PDA

View Full Version : What do you pick up... or not pick up?

rayner
Dec 23, 2008, 11:37 AM
I don't usually party up with random people, but lately I've been doing some MP runs to level up some jobs. I've come across some people that don't pick up anything? I can see Kerseline, Vestaline... even Vulcaline... but Junaline? You can sell that for 1500 to the NPC... and the missions I've been playing the meseta-drops have been lower than that amount. This was on Random as well... I can see set-to-order because that would be a junk rare that would take up your spot? But on Random why skip it?

Other behavior I've see is passing up Copernia & Omega Acids... each sell for 30K - 40K in player shops. One guy even said in his mic "who is picking up this crap?" Then proceeded to sell it to the NPC? At current rates Zon-Photon & Di-photon are in high demand... yet no one picks them up? Zon-photon sell for 2500 meseta, Di-photon sell for 3500 meseta. These same people go out of their way to pick-up an 1107 meseta drop, but leave the photons?

Also 7* - 9* weapon boards? Why skip them on Random? They sell for at least 2500 meseta... and if you have the time you can try to FAIL them on purpose to gain 10* metals / Walna. Get a bunch of Im-photons / El-photons and use that Kerseline - Vulcaline to fail a board and gain a Walna that sells for 100K+ It's all these little things that add up to millions... why pass them up... yet pick up meseta?

I have been stock-piling elemental photons since MAG... I'm just now unloading them all and I've made like 7 - 10 million this past week. Truffles... leave, Berries... leave, Monomates & Dimates... pass, but why skip something that sells for more than the meseta-drops?

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 11:42 AM
It's mainly because some people have big pallettes (espessially when doing all of road) so they don't have much room for etc. drops. They wanna save the 10 slots they have for rare drops they might get.

Otherwise, I pick up all boards and sell most to the npcs, and all 10*+ drops.

As far as Copernia and stuff I always pick up because two of them make an S grinder. I usually picked up photons, but I've been full on them lately and don't need to. As far as truffles and things, I concider them useless.

I'd say it's safe to just ask when you join a party what they want picked up and what they want left. Sometimes you can look at what the item pick-up is set at and ask if they could change it to "Give Finder" or something. Remember! Meseta is a RARE drop, not a NORMAL one. So putting normal items on "Give Finder" will not effect the meseta drops.

It is silly that some people can't just check their invintory during the run and drop what they don't want, but everyone should be intitled to do as they please when they play. (Saying that within reason mind you.) As a random joining a party, it's curtious of you to ask what the leader wants, while as the leader of the party, it's nice to take a majority vote on what should be picked up if there's ever a problem with it, but I'd say as the leader you have the final ruling when it comes to that.

Powder Keg
Dec 23, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'll never understand why it bothers people, if they don't want it they should just drop it. And if it's on order in an open party...well, that's their fault. They won't make any friends threatening to boot every person who picks up something they don't want.

Magician
Dec 23, 2008, 12:03 PM
I don't usually party up with random people, but lately I've been doing some MP runs to level up some jobs. I've come across some people that don't pick up anything? I can see Kerseline, Vestaline... even Vulcaline... but Junaline? You can sell that for 1500 to the NPC... and the missions I've been playing the meseta-drops have been lower than that amount. This was on Random as well... I can see set-to-order because that would be a junk rare that would take up your spot? But on Random why skip it?

Other behavior I've see is passing up Copernia & Omega Acids... each sell for 30K - 40K in player shops. One guy even said in his mic "who is picking up this crap?" Then proceeded to sell it to the NPC? At current rates Zon-Photon & Di-photon are in high demand... yet no one picks them up? Zon-photon sell for 2500 meseta, Di-photon sell for 3500 meseta. These same people go out of their way to pick-up an 1107 meseta drop, but leave the photons?

Also 7* - 9* weapon boards? Why skip them on Random? They sell for at least 2500 meseta... and if you have the time you can try to FAIL them on purpose to gain 10* metals / Walna. Get a bunch of Im-photons / El-photons and use that Kerseline - Vulcaline to fail a board and gain a Walna that sells for 100K+ It's all these little things that add up to millions... why pass them up... yet pick up meseta?

I have been stock-piling elemental photons since MAG... I'm just now unloading them all and I've made like 7 - 10 million this past week. Truffles... leave, Berries... leave, Monomates & Dimates... pass, but why skip something that sells for more than the meseta-drops?

These are the folks who like goldania, nanopolymers, uber boss box rares and nothing else. To them, picking up red drops that average 40k-80k in player stores (360 version) is a waste of their time. I don't care to play with this type of PSU player and I'm sure they wouldn't want to play along with me as I pick up most everything except monomates.

I'm the guy who loves to buy a stack of carbon for 9,900 in player stores and sell it back to the npc for 12,375.
Free meseta is free meseta.

amtalx
Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
I rarely pick up anything below 10*. Why? Because I'm too lazy to price all the crap in my inventory and put it up in my shop. I have enough meseta that its really not worth my time anyway. However, I don't really get angry when someone picks up "garbage" if they need something in particular. Just don't openly and repeatedly defy the party leader. Parties are NOT democracies. If you don't like their rules, leave.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
It's mainly because some people have big pallettes (espessially when doing all of road) so they don't have much room for etc. drops. They wanna save the 10 slots they have for rare drops they might get.

Otherwise, I pick up all boards and sell most to the npcs, and all 10*+ drops.

As far as Copernia and stuff I always pick up because two of them make an S grinder. I usually picked up photons, but I've been full on them lately and don't need to. As far as truffles and things, I concider them useless.

I'd say it's safe to just ask when you join a party what they want picked up and what they want left. Sometimes you can look at what the item pick-up is set at and ask if they could change it to "Give Finder" or something. Remember! Meseta is a RARE drop, not a NORMAL one. So putting normal items on "Give Finder" will not effect the meseta drops.

It is silly that some people can't just check their invintory during the run and drop what they don't want, but everyone should be intitled to do as they please when they play. (Saying that within reason mind you.) As a random joining a party, it's curtious of you to ask what the leader wants, while as the leader of the party, it's nice to take a majority vote on what should be picked up if there's ever a problem with it, but I'd say as the leader you have the final ruling when it comes to that.

Nods in agreement. Even the stuff most people find useless sells for cash money. A few thousand meseta extra each run adds up.

Kylie
Dec 23, 2008, 12:09 PM
It doesn't bother me if people pick up stuff I don't want because dropping it or selling it to the NPC isn't that much of an inconvenience. Personally, I don't pick up stuff that can be bought from the NPC and stuff that's worthless (B to A rank) that I don't need. The only s rank item that I don't pick up is junaline because I have so much of that already.

darkante
Dec 23, 2008, 12:10 PM
I gladly pick up the -line serie or Copernia, Olpad and Grinder Base S.

It will easiely pay off the cost of stocking up recovery items for the duration of the mission and more.
The worst thing i know is the party leader kicks a player on the assumption that he/she picked up "useless" -line serie items to much.
That is just idiotic, but his game his rules.
Not a party i stay for long in, thatīs for sure.

