PDA

View Full Version : Lumirus / Kaos Knight hunting

Midicronica
Dec 21, 2008, 12:34 PM
So, I'm about to embark on my 65th run of Scarred Planet in pursuit of that oh-so elusive Kaos / Knight arm unit. I think I've seen everything that drops from this mission and then some. (God, no more Serdote boards! PLEASE!) It might not seem like much to some of you hardcore grinders but it's taking a little longer than I'd like. After running this mission so much with absolutely no success I'm starting to wonder if it even drops at all from Scarred Planet... I'm thinking it might be better for me to just run Lightning Beast S2 but I can complete two Scarred Planet runs in the time it takes me to do one Lightning Beast run.

So, how many of you have gotten a Kaos / Knight from Scarred Planet S2 and how long did it take you?

Turb0
Dec 21, 2008, 12:41 PM
I've done like 35 SP and 35 LB runs and I've never seen it drop. I've heard people say they've gotten in from both so I assume it still drops on both missions.

Golto
Dec 21, 2008, 12:45 PM
I've seen 1 drop in SP and 2 drop in LB. I think in about equal amount of runs.

acier287
Dec 21, 2008, 12:56 PM
i feel ur pain man i did combined 87 runs with no luck. they drop at Scarred Planet just keep at it...or trade for 1

Hrith
Dec 21, 2008, 01:11 PM
191 runs (playing right now), you complain when you have done that many.

chaoskila
Dec 21, 2008, 01:15 PM
lol i have done about 30 runs all around and i saw about 3-4 [roll back caused one to disappear lol] drop none to me though

Ethateral
Dec 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
It took me a good 40-50 runs of SP before I picked one up this morning, finally. =/ (Merry Christmas, Blade. <3)

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2008, 01:34 PM
Taking a little break, then will be starting my 123rd run

iTrYHarD
Dec 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
on my 98976th run, am i cool yet???

xBladeM6x
Dec 21, 2008, 02:04 PM
It took me a good 40-50 runs of SP before I picked one up this morning, finally. =/ (Merry Christmas, Blade. <3)
I picked it up! :-P

Anyways, yeah first Scared Planet run today.

Danny_Dark
Dec 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
After the 70th Run Lightning Beast S2, there was a LKK Unit.

XxAntMan215xX
Dec 21, 2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks to BOTH rollbacks i lost the LKK's i found and it seems they just wont drop anymore for me.I have 3* luck 50% >< and i wanted to sell one for a red force.

Seority
Dec 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
I've actually gained 2 mil from that run alone selling those boards lol.

If anything, after DreX and I get his, we have to look for mine. Whoopie!

Btw, Hrith lies =)

Genoa
Dec 21, 2008, 03:50 PM
I've seen about 4 drop, one of them went to me.
I haven't spammed it however, I have simply done normal GBR tours.
I have about 200, 210 points in Scarred and Lightning Beasts.

Roughly my estimate for input

Proto07
Dec 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
I will never see this unit drop. D=

acidOD
Dec 21, 2008, 05:04 PM
I will never see this unit drop. D=

That's the spirit Proto07! I don't think you will either!
(now that we have made these statements... you should get 2!!)

Ryno
Dec 21, 2008, 05:19 PM
i've seen maybe 5 drop but none went to me...

DarthLasek
Dec 22, 2008, 12:37 AM
I got it in a solo way back when I had 44%....wasn't even trying....I sold it while it had a lot of value, figuring with all the boost I was sure to get another....BOY WAS I WRONG.....too many to count runs later and oh boy I'm still looking

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 12:44 AM
sigh..boost dosent effect clear boxes. you would think after niu gbr ppl would understand that. but on topic just keep at it. or trade for it thier value is hovering around 60 mil cash..

autumn
Dec 22, 2008, 12:51 AM
I've done a bundle of runs looking for said unit for the purpose of gift giving and I'm yet to see one drop at all. But then the same goes for armas line [b]s >.>

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 12:54 AM
im not even bothering with those till im 150/20 lmao. seed expess kicked my ass. badly. i wonder how rare armas really is? is it along the lines of serafi? just wondering how fast yall were clearing SP. i got it down to 15 min on a decient map...

autumn
Dec 22, 2008, 12:56 AM
I believe so except people haven't been spamming the mission that it drops from for the last 3/4 of a year.

