PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Egg Thieves glitch getting worse?

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 08:25 AM
Not only do I have to restart my game everytime we fail (reguardless if I am leader or not), when I try to sign back on, the registration servers have issues finding my ID. If I wait about 5-10 minutes, I can get back on, but it's still fustrating when someone leaves right after I start the mission, then it takes me 10 mins before I can even come back on!

Was there any news of this getting worse by anyone else, and has Sega said anything about fixing this problem? I'm no programer at all, but I'd say it's just difficulties loading up the fail sceane for some reason.

Smidge204
Dec 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
Stop failing? :D

On a more serious note, I encounter that ("Error 060"?) login issue from time to time as well, though I'm a PC user. It happens when my machine crashes - which is about every other time I try to record video of the game. I think it has something to do with the system not realizing you've disconnected before you try to log in again, thus thinking you're trying to log in twice. A few minutes seems to clear it up for me.

Not necessarily a Sega screwup.
=Smidge=

Dragwind
Dec 23, 2008, 09:45 AM
Interesting, I totally forgot about this. I would send in a support ticket, even though they might have previously swept this one under the rug.

amtalx
Dec 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
Not necessarily a Sega screwup.

It sure is. A new login attempt should kill ghost sessions. There's no good reason why you would try to log in twice.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
=O!
That's right amtalx! If you log in, even if you're already logged in, it should LOG YOU IN! Totally didn't remember that.

I'll send in a ticket anyway. Can't do any harm. I really wonder what's still up with this?

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 10:00 AM
Maybe some data encrypted into the PS2 disk that's unfixable or corrupt (I could have sworn it was fixed in JP though?)

This reminds me of when I have extreme lag on Starcraft and try to log on and it says "Sorry, your CDKey is in use from "DreXxiN"

Cracka_J
Dec 23, 2008, 10:37 AM
What was the issue to begin with?

I've never heard of, or experienced a glitch running that mission. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just wondering what it is.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 10:46 AM
It's whenever you fail the mission, for any reason, usually it's if the leader is on a ps2, everyone gets stuck at the loading screen for the "OMG YOU KILLED GRANDPA" cut sceane. The leader has to shut thier ps2 off in order for the rest of the party to load the sceane.
Lately though;
1- I always get stuck at that loading screen and have to turn off the ps2, even when I'm not leader.
2- Even when I leave, the others still get stuck at the loading screen, but that's only when I am leader.
3- Sometimes when I have to restart, and I try to connect back on, there is an error that says the registration site can't find my ID. It states it's incorrect when it isn't.

I agree with Smidge that it might be because it thinks I'm already logged in or something, but amtalx here made the point that when you log in, even if you were loggin in somewhere else, you will be logged out from where you currently were and log in to where you where logging in. So lets say if someone hacked your password and logged in while you were on, you'd get disconnected as they can log into you. So since that is what happens, the server shouldn't deny you access to log in if it thinks your stuck somewhere.

This is making me think that, if you are currently loading something from where you are currently logged into, that you can't log in until that loading is finished, hence why you get stuck there.

As far as WHY this happens, there's been no real answer, but it is something with a loading error with the fail sceane and it might be something on my disc as well. I used to be able to load it only if I wasn't leader, but now I can't anymore.

Powder Keg
Dec 23, 2008, 11:13 AM
If you wait a while, it'll eventually go back.

I dunno about logging back in though. I would say the game still thinks you're logged in, but if that was the case it would still log you in and logout the previous session....I tested this with PC/PS2 back in vanilla PSU. I think you're right though, it may be trying to finish loading whatever it was trying to load.

Ruru
Dec 23, 2008, 11:37 AM
actually i dont think that's the case. last night a friend of mine (on pc) went to switch characters while in his room and when he tried to log back in, sega wouldn't recognize his ID either. I'm thinking its a problem with the registration server again.

as for egg thieves... blah that forever loading screen if/when you fail is why i stopped running that mission. i really wish they would fix it because i hate needing to force a D/C because of bad programming. and to whoever said it just takes a while but will load. um no. i waited 10 minutes one time (as in afked went to do the dishes then came back) and it was still stuck on a black screen of lolloadingyourgamedata.

Powder Keg
Dec 23, 2008, 11:43 AM
Damn, that sucks.

After all, it only happened to me twice when I waited.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 11:49 AM
Ruru is right.
(As for when my parties fail) I instantly log off, so if my members have to wait longer then a min, they all should just DC as well. Thank God this only happens when I'm in a random party and not all the time lol.

ErtaiClou
Dec 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
I've been having the same problem where fails to reconize the ID, like error 71 or something, only I haven't been running Egg Thieves and it just seems to randomly attack when I change characters. Takes like 10 minutes before it lets me back in.

Libram
Dec 23, 2008, 01:29 PM
I had this happen to a few players when I was leading, but I still managed to see the ending scene. When I noticed they were still stuck I'd just abandon once I hit the lobby, and that seemed to kick them out of the perpetual load.

Kinako78
Dec 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
I've been having the same problem where fails to reconize the ID, like error 71 or something, only I haven't been running Egg Thieves and it just seems to randomly attack when I change characters. Takes like 10 minutes before it lets me back in.

Same here.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 02:51 PM
Guess with the ID thing it's the actual site having hic-ups.
Thanks for the input guys. (Still needs to send a ticket >_>; )