When i make parties, i usually make it Rare - Set Random and Items - Set finder.
That way, less nagging more cash making. =P

Ryno
Dec 23, 2008, 12:15 PM
if im the party leader i dont care if you pic up anything. even if it's set in order or random even if you pick up a kerseline im not going to boot yu like a level 150 does. hahaha! so you can join my party because im cool LOL for not booting even if i form a 50% party and a 49% or 15% person joined oh well im not booting because im nice. =)and i dont care even if they idol through the whole GBR mission. because somthing might be really important
Ryogen(steve) and I dont care like some others do. lol

OldCoot
Dec 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
I see this often. People are trained to not pick up many of the drops. Yesterday while doing a run, I noticed people were skipping Lidra drops. Those sell to the NPC for 33k each but the same people immediately grab the meseta even if it were 300. Training.

Thankfully one of my friends runs where he wants all rares and oh boy do some players have a hard time coming out of their grove to do that. This prevents those who get to the boss boxes from keeping track of the order (if you play that) and cherry pick things.

I don't care if I am PL and if you grab photons, any other greens or any rares who cares. If the inventory gets full, I just sell stuff at the vendor since I need to buy more items anyway.

fay
Dec 23, 2008, 12:55 PM
good to see there are still some people who pick stuff up left. the most extreem case of this i saw was a guy who kept yelling down his mic stop picking up crap or your getting booted. its my rules or you can leave. he would even pick up polymers. (this was during the neudais GBR)
no polymers, no boards no nothing. only thing he picked up was the new weapons available at that time and they has to be actually the best there is.

literally every party i join is the no junk thing. to be honesnt im fucking sick of it.
my whole card list is getting erased and im only keeping peopel who actually wanna pick stuff up.

please if you like to pick up stuff leave a message on my message board so i know your name and i can get your card some time. name is ELEMENTAL GIRL. we can go do some "junk runs" =]

Smidge204
Dec 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
I usually grab everything, figuring it's faster and more profitable to sort it out later. The only time I skipped nearly everything was when I was spamming Scarred Planet C for Copernia, but that was for like 30 runs a day. Only time I really have a problem is when an area drops a lot of boards and weapons that don't stack, which fills up my inventory pretty quick.

Most mats I put into storage, only junking to the NPC when the stack is full (At which point I'll sell all but 50 of whatever) with exceptions of certain items that are particularly valuable.

Also save a lot of money synthing my own supplies and PM food. If you're raising a pure ranged PM you can synth your own Freeze Trap EXs for less than half the cost of buying new - and that's buying the materials, not from drops! Even if I synth a stack of Star Atomizers and NPC them I come out a few grand ahead.

Sure it's crap, but it's free crap! Waste not, want not.
=Smidge=

Tianna
Dec 23, 2008, 01:18 PM
I am on PS2 but had to chime in. I pick up almost everything except mates...2 words...PHOTN GACHA ...lol
I have 8 full gachas right now I use for storage for when stuff gets way too pricey and I never have to buy much to synth anything :P

rayner
Dec 23, 2008, 01:25 PM
good to see there are still some people who pick stuff up left. the most extreem case of this i saw was a guy who kept yelling down his mic stop picking up crap or your getting booted. its my rules or you can leave. he would even pick up polymers. (this was during the neudais GBR)
no polymers, no boards no nothing. only thing he picked up was the new weapons available at that time and they has to be actually the best there is.

literally every party i join is the no junk thing. to be honesnt im fucking sick of it.
my whole card list is getting erased and im only keeping peopel who actually wanna pick stuff up.

please if you like to pick up stuff leave a message on my message board so i know your name and i can get your card some time. name is ELEMENTAL GIRL. we can go do some "junk runs" =]

I wouldn't even call them "Junk Runs" If I'm doing Military Subway S what items of value can you actually get? I'm there for the MP and to level my Twin Handgun / Killer Shot bullets. These same people will also pass up Trimates / Star Atomizers? Don't you USE them? I know I do...

I'm not angry that people won't pick that stuff up cause I'll be missing out? But they run for meseta... but pass up items worth MORE? Once you know an NPC sell-rate you should remember it. Junaline - 1500, Merculine - 2000... ect.

Also in a party of 4+ and on Random to get 10 rares in 1 run you'd have to be pretty dam lucky. Just go to the NPC after the mission and unload anything you don't want to keep for the next mission... or drop a few items before the boss boxes. I always pause before hand in case someone wants to make room :-)

If you're up to MP leveling I'll stop by and leave a message :-)

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
When im leader i ask to not pick up anything less then 10* Unless its omega acid,copernia,olpad. I could b forgetting one but im not sure

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
You know, if you guys don't like the leader's rules you can play a different game or solo..always viable options.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 23, 2008, 01:35 PM
I find it funny, usually the kids are stealing my items, mooching off me and taking my money.
I just wait for the rares to come in, armor, weapons, and what not, and steal it from them.
Payback is a... (You know the saying).

I always try to get the Goldania, Silvenia, Copernia, and Tormad though.
Worth money, and I need the copernia anyway. =O

rayner
Dec 23, 2008, 01:36 PM
You know, if you guys don't like the leader's rules you can play a different game or solo..always viable options.

Sure we may not like the certain players rules or how they play... but I just can't understand their play-style? I won't pick up Kerseline if I'm told not to... but to not pick up a Walker Line at the END OF A MISSION only to sell it for 42K in less than 2 mins... yet these same players will walk across the entire room for that Yellow dot? I just can't understand it?

Lind Lawliet
Dec 23, 2008, 01:42 PM
Sure we may not like the certain players rules or how they play... but I just can't understand their play-style? I won't pick up Kerseline if I'm told not to... but to not pick up a Walker Line at the END OF A MISSION only to sell it for 42K in less than 2 mins... yet these same players will walk across the entire room for that Yellow dot? I just can't understand it?

If they told me to not pick a Walker Line up, I'd pick it up anyway.
I usually just constantly go from party to party, and hardly stay with the same group (Unless I'm the leader.)
Besides, if I want to avoid playing with the person in the future, why not just pick it up and never see them again? =/
IF someone asks me to give them an item I've run into alot (like the Walker Line), I will give them that.

30 Walker lines from 40 runs. =/
Not even with photon fortune, either.

fay
Dec 23, 2008, 01:49 PM
as i said. i bet 1 mil mesate that if i put a kerseline and a 10 mesata drop at the opposite end of the room the player would pick up the mesata and leave the kerseline lol

im in my room now btw if you wanna come get my card. ill be offline for an hour but ill be back on after that

Tetsaru
Dec 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
If it's red, I'll pick it up most of the time. About the only things I DON'T pick up anymore are neutral Photons, berries/truffles, Antimates, and Moon Atomizers, but I can make use out of almost anything else. I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that I pick up just about everything, but I carry roughly 35 items in my inventory in terms of weapons, armor, and consumables, so I have plenty of room for loot, and loot = money, plus I do a lot of synthing. All the stupid elitists out there can either stop carrying around so many fucking weapons/armor that they don't need, or sell the stuff they don't want, or take a few seconds to drop those items. I'd be glad to take them off your hands. =D

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 02:07 PM

Yeah I understand, that's really silly. I'm not a penny pincher but I always pick up the armors and sell em. XD

Dragwind
Dec 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
I tend to pick up 9* materials, weapons, armors etc and up just to NPC for meseta. Quick meseta indeed. It doesn't bother me if others pick up other stuff though, I just drop it as it gets into my inventory.

BlakLanner
Dec 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
I pick up anything rare and any elemental photons I can find. If they don't like it, they can drop them at the end of the run and I will take them. All of those little things add up and it is much easier to make weapons/armor when you know you have most of what you need, especially photons.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah, PICK UP ALL BLUE THINGS.
Something all master classes need to have engraved in their skulls lol.

