PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Be careful about Your motto (XBL Gamertag)

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 05:45 PM
Alrite on dec 19th i was hangin out at the lobby of parum east and some dumass comes up to me and says "I hate your leet Pallet" and they say theyr'e gonna get me Kicked off xbox live, im like "yea whatever" next thing i know i get "disconnected from xbox live" and im suspended from live till jan 3rd. hahaha, they submitted a complaint against my Motto "Nutz on your chin", be careful out there yall.

ashley50
Dec 23, 2008, 05:48 PM
...now THAT, is just weird.

buzyb77
Dec 23, 2008, 05:49 PM
um 1st.... this topic need to have XBOX360 on it

and derrr....what did you think was going to happen..

but enjoy your coal...

and take this time to spend with family and complete anysingle player games

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 05:57 PM
um 1st.... this topic need to have XBOX360 on it

and derrr....what did you think was going to happen..

but enjoy your coal...

and take this time to spend with family and complete anysingle player games

This isnt a complaint its sort of like a warning, so People who have Offensive mottos or bios on theyre profile should really consider changing it even if they do not pop shit IN THE GAME or someone might just hate on you for no reason and do this to you.

btw i don't need you to tell me what to do with my time, thanks though.

HiroChicken
Dec 23, 2008, 07:05 PM
Alrite on dec 19th i was hangin out at the lobby of parum east and some dumass comes up to me and says "I hate your leet Pallet" and they say theyr'e gonna get me Kicked off xbox live, im like "yea whatever" next thing i know i get "disconnected from xbox live" and im suspended from live till jan 3rd. hahaha, they submitted a complaint against my Motto "Nutz on your chin", be careful out there yall.

So what sort of pallet do you have that warrants a compliant from the guy?

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
at the time i had mostly cannons

rysaikanoh10/10, needle cannon 10/10, love inferno7/7, meteor cannon 10/10, Blackbull 10/10battlestoppric 9/10, 42% shinowa , red/force, kaos knight, paradi....

that's not even that great ^

Mag_Launcher
Dec 23, 2008, 07:23 PM
I lol at non-techers wearing red/force just to show off that they have it, instead of using something useful like hizeri/mind.

Anyways, I guess that's what happens when you rile up the savages on Live that do that sort of thing just for the hell of it. Well, that, and you may or may not also sound like a jerk. You know, since fighting fire with fire is the popular thing to do on Live.

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 07:26 PM
I lol at non-techers wearing red/force just to show off that they have it, instead of using something useful like hizeri/mind.

it gives More attack power to Ranged-Mags, and i use it when i switch to acrofighter

Mag_Launcher
Dec 23, 2008, 07:31 PM
it gives More attack power to Ranged-Mags, and i use it when i switch to acrofighter

That's fine and dandy, but you were clearly using a class that either couldn't equip one to begin with (GM, PT), or one that wouldn't seriously use a bullet mag (Fg), is what i mean. I was just pointing it out is all.

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 07:37 PM
That's fine and dandy, but you were clearly using a class that either couldn't equip one to begin with (GM, PT), or one that wouldn't seriously use a bullet mag (Fg), is what i mean. I was just pointing it out is all.

well "that's fine and dandy" also, but was it really necessary to stray off topic for that little "point", Are you trying to get "Kudos" from other members or something?, ill let you have the last word though ill help you with that.

Proff
Dec 23, 2008, 08:39 PM
I've had friends get temporarily banned, or just have their mottos removed before because of such things. People should probably read the Terms that they agree to before checking boxes and clicking "ok" or you'll be thoroughly owned.

Vickie
Dec 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
I've had friends get temporarily banned, or just have their mottos removed before because of such things. People should probably read the Terms that they agree to before checking boxes and clicking "ok" or you'll be thoroughly owned.

yup that is why i posted this thread as an example, i got owned and it's my fault for making that motto, I know, but they can get you banned for having something like "Kill all poopoo heads", if someone sends a complaint about how its offensive to them, i wanna remind you tho to take this thread as a mesasage if it applies to you, theyre not playing games with mottos, and people can get you suspended just because you have better items than them.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 23, 2008, 09:09 PM
If your stupid enough to have a motto like that, thats your own problem.

LuigiMario
Dec 23, 2008, 09:11 PM

Every idiot knows an offensive motto I againts ToS.