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 12:58 AM
you kno you would think ppl would be at the expres more...but no they all just sit in parum east doing god knows what with thier private parts. the serafi drop rates werent that bad. i wish i could say that about lkk though 87 runs then i gave up lol

autumn
Dec 22, 2008, 01:00 AM
Well I get a break from GBR spam on the morrow cause I want a dagger of serafi [b]. So off to desert goliath till I get FoI. Then snag 2-3 more people (depandant on who runs with me) and off to raep them rappies.

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 01:02 AM
your allready looking at me arent u? ARENT U? well im tired of gbr im just spamming <with 30min runs yo cant even call it spam> seed express. ive been thinking how being gm is gonna effect my goliath runs now that KS is out of the question

autumn
Dec 22, 2008, 01:04 AM
Psh, Kal will be KSing anyways cause I'M still wearing my skill / save unit. :P You keep your LKK while KSing. But we're derailing the topic here, we'll talk tomorrow :3
(and yes I WAS lookin at you)

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 01:05 AM
ok talk to you tomowwow. night i need ot get to work anyway. :B laters autumn and ill run wiht ya u just give the call lol

Turb0
Dec 22, 2008, 01:11 AM
I've seen 3 armas line boards drop (1 went to me) but still no LKK. (And my points go like this: SP-155, LB-140, SE-100, EB-80) :-?

DarthLasek
Dec 22, 2008, 01:55 AM
sigh..boost dosent effect clear boxes. you would think after niu gbr ppl would understand that. but on topic just keep at it. or trade for it thier value is hovering around 60 mil cash..

Good Chance I have been around longer than most of you being a day one register...I rarely took part in any of the first two GBR, so this is my first real one...so you can't expect everyone to know everything. I found people who had no idea why they were moving faster(they were masterclasses) and they were in the 20k register. But anyways, There are more then 2 weeks left, everyone just keep at it and eventually, it will drop...keep up the faith!!!!

darkante
Dec 22, 2008, 03:28 AM
I got my Kaos unit under the second Solo run on Lightning Beasts. =)

Then i decided to help hunting one for my RL buddy, we went and did Scarred Planet.
First run...BOOM another one, which i gladly gave to my buddy.

After that, i havenīt stumbled upon another one for ages.
Which doesnīt matter too much now anyway. X)

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 03:37 AM

I'm just...going to bookmark this topic down as the most fucking depressing topic on PSO-W of 2008. Happy New Year! =(

mvffin
Dec 22, 2008, 04:49 AM
I've seen about 10 drop, mostly on SP, and two went to me. Since then, I've been running SP a LOT and LB every now and then, and have not seen it drop. I needs more to give to friends and to sell!

As for Armas, I've seen two boards drop in my 200ish points on that mission. I got one but it came out 10% Y_Y

Jem_Soma
Dec 22, 2008, 04:58 AM
I got mine on my first Lightning Beasts S2 run. Was thinking the whole time how funny it'd be if it dropped....and boom.

_Vyser_
Dec 22, 2008, 05:44 AM
LKK really worth it? I'm quite partial to my Cati/Skill Save for my AF. Does anyone know roughly how much more damage you do?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 22, 2008, 05:49 AM
I got an LKK i'm gessing I did about 40-60 runs of SP although much to the annoyance of my party I joined where I got it, they were in B3 I got to where the grass assasins are and they were killed just before i could hit any of them. And i got LKK....eek that annoyed a fair few people ><

Tifa

DarkEliteRico
Dec 22, 2008, 08:16 AM
LKK really worth it? I'm quite partial to my Cati/Skill Save for my AF. Does anyone know roughly how much more damage you do?
on average about 200 more damage from what i've seen, but that's on gunners. The PP usage vs pure damage is about equal....more damaged = less shots needed

amtalx
Dec 22, 2008, 08:58 AM
I decided to stop being delusional and buy one.