Calsetes
Dec 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
I agree with some of the people here, if it's red, I grab it. Rarely do I pick up anything that's not red, with the exception of healing items (and even then, it's skipping Monomates) and maybe the occasional elemental photon or some note seeds. Like others say, split a 2500 meseta drop between 6 people, and you're looking at just over 400 per person. A vulcaline sells for what, 300? That's a free money drop for you. Junaline (which I'm full on but still pick up) is worth a lot more, at 1500 per unit. That's equivalent to several money drops in a mission.

But hey, everyone has their own play styles, and if I'm not the leader and like the party, I'll stop grabbing what they want me to stop grabbing (with the exception of "Who's picking up this Goldania crap?" Then they can gladly drop it and give it to me.)

sephiroth115
Dec 23, 2008, 03:08 PM
Go monomate... No really go away. Yes I actually pick up vestaline and vulcaline. It makes great gacha filler

Lockon Stratos
Dec 23, 2008, 03:11 PM
i would never boot anyone for picking up junk tho i would drop all the stuff that sells for less than 5k cos i rarely sell to the mpc shops cos its a hassle. and ive been full on items at the boss boxes to many times before when sumthin good drops.

Tetsaru
Dec 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
I think one simple technique that many people fail to realize is to just open your main menu mid-mission every once in a while and scroll to your items. Without even having to open it, you should be able to see how many items you're carrying... 35/60, for example. Personally, when I start getting to around 50 or 55 items on me, I'll start checking it more often, especially during FOI/PF/IS so I don't run out of space. If I do fill up, I usually just drop some photons, -lines, or any "1 of's" that may be floating around... or if it's all too valuable, I'll just go to the lobby real quick, deliver it to my common's box, and sort through it later.

But yeah, if you're that paranoid about your inventory, just hit start, look at your current item capacity, and hit start again, simple as that. It only takes a second or two.

Calsetes
Dec 23, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, when I'm with people who seem to be picking up everything that isn't nailed down to the polygonal scenery I find myself checking my open inventory slots a bit too much at times. Like I said though, I won't boot someone for it unless they're extremely annoying in general, like "Everyone in the party wants to leave him at the boss by himself and laugh when he complains" annoying, which I think I've only seen once, and that guy left shortly afterwards.

Proto07
Dec 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
I pick up everything and let players know they can too. I've noticed when close to the end of a run the majority of people won't even pick up polymers or walna because they'll lose a chance at a Kaos unit or an Armas board.

aaronxmr
Dec 23, 2008, 09:47 PM
ok so this i have encountered also but what is the deal with me getting kicked for picking up a Scapedoll i just dont understand ive been kicked plenty of times and it annoys the me like seriously why does this happen its annoying i understand geeting kicked for other reasons but why a scapedoll.....

nooblet
Dec 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
people are werid sometimes. i mean dont everyone make a pitstop at the store npc after every run to restock up on mates and dolls? you could easily sell off any 'junk" materials you dont need.

Noblewine
Dec 23, 2008, 11:50 PM
I'll pick anything depending on if I need it to synth stuff. However, I'll keep an eye on my inventory whenever stuff is giving to me from players who pick up any items. I sell or feed stuff to my PM depending on what it is.

mvffin
Dec 24, 2008, 12:02 AM
just the other day, I was running egg thieves. Leader picks up a [B] Frauduke (20k) and a [B] Sweet Deathic (almost no value). So I pick up a copernia (30k) and he says NO GARBAGE PLZ. >_>

autumn
Dec 24, 2008, 12:11 AM
Hint: Anything that I can get grinder base s from so I don't have to buy them does not constitute as junk >.>
The people who consider it junk are the people who sell in player shops for 1k and make me a very happy player.

Googlebonker
Dec 24, 2008, 12:30 AM
How many items do people carry with them and leave in their Common Boxes? O_o

If you don't have enough room in your inventory to hold all of the stackable items from one Mission you're spamming, what in Gurhal are you holding? 50 Weapons?

I like to pick up all items that 7-star and up. If you don't want it, drop it. I can understand people not wanting 6-star and down synthesis items, but even then, you can drop them if you don't want them.

rayner
Dec 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
as i said. i bet 1 mil mesate that if i put a kerseline and a 10 mesata drop at the opposite end of the room the player would pick up the mesata and leave the kerseline lol

im in my room now btw if you wanna come get my card. ill be offline for an hour but ill be back on after that

I did this last night in the 3rd Block in Military Subway S... you know with the teleporters, in the distance there is a Kerseline... I walk up to it drop 89 Meseta right next to it. The guy picking up NOTHING walks all the way over to it and picks up the meseta and leaves the Kerseline. hahahaha

Dhylec
Dec 24, 2008, 08:59 AM
I did this last night in the 3rd Block in Military Subway S... you know with the teleporters, in the distance there is a Kerseline... I walk up to it drop 89 Meseta right next to it. The guy picking up NOTHING walks all the way over to it and picks up the meseta and leaves the Kerseline. hahahaha

This just shows that people underestimate the true value of items, specially those that they consider 'junks'.

Neith
Dec 24, 2008, 09:02 AM
Generally when I'm with other people, I don't pick up:
- Copernia
- Olpad (although these two I DO pick up solo, as I use them for Grinder Base S)
- Grinder Base C/B/A
- Any ore between Acenaline and Merculine. Neptuline is the first I pick up. The reason for not picking up the lower ones is I have over a stack of each, and don't need more.
- Monomates
- On my Force, Moon Atomizer/X
- Antimates (I just use Sol Atomizers)

There's a few exceptions too. Sweet Deathic boards for example- I won't pick them up in a party, but when I'm with friends we tend to pick them up for a laugh (and see who's unlucky enough to get it).

If people do pick up rubbish, I'll generally just drop stuff every now and again. If it's REALLY pointless stuff like Metamor Acid/Monomates and it's done repeatedly, I might ask who's doing it and ask if they'll stop. I've never kicked anyone for it though.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 10:54 AM
just the other day, I was running egg thieves. Leader picks up a [B] Frauduke (20k) and a [B] Sweet Deathic (almost no value). So I pick up a copernia (30k) and he says NO GARBAGE PLZ. >_>

He he! I love the PSU community! x3 Thanks for the lulz mvffin!

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
You guys fail to understand that it's not that people don't understand the VALUE of junk, so they pick up meseta that is worth lesser quantities of money..

It's just not worth the effort pick up a kerseline and sell it for 1k rather than picking up 500 meseta..

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 01:22 PM
The people who consider it junk are the people who sell in player shops for 1k and make me a very happy player.

People who consider Copernia junk sell it to the NPC. It doesn't even make it to the player shops. This is why I don't run with randoms. Every once in a while one of the people I run with will complain about the garbage drops being picked up. I tell him to go to universe 1 if he wants to be in a party that doesn't pick up anything. That normally gets him to stop complaining since he hates running with randoms more than I do.

Smidge204
Dec 24, 2008, 01:33 PM
It's just not worth the effort pick up a kerseline and sell it for 1k rather than picking up 500 meseta..

Even though they could do both. Nice false dichotomy ya got going there.

=Smidge=

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 01:53 PM
Even though they could do both. Nice false dichotomy ya got going there.

Meseta stacks in one spot up to 99,999,999 times and does not count towards your 60 item limit. Kerseline stacks in one spot up to 99 times and does count towards your 60 item limit.

