PDA

View Full Version : Open Source Translation Guide

parabolee
Dec 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
Using the great work completed by Ultie and others (see guide). I have put together a handy printable guide that translates menu's and Items.

I have taken some screen shots for additional clarification and am posting it here as a WORK IN PROGRESS.

I invite anybody and everybody to contribute. Mark corrections or additions. I will add in anything I come across (especially any additional translations from Ultie) and hopefully we can make it very easy for anyone wanting to play the Japanese version to understand what they are doing.

http://flat-life.com/temp/ps0/

UPDATE: December 30th 2008 - V1.5 - Added easier to read translations from thefarce. I think using the print out is now easier when looking for item translations.

Feel free to give me any feedback. And if anyone wish to make changes or add anything. Feel free to make the changes directly to the document and email or upload somewhere. As long as any additions are worthwhile I will update to the version I am linking here. Also if anyone want to take the document and change almost everything for there own use or to share with others in a way they prefer over my version, feel free. This is open source :-D

Ultie
Dec 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
the in-game pause menu the 6th option is add friend codes when playing with friends and when its with anyone matchmaking it is rate player (decides if u want to play with them again and how often uld find them.)

also ur doc's 2 days behind in my threads updates ^^;

overall its ok tho.

parabolee
Dec 24, 2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I just updated with your latest info. Will add that correction too :-D

parabolee
Dec 30, 2008, 01:34 PM
Version 1.5 is now up. I think the new item translations are much easier to follow and in a more usable format when using them in a print out document.

Callous
Jan 2, 2009, 05:52 AM
the in-game pause menu the 6th option is add friend codes when playing with friends and when its with anyone matchmaking it is rate player (decides if u want to play with them again and how often uld find them.)
Yeah, but which symbol means what? There's triangle, the default circle and a double circle. I'd imagine the double circle means a higher ranking, but with these crazy Japanese you never know.

Frokko
Jan 2, 2009, 06:07 AM
Great work, I really like it.

parabolee
Jan 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Frokko.

To: Callous, I'm pretty sure the double circle is a positive rating, but like you say who can tell with Japanese.

But circle is consider a positive (or affirmative), that is why circle confirms things in Japanese Playstation games.

LionHeart-
Jan 23, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hello, mmm I can't get it to open it because I don't have 'word' at all and its crashing on wordpad. Anyway, for you to convert it for wordpa use, or something?

Thanks ;3

parabolee
Jan 23, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hello, mmm I can't get it to open it because I don't have 'word' at all and its crashing on wordpad. Anyway, for you to convert it for wordpa use, or something?

Thanks ;3

You need to install OpenOffice. It an awesome FREE open suite that will allow you to open any Microsoft Office documents along with do pretty much ANYTHING you can do with MS Office.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Or sign up for a google account and use Google Document to convert the Word doc to a Google doc. Also free.

the_importer_
Jan 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
Pretty sure you made some mistakes with the Kanas for the Materials

_Vyser_
Jan 23, 2009, 07:54 PM
Pretty sure you made some mistakes with the Kanas for the Materials

You are correct, here are the corrections:

パワ—マテリアル Power Material ----> パワ—マテリルア Power Material
ヒツトマテリアル Hit Material ----> ヒットマテリアル Hit Material
ストフトマテリアル Swift Material ----> スイフトマテリアル Swift Material
ネイテイプ Native ----> ネイテイブ Native *you wrote "pu" instead of "bu"*

element translations:
fix:
ダ—ク Is poison, not confuse
カオス Inflicts a random status effect
add:
ライト Inflicts confuse
ライフ Uses HP to do more damage
ザルア Deband (Lower enemy Def.)

I think there were a few other elements you were missing, but I don't remember which ones.

LionHeart-
Jan 24, 2009, 10:12 PM
You need to install OpenOffice. It an awesome FREE open suite that will allow you to open any Microsoft Office documents along with do pretty much ANYTHING you can do with MS Office.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Or sign up for a google account and use Google Document to convert the Word doc to a Google doc. Also free.

Hey! Cheers for that, I've downloaded the OpenOffice and yes it works great! ^^;

If I have anything for you to add, i'll let you know but in the mean time awesome information get! :O

LionHeart-
Jan 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
I though it would be best to post this in here, instead of making a new topic.

So, when i'm looking at the level 100 stats on the Japanese PS0 wiki. I like to see whats the best stats to boost, with materials and a mag.

But its pretty confusing, annoying and time consuming to keep going through each class to see where I stand next to them with my character. So I thought it was time to do a stats chart ranking from the highest to the lowest:

All credit obviously goes to the Japanese wiki for the level 100 stats:

* A few notes:

Hunters are in colour pink.

Hmr = HUmar
Hml = HUmarl
Hnm = HUnewm
HNL = HUnewearl
HCT = HUcast
Hcl = HUcaseal

Rangers are in colour lime.

Rmr = RAmar
RML = RAmarl
RCT = RAcast
RCL = RAcaseal

Forces are in colour sky blue.

FMR = FOmar
FML = FOmarl
Fnm = FOnewm
FNL = FOnewearl

Numbers 1 - 14 are ranks. So number 1 is the highest along with the colour red and number 14 are the lowest, along with the colour blue.

I think thats about it. If you guys want to modify it in anyway to make it look neater, clear etc... Then i'll just send you the wordpad file.

Thanks, and I hope it helps!

_Vyser_
Jan 27, 2009, 03:32 PM
Very nice chart. This should save some time from mentally comparing all the different classes/races. Mind sending me the wordpad file? If I have time, I'd like to make it look pretty.

LionHeart-
Jan 27, 2009, 04:02 PM
Here you go mate, and i'm glad you liked it. I hope now you'll give it a nice make over :D

Thanks!

parabolee
Jan 29, 2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks buddy. I'll add it to the guide later.

Genoa
Jan 31, 2009, 04:37 AM
I downloaded Open Office (don't have Word) this app is awesome, thanks for link.
I downloaded the translation guide as well. I don't even own the game, and I really didn't know too much about PSZ... however, Seeing a few of the statistics/attributes that are in the game just by looking at the guide, kind of makes me want to order a JP copy... I don't know if I can hold out until fall :o
Thanks for the guide.

Here you go mate, and i'm glad you liked it. I hope now you'll give it a nice make over :D

Thanks!

oooh, very nice. Good guide :)