PDA

View Full Version : proof that rifles have no added speed boost as gunmaster

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 07:23 PM
i will be hosting a video shortly of a level 16 rising shot shooting faster than a level 26 grav shot and others, for some reason only bullets below 21 have the speed boost that the master classes give and and its not just my rising shot ether, my burning shot at level 15 shoots faster too.

Everyone please confirm this for us as sega might have to fix this issue

P.S heres the video and there was no lag at all by the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_si9ebmlzY

blkbeast
Dec 26, 2008, 07:29 PM
lag much? thats my half a dollar....

Ezodagrom
Dec 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
And here's proof that they fire faster (or at least on jp version ^^;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oERTq5ZhpJQ

Also looks like at higher lvls rifle bullets get slower.

Magus_84
Dec 26, 2008, 07:37 PM
Rifles slow down as the PA levels get higher, but that applies to both Masters and non-Masters. Masters are still faster.

See the video Ezodagrom posted, starting at 1:07

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 07:54 PM
Rifles slow down as the PA levels get higher, but that applies to both Masters and non-Masters. Masters are still faster.

See the video Ezodagrom posted, starting at 1:07

sorry magus but i do think that my rifle bullets are the same speed as my fortegunner and i heard meny complaints that rifles feel the same speed as they used too so i doubt that its just my rifles that seem faster at level 16, try for yourself if you wish...

DesuJet
Dec 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
Is there a power difference between a 150/20 Fortegunner with LV40 bullets compared to a 150/20 Gunmaster with LV50?

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 08:03 PM
when i reach level 20 gunmaster i will let you know...but i think they hit the same about but gunmaster hit faster so in the long run a gunmaster would do more dammage i guess

DesuJet
Dec 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'm 20 in both classes but I'm too lazy to do it myself. I swear they both do about the same damage but I think GM does 100-200 more per bullet. It kinda pisses me off that rifles and twin handguns shoot at the same speed as Fortegunner which makes the class a little obsolete.

If it weren't for the shotty and laser cannon speed I probably would've stayed Fortegunner.

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
yes i totaly agree rifles and twin hand guns shouldent shoot at the same speed as fortegunner and i think sega MAY have miffed gunmaster up a little, hope a GM read this.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
You're mistaken. Rifles are faster in GM.

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 08:33 PM
unless you have proof i dont belive you i can tell that my bullet are not faster unless i use a bullet below 21

Para
Dec 26, 2008, 08:53 PM
Shotguns are definitely faster in my experience. As for rifles... I think it only goes faster if you have the correct timing at firing otherwise you might cause yourself some lag after the shot.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 26, 2008, 09:01 PM
Rifles are still faster as a GM vs. a Forte, the bullet