Meseta is split between party members. Kerseline only goes to one party member. You can think of it as "Meseta helps all party members when it is picked up. Kerseline only helps the person who did not receive it." That's the mentality of the random party.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
False dichotomy?

You kidding me? Go around and ask players if they wanna put up Kerseline in their shop PERIOD. Seriously, do it. No one will want to.

Calsetes
Dec 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
If I had an extra stack of 99 Kerselines, I'd put it up in my shop.

Money's money. Shop it for like 100 meseta more than you can sell it to an NPC, give someone a good deal and make what, like a 25% increase in your price per unit?

However, since I don't want to lug around a bunch of Kerseline myself, I usually just sell it to an NPC when I'm in a good party doing repeated runs of the GBR missions. Same thing with all the Vestaline, Vulcaline, and Junaline I get. I like to think of it as like "free money coupons" that you exchange at the end of a mission when you're restocking your items.

But then again, I'm not doing S2 runs. For all I know, it could be nothing dropping there except already-made weapons, boards, and other things that only store one per inventory slot. I'll find out in about 7 more levels though.

OldCoot
Dec 24, 2008, 02:31 PM

It is training. Yellow dot, "Must pick up." Even if it is 1 meseta. I could drop some on the ground and folks would swarm over to it. But if a 7 star weapon were to drop, "No Junk!" I guess you will be using those trimates you have since I am gone.

Smidge204
Dec 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
Meseta is split between party members. Kerseline only goes to one party member. You can think of it as "Meseta helps all party members when it is picked up. Kerseline only helps the person who did not receive it." That's the mentality of the random party.

So the mentality of the random party is "if there's a chance it won't benefit me directly, fuck everybody else"? That's great.

This is why I solo rather than join other parties without invite. By the way, my parties are always open so feel free to hop in if there's room - provided you aren't going to bitch when I pick up everything in sight.

=Smidge=
P.S. I tihnk you messed up the wording there: "Kerseline only helps the person who did not receive it." ? So it hurts the one who did? How? It's free money equivalent.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 02:43 PM
Wait, are we seriously arguing why people should pick up kerseline for the benefit of the party?

As far as I remember, it's been OVER A YEAR that it's been considered a joke of "getting kerse'd" if you happened to get one of these.

Benefit of having more inventory space for more stuff > the extra little meseta that won't get jack squat late-game for you in my opinion

Smidge204
Dec 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry, not gonna let you turn the whole situation around like that.

Other than not wanting to waste five seconds of your precious time to drop the stuff you don't want, or dump it on an NPC later, you really haven't produced any compelling arguments why you SHOULDN'T pick stuff up.

There have at least been a handful of arguments in favor of it, though. Refute the merits of those or state your own arguments.

With the exception of picking up a lot of single-slot items like weapons and boards, if your inventory is so full it can't handle a dozen extra stacks of random crap maybe you're just over equipped?
=Smidge=

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry, not gonna let you turn the whole situation around like that.

Other than not wanting to waste five seconds of your precious time to drop the stuff you don't want, or dump it on an NPC later, you really haven't produced any compelling arguments why you SHOULDN'T pick stuff up.

There have at least been a handful of arguments in favor of it, though. Refute the merits of those or state your own arguments.

With the exception of picking up a lot of single-slot items like weapons and boards, if your inventory is so full it can't handle a dozen extra stacks of random crap maybe you're just over equipped?
=Smidge=

If you play fighters and enjoy playing classes as fast as possible, I don't even think the selling of the Kerseline is worth other's going into the inventory and dropping it if they don't want it. Arguing that Kerseline's benefit you is null, who the hell will buy kerselines from your shop? and the meseta you get from the NPC is a joke, making it only an inconvenience.

If you're carrying 3-4 weapon types and you need the correct element for the mission with all of those types, it really sucks. Gunners and Techers don't have this problem so much, honestly though if you benefit from kerseline rather than find it an annoyance at ALL, you're either EXTREMELY casual or new to the game.

Honestly, Majority-in-favor doesn't always apply to everything as correct, but the majority of people obviously have some kind of reason to skip them.

xTwiztidClown
Dec 24, 2008, 03:23 PM
I only pick up weapons, armors, and boards. I dont pick up healing or synthing items if im in a party with people usually.

San Anto
Dec 24, 2008, 03:30 PM
i would drop any of vulcaline, vestaline or kerseline that i had if my inventory was full i like to free up atleast 3 spots incase anything of more value drops.

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 03:50 PM
P.S. I tihnk you messed up the wording there: "Kerseline only helps the person who did not receive it." ? So it hurts the one who did? How? It's free money equivalent.

Nope, that was the intended wording. Kerseline hurts the person who received it because they no longer have a change at that ultra rare that they were looking for. "Oh noes! I got a Kerseline! That automatically means I won't get a LKK at the end of the run"

Then there are the conspiracy theorist that think that anyone who is picking up Kerseline is intentionally messing with the drop order (when set in order) trying to make it so the LKK will go to them at the end. Then there are the people who are like "Oh no! I have 50 items, I might fill up before the [b]Armas line drops and not have any room to pick it up" These are the ones that make me laugh the most. 90% of the items that drop in any given run are stackable. At most you'll likely get 2 unique non-stackable items in a run of six people in set in order. You aren't going to magically fill up from 50 to 60 in one run.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 03:54 PM
Nope, that was the intended wording. Kerseline hurts the person who received it because they no longer have a change at that ultra rare that they were looking for. "Oh noes! I got a Kerseline! That automatically means I won't get a LKK at the end of the run"

Then there are the conspiracy theorist that think that anyone who is picking up Kerseline is intentionally messing with the drop order (when set in order) trying to make it so the LKK will go to them at the end. Then there are the people who are like "Oh no! I have 50 items, I might fill up before the [b]Armas line drops and not have any room to pick it up" These are the ones that make me laugh the most. 90% of the items that drop in any given run are stackable. At most you'll likely get 2 unique non-stackable items in a run of six people in set in order. You aren't going to magically fill up from 50 to 60 in one run.

I must use hax then. XD. Or I'm a very magical person >_>

_Vyser_
Dec 24, 2008, 04:51 PM
On my melee classes, I have roughly 9 spaces open for items. I check my item storage every once in awhile to avoid 60/60, but sometimes I forget or just don't have time in the middle of battle. I will pick up any rares that have a trade value, worthwhile (rare mats, new equipment, etc.), or if they sell for a nice chunk of money (8*+ weapons/armor drops). If I'm on one of my techer alts, I pick up anything that I can sell.

I do skip lots of items, not because I'm lazy, but I have enough money as is and I don't want to risk having to skip a rare while in a random. Luckily, I play with my friends with finder on about 99% time, so I don't need to worry about maxing my items nearly as much as if I was in a random.

Vickie
Dec 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
i don't really roll with a party much, but im sure like some of you have already said "its an inventory issue", a lot of people have to carry a lot of items for missions already, protranser for example carries a lot of traps( i would Hope ) and some people just feel naked if they dont have alot of weapons on them ( im one of them ) all the extra items picked up fill your inventory and you have to constantly drop things you don't want, and after awhile (i'm sure most of you would agree) can get pretty annoyed with that, on top of all the other menus and shit that you have to navigate through in this game, however when solo you should pick up everything and sell it, all of that adds up i do it all the time.

