PDA

View Full Version : AotI Accuracy Problems

Sir_Satyr
Dec 23, 2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone else having problems with getting too many zeros when doing some of the GBR S2 missions? Seems that as of late I can't hit the broad side of a barn. I noticed this problem the first few weeks running through with a beast Fortefighter, and now that I have become a Fighmaster its worse! I have gone for as many as 12 hits in a row and hit nothing but zeros, this would include the normal attack and then the PA.

I have been using a Rucar a lot, and I know that those things aren't that accurate, but the zeros have not been coming up this much, ever!

I traded out my Hard Power charge unit for a Cati Hit to see if the problem subsides a bit, as of this posting I have not been able to try it out. I bought it this morning before heading off to work. Also thinking of picking up a Cati Power, the Hard Power charge just eats up too much PP with a Master Class.

If anyone has a Fighmaster over level 5 let me know how its working out for you. I would hope the accuracy gets better as the job levels get higher. Any suggestions on increasing accuracy would also be appreciated.

Magus_84
Dec 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
Stupid question, but what are your PA levels?

Also, if you're trying to hit Deljabans...they're evil. Make friends with an AT and have them Zoldeel them. Though that'd take you from hitting maybe 5/10 hits to 6/10.

I've missed with every hit of a Buten 20 combo as a 145/20 human male AT using 31 Zodial/Zoldeel. Against a Bajilla. >_>

Enemy stats takes huge jumps as they go up past 150. Unfortunately, the enemy's EVP has far more of an effect on you hitting them than your ATA.

When all else fails, Jabroga them to hell. It doesn't miss. Usually.

Sir_Satyr
Dec 23, 2008, 04:18 PM
PA's I am currently using the most of are 31+.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 04:33 PM
Ewww psupedia is down.
But anyway, as a GM I have the highest ATA on my CASEAL as possible and I still hit zeros with a blackbull! (level 21+ bullets tho ;>> )
It's mainly because those monters are level 160 while we are used to the general lvel 120s and such.
As a FM you will have a bit of trouble, but everyone does so don't fret too much. Just do the best you can and maybe get some weapons that have higher acc.

amtalx
Dec 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
As screwed up as it sounds, I'm excited to hear that ATA is playing a role again. Or at least a bigger one. That being said, you are a Beast FM. Your ATA will always suck. There's really no way around it. :/

ashley50
Dec 23, 2008, 07:03 PM
you were playing a beast...that's why.

hunterseifer
Dec 24, 2008, 01:06 AM
Here's what you should do:
1. capp FM, you wont hit anything if your ata is lower than FF >.>;
2. Lvl your pa's as much as you can, at the least you should have 10% more ata than FF's do at lvl 50(pending on skill)
3. Use buffs, this will help alot, always makes a good diff when using them.

I didnt have much probs when running as FF in terms of hitting except against deljabans(about 70% of time I was hitting) but If you do what I said above you shouldnt have any problems, with FM your ata should be average around 24% higher than FF (comparing max lvl'd/skilled, item buffed FF vs FM) I personally wont bother with gbr until im at least lvl 15 FM, so I'm spamming egg thieves atm

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 11:39 AM
Don't forget to get weapons that have high acc and grind them! ^^

darkante
Dec 24, 2008, 11:56 AM
I´ve always done more priority on accuracy, before attack power.

So, for me.
I still get pretty confused to see plenty of 0 on GBR.
Cast FG, yeah..wtf..>.>

PepperCat
Dec 24, 2008, 12:58 PM
you were playing a beast...that's why.

QFT. Seriously, Beasts have terrible ATA, and to top it off Double Saber ATA is terrible as well.

Magus_84
Dec 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
I´ve always done more priority on accuracy, before attack power.

So, for me.
I still get pretty confused to see plenty of 0 on GBR.
Cast FG, yeah..wtf..>.>

Diminishing returns. The higher your ATA, the less extra points of ATA matter. At the current type/level cap, we seem to have hit an ATA plateau. We can boost it all we want, but that doesn't translate into many extra hits.

The enemies are still probably 30-50 levels off of seeing their effective EVP plateau, so the issues of accuracy are only going to get worse.

Sir_Satyr
Dec 29, 2008, 08:32 AM
Nearing the end of the Fighmaster leveling, currently lvl 16, I am glad to say the accuracy problems have started to fade away. At 560 some odd ATA, the accuracy is better than a Foretefighter though not by much and this dude seems to be just as much of a tank. Beast or no, this job really seems to be working ot the way I had hoped.