Hrith
Dec 22, 2008, 08:58 AM
210 runs, still nothing. This thread makes me want to kill a lot of people.

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 09:06 AM
im not even bothering with those till im 150/20 lmao.

-takes his advice-

The_Brimada
Dec 22, 2008, 09:16 AM
It took me way longer to find SPS than this unit. :p

I did tons of Scarred planet and never seen it drop but it dropped after my 5th or 6th LB.

Adriano
Dec 22, 2008, 09:17 AM
210 runs, still nothing. This thread makes me want to kill a lot of people.

ROFL.

acier287
Dec 22, 2008, 09:26 AM
for 210 runs you prolly acculmalated enough junk to buy one lol

Hrith
Dec 22, 2008, 10:46 AM
Not rly, junk sells for shitfuck, and the cheapest L/KK is 75,000,000.

The only drop which sells for a decent amount is [B] Battlestopper, and that's only 3,000,000 on average.

amtalx
Dec 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Not rly, junk sells for shitfuck, and the cheapest L/KK is 75,000,000.

The only drop which sells for a decent amount is [B] Battlestopper, and that's only 3,000,000 on average.

D: I bought mine for 58m, and a [B] Battlestopper sells for ~700k.

/360

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
K bye guys.

*suicides*

fay
Dec 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
iv done about 4 or 5 runs or scarred plannet so far and one came out. i didnt get it unfortuantly. though my friend got it. solt it for 50 mil and bought me a granahodorac :D

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 11:39 AM
iv done about 4 or 5 runs or scarred plannet so far and one came out. i didnt get it unfortuantly. though my friend got it. solt it for 50 mil and bought me a granahodorac :D

*Continues stabbing self*

DarkEliteRico
Dec 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
*Continues stabbing self*
With you on that one. Doing 2-3 man groups with a few of my friends depending on who's on and I've got just under 300 points in Scarred Planet and not one has dropped to me, other people yes....continues to bleed on floor. Can't wait to finish leveling up my GM class, I'll manage to do solo runs here in a few days. ^^;

Ithildin
Dec 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
I do feel for the ones who don't have LKK yet. I think one dropped to me on the 4th or 5th run of Lightening Beasts. I am now shocked, however, upon learning how such an elusive drop it can be.

Calsetes
Dec 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
I think it doesn't exist, just like the Solid / Knight I keep looking for. Yeah, I've "seen" them supposedly drop, however since I never seem to get it, I think people photoshop my game screen in real-time, thus conflustering me beyond all reason. That's my Holy Grail. Hopefully one of these times I do a run over the Christmas holiday I'll be able to get one. Then, it's a simple matter of getting 24 more Tormad, and doing a buttload of Story missions to get everything together for SPF armor.

Anyway, I hope you have some luck getting yourself a Lumirious Knight whatevermabob, if it's half as troublesome as mine has been, you'll need all the luck you can get.

Mikura
Dec 22, 2008, 12:36 PM
Been at Lightning Beasts S2 for 2 nights straight now for several hours, haven't seen a single one drop. ;/ Gonna keep at it all week though and pray I get it eventually. lol

DarkEliteRico
Dec 22, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm honestly half tempted to just go buy one after I sell off some of my grinded Battlestoppers, one of my good ones should net me about 30 mill

DreXxiN
Dec 22, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'd buy one if I didn't feel my 130+ runs didn't go in vain. lol

Mikura
Dec 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
Most items I really want I refuse to buy anyway. I don't get the same sense of accomplishment just buying it from a player shop than I do finding it with my own blood, sweat, and tears.

Which is also why I still don't own a Needle Cannon or Rattlesnake for my fG. <_< I have horrible luck with those items as well.