GreenArcher
Dec 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
I pick up all red items, am I nub? :(

I think we need a certain someone to come in this thread to calculate the time wasted picking up these items vs. meseta gained so we can maximize our profits/time :wacko:

_Vyser_
Dec 24, 2008, 05:41 PM
Nah, you're not a nub. You just have the patience/item space to deal with all the not-so-rare rares.

fay
Dec 24, 2008, 06:13 PM
its simple. peopel who pick up everything. just go party leader all the time. that way you wont get booted for it and you will still get people who join because they cant be bothered arguing.

and since everyone is arguing over the kerseline thing. if you want a reason to pick it up then hows this. the arms dealer will be comming before too long now. you need 25 kerseline per stique weapon you want.
is that isnt a good enough reason for you then as far as im concerned. you have problems

Vickie
Dec 24, 2008, 06:17 PM
you need 25 kerseline per stique weapon you want.
is that isnt a good enough reason for you then as far as im concerned. you have problems

Lol i want 6 stique cannons and use nothing but that

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
I must use hax then. XD. Or I'm a very magical person >_>

So magic man what are your 50 unique non-stackable items that you are carrying into a run that makes it impossible to pick up anything else in a party of six.

Let me try to guess how this goes from Seed Express:

1) Every element of armor although in the Parum GBR you only really need lightning and dark? (6 spots)

2) Then you are also carrying every resist although you'll only use three maybe four (freeze, vijeri, stun, maybe shock). Also carry your show off items that you aren't going to use in the run (Red / Wall, fighmasters wearing Red / Force). (6 more spots)

3) Then you have to have four of each weapon (doubles, spears, axes, but no swords?) (12 more items. 16 with swords)

4) Three pieces for clothes (1 to 3 of course unless you are carrying your swimsuit for paracabana)

5) Monomate (noob picks up one during the run so you don't notice until you see skip [b]Armas boohoo hoo!), Dimate (lol, people still use those? as I've been told before), Trimate, Sol Atomizer, Antimate (noob pickup), Photon Charge, PhotonChargeCosmo, Freeze Trap G (Jabroga starter), 99 PA frags (because you know you don't need anymore and don't feel like selling them for 100 meseta each), Scape Dolls, Moon Atomizer (those darn noobs), Moon Atomizer X. (12 items)

So that's 39~43 items before pickups (I normally run into a mission with 32 non-pickups.

Then you have your:
Junaline
Merculine
Neptuline
Grinder Base S
Hapotite
Cladorian
Par Walna

That takes you up to 50 from 43. This is where you have to start worrying. You can't possibly drop the monomates, antimates, and moon atomizers because the noobs would just pick them up again without you noticing. Throw in that Chicotite (don't feel like dropping off or selling from your lightning beasts run), Slaterian (just going to get more from MB, so no need to drop that either), Kerseline, Vestaline, Vulcaline, Par Ebon, and you are already up to 56. Uh-oh, only four spots left and here you are full of noob items before the end of the run! Next you go on a spree. You get the Tyrant Spadac, the Tamagiri-zashic, and the [b] Delpi in a group of six in set in order.

Boy it's really hard going. What do you do? You're at Mother Brain at the end of Seed Express and you have 59 items... You can't possibly drop those monomates, moon atomizers and all of the noob items you don't want before the teleporter, so you jump into mother brain positively LOADED down with crap you don't want. 59 items. You go and fight mother brain and then open the boxes. There it is! The [b] Armas line, but someone doesn't see it and picks up a note seed first! You get it, but don't notice. Then they pick up the Armas line. NOOOOOOO!!! You see those dreaded words scroll up your screen "Skip: [b] Armas Line". That damn noob set you up! How dare he! He knew you would get that note seed The leader should have kicked him before you got laden down with more crap.

I cry for you. I'm crying a goddamn river. It sucks sooooooo bad. Guess you should have put away some of those items you never used and were never going to use in the first place, but how did you know the noob party would load you down with 17 more items before the end of the run. It's unbelievable and I won't stand for such outrage. We should petition Sega and make sure that no one can pick up anything that isn't good ever again. It's an obvious game flaw that needs to be fixed. DAMMIT DAMN YOU SEGAC AND YOUR FLAWED GAME DESIGN!!!111!!11oneoneone! (dramatics added from previous uni 1 experience with a crybaby, although his rant went on much longer.)

Feel free to give me a better scenario DreXxiN. Give me your list of 50 pre run items that you have that you can't drop off/sell and that don't stack during the run and then list the other 10 items you get in a party of six set in order that will screw you over from getting that ultra rare drop.

I'll give you some suggestions. Replace monomate, dimate, moon atomizer, and antimate, with zon photon, el photon, im photon, and megi photon.

Feel free to make it as dramatic as I have made my example. :)

fay
Dec 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
So magic man what are your 50 unique non-stackable items that you are carrying into a run that makes it impossible to pick up anything else in a party of six.

1) Every element of armor although in the Parum GBR you only really need lightning and dark? (6 spots)

2) Then you are also carrying every resist although you'll only use three maybe four (freeze, vijeri, stun, maybe shock). Also carry your show off items that you aren't going to use in the run (Red / Wall, fighmasters wearing Red / Force). (6 more spots)

3) Then you have to have four of each weapon (doubles, spears, axes, but no swords?) (12 more items. 16 with swords)

4) Three pieces for clothes (1 to 3 of course unless you are carrying your swimsuit for paracabana)

5) Monomate (noob picks up one during the run so you don't notice until you see skip [b]Armas boohoo hoo!), Dimate (lol, people still use those? as I've been told before), Trimate, Sol Atomizer, Antimate (noob pickup), Photon Charge, PhotonChargeCosmo, Freeze Trap G (Jabroga starter), 99 PA frags (because you know you don't need anymore and don't feel like selling them for 100 meseta each), Scape Dolls, Moon Atomizer (those darn noobs), Moon Atomizer X. (12 items)

So that's 39~43 items before pickups (I normally run into a mission with 32 non-pickups.

Then you have your:
Junaline
Merculine
Neptuline
Grinder Base S
Hapotite
Cladorian
Par Walna

That takes you up to 50 from 43. This is where you have to start worrying. You can't possibly drop the monomates, antimates, and moon atomizers because the noobs would just pick them up again without you noticing. Throw in that Chicotite (don't feel like dropping off or selling from your lightning beasts run), Slaterian (just going to get more from MB, so no need to drop that either), Kerseline, Vestaline, Vulcaline, Par Ebon, and you are already up to 56. Uh-oh, only four spots left and here you are full of noob items before the end of the run! Next you go on a spree. You get the Tyrant Spadac, the Tamagiri-zashic, and the [b] Delpi in a group of six in set in order.

Boy it's really hard going. What do you do? You're at Mother Brain at the end of Seed Express and you have 59 items... You can't possibly drop those monomates, moon atomizers and all of the noob items you don't want before the teleporter, so you jump into mother brain positively LOADED down with crap you don't want. 59 items. You go and fight mother brain and then open the boxes. There it is! The [b] Armas line, but someone doesn't see it and picks up a note seed first! You get it, but don't notice. Then they pick up the Armas line. NOOOOOOO!!! You see those dreaded words scroll up your screen "Skip: [b] Armas Line". That damn noob set you up! How dare he! He knew you would get that note seed The leader should have kicked him before you got laden down with more crap.

