PDA

View Full Version : Master class question

Hulksmash
Dec 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
Ok so i have a fighmaster beast lvl 84 class level 10 , and was thinking of making a gunmaster but it seems that fighmasters do more damage and i dont really see whats good about gunmasters and all they do is strafe around and press x, seems a bit boring to me can anyone tell me some pros or what they like about master gunners?:-P

buzyb77
Dec 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
Some people like to hit stuff

Some people like to shoot stuff

And

Some people like to Show Sega how to break an engine while blinding the other players....

=)

_Vyser_
Dec 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
Some people like to Show Sega how to break an engine while blinding the other players....

=)

*coughMFcough*

This thread might have some interesting info for you to read about: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155503

It's all really on preference. Like stated above, there is at least one person who likes and at least one person who hates something about melee, gunning, or teching. FM is generally the strongest damage dealer from what I can tell, but they suck against anything that flies. The game is pretty easy as is, so it really doesn't matter what class you are as it would in other games of this nature.

If you have the time, try out GM. I didn't really like gunning at first, but I found this to be entertaining recently. Sure, they don't have flashy techs or melee combos, but there's something fun about owning monsters from across the map.

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
rich: fighmaster (all your numbers are based on your gear)
effort: gunmaster (all your numbers are based on your bullet levels)
rich and effort: (numbers are based upon levels AND gear)

=)

Aries2384
Dec 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
Gunmasters are a different experience than Fighmasters. Fighmasters don't deal more damage than a Gunmaster. Thats relative. If your PA's are lvl'd up, then you will deal decent dmg. If they arent... well.. you shouldnt even touch a master class yet. So tired of seeing these master whatevers running around with most of their pa's below lvl 20. Masters classes generally only outdamage their Forte and Figh counterparts if your PA's are lvl'd.
Back to the OP.. If you think that being a gunner could be boring, then do something else. Don't pick a class purely on your "concept" of raw "damage" but more or less for what you really want to do as a job.

ashley50
Dec 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
Its called preference dear PSOWorlder.

Gunning is not for everyone especially if you enjoy fancy animations with stars and auras fly around or a nuker who lags everyone 'cause of his/her 41+ techs.

Gunners do the same animation since V1 shooting and dodging, shooting and dodging.
It can be boring but its a support class to begin with anyways, not a frontline fighter or a mob Nuker.

and its mostly all about the shotguns for GMs...on close-quarters

And if you already know it was boring you shouldn't play this class. Stick to being a Fighter or a techer...

Seority
Dec 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
As far as "out damaging" goes, FF will always do the higher numbers (unless you have a 10/10 50% bil de axe lvl 50 PA ;>> ) then fighmaster. Thing is, fighmasters can pull off PAs faster, thus creating more damage faster, but as far as numberwise, the FF will win that.