PDA

View Full Version : Rifle shot speed

Rambo!
Dec 24, 2008, 01:19 AM
I was partying today in Electronic Brain S2 and was spamming one of my low level rifles bullets (Lvl 20) to be exact. With Gunmaster it shoots pretty fast but when I switch to a lvl 31+ bullet to stun SEED Arditite for our fighmaster to destroy it I noticed that the lvl 31 plus rifle bullets shoot much slower than the lower level ones. Both the bullets are bound to rattlesnakes and I tried them both on the same gun. Has anyone else noticed this?

Kumlekar
Dec 24, 2008, 01:42 AM
Can't say i've played GM enough to know, (only took it for a spin in a few runs) but I'd say you haven't gotten the rythm for shooting down. There shouldn't be any difference in firing speed between PA levels, though if someone else encounters this I'm all ears.

WildArms2
Dec 24, 2008, 01:47 AM
this has been a proven fact rifles shoot slower at 31 on GM head over to officail forums for full thread in the master class section

DPShiro
Dec 24, 2008, 03:25 AM
i've also noticed this :(
is it a bug or intentional?

as a fortegunner i just played shotguns and lasers and was hoping that the speed boost o gunmaster would help me lvl the rifle bullets...

the speed dif i huuuuge from 1-20 to 21-50 :(

hope they fix this

HadesAlmighty
Dec 24, 2008, 03:46 AM
has anyone noticed the mizurakihoh fires faster than any other rifle?
No matter what lvl bullet I use it's faster.

goaferboy
Dec 24, 2008, 08:14 AM
I noticed the Mizurakihoh is faster than my Blackbull. But that could be because my Mizurakihoh has a bullet under lvl 20 where my Blackbull is over 20.

Is there definately a rhythm with firing? I wasn't sure if it was just me thinking it was faster or if it was actually faster. I haven't noticed a rhythm with shotguns or twin pistols though.

Rambo!
Dec 24, 2008, 08:40 AM
there does seem to be a rhythm though it is hard to maintain the fastest way is to simply pound the fire button which fills the rhythm no matter where it is. Glad to see I am not the only one to see this.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=94466

also here is the link to the thread on the official boards

pokefiend
Dec 24, 2008, 09:10 AM
i've also noticed this :(
is it a bug or intentional?

as a fortegunner i just played shotguns and lasers and was hoping that the speed boost o gunmaster would help me lvl the rifle bullets...

the speed dif i huuuuge from 1-20 to 21-50 :(

hope they fix this

its intentional even on the jp servers had the same problem you can check on youtube im sure i saw a few videos on youtube about it.

Ithildin
Dec 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'm not even sure this actually matters all that much. I mean as a gunner type do you really use your rifles all that often? Sure I use them for the knock back effect on larger enemies but I normally use twins or shotguns. I think all this comes down to really is a preference for weapon type.

RegulusHikari
Dec 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
Anything with an inherent boost or advantage always has a hidden drawback. PSU has been this way since the beginning.

Two perfect examples I can think of:

SN/G looks great stat-wise but performs so-so with its high damage variance.
Before a patch, Kubara knockoffs did less damage with PAs, nullifying any grinding bonus they may have had.

If the speed drop is noticable enough, then KS will be in its prime at 21-30. It doesn't get knockdown or SE 5, and a slower shot will actually make it worse in the long run.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'm convinced that every gun has it's own rythum as you guys are calling it to shoot it the fastest. I shoot my blackbull faster then Zero's rattlesnac for some reason, but I just do.

Jose!
Dec 24, 2008, 10:52 AM
One question, exactly how much slow is the rifle speed? does it bring Gunmasters high leveled rifles down to Fortegunner speed? Or is it still faster than fG?

RegulusHikari
Dec 24, 2008, 10:56 AM
I'm convinced that every gun has it's own rythum as you guys are calling it to shoot it the fastest. I shoot my blackbull faster then Zero's rattlesnac for some reason, but I just do.

Were you both testing it at the same time, or was this just something you noticed yourself? Either way, PSU's netcode is absolutely terrific at syncing, so even though you both may have been firing at the same time on your own comps, you both appeared to be shooting at different speeds to each other.

I've noticed people stop casting, even though I can hear the spell on their end (over vent) and can see the damage. This is just PSU's way of catching up. They might cast 3 Rafoies, but because the first one cast is behind on my screen, it overlaps the second, and I don't see them do that one at all. Then they will follow up with the third, which turns out to be the second one cast on my screen.

TLDR: If you're going to test rifle speeds, you use the same person/character. Don't let netcode/lag/user error interfere with your results.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, I only have those two S rank rifles (2 blackbulls and 1 rattlesnac) and during Mother Brain I have to switch between them all. (Stupid extra PP costs ;>> ) and I notice that at a max rate, I can fire my blackbulls a few milliseconds faster the I can shoot the rattlesnac at max.

It is odd. I don't have any other laser besides M.Cannon, but I know when I do get another one, I will have to adjust to it's "Max Speed" as well.

Neith
Dec 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
Kubara knockoffs are supposedly great for grinding, but do less damage with PAs, nullifying any bonus.

Wasn't the PA damage reduction on Kubaras removed months ago? I'm sure I remember hearing it was taken away (so Kubaras do full PA damage). I may be wrong though.

NDW
Dec 24, 2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oERTq5ZhpJQ

1:10 - 1:54

DarkEliteRico
Dec 24, 2008, 12:06 PM

Nice find, I haven't seen this one until now. Yeah it's noticable, but hell with increased elemental % as well as rank there should be a trade off. It's roughly 1.25 shots less then a bullet less then 41 to a PA that's 31-40

RegulusHikari
Dec 24, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, I only have those two S rank rifles (2 blackbulls and 1 rattlesnac) and during Mother Brain I have to switch between them all. (Stupid extra PP costs ;>> ) and I notice that at a max rate, I can fire my blackbulls a few milliseconds faster the I can shoot the rattlesnac at max.

It is odd. I don't have any other laser besides M.Cannon, but I know when I do get another one, I will have to adjust to it's "Max Speed" as well.

It's possible that it could be another kubara weapon thing, who knows.

Wasn't the PA damage reduction on Kubaras removed months ago? I'm sure I remember hearing it was taken away (so Kubaras do full PA damage). I may be wrong though.

Oh yes, it was. I was just using that as an example. I should have worded my post better.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 01:56 PM

Agreed, nice find!

Thing is though, with the rifle and shottie, they could of gone a hell of a lot faster then that with the correct timing. (Just so everyone knows that.) They had the correct timing on the lasers though. <3firin.my.lazor

And where's the twin pistols? :x

Vickie
Dec 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
its been around for a while, i remember when glitching rifles and cannons for rapid shot, higher level bullets didn't glitch when they got to max level, but when you remove your Bullet Pa and just use the normal shot they shoot uninterrupted right after "i used to call it the AK47"

by the way i think they should give Gunmaster that ability to glitch rifles and cannons because that shit took a hell of alot of skill to use effectively and it would add a level of skill and Personality to every gunner. instead of just x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x ing all day, if you was skilled enough you could Knockdown 4 Gohmons in the time it took you to shoot 2 bullets with a rifle, it was sorta like reloading a Springfield rifle after each shot, if your good at the reload you can do it faster and if your aim is good you can hit your next target quicker.

peace