I cry for you. I'm crying a goddamn river. It sucks sooooooo bad. Guess you should have put away some of those items you never used and were never going to use in the first place, but how did you know the noob party would load you down with 17 more items before the end of the run. It's unbelievable and I won't stand for such outrage. We should petition Sega and make sure that no one can pick up anything that isn't good ever again. It's an obvious game flaw that needs to be fixed. DAMMIT DAMN YOU SEGAC AND YOUR FLAWED GAME DESIGN!!!111!!11oneoneone! (dramatics added from previous uni 1 experience with a crybaby, although his rant went on much longer.)

Feel free to give me a better scenario DreXxiN. Give me your list of 50 pre run items that you have that you can't drop off/sell and that don't stack during the run and then list the other 10 items you get in a party of six set in order that will screw you over from getting that ultra rare drop.

I'll give you some suggestions. Replace monomate, dimate, moon atomizer, and antimate, with zon photon, el photon, im photon, and megi photon.

just got back from work and this made my christmas eve complete. gave me a good laugh. ironic. the funny thing is that all of this is probably true

San Anto
Dec 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
I have 24 weapons =/.
Too lazy to deposit weaps i dont need for a particular mission id rather just bin the minor -lines.

DreXxiN
Dec 26, 2008, 10:58 AM

Then you have your:
Junaline
Merculine
Neptuline
Grinder Base S
Hapotite
Cladorian
Par Walna

You forgot to mention that, you know, I'm actually a Good player and carry traps, then carry extra EX traps for our protranser, carry cosmos, both moon ato's, Pick up other boards from previous runs without depositing (usually get one every few runs).

Because you know, I don't like to deposit boards after every run, and this is arguing about the benefit of the party, right?

But thanks for the lolz, you really proved yourself an assclown in this post.

Also, honestly if you pick up every red box, You REALLLLLY suck at economics. Like really, I have friends that play like twice a month and have no need for that shit.

The funny thing is that you find this so important to have made THAT much of an analysis of my post and tear it up as if these Kerseline's will make you better than me for picking them up.

THERE'S NO REASON U SHOULDNT PICK UP ABSOLUTE SHIT.

Well obviously other posts state otherwise. ;/

My post was a simple joke, and it meant no harm, and you felt the need to sit here and waste time just to make fun of it. Pathetic.

I guess if you REALLY need to sell that kerseline and use that scape doll board, be my guests, but you may just be better suited to actually playing at a local CLAW MACHINE rather than a game that requires economics.

Did this really make you a better player picking up all of those red boxes? Kerseline and Booma Claws help you WHATSOEVER? I didn't think so. It's so unnecessary that I wouldn't even label it as NUMBER CRUNCHING. You even save more time AND MONEY keeping those Non-stackable boards on you and NOT depositing the stackable stuff period because you are that many seconds closer to getting another S rank and getting your meseta reward, which will be a fatter sum then the Vulcaline you picked up in your last 8 runs.

Well, have fun tearing this one apart too, I'm going to go actually PLAY THE GAME instead of wanking off to how much I "owned this dumb forum noob who doesn't pick up red boxes LOLOLOL silly goose" I really feel pity for you if you literally have THAT FEW hobbies that you actually felt the need to pick apart a less than 10 word comment with your huge post that makes you the real internet superstar badass, doesn't it? I just hope you escape your little dungeon with wi-fi and a laptop, get some fresh air for the holidays, and think about some other hobbies to pick up on. =)

Transgamergurl
Dec 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
DreXxiN, Last time i looked this was a place for disscusion. So you don't agree with what some people are commenting on. Then why brother to keep posting all this time. We get it you don't think it is worth your time to pick up what you are saying is usless stuff. To some this is how they make money. Use what works and it works for them so let them be. I'll pick up anything, do i get mad if someone picks up that one item that might keep me from getting another?...yes i do. But i don't come here to nit-pick what other people do. You gave your opioin at first, so just walk away and move on.
I'm not wanting to start anything, but as i read this whole post you just seem to have nothing but negative feedbacks. You won't pick up usless items, but you will find a topic that you deem unworthy and make it unpeaceful for people accually trying to disscuss something.
Of course people are going to disagree on things. but its how you put positives and negatives together to come up with a solution that matters.

shadowsniper6
Dec 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
I don't pick up Anything Not even meseta ....

Shinko
Dec 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
Only time i have a problem with ppl pick up anything is when it set in order. Other than that i can careless. When i'm leader its always on set at random anyways.

Whats junk to you is gold to someone else i always say. XD

DreXxiN
Dec 26, 2008, 12:04 PM
DreXxiN, Last time i looked this was a place for disscusion. So you don't agree with what some people are commenting on. Then why brother to keep posting all this time. We get it you don't think it is worth your time to pick up what you are saying is usless stuff. To some this is how they make money. Use what works and it works for them so let them be. I'll pick up anything, do i get mad if someone picks up that one item that might keep me from getting another?...yes i do. But i don't come here to nit-pick what other people do. You gave your opioin at first, so just walk away and move on.
I'm not wanting to start anything, but as i read this whole post you just seem to have nothing but negative feedbacks. You won't pick up usless items, but you will find a topic that you deem unworthy and make it unpeaceful for people accually trying to disscuss something.
Of course people are going to disagree on things. but its how you put positives and negatives together to come up with a solution that matters.

Touche. Sorry, I probably should have calmed down a bit, I just felt his post was irrelevant and insulting, which I was trying not to do in the one he quoted.

But yeah, for now, I'll just state this.

It's kinda useless really, lol, I just really think the effort of selling the junk is so futile towards your goals of getting what you want that I think you save time without roomstops and continually running the mission.

At any rate, this thread should most likely be closed..I don't think the OP wanted this.

Again apologies if I came off as insulting.

rayner
Dec 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
Touche. Sorry, I probably should have calmed down a bit, I just felt his post was irrelevant and insulting, which I was trying not to do in the one he quoted.

But yeah, for now, I'll just state this.

It's kinda useless really, lol, I just really think the effort of selling the junk is so futile towards your goals of getting what you want that I think you save time without roomstops and continually running the mission.

At any rate, this thread should most likely be closed..I don't think the OP wanted this.

Again apologies if I came off as insulting.

You stated your opinion, nothing wrong with that... I guess this has gone further than the OP and on Solo I do pick up everything, but my main confusion is why would people pass up something worth more than a meseta-drop in that area on Random? Junaline is 1500 Copernia is 40K on average... and those wack-ass 7* - 9* boards are at least 2500. To me it's the same as a meseta drop, but I've seen people getting mad that I pick up a Merculine? It's strange.

I can understand the item-space argument especially during GBR... but my experience is doing Military Subway A or S for MP? It's just silly to leave that 42K Walkerline?! Or the 18K Bulletdance... but pick up the meseta.

desturel
Dec 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
I really feel pity for you if you literally have THAT FEW hobbies that you actually felt the need to pick apart a less than 10 word comment with your huge post that makes you the real internet superstar badass, doesn't it?

So you make this very long post, yet where is your list of 50 items? It was a rather simple request. You don't pick up anything and you claim to have no extra space, but you don't list out what is filling your inventory.

All of these dramatics about why people shouldn't pick anything up, yet I see no good reason for people not to pick everything up? If you carry too many items that's your own problem not the other person's. They have the room, you don't. Seems you should have made room for yourself.

