PDA

View Full Version : destroy debris w/o melee weapons?

DesuJet
Dec 24, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm trying to do all the Episode 2 missions to get the hidden sub-plots and I've run into a problem. In Shadow Conspiracy you have to destroy debris to rescue survivors with a melee weapon. I'm a Gunmaster...facepalm

amtalx
Dec 24, 2008, 09:19 AM
Actually. YOU failed to plan ahead. :p And I thought you could destroy debris with a ranged weapon. You just have to use FPS view.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 24, 2008, 09:20 AM
that was a known issue months ago....and BEFORE master classes were released they noted that we may not be able to do some things like hit switches from afar or break debris.

Calsetes
Dec 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
They mentioned that in the update info - at least, the Japanese update info where they brought out Gunmaster. You'll have the same problems with a few other missions where you have to shoot switches with guns as a non-Gunmaster master class, etc.

That's one of the restrictions to playing as a master class, and why I'm staying a Fortefighter. That, and they didn't throw at least twin sabers on there.

Dhylec
This is mentioned when master classes are released in JP. They have informed that these classes can't complete some missions. You happen to find out the hard way.

DarkEliteRico
Actually. YOU failed to plan ahead. :p And I thought you could destroy debris with a ranged weapon. You just have to use FPS view.
The ones in the story missions require you to use a melee weapon from what i remember

amtalx
Dec 24, 2008, 09:26 AM
The ones in the story missions require you to use a melee weapon from what i remember

News to me. :D The story missions are too excruciating for me to complete.

DesuJet
Dec 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
This is mentioned when master classes are released in JP.

I'm sorry, but I live in ==>AMERICA<==, NOT ==>JAPAN<==.

And I don't remember seeing anything about this bug from the official forums.

ashley50
Dec 24, 2008, 09:49 AM
plan ahead next time lol...

now you know what the advantages of each class eh? Until it smacks you in the face :o

DesuJet
Dec 24, 2008, 09:52 AM
How does one plan ahead without knowing what lies ahead?

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 09:54 AM

It's not a bug. It has existed in that particular story mission since it was originally released. Just don't play as a Masterclass while doing story missions.

It's the same thing with Egg Thieves and Her Secret Mission. You can't finish those missions without at least one gunner. The only difference is that you have to do the story missions solo where are the co-op missions take a team of four. It's not a bug, it's a missions requirement.

As for your initial post, if you just want to unlock sub plots, you don't have to do episode 2 missions at all. Just start at episode 3 and run through those missions. There are no subplots on episode 2 missions.

amtalx
Dec 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
How does one plan ahead without knowing what lies ahead?

The information is readily available. I think you should be asking yourself why everyone else knows and you don't, instead of blaming someone else for your ignorance.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 24, 2008, 10:06 AM
Maybe he did what all the people who read JP updates and complain that we don't have them should have done and NOT READ THEM.

On topic though, sub-plots don't take place in Episode 2 (as previously mentioned) and if you wanna break the junk just switch back into a non-master type (as previously mentioned).

Dhylec
Dec 24, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry, but I live in ==>AMERICA<==, NOT ==>JAPAN<==.

SoA/offical forum might not mention this due to the info on this (master classes) spread quite widely here (the US/UE sites) when they are out in JP. You could have done a search on master classes & see the translations of the update too.
Knowing what JP has gave us a heads-up on what to expect. Though during the dry months that only brings more tears. ;]

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
<3 Desta =3

DesuJet
Dec 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
The information is readily available. I think you should be asking yourself why everyone else knows and you don't, instead of blaming someone else for your ignorance.

Everyone doesn't know about this and I didn't think you did either until you looked at this topic. If this info was so readily available it would've been stickied.

And for those co-op missions like ET, there's a C-rank handgun right from the start so non-gunners can hit the debris.

amtalx
Dec 24, 2008, 11:09 AM
Just because someone isn't smashing you in the face with info doesn't mean its not readily available. All the item, class, and weapon info is all here on the site. :/ I don't mean to be a d-bag, but look before you leap. In the future, I would try researching a class before haphazardly jumping into it.

DesuJet
Dec 24, 2008, 11:16 AM
I did research the master classes months before it was released and I didn't see a thing about it.

Whatever. It's only that one mission and I'll never have to do it again.

Oh, and the requirements for the sub-plots for Episode three include doing all the Episode 2 missions.

McLaughlin
Dec 24, 2008, 11:18 AM
<3 Desta =3

As was already said, that debris can't be broken by a gun, regardless of what gun you're using.

Neith
Dec 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
And for those co-op missions like ET, there's a C-rank handgun right from the start so non-gunners can hit the debris.

Fighmaster and Masterforce can't use guns at all, so the free Handgun at the start is useless to them. When playing with Masters, you need at least one of a class who can use some kind of Firearm. If you don't have one, you can't complete the mission to my knowledge.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
As was already said, that debris can't be broken by a gun, regardless of what gun you're using.

