PDA

View Full Version : So everybody that has it how are the graphics?

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
from the videos ive seen they look pretty dam good for the DS. also could someone post the button layout. thanks

Zael Kain
Dec 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
they arent bad, they good for DS i guess, it runs smooth offline and online... with people so thats good.

button layout ? hmm

Y,B,A - whatever you put on the palette to be and holding R gives access to the other 3 palette selections, just like old PSO.

Y - Strong attack.
B - Dodge, Cancel.
A - Weak Attack, Confirm, Pickup Items.
X- holding it while pressing the L or R lets you rotate the camara in that direction.

L - moves the camara behind you and holding it lets you strafe

holding L+R when you have your PB gauge full lets you unleash it, its not instant you need to hold it and it will charge and do it

start = menu

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 21, 2008, 05:27 PM
please tell me the d pad moves and not the stylus?

Ultie
Dec 21, 2008, 05:29 PM
stylus is only for visual chat

Clidante
Dec 21, 2008, 05:57 PM
Don't forget you've got:

L + Start - Item quick menu
R + Start - Equipment quick menu

However you can't move in the field whilst accessing these menus unfortunately :(
Would've been nice to get some simultaneous d-pad character moving and stylus quick menu selecting going, but alas that is not the case.

Also, if you tap the map area with your stylus (or thumb in my case ^^) it'll change the bottom screen display into a full area layout map so that you can see routes you've taken, not taken as well as entrances, exits and team location.

Immovable One
Dec 21, 2008, 06:54 PM
It's Sega Saturn in your pocket.

Zael Kain
Dec 21, 2008, 07:09 PM
it has a quick menu ? nice i didn't know about it.. ty !

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 12:15 AM
It's Sega Saturn in your pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQEdv99gkhs&feature=related

And the graphics are fine. I can tell what is going on, and what is what. I don't need fancy pants graphics to enjoy a game, just enough to tell what is going on.

Aeternus
Dec 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
Graphics are fantastic I think.. menus are nicely laid out, and it's very smooth, with so far no noticeable frame rate drops.

Aumi
Dec 22, 2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQEdv99gkhs&feature=related

And the graphics are fine. I can tell what is going on, and what is what. I don't need fancy pants graphics to enjoy a game, just enough to tell what is going on.

Segata Sanshiro,
Segata Sanshiro!
Sega Sataan... Shiro!

parabolee
Dec 23, 2008, 02:34 PM
I think the graphics are great. i wish the character models were nicer, but they look fine while you are playing.

Looks very impressive for a DS game. The comparison to Saturn is fair, but I think it looks nicer than any Saturn game I remember, except maybe Burning Rangers.

Aeternus
Dec 23, 2008, 03:16 PM
I think the graphics are great. i wish the character models were nicer, but they look fine while you are playing.

Looks very impressive for a DS game. The comparison to Saturn is fair, but I think it looks nicer than any Saturn game I remember, except maybe Burning Rangers.

or Panzer Dragoon Saga....what a great game that was.. Luckily snagged when it was released.

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
we cant forget Nights now can we

Epically Leet
Dec 25, 2008, 09:13 AM
Graphics are awesome, and the animation is smooth to boot.