Clunker
Dec 22, 2008, 01:21 PM
quick question: how to conditional search for LKK?

I've tried "Lumirus Kaos / Knight" and "Lumirus Kaos/Knight" - neither seems to show any stores selling the thing. I'd actually consider buying it IF I could see some listings...

Mikura
Dec 22, 2008, 01:41 PM

I've tried "Lumirus Kaos / Knight" and "Lumirus Kaos/Knight" - neither seems to show any stores selling the thing. I'd actually consider buying it IF I could see some listings...

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone's selling them on PC/PS2. I've tried searching them every way I know how and I always come up with nothing as well.

Seority
Dec 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'd love to buy one if I was that rich. Let's see, in about a week of doing that run straight, I got 3 mil. So let's say 3 mil a week. I could buy one for 50 mil in about, 17 weeks.

:D......

Hrith
Dec 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
I'd buy one if I didn't feel my 130+ runs didn't go in vain. lolThat's exactly my feeling, I'm at 215, now; I have barely played today, the motivation is waning.

I've tried "Lumirus Kaos / Knight" and "Lumirus Kaos/Knight" - neither seems to show any stores selling the thing. I'd actually consider buying it IF I could see some listings...It's Lumirus/Kaos Knight :razz:

Searching for "Lumirus/Kaos" is enough, though. You can also try looking for "knight" and setting minimum rarity to 10*, this includes Red / Knight, but I don't think those will ever be in a shop, so it works for L/KK.

_Vyser_
Dec 22, 2008, 05:03 PM
Wow, this topic moved fast since I was last on O_o. Anywho, thanks for the info. I guess I'm going to join in the fun of hunting LKK! Yay!....-_-;

Clunker
Dec 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
Ah, I see it now - there's actually something like 5 on sale on PC/PS2...

and 2 or 3 are at max meseta.

GAH.

DarthLasek
Dec 22, 2008, 06:04 PM

Lumirus/Kaos Knight no space between the slash and the words just like I typed it

poorblackman
Dec 22, 2008, 06:34 PM
xD well i got my first one on my second run after the first roll back and i found my second one like 20 runs later and my third one about 2 days after that

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
Good thing I ain't hunting it. Seems down right hard.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 22, 2008, 06:43 PM
on my 98976th run, am i cool yet???

Your sarcasm is awesome.
No, really.

ThaiSoup
Dec 22, 2008, 06:46 PM
I've seen about 9 drop so far. Never gotten a single one. Trying to get one for a friend. I got mine via lazy trade.

Adriano
Dec 22, 2008, 06:50 PM
I've seen about 9 drop so far. Never gotten a single one.

I can't decide what's worse. Never seeing it drop, or this. ;;

Good thing you got one though.

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 02:00 AM
xD well i got my first one on my second run after the first roll back and i found my second one like 20 runs later and my third one about 2 days after that

Someone lock this thread or ban my IP from this site, I'm going to cry, and break shit, etc.

Genoa
Dec 23, 2008, 03:18 AM
The way I got mine, I joined the party at the end of Scarred Planet S2, got to last room, barely hit the last remaining enemy... and it went to me :D
Hate me because Random is nobody's ally.

Mikura
Dec 23, 2008, 03:21 AM
Someone lock this thread or ban my IP from this site, I'm going to cry, and break shit, etc.

My sentiments exactly. Still haven't found my own L/KK yet, and seeing someone else with such success is really...discouraging.

darkante
Dec 23, 2008, 03:31 AM
My sentiments exactly. Still haven't found my own L/KK yet, and seeing someone else with such success is really...discouraging.

Then again you gotta think, it usually balances out.
I got lucky on this, but then again i have never gotten..

Battlestopper
Tiga De Ragac
Love Infernoc

To drop for me yet...
And they are suppose to be easier drops. ;P
I RARELY see them ever.

I can just buy them, but you get my point.

Genoa
Dec 23, 2008, 03:39 AM

Battlestopper
Tiga De Ragac
Love Infernoc

To drop for me yet...
I RARELY see them ever.