Delete
Dec 23, 2008, 09:13 PM
O boy.... here we go ^ x 2, ( luigimario, you type too fast)

pokefiend
Dec 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
im sry to here you got banned cause a kid got jealous but maybe by the time you get back lightning carnival might be here

HiroChicken
Dec 24, 2008, 01:00 AM

rysaikanoh10/10, needle cannon 10/10, love inferno7/7, meteor cannon 10/10, Blackbull 10/10battlestoppric 9/10, 42% shinowa , red/force, kaos knight, paradi....

That is a pretty cool pallet, but not one I'd report so one over. -_-

lainofthewired
Dec 24, 2008, 02:21 AM
I think that it's cool that you are here trying to stop the offensiveness of XBL.

P.S. I love your clip of "Small Wonder". It's hilarious.

Kumlekar
Dec 24, 2008, 02:48 AM
he obviously reported because the love inferno was 7/7 and not 10/10...
Well, maybe not, Sounds loke theres some stupid people on the 360.

dingo123
Dec 24, 2008, 03:14 AM
I hate Microsoft. they are communists. and they take non-Political Correctness censorship to far

Sinue_v2
Dec 24, 2008, 04:45 AM
I've had a couple people threaten to report me for my Motto (P N Her But), but so far nothing has happened. Though I think my cousin got reprimanded for his bio that said something like "I'm gonna tattoo the globe on my sack so I can give chicks the longitude and latitude".

RandomTask
Dec 24, 2008, 05:04 AM
I was just laughing at your motto last week! Pretty sad that some people have nothing better to do just because you have a nice set up, it's not like you didn't earn it yourself. At least those battlestopprics are gonna stay 9/10 and when you get back, the grind bonus should be in effect! Peace.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 24, 2008, 07:24 AM
It is somewhat offensive, and people get banned from live for much worse. They only gave you 3 days which was nice of them. Second offense is usually 7 days and they again change your profile.

Personally I don't care what peoples motto are unless it's racist or extremely vulgar.

You earned that gear flaunt that shit. If people get pissed off about it and threaten to report you for stuff on your profile, go into your account settings and set it to where people can't see it. Give them at big FUCK YOU right back as well.

Ithildin
Dec 24, 2008, 09:41 AM
I think the problem comes down to the complaint. It seems to me that's where the wrong doing is. Not by what your moto was at all. In this riduculous politically correct world it doesn't surprise me at all.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 24, 2008, 10:07 AM
I think the problem comes down to the complaint. It seems to me that's where the wrong doing is. Not by what your moto was at all. In this riduculous politically correct world it doesn't surprise me at all.
Anything even mildly offensive like that is against MS ToS, as XBOX Live is pretty much community ran if enough people report it then it will stick. Sucks but that's how they roll.

Had a forced name change years ago, and I've had my profile edited for saying "you got your @ss spanked" in my motto followed up with a 3 day suspension.

Calsetes
Dec 24, 2008, 10:12 AM
Yeah, as PC-Friendly as the world's getting to be (at least in America, not sure about other countries), I'm almost afraid to put my signature as I did. I wouldn't want someone out there being offended by me saying they're average because they think they're special.

xTwiztidClown
Dec 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
I hate Microsoft. they are communists. and they take non-Political Correctness censorship to far

ummm ok that might be a little too far....^^;

DarkEliteRico
Dec 24, 2008, 10:43 AM
ummm ok that might be a little too far....^^;

Should see what they're trying to do elsewhere in the world. Only the tip of the iceberg

McLaughlin
Dec 24, 2008, 11:23 AM
It was an inappropriate Motto. You really shouldn't be surprised about the suspension. Only someone immature enough to put something like that in their Motto needs to be worried about being suspended.

zensiyo
Dec 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
HAHAHAHaHhhh!! , ok im done :)

OldCoot
Dec 24, 2008, 12:21 PM

Sounds like that player had some serious pallet envy. That looks like great stuff to me.

A friend was suspended recently also having a quote from a game.

Erkthemerc
Dec 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
Microsoft is stupid, so dont feel bad. I had a person send me messages threatening to steal my account and creditcard information, so I filed a complaint and called microsoft and told them to watch my account (i beleive in being careful). The funny thing is that he never was banned or anything...even though i didnt erase the messages so microsoft could still see them. So the lesson in this is to not trust microsoft to do the right thing, but to do the thing that makes them look the best in the news...

