PDA

View Full Version : PSIV: Lashiec makes me RAAAAAAAAAGE!

Immovable One
Dec 22, 2008, 10:48 PM
So I got to Lashiec.
I was following th RPGClassics guide and all, but Lashiec has this broken spell where he sprays us with black orb thingies - killing everybody but Wren (which is why he is a badass).

I have all the skills and techniques recommended for the fight (Wren - Burst Rocket/Attack, Chaz - Ray Blade/Crosscut/NaThu, Rune - NaFoi, Kyra - Hewn, Rika - Gisar/Star Dew).

What I'm not sure though (and probably why I keep on getting pwned) is the recommended level for the fight.

So, what is the recommended level for the Lashiec battle?
And is there anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks

RimeIceFury
Dec 23, 2008, 07:34 AM
AnotherGate hurts, but it shouldn't be one-shotting anyone unless you don't have Barrier up.

Basically, first round should be something like this:
Wren: Barrier
Rika: Shift -> Chaz
Chaz: Crosscut
Rune: Efess if you have it, Nafoi if you don't.
Kyra: Warla (I think his single-target attacks are physical, not magical).

Then basically Rika is on Gisar duty, Wren, Chaz, and Rune unload everything they have, and Kyra alternates between spot-healing with Medice or blasting with Hewn or Nafoi (if she has it). Have Rune use the Psycho Wand when Lashiec uses Reinforce.

I ran through Lashiec with everyone between levels 28 - 31 so you aren't underleveled.

Immovable One
Dec 23, 2008, 12:28 PM
HAHA OWNED!

Thanks dude^^

CelestialBlade
Dec 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
At the outset of the fight, I have a Macro set up where Wren uses Barrier, Rika uses Deban, Kyra uses Warla, and then Chaz and Rune use whatever their strongest skill is. Lashiec is basically hack-and-heal, what you're really fighting against is Rika's TP amount and how many Star Atomizers you have (but don't use up TOO many, you have another hard boss battle coming up soon). Also keep in mind that Kyra's Medice CAN heal Wren.

When he uses Reinforce, you're almost done, so hit him with everything you have. He's the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion.

Immovable One
Dec 23, 2008, 06:44 PM
I believe I'll be fighting Dark Falz's 2nd form next.

RimeIceFury
Dec 23, 2008, 08:36 PM
At the outset of the fight, I have a Macro set up where Wren uses Barrier, Rika uses Deban, Kyra uses Warla, and then Chaz and Rune use whatever their strongest skill is. Lashiec is basically hack-and-heal, what you're really fighting against is Rika's TP amount and how many Star Atomizers you have (but don't use up TOO many, you have another hard boss battle coming up soon). Also keep in mind that Kyra's Medice CAN heal Wren.

Why use both Deban and Warla? To my knowledge, they don't stack. And generally, the best combination for Chaz and Rune against most bosses is Rune: Efess and Chaz: Crosscut in that order if you're macroing. Grand Cross owns.

When he uses Reinforce, you're almost done, so hit him with everything you have. He's the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion.

[spoiler-box]I'm pretty sure Re-Faze (Anger Tower) is the hardest boss in the game. ;-)[/spoiler-box]

But anyways, Dark Falz/Force 2 is a bit of a pain in that Lightning Shower owns Wren hardcore (He takes 175 or so damage even with barrier up). Kyra's kind of forced into Medice duty here (either that, or have Wren consistently recover).

CelestialBlade
Dec 24, 2008, 12:39 AM
Dark Falz 2 is pretty difficult, but not *quite* as hard as Lashiec. The rest of the game is actually fairly easy after that point XD

Re-Faze is the hardest boss if you're dumb ;P Man, screw these purple globs of sometimes-death, THAT is how Megid should be done.

RimeIceFury
Dec 24, 2008, 06:10 AM
Dark Falz 2 is pretty difficult, but not *quite* as hard as Lashiec. The rest of the game is actually fairly easy after that point XD

Re-Faze is the hardest boss if you're dumb ;P Man, screw these purple globs of sometimes-death, THAT is how Megid should be done.

Indeed. Heck, it's even Light-aligned just like the Tsu/Grantz line.

Prince Noah
Mar 20, 2010, 06:55 PM
The Lashiec everybody says is the perfect villain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/mytoytruck/Dark_Lashiec.jpg

landman
Apr 12, 2010, 06:27 AM
Last time I started PSVI I got stuck in Lashiec lol I haven't touched my GP2X since.

Tolly7249
May 11, 2010, 02:13 AM
How has nobody mentioned Saner yet? It increases your agility, making sure you pretty much always act before the enemy, and it makes you hard to hit. Couple it with Wren's Barrier and Deban/Warla/Blessing, and you're pretty much set for defences.

Have a buff Macro set up for the final boss, by the way. It dispels buffs fairly frequently and usually follows up with lots and lots of damage.

Sharkyland
May 30, 2010, 12:00 PM
I forgot who Lasheic is... the only boss I had trouble was the satellite boss (and that guy with the sunglasses that follows you through the cave, but when you get to the top he transforms into a monster). :/

Kinako78
Jun 17, 2010, 11:04 AM
Lashiec's just a pain-in-the-@$$: period.

CaptainPlanet
Nov 5, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hmm... I'm confused. In the English version of PSI (I know we're talking about IV, but I haven't played that one all the way through) they refer to him as Lassic. So I'm guessing Lashiec was, at some point, unanimously agreed to be his English-translated, official name? Anyway, how do you pronounce that, La-sheek?

Drac_Mazoku
Nov 5, 2010, 10:10 AM
Well, it's a Sega from the late 80, beginning of the 90 we're talking about. Translation error are everywhere (See Noah->Lutz). They're the same guy, indeed translated differently because it was translated by other people I'm guessing. La-sheek is as good as anything when it comes to pronounciation. People will all understand who you're talking about. If you want to go by the Japanese name, here's what is told about it in the Compendium translation note about the pronounciation

La Shiec (Yes, the "s" is capitalized - it's "Ra Shiik" in kana, given the same way the last names of the PSIII crew are. While this probably could be romanized as "La Chic" or "La Sick" as well, I've followed in PSIV's footsteps, since its translations of previously-established places and figures are the most literal - if the most unfaithful to English naming conventions - of the series. La Shiec is actually his last name; his first is Reipard, if anyone's interested.)