And you not finding items that are actually effected by the GBR Boost rate vs. only character luck increasing the drop rate for L/KK... that's saying something ;D
I really don't think it's too rare. I have now seen it 6 times and I don't spam that particular mission, simply doing tours.

darkante
Dec 23, 2008, 03:55 AM
And you not finding items that are actually effected by the GBR Boost rate vs. only character luck increasing the drop rate for L/KK... that's saying something ;D
I really don't think it's too rare. I have now seen it 6 times and I don't spam that particular mission, simply doing tours.

Yes? Over 250 % droprate should make it drop sometimes. :S

Mikura
Dec 23, 2008, 03:57 AM

Battlestopper
Tiga De Ragac
Love Infernoc

To drop for me yet...
I RARELY see them ever.

I'd gladly forego all of those if it meant acquiring a L/KK though. xD

Zael
Dec 23, 2008, 04:31 AM
I've found 4 already.

N2TrAnC3
Dec 23, 2008, 07:19 AM
Lets just say im around 1400 points now on Scarred Planet.... The only spawn I run while soloing is the one with the stairs on the right side in the first room. (by far the quickest. You can skip the teleporter in block one and the first, third, fourth, seventh and eighth group spawns on block two) I still have yet to see the thing drop, in soloing or in partys. A good 200 solo runs and still no L/KK. Sega hates me.

Luckily I had a friend give me one :) Thanks again Anarki.

I did pick up over 30 [b] Battlestopper, 40 [b] Delpi, about 10 each of the [b] Blackheart and [b] Grand Cross. Countless Serdotes, [b] Delette Lines, [b] Blumier's. Over a stack of Polymer, and 4 stacks of Resin.

Calsetes
Dec 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
You'll find it eventually. Just have some faith in the (very) fickle system. Did a ton of runs for my solid kngiht, and eventually bought one because while I was planning on saving up about 6.5 mil to buy one when they were at 5 mil (I wanted to have some capitol left afterwards), I found one selling for 2.5 million. Needless to say, I snatched it up, left a nice note on the seller's board (since they didn't want their stuff being resold, and I wanted to let her know how long I'd been looking for one), and now am working on getting another.... 23 tormad or so...

Anyway, don't give up. Sometimes, Lady Luck smiles on you when you least expect it. Once I hit 100 (assuming it's before the end of GBR), I'll gladly help you look for an L/KK Unit. Just keep an eye out for Calsetes.

Edit: Random is very fickle. Just wanted to add that a party of mine did Illusionary Shaft on A rank (since 2 people were under 75) and I got most of the ending drops, including 2 Delette Lines, 2 Cati / Hits, and one or two other good things. Go figure.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
Stuff like this makes me wish I could hack. :disapprove:

:chuck-ball:
:twak:

:rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue: :rant: :etongue:

Hrith
Dec 23, 2008, 09:37 AM
225 runs, w00t.

I have two shotguns at Lv50 and one laser at Lv48 just from spamming SP S2, I can smell the hate.

On the bright side, I have gotten so good at SP, I can run it in 11 minutes while using nothing but off-element shotgun...

Dragwind
Dec 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm only 63 runs in, still nothing. Though that's nothing to complain about, dear no. I'll start complaining at 200 ;o

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 10:16 AM
Ouch Hrith. 11 mins?
;>_>
Guess that's good for GM lol.

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 10:21 AM
while using nothing but off-element shotgun...

That lol

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 10:33 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
my bad
=)

Kylie
Dec 23, 2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't seen it drop in either mission yet, but I haven't seen anything decent drop from the end boxes in Lightning Beasts at all (I don't know what it is...). Scarred Planet doesn't take as long, and it has a good amount of end boxes at the end. Therefore, you're probably better off sticking with that.