As for other hobbies, nope. Work and PSU. That's about it. Work is 6 days a week 12 hours a day. I'm actually on call at this very moment, so PSU is my free time. I'm glad that you are worried about my well being however. :D

DreXxiN
Dec 26, 2008, 05:44 PM
Lol, it was a request that I didn't really feel like answering because I thought instead of actually trying to make a valid point, you just kinda smashed my small little post apart and made fun of a situation that wasn't really existent, and over exaggerated to begin with. :|

Hakuga
Dec 27, 2008, 04:19 AM
If only our room common boxes stacked stuff we delivered to it over-time eh?

I imagine people would pick up a lot more junky shit.

regarding the topic, I'm in agreement with the 'people don't understand the value' crowd. Sure, some people don't need the cash, will ignore the vendorable junk, but imo it moreso comes down to '(I cbf vendoring all this shit again at checkpoint) don't pick up junk or you're kicked'

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
Just been in a party and the lead was saying no junk (shaft btw) and the idiot booted someone for picking up the shi-kikamis, what a nubcaek eh.

Shou
Dec 27, 2008, 02:35 PM
Luckily, I am usually playing FT or MF so i dont have to carry any extra weapons besided the ones on my pallet. But i do find it time consuming and annoying to deal with all the lower lvl items.

*RULE OF THUMB FOR PICKING UP ITEMS IN S2 PARTIES*

OK: 10* and up (most people dont mind the junaline)
Copernia/Olpad (1/2 grinder base s)
Trimate, Charges. Sol Atomizers (everyone should use these, I even use them as AT somtimes and my reverser is 41 >>), Meseta and Dolls

Seriously people there is WAY too much KERS, VEST, and VULKaline in the game. if you need it, go buy it in shops for 1 meseta each >> or save up your money for S ranks because mass synthing A ranks when you dont have that much meseta is just silly

DreXxiN
Dec 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Luckily, I am usually playing FT or MF so i dont have to carry any extra weapons besided the ones on my pallet. But i do find it time consuming and annoying to deal with all the lower lvl items.

*RULE OF THUMB FOR PICKING UP ITEMS IN S2 PARTIES*

OK: 10* and up (most people dont mind the junaline)
Copernia/Olpad (1/2 grinder base s)
Trimate, Charges. Sol Atomizers (everyone should use these, I even use them as AT somtimes and my reverser is 41 >>), Meseta and Dolls

Seriously people there is WAY too much KERS, VEST, and VULKaline in the game. if you need it, go buy it in shops for 1 meseta each >> or save up your money for S ranks because mass synthing A ranks when you dont have that much meseta is just silly

I kind of agree with this simply because the whole point of picking up garbage and deeming it worthy of selling or making profit off of it denotes that you are poor on meseta, which is something you need to synth A ranks. (You probably aren't finding many A rank BOARDS on S2 unless you don't mind Serodote ones that already drop premade)

DarthLasek
Dec 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'll never understand why it bothers people, if they don't want it they should just drop it. And if it's on order in an open party...well, that's their fault. They won't make any friends threatening to boot every person who picks up something they don't want.

I am one of the people that complain...but however...I complain less about rares...for example...vestaline,vulcaline,junaline....I don't need money...I don't need them(I have over 10 stacks of each) and usually I'll just drop it....but that means I have to stop and take 5 seconds to drop something every 10 seconds it gets picked up.....but like I said I don't complain too much because most of the time I will drop or sell.....HOWEVER....I know people that pick up monomates(lvl 150..seriously) mad truffles, antimates....el-photons...im-photons....(seriously 14k for a STACK, one Gaino drop is 20k) but because they aren't rare I never know when it get filled up....what...Im supposed to check every 10 seconds and not enjoy playing? Cmon now....There has been atleast 5-10 times where I see...Skip: Goldania.....Skip: [B] Grand Cross....Skip: (Insert Uber rare here)...and without even looking I know it's me who had 60/60 bc I have JUNK from people.....

San Anto
Dec 27, 2008, 04:27 PM
I am one of the people that complain...but however...I complain less about rares...for example...vestaline,vulcaline,junaline....I don't need money...I don't need them(I have over 10 stacks of each) and usually I'll just drop it....but that means I have to stop and take 5 seconds to drop something every 10 seconds it gets picked up.....but like I said I don't complain too much because most of the time I will drop or sell.....HOWEVER....I know people that pick up monomates(lvl 150..seriously) mad truffles, antimates....el-photons...im-photons....(seriously 14k for a STACK, one Gaino drop is 20k) but because they aren't rare I never know when it get filled up....what...Im supposed to check every 10 seconds and not enjoy playing? Cmon now....There has been atleast 5-10 times where I see...Skip: Goldania.....Skip: [B] Grand Cross....Skip: (Insert Uber rare here)...and without even looking I know it's me who had 60/60 bc I have JUNK from people.....

That would be painful to see grand cross skip :-(

nooblet
Dec 27, 2008, 05:03 PM
in regards to the 7+* materials, why buy them when you can get them for free? and yes this is the same thing for all the healing items andpretty much everything else. I run with 15-20 free spaces and I check my inventory after every mid block and at the end . I drop whatever I dont need at the start of the next block.

That dont matters anyways since people dont pick up anything in the first place for my inventory to fill up.

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 01:49 AM
Probably a really newb question, but here goes anyway.

I've only played PSO:BB online, just got PSU a few days ago so haven't taken it online yet. Now in PSO noone cares what you pick up, unless it's something they really need then ya can just trade for it. So why in PSU do people get so upset if you pick up stuff they don't want? It's my inventory, if I wanna put stuff in it I'm gonna.

Is there like a party inventory and I'm clogging it up?

San Anto
Dec 28, 2008, 02:13 AM
Probably a really newb question, but here goes anyway.

I've only played PSO:BB online, just got PSU a few days ago so haven't taken it online yet. Now in PSO noone cares what you pick up, unless it's something they really need then ya can just trade for it. So why in PSU do people get so upset if you pick up stuff they don't want? It's my inventory, if I wanna put stuff in it I'm gonna.

Is there like a party inventory and I'm clogging it up?

well i dont know if this is the same for PSO BB but on psu drops are often set to random distribution therefore you may want the item say vulcaline but the chances are it will just clog up another party members inventory.

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 02:23 AM
Well for PSO it's usually only the rares that are set for random. For everything else it's finders keepers.

Is there a reason people set drops on random? If ya don't want stuff, why not just set it on the finder option. Then you don't get anything, and the other guy can get whatever he wants. Just seems kinda stupid...

San Anto
Dec 28, 2008, 02:27 AM
Well things like kerseline are considered rare for some strange reason.
The reason people have random on normal item drops is because that way meseta drops are also randomly distributed.

Tetsaru
Dec 28, 2008, 02:32 AM
Well for PSO it's usually only the rares that are set for random. For everything else it's finders keepers.

Is there a reason people set drops on random? If ya don't want stuff, why not just set it on the finder option. Then you don't get anything, and the other guy can get whatever he wants. Just seems kinda stupid...

Well, although putting commons on finder would solve a lot of problems, meseta also falls under this category, thus, people would bitch about the distribution of money not being equal - whoever grabs the cash first gets it.

Also, a lot of items, such as the Kerselines, Junalines, etc., although common at higher levels, are still considered rares. Then, you would have to set rares to finder, and no one in their right mind would do that when there's good loot at stake.

Basically, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't, so that's why I say the people that gripe about their inventory getting clogged up so much should just keep a better eye on it and drop/sell what they don't need. It only takes a few seconds, and it will prevent a lot of frivolous bickering in the party.

