn't tell you anything about them (name, abilities, etc). One of them appears to be a long green onion though.

Vernon12345
Dec 21, 2008, 09:07 PM
I know what the items are (they're weapons from other Sega RPGs) but don't have the passwords. They are:

Slyvaria's Spear from Valkyria Chronicles
Red sword that I forget the name of from Shining Wind
some cannon weapon from the manga-based game Blazer Drive
a leek from an upcoming manga-based game that I don't remember the name of

Sorry about the dodgy info, I'll clean it up later.

Shiroyu
Dec 21, 2008, 09:13 PM
The leek is Hatsune Miku's leek, it's not "from" a manga-based game. (Though they're including it because Sega's making Project DIVA, a music game which stars Miku) Hatsune Miku's a voice from Vocaloid, a program used to make vocals for music and stuffs. Either way, she's incredibly popular in Japan.

She can almost be considered a celebrity.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
Just to finally clarify the cards we can get:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2755/pszw1em1.jpg

Which are...

Top Left
Game - Valkyria Chronicles
Weapon - Selvaria's Lance
Type - Spear

Top Right
Game - Upcoming game based on Manga 'Blazer Drive'
Weapon - Valiant
Type - Claw

Bottom Left
Game - Shining Wind
Weapon - Gun Sword: Blade Cannon
Type - Gunslash

Bottom Right
Game - Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA-
Weapon - Scallion a.k.a Leek
Type - Wand

Hozanto
Dec 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
My game should arrive tomorrow according to UPS tracking, I dont know if people who bought it from Play-Asia are getting the cards? I imagined the cards would only be an instore deal.
Oh well, we'll find out soon. I hope I get the Blade Cannon if I do get a card >.<

uh, when did you order yours??

Hozanto
Dec 21, 2008, 11:08 PM
Just to finally clarify the cards we can get:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2755/pszw1em1.jpg

Which are...

Top Left
Game - Valkyria Chronicles
Weapon - Selvaria's Lance
Type - Spear

Top Right
Game - Upcoming game based on Manga 'Blazer Drive'
Weapon - Valiant
Type - Claw

Bottom Left
Game - Shining Wind
Weapon - Gun Sword: Blade Cannon
Type - Gunslash

Bottom Right
Game - Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA-
Weapon - Scallion a.k.a Leek
Type - Saber (Wand?)

The types are just my best guess based on pictures though I'm pretty sure on them all except the Leek.

God I hope I dont get that vegetable... (watch me get it anyways... T.T)

Amherst_Wind
Dec 22, 2008, 09:41 AM
Well I just got my game in the post and theres no card anywhere in sight. :(
I had it preordered since mid October, so like I guessed I think it must have been an instore thing in some Japanese stores.

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 04:19 PM
Nope, no cards/weapons. C'est la JP.

Rob2003ert
Dec 23, 2008, 12:20 AM
8331-7716 Scallion a.k.a Leek
3489-9723 Gun Sword: Blade Cannon
5247-3115 Valiant
4137-5476 Selvaria's Lance

Enjoy.

Vernon12345
Dec 23, 2008, 01:14 AM
Cool, thanks!

I entered them in the vending machine in the underground store and they seemed to work, but the weapons weren't in my inventory... then again, maybe it was full. Need to check and try again.

Zarode
Dec 23, 2008, 01:52 AM
Go to the counter next to the machine. Redeem them from the old guy.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 23, 2008, 09:38 AM
8331-7716 Scallion a.k.a Leek
3489-9723 Gun Sword: Blade Cannon
5247-3115 Valiant
4137-5476 Selvaria's Lance

Enjoy.

You sir are a hero, my thanks!

Hozanto
Dec 24, 2008, 10:18 AM
where is this vending machine?

Amherst_Wind
Dec 24, 2008, 10:20 AM
is the machine in town? cause i cant find it

Finish the 3rd Main Story mission, then go to the far south of town and check the manhole near the kids.

Hozanto
Dec 24, 2008, 10:43 AM
Finish the 3rd Main Story mission, then go to the far south of town and check the manhole near the kids.

oh thank you very much

Aki_Yoruno
Dec 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm behind on terms, but I don't know what a scallion or leek are. I'm assuming another word for green onion? Cuz the Japanese call green onions "negi", and "negi" is what's written on the card. I pre-ordered 2 copies at a store here in Japan, got the green onion and the gunslash. Really wanted the claw...

Amherst_Wind
Dec 29, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm behind on terms, but I don't know what a scallion or leek are. I'm assuming another word for green onion? Cuz the Japanese call green onions "negi", and "negi" is what's written on the card. I pre-ordered 2 copies at a store here in Japan, got the green onion and the gunslash. Really wanted the claw...

Sega may have called it a green onion but based on looks its a scallion, I cant see any bulb on there.
Also you do realise the codes on all the cards are the same? Thats kind of what we've all been so happy about in this topic, you can use them all, unless you dont want to out of principal...?

Aki_Yoruno
Dec 29, 2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, just found out that anyone can use all 4 codes to get all 4 weps. Yip-freakin-pee! And it is a green onion. I've never seen a bulb on green onions cuz I only see what comes in the grocery stores. aka, they cut 'em off. In America and in Japan, they look the same to me. Japan also has huge-a green onions. Well, maybe America too, but I never paid attention. What exactly is a scallion compared to a green onion?

Moniker
Dec 29, 2008, 11:10 PM
Gunblades. Are. Ossm.

Brownie points for doing the girly dance while carrying the leek.

Aki_Yoruno
Dec 30, 2008, 08:26 AM
Just looked it up, looks like leek/scallion/green onion are the same thing. Well... Learn something new every day.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
Huzzah the codes keep coming, for anyone unaware here are the two new codes that have came out since the game was released.

From the V jump strategy guide in Japan, a shield!
4841-9476

From the PS Zero Christmas Party... Forces rejoice, its the Caduceus!
8741-4615