Alnet
Dec 23, 2008, 12:28 PM
I've seen it drop once, and it went to a friend in a party of otherwise all randoms. This pushed me to hunt for one on my own, since I saw it ACTUALLY EXISTS. After I started regularly falling asleep night after night of spamming Scarred Lightning Beasts S222, I started asking people to duo it with me. That same friend was nice enough to help out, and when we got Rappies once, he got Cati/Skill PP Save and was nice enough to give me the Kaos Knight.

Therefore, I've never had it drop and go to me, but I'll never go back to spamming that to hunt it again, believe that. >_>

Adriano
Dec 23, 2008, 12:44 PM
I Get that speed runs get you to the end boxes faster, but I personally couldnt bring myself to cancel a run that I already started becauseof a bad map, because you never know how many L/KK's you've missed out on doing that. ;)
So what if the run takes 3 minutes longer you could probably be done hunting by now.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
I Get that speed runs get you to the end boxes faster, but I personally couldnt bring myself to cancel a run that I already started becauseof a bad map, because you never know how many L/KK's you've missed out on doing that. ;)
So what if the run takes 3 minutes longer you could probably be done hunting by now.

There are bad maps? >_>

(Only does Scarred Planet)

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
The best map has the stairs at the right and the golmoro's up top, that's where I solo'd 8 mins as FF. (and 9 as fG)

To be honest, as gunmaster the most annoying thing for SOME REASON is just switching to dark when golmoro's appear lol

Lockon Stratos
Dec 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
iv got 160 gbr pts on scarred planet and 155 on lightning beasts and i got 1 on scarred planet, and seen 1 drop on lightning beasts the next day. i sold it for a quick 50 mil. xD

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
Unless you're smart and carry a spare Desta with Megi on it =)

Gen2000
Dec 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
2 from Lightning Beast
1 from Scarred Planet

LB seems more generous to me. Run time for LB isn't that far off for me, LB just feels longer because of that 4th block but it's not that bad. I also like LB more because of one element factor.

Swordofmana
Dec 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
I got my kaos knight soloing scarred planet on universe 7, ive done the mission at least 50 times seen it drop only twice. happy hunting everyone =)

_Vyser_
Dec 24, 2008, 05:31 PM
Congratulations! :D Just be prepared to be bombarded by fuming.

Edit: I see...a fusion-ha of topics!

xTwiztidClown
Dec 24, 2008, 05:45 PM
I cant count how many times I've done it. I dont remember If i've seen one drop O.O

ESABON
Dec 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
I've gotten 3 from scarred planet, but I've seen it drop some on lightning some to.

xBladeM6x
Dec 24, 2008, 06:13 PM
I've gotten 3 from scarred planet, but I've seen it drop some on lightning some to.
:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x
&
^^^^^^^^^^^^:-x^^^^^^^^^^

Midicronica
Dec 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
Finally, got it after about 75+ runs. What's funny is that it dropped from Lightning Beast.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 09:18 PM
I saw one drop finally.
It was a "spur-of-the-moment" run with bifrost.
He got it. ><;
He said he was never hunting it either.
Oh wells...
Anyone selling for 50 mil? ;>>

SupraMKIV
Dec 25, 2008, 03:18 AM
Dang, I feel bad for the guys who are still hunting this unit. I've picked up four of these, then shortly after gave them to my friends who had been spamming SP after the G.B.R. rollback. As a matter of fact,I think I wasn't over 30% Boost yet and was just completing the circuit.

Ruru
Dec 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
still havent found one yet -_-;
no idea how many combined SP and LB runs i've done now either. glad to know i'm not the only unlucky one around here though...

Clunker
Dec 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
Has anyone notice the 'quality' of clear box drops in SP and LB since last, oh, wensday?

I've got a theory, and it's been somewhat validated the last few times new items have been released.

For each new item, there's a set "#" allowed by the game to be [in-circulation] at any one time.

Once this "#" is hit, the drop-rate of said item becomes even less common.

This means that one's best chance is during the first two weeks of new gear.