Ken_Silver
Dec 24, 2008, 12:29 PM
I have only had an Xbox360 for 4 months. (I play on the PC/PS2 servers)

But I had no idea that the Motto rules are so scrict on Xbox Live. My Motto is "Sonic is still Cool." Granted that may offend some people, but if I get banned over it, I'm tossing my Xbox out of a 5 story building and then buying a PS3.

-Yusuke-
Dec 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
I think the community in the 360 servers is really bad (i know the reason,but i wont state it out here,it seems kinda offensive for some people).
So what we should do is to stick with out friends,and just smile and ignore little kids.
Also people need to get the idea of "this is a videogame,an online videogame,for having fun and chilling with people" into their heads.

Calsetes
Dec 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
I've played with people that make me want the weapons they've got on their setup. No reason to go "OMG ur so stopid GTFO n00b." I usually compliment them on it, say something like "Man, I want a Shigga Desta so bad for my PT" and keep going about my merry way.

Then again, I play on the PC servers, so the only other people who hear me say that are the other 30 or 40 people playing, so no reason to go out of my way to be rude. Seriously, I've seen tiny tiny duplex houses with more people living in them. Still, I've heard much better things about the PC community than the 360 one, so go figure. While I do think your motto would be a bit inappropriate, the guy reporting you for that when he had "palette envy" was a bit of a jerkish thing to do. Good luck getting everything straightened out with it.

Vickie
Dec 24, 2008, 04:19 PM
Lol for those of yall laughing at me Because i got suspended, I ALSO think its Funny, They got my ass Till jan 3rd haha, and that happened on the 19th of december, And i know i deserved it because of my MOTTO i knew it was against "TOS" Im not bashing microsoft or Pissed off in the Least, PSU is FUN as hell and it sucks that i cant play it Right now, but hey theres other things to do.

Im just tryin to give a lil warning to people who take chances like me with the whole "Offensive Terms" thing, and lettin em know that They WILL own your ass EVEN if you dont go around Messing with people, and people who just don't like you for a particular reason CAN and WILL Use your Offensive profile against you on some Arrest You shit.

peace

zensiyo
Dec 24, 2008, 07:35 PM
Ahhh! , now im feel bad for laughing ..... :(

gorefiend
Dec 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
Can we get them back? =]

buzyb77
Dec 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
Lol for those of yall laughing at me Because i got suspended, I ALSO think its Funny, They got my ass Till jan 3rd haha, and that happened on the 19th of december, And i know i deserved it because of my MOTTO i knew it was against "TOS" Im not bashing microsoft or Pissed off in the Least, PSU is FUN as hell and it sucks that i cant play it Right now, but hey theres other things to do.

Im just tryin to give a lil warning to people who take chances like me with the whole "Offensive Terms" thing, and lettin em know that They WILL own your ass EVEN if you dont go around Messing with people, and people who just don't like you for a particular reason CAN and WILL Use your Offensive profile against you on some Arrest You shit.

peace

Could have been worse.... perma banned, longer banned....or During one of the real events ... blows that you will miss out onwhen everyone change to MC... but at least you can get some Rewards and some items will be cheaper...

McLaughlin
Dec 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
They won't permanently ban you for an Offensive Terms violation in your profile (except maybe if the violations are your Gamertag over and over), but if you get pegged enough times, they'll remove your ability to have a Bio/Motto/whatever.

Atomic646
Dec 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
This isnt a complaint its sort of like a warning, so People who have Offensive mottos or bios on theyre profile should really consider changing it even if they do not pop shit IN THE GAME or someone might just hate on you for no reason and do this to you.

btw i don't need you to tell me what to do with my time, thanks though.

That one guy sending a complaint didn't get you kicked off, it was just coincidence It takes many complaints to do that. and yeah wtf did you expect? lol

Vickie
Dec 28, 2008, 12:21 AM
I expected that i would be Suspended for 1 day haha, and not by someone Hating on me, then again Sometimes i do shout "I'll Rip Your Buttcheeks APART!!" in lobbies, but cmon it's not directed towards anyone.
Still though its ridiculous that "Nutz on your Chin" got me suspended, for that i should have just put " My Dick in your mouth " thats the only regret i have about this suspension.

Btw -RandomTask- as soon as i get some 3* luck ill Break those battlestopprics