Genoa
Dec 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
Beast or Cast, there's going to be plenty of zeros.
Don't let people tell you that ATA is ACTUALLY a high-accountable stat.
It's enemy Evasion that is the problem.

However, I don't have nearly as many problems simply because my FM is CAST and my GM is Beast and my Beast still has more ATA (around 200 points give or take).
Going for that weapon with a few points more ATA isn't what makes the difference.
Going with the race with more ATA BARELY makes a noticeable difference.
Acc boosting slots are DEFINITELY not what makes a noticeable difference.
It's those Photon Art levels, since PA's don't gain points of accuracy, but %'s. %'s of ATA added to base + equipment is what will give your ATA the biggest boost.

High leveled Skills and Bullets always have a HUGE advantage in breaking enemy EVP > any other Acc factor.

OldCoot
Dec 29, 2008, 12:49 PM
I run into also. When I get my beast to level 100 I want to run right over and start to attack those level 150+ targets. I expect to see a lot of misses. I just step back and do S runs, or hope a Acrotecher is in the party and in the mood to apply those 41+ buffs and debuff the targets.

And as others stated above, swtich to more accurate PAs and weapons. Oh, some of the arm units add some accuracy also. Not a lot at the moment but every little bit helps.

darkante
Dec 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
Beast or Cast, there's going to be plenty of zeros.
Don't let people tell you that ATA is ACTUALLY a high-accountable stat.
It's enemy Evasion that is the problem.

However, I don't have nearly as many problems simply because my FM is CAST and my GM is Beast and my Beast still has more ATA (around 200 points give or take).
Going for that weapon with a few points more ATA isn't what makes the difference.
Going with the race with more ATA BARELY makes a noticeable difference.
Acc boosting slots are DEFINITELY not what makes a noticeable difference.
It's those Photon Art levels, since PA's don't gain points of accuracy, but %'s. %'s of ATA added to base + equipment is what will give your ATA the biggest boost.

High leveled Skills and Bullets always have a HUGE advantage in breaking enemy EVP > any other Acc factor.
Yeah, agreed. The enemies evasion must be the problem, because i´m certainly suprised too see a bunch of 0 with lv 40 + bullet arts.

DreXxiN
Dec 29, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hit them from behind? XD.

With some mobile PA's (Majarra) you can even zoom behind them with the first attack so that the rest of your Photon Art combo will hit them with 100% Accuracy.

Even with LKK and 150/5 Fighmaster however, My CAST hasn't seen many 0's just doing this.

drizzle
Dec 30, 2008, 04:57 AM
From behind!

The best you can do with equipment is only a few %. Cati / Hit won't make much of a difference.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 30, 2008, 05:07 AM
And people were laughing and telling me "ATA doesn't matter" months earlier... :(

Hrith
Dec 30, 2008, 05:21 AM
Seeing the difference in hit rate between two races of the same job can exceed 15%, I'm surprised so many noobs still pretend ATA makes little difference.

Although it's not as funny as people who pretend enemy EVP makes a huge difference whereas player ATA does not, while the hit rate formula equally uses both...

Don't let yourself be convinced by retards who think beasts make decent gunners, they don't, they completely suck at it.

If you're FM and have issues with hit rate, use spears (they have high ATA) and Anga Jabroga (never misses), and don't use units which reduce ATA. Of course a Red / Knight is a FM's holy grail, but not everyone can find that...

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hrith is having a bad day D:.

Anywho, if you are missing with even spears too often, I strongly suggest running Bruce for Mugunburgac boards and grinding them...the ATA is INSANELY higher than the other spears.

Hrith
Dec 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
You're kidding. I'm in one hell of a good mood today.

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
Did LKK finally drop? =]

Seority
Dec 30, 2008, 03:22 PM
Beast GMs are fucking sexy.
Cast GMS are so cliche.
(Unless you are a Lyzael)

amtalx
Dec 30, 2008, 03:29 PM
If by cleshay, you mean cliche, and by cliche, you mean way more effective...than yes. :D

Seority
Dec 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
hmms...
yus -edits-
(But they just arnt as sexy and if you arn't sexy, why bother playing? D; )

Neva trust Google for spelling ;>_>