For ex: When Serafi-Senba was first released, I didn't have a char geared for the run, and so didn't spam it. Once i did, it was months later. Every report basically said even the 'lucky folks' weren't finding em nearly as often anymore.

First week of S2s on Parnum, I was seeing all sorts of higher-end stuff (but not LKK) from SP/LB clear boxes...

Now?

I'm starting to see healing items, GREEN STUFF, and a few 7-9* mats. Perhaps, at most, half the boxes have "red" items, and of those only 1-2 are 10*+.

Thoughts?

Seority
Dec 25, 2008, 10:46 AM
Might just be beginers luck for you.

If that I was true, I can't tell you how'd fast I'd quit PSU.

I hope that Sega realizes that people take said items and quit their accounts so that those items are no longer in "circulation".

PSU is all about dumb luck. Either you have it, or you don't.

thunder-ray
Dec 25, 2008, 11:03 AM
Might just be beginers luck for you.

If that I was true, I can't tell you how'd fast I'd quit PSU.

I hope that Sega realizes that people take said items and quit their accounts so that those items are no longer in "circulation".

PSU is all about dumb luck. Either you have it, or you don't.Hehe I only have this kind of luck when I find stuff that im not looking for. Hence the reason why im not even bothering hunting for the Kaos knight unit. Though I wouldn't mind finding one to make my gunner a bit stronger <_<;

Seority
Dec 25, 2008, 11:52 AM
I have the same thing as well.
I remember back last year during the winter event I got a [B]Blackbull and I go, "What's a blank bull?" x3

In most MMOs I generally just play the market and hunt for the currency (oddly enough lol) and just buy what I want since I've never had any good success from hunting things. I usually have to spend AT LEAST 15-100 hours hunting something in order to get it or I just don't at all.

I've recently been receiving nothing rare at all. Not even any IS runs. DreX and I's luck have really run low for some reason. Ah well, I still have the spirit to hunt it, so I probably should before I think about buying it.

I have to look at this game by how much effort I put into it, not luck. That's why I'm GM / MF(almost), since both of those require effort instead of just getting lucky with drops/synths/grinds like FMs lol.

Ryno
Dec 25, 2008, 04:10 PM
i found a lumirus kao night! and it went to me! but you know what since im a acrotecher and i dont use it. i gave it to a very close friend who i see in person for an christmas gift. =) because he can always lend me it back because i see him in person every weekend...lol

Kumlekar
Dec 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
Oh? that thing is valuable? I didn' know, just sold it to NPC, thought it was crap.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 26, 2008, 06:12 AM
Oh? that thing is valuable? I didn' know, just sold it to NPC, thought it was crap.
goodness I hope you're kidding. :argh:

darkante
Dec 26, 2008, 07:47 AM
goodness I hope you're kidding. :argh:

Obviously he is, how can you doubt it? XD

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
Hehe I only have this kind of luck when I find stuff that im not looking for. Hence the reason why im not even bothering hunting for the Kaos knight unit. Though I wouldn't mind finding one to make my gunner a bit stronger <_<;

lol i agree with this
when i got my first L/KK i wasnt even trying to look for it and yet i got it
it seems when i am looking i never get it

like on tuesday i ran a bunch of True Darkness runs(just the level) probably 40 or so times
only got agito edges which isnt all bad

DarthLasek
Dec 26, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think it doesn't exist, just like the Solid / Knight I keep looking for. Yeah, I've "seen" them supposedly drop, however since I never seem to get it, I think people photoshop my game screen in real-time, thus conflustering me beyond all reason. That's my Holy Grail. Hopefully one of these times I do a run over the Christmas holiday I'll be able to get one. Then, it's a simple matter of getting 24 more Tormad, and doing a buttload of Story missions to get everything together for SPF armor.

Anyway, I hope you have some luck getting yourself a Lumirious Knight whatevermabob, if it's half as troublesome as mine has been, you'll need all the luck you can get.

XD I have like 3 if you want to buy one for really cheap.

Nice try....and if you did...obviously you can't read (360Atp, -100 Ata)