PDA

View Full Version : Class analysis?

THOTH
Dec 25, 2008, 09:03 PM
So at this point, all of us have associations of what each class is like... now that the PSO formula is reinvented, the strengths and weaknesses of each class are also changed.

I was wondering if any one in the know could give us more in depth analysis of the classes that would relate more to vets of the series. In the past for an example RAcaseals were more of "challenge" class offline, whereas online their weaknesses were resolved with the aid of a force.

But yeah, which classes are you using, and what can you say about them to people that haven't played it yet?

Thanks!

Adriano
Dec 25, 2008, 09:27 PM
I was wondering this aswell, though I doubt the game's too difficult atm, since theres only 3(?) difficulties right now..however, so glad Racaseal =/= Highest DFP anymore >D

THOTH
Dec 25, 2008, 10:45 PM
Few things I learned:

Hunters learn Deband/shifta (if they aren't androids of course) rangers Zalure/Jellen. They get it to level 10 regardless of race. Regenerations work even if your not standing still, meaning even though Newmans don't get higher magic than their human counterparts, they can use more magic/abilities (and have higher evasion, which seems like it will play a higher role this time) There's been complaints about the usefulness of non force used stat modifiers, but it's still a new game so...

Reginaldo
Dec 26, 2008, 12:59 AM
Meh, I just chose a HUnewm because I don't wanna wear shorts as a HUmar!

vidokou
Dec 26, 2008, 01:34 PM
A HUcast is a Hucast is a HUcast.
only difference i've seen is, as stated above, droid regen is working 24/7

Tycho
Dec 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
For the sake of making an end-game discussion (even though noone's anywhere that far at this point ofcourse), how about we were to make a save game compilation so people could have an easier time comparing by themselves?

Aeternus
Dec 27, 2008, 10:53 AM
That's an excellent idea. About game saves though.. would it be possible to load more than 1 ROM on a flash card and also keep the .sav files separate to each game? I'm assuming we would have to place each PS0 instance in its own folder, and it would work?

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
I would say that the Ramar, so far, seems like a ranger. The main expection is use of some new weapons to your arsenal. They also have access to the Gunslash weapon. A fine weapon in itself. It kind of reminds me of a cross between a sword and a PSU level 11-20 Crossbow. Thus it has the aspect of where the attack power of its ranged should be treated as if it is double that. The only bad thing about it, is that the shooting aspect of the gunblade is with the alternate button(which doubles as the strafe). There seems to be a very limited aspect of ever comboing the ranged part of it. Something you can simply do for standard (non-heavy) guns.

However, it's a tough choice at times, it seems you have a good chance to find a weapon drop which kind of beats your current gunblade at the time. Taking note, I've seen a better pistol which had more power and also had a percentage chance to stun. (Whether you use the hard attack or normal) The stun status effect is pretty nasty, too. Saw it used on the Sasquatch bosses and it even effectively freezes them in place in midair if it lands while they're jumping in the midst of an attack.

Strafing is a little different here than previous strafing. It's kind of better and worse at the same time. In one case, it seems that strafing turns off the ability to do the 3-paced button press combo that you can do when you're not strafing. So shooting, in effect, slows down when you strafe. However, it appears the lock-on feature, for everybody, keeps your target in view. Even better, the lockon kind of tracks the enemy as they move, however if you are shooting, distant enemies can still dodge your shots as if they ran to the side while your bullet is travelling, they can still avoid it. Strafing still can sort of be used as a way to fine-tune your aiming. Just remember to stop moving in a strafe (you can remain locked on) if you want to do the 3-attack combo.

Tycho
Dec 28, 2008, 08:42 AM
That's an excellent idea. About game saves though.. would it be possible to load more than 1 ROM on a flash card and also keep the .sav files separate to each game? I'm assuming we would have to place each PS0 instance in its own folder, and it would work?
It should work even in a single folder if you use separate file names. I'm thinking it'd be far more memory-efficient to just swap saves though.

Nowhere
Dec 28, 2008, 10:03 AM
Am I the only one greatly disturbed by this idea? It's really cheaty IMO. I guess it's going to happen anyway, whether it happens here or not, but it's kind of disturbing to see it endorsed.

uo0v
Dec 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
Am I the only one greatly disturbed by this idea? It's really cheaty IMO. I guess it's going to happen anyway, whether it happens here or not, but it's kind of disturbing to see it endorsed.

No, this worries me also.

Tycho
Dec 28, 2008, 03:16 PM
No, this worries me also.
I'm no staff, nothing is being 'endorsed'. They probably wouldn't.
From the way I see it though, anyone able to use downloadable save files (i.e. the flashcart users) could easily back up their saves when trading to dupe PDs (for mats/scapes) or anything else for that matter anyway, so I really don't see how this could make it easier for people to cheat... other than providing originals for people to copy I suppose, although these could be removed beforehand.
Also, if you Google for it you can already find codes for infinite cash/HP/PP/exp/grind, increased walking/attack speed, unlocking all titles and item/monster entries, equip-all, and item modding (considering the rare db thread I'd link to it for the complete item list, but it's probably not allowed -- not like it's hard to find that way anyway).
What exactly is there left to ruin again? The only thing that could happen is people translating the cheat descriptions to English to put them on other sites and wait until it spreads over the community. Yeah, it's sad, but predictable. On the bright side, I doubt cheating would be as fun when the game has no communicative functions to brag about it to strangers.

Aeternus
Dec 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
Cheating is going to happen.. it's inevitable. But at least there will be a group of legit players like most of us that know cheating basically ruins the fun out of the game. Online mode I expect to only play with cheating free friends.

as far as the sav files, I think it's a good idea to get another perspective on characters I normally wouldn't play. Either way.. there is no stopping the cheating, just have to deal with it. At least we don't have to worry about paying for a game that is hacked like PSO/PSU

Aeternus
Dec 28, 2008, 03:32 PM
It should work even in a single folder if you use separate file names. I'm thinking it'd be far more memory-efficient to just swap saves though.

yes I know, i was just wondering because you can only have 3 spots for characters so I meant you would need more than one copy of the game on the flash cart to get all the sav files straight.

Shiroyu
Dec 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/903/49094079zt4.png

HP, PP, power, guard, hit, swift, mind, total.