Sorry you're wrong, Desta changes that at times, lol.

Try the rocks in caves

Also, Egg Theieves can't be completed without a gunner? x3...

Mkay =)

I beg to differ

Neith
Dec 24, 2008, 12:20 PM

I did say 'to my knowledge' in my post, as I've never run the mission without a Gunner in the party. From running through though, I see a couple of spots where it'd be a pain without one. I know the firetraps are easy to get through without disarming them, but I'm not sure lacking a gunner would be advisable. Even if it completable without one, it's a lot slower. For example, its much faster in Block 1 to take the shortcut and shoot down the debris to hold the warp down, rather than go the longer route.

The trap at the start would be much more annoying without a firearm-capable character too (only slicer spring to mind, but I don't know if it's possible to take out the trap with one).

In addition, I believe the debris in that Story Mission can only be broken with a melee weapon. Usually, debris is clearable with a gun, but I seem to remember needing a melee weapon to clear it in the Story Mission where you look for survivors.

ashley50
Dec 24, 2008, 12:26 PM
a saber should be in a box in that mission though :o

Smidge204
Dec 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
There is, but if you're a Master Class you can't use it anyway.

I've never had any luck destroying those debris piles with my Shigga Desta, either. Video or it didn't happen.
=Smidge=

Neith
Dec 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
a saber should be in a box in that mission though :o

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is one. Because of that, only Gunmaster/Masterforce can't complete the mission. It's generally not a problem- just look up the mission beforehand and if you need to hit out-of-reach switches/break rubble, you're better off switching to a more versatile class.

desturel
Dec 24, 2008, 01:14 PM

You know I mean, 4x MasterForce. If you want to nitpick, then sure, anyone with a handgun or slicer will do.

So, how do you get past that initial triple Zonde trap on block one as a group of Masterforce?

I'm guessing as FighMasters, you would Tornado Dance through them although I haven't tried it myself.

Also if you have a way to hit the water switches, get the samples in the trees, and hit the wall switches in Her Secret Mission as a FighMaster or MasterForce, please do share the info. It would be very useful. :)

Calsetes
Dec 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Magic. Magic and rainbows.

Nah, never did the missions, so I have no idea, but did anyone try manually aiming a slicer at the switch? Or is it something that only bullet type damage can activate?

McLaughlin
Dec 24, 2008, 01:28 PM

Try the rocks in caves

Mkay =)

I beg to differ

"That debris" was specifically referring to that debris. You can't break it with a gun. Go try it. That's why there's a saber at the beginning of the mission.

Adding lol, emotes and spoiler boxes doesn't make the post come off any less snide, either.

Magus_84
Dec 24, 2008, 02:00 PM

Try the rocks in caves

Mkay =)

I beg to differ

Rocks in MAG caves != The specific debris in that story mode mission that specifically requires a melee attack of some sort. One would think that someone who thinks highly enough of themselves to be condescending in repeated posts on the subject would realize this.

You can hit the debris in that mission with guns all day. It does nothing. I emptied a pair of Arb Hadocs and a Shigga Desta into them, as a Fortegunner, with no effect. It gave the "hit" sound, it just never broke.

For that matter...it's not just Desta that works on the MAG rocks. You can break them with any shotgun, or at least any that fires a normal bullet. Point-blank it with a Shigga Bines or something and see for yourself.

People have been complaining about Master classes not being able to do stuff that their main type of damage is unable to do since they were announced in Japan. If you're that desperate to do whatever story mission, switch to one of the prereq classes you leveled to get the Master Class.

Besides, a specific rank on Shadow Conspiracy isn't needed for a subplot or anything, other than being able to say you completed it at least once. The game won't kill you if you switch to Fortegunner or Guntecher and nub your way through the entire thing, as long as you clear it within the 15 minutes.

Trying to hide the condescension with KAWAIIII! EMOTICONS ^___^ and OMG MYSTERIOUS MY SUPAH SECRET SPOILARZ is just insulting to people's intelligence. Which obviously, you assume they don't have.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
Wow, I wasn't insulting anyone, get the stick outta your arses guys, the faces were kind spirited and alll, it wasn't "I'm a tricky bastard because I know it and you don't! KEKEKEKE"

Lol, and ok, I didn't know you were talking about that specific debris, so my apologies for that.

I never said anything about HSM so what the fuck was that claim about? X3.

Yesh Fighmaster's can TD through everything and can still be duoed in less than 6 minutes by fighmasters even the long way, as far as Egg Theives go.

(I'd advise having a gunner, though it's not necessary and doesn't make as big of a difference as some would think)

As for Masterforce....Uh....Yeah...they can't do much as is because people don't have their stuff leveled to a point yet except a small few to make it as useful as the other two, if it even gets there.