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 02:47 AM
Well, although putting commons on finder would solve a lot of problems, meseta also falls under this category, thus, people would bitch about the distribution of money not being equal - whoever grabs the cash first gets it.

Also, a lot of items, such as the Kerselines, Junalines, etc., although common at higher levels, are still considered rares. Then, you would have to set rares to finder, and no one in their right mind would do that when there's good loot at stake.

Basically, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't, so that's why I say the people that gripe about their inventory getting clogged up so much should just keep a better eye on it and drop/sell what they don't need. It only takes a few seconds, and it will prevent a lot of frivolous bickering in the party.

Ya know, I'd be fine with that. In PSO even at level 150+ I only find meseta drops for like maybe 2k, and that's the rare good one. Most are so small and trivial it's not worth whining about. And if you can't get the meseta then pick up items and sell those, there's always ways to make money.

And doesn't stuff like Kerselines stack? You get a 60 slot inventory, why are you carrying so much crap in the first place that you'd cry over a single slot being taken up? Dunno about PSU, but can't you trade things between players? Takes all of 5 seconds to go "Hey, anyone want this?" and poof, your inventory is magically clear.

Screw it. If I'm trying to synth something and I need an item, I'm not gonna screw myself over cause someone else is too lazy to check their inventory. Kick me out of the party, not like there aren't dozens of others.

Zarode
Dec 28, 2008, 02:53 AM
I pick up whatever I want, whenever I want. And nobody is going to tell me otherwise.

autumn
Dec 28, 2008, 03:08 AM
Wow, people get testy about what gets picked up. While I hate seeing truffles in my inventory, it happens. You can't really need 6 of every weapon and 6 armors for any mission. If you need more then one element, have say a fire sword, and an ice axe. Not that hard, and everything dies pretty quickly anyways.

Africa
Dec 28, 2008, 03:57 AM
money drops in psu are scaled dependent on creature and party size.Typically the party leader will state if they don't want certain rares picked up either in mission or the party comment. Random is really random sometimes you get rares sometimes you don't.As far as item item inventory some ppl use a lot of gear.Anyways it's all up to the parties discretion so if you don't like the rules or pp leave.

Xaeris
Dec 28, 2008, 04:07 AM
When it's left up to me, I pick up anything I have a use for. That includes vulcaline and ebon. Hell, it even includes deljaban blades (trying to get Moca's Set). It's not that I'm poor. I actually have three stacks of meseta. ...Or is it four? Should really check up on that. Anyway, the thing is, I didn't get to have this much meseta by spending it frivolously on crap the game is willing to give me by the bucketloads.

And hey, I have a pretty tight inventory on my AF. I have something like 10-12 slots to work with, depending on the mission. I just keep track of what goes into it and discard accordingly. Something a small nuisance, but it's not even time consuming; I just hit the auto-run key while I'm running between rooms and work the inventory.

Of course, if it's not my party and the leader has a specific ruleset to abide by, I'll humor him. Though I must admit, I do get a chuckle of out people who declare copernia to be junk, then pick up the Tyrant Spadacs. I mean, geez, at least copernia stacks.

garjian
Dec 28, 2008, 11:51 AM
i have 6 weapons with different elements...
1 armour... 3 units...
slicer and pistol off palette for long range...
around 3 outfits... (i change clothes a lot)
swimwear...
and any bonus weapons i feel like using occasionally... (not so much since i stopped obsessing over power and started caring a lot more about looks) such as sodad... and other beautiful weapons :D

that leave me with... 26 slots... which is fine for me...

also this skipping copernia thing... it reminded me that they make grinder s... since then... i used all my copernia and olpad... and i made 2 stacks in one day :D...

i dont see why anyone would skip on such a potent source of meseta...

ChibiBecca
Dec 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
i pick up most rares, mainly because i need the meseta and there's weapons i've yet to synth. i only pick up photons when soloing. (how can you have three stacks of meseta? i've only just hit 4 million :o )

otherwise i try to respect the leader's request not to pick up items, if they make one.

in a way it's fortunate i can't do many S2 missions yet, i'm still learning these unwritten rules a few people seem to expect us to know. ;p

HiroChicken
Dec 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
I started up a GBR run with Scarred Planet the other day. I used my usual title of "Any % welcome!" and my usual comment of "Pick up all RED and anything else you'd like." After that I start the mission and two other players join, but neither are picking up the Rare items. After five minutes, one person left, while the other one stayed until the end of the mission.

fay
Dec 28, 2008, 12:41 PM
I started up a GBR run with Scarred Planet the other day. I used my usual title of "Any % welcome!" and my usual comment of "Pick up all RED and anything else you'd like." After that I start the mission and two other players join, but neither are picking up the Rare items. After five minutes, one person left, while the other one stayed until the end of the mission.

most people dont read those things i think :/. they usually wanna get in and out quick as possible.

strangely enough iv never had someone leave when i pick up junk. i had some peopel going nuts saying NOOB lots etc. everyone else in the party was on my side though so they got put in their place lol.

its so good to do runs with people that like to pick stuff up.

i have a query. if so many people start going leaders and picking up junk. i think everyone might get used to it again and start picking stuff up them self after time =].
so many people in this thread have said they pick up junk but i bet at least half of them are only saying that lol.

The_Brimada
Dec 28, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'm always looking at my inventory so idc what anyone picks up. I normally drop my junk as soon as I get it anyway. There is the rare occasion when I forget- like a Grand Cross that skipped me, but heh it happens. Its more my fault than the others since I should have payed attention to inventory space anyway.

DarthLasek
Dec 28, 2008, 01:37 PM

My invetory is about 45 with no items....and I even OFFER to give you stacks just to NOT pick stuff up. I'm not elitest but I like to have lots of the same element so I don't fly through all my pc's because I'm PA leveling.

Mikura
Dec 28, 2008, 01:38 PM
Let's see...I pick up anything Junaline and higher to NPC back for cash, Copernia and Olpads for Grinder Base S's, weapon boards, and made weapons to NPC. I pretty much leave everything else alone. But if anyone else decides to pick up more than that, it doesn't bother me. I either drop or NPC all of it at the end of the mission. I've made it a habit too to check my inventory at the last block so nothing skips me when we open the boxes.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'd like to be part of the crowd that avoids picking up stuff I can get from the NPC, especially -lines that are below 10*. I already got enough from all those events, so I don't want want that stuff. There's those that likes my spam the pick up button on EVERYTHING, even berries and truffles, so I guess they're the ones who really need money. Though I never thought gaining money to buy mats to make regular weapons would be an issue nowadays. If it was PSUv1 way back at the beginning, I would understand, but now, not so much.

HiroChicken
Dec 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
most people dont read those things i think :/. they usually wanna get in and out quick as possible.

i have a query. if so many people start going leaders and picking up junk. i think everyone might get used to it again and start picking stuff up them self after time =].
so many people in this thread have said they pick up junk but i bet at least half of them are only saying that lol.

Well people should read the comments section. It takes just a couple seconds to read it before you join. :crossarms:

And I feel the same way about following the leader in picking up items, which is why I start missions unless I'm feeling a little lazy.

Blue_Beast
Dec 29, 2008, 12:02 AM
as i mentioned on a previous thread... i believe you should pick up every little thing everywhere on every run and sell it for whatever you can wherever you can tis the secret to my success i generally make 40 mil a week on so called "Junk" alone ive made as much as 70 Mil on white beast "Junk" on a good week and thats just doing C-A runs sooo YEAH...
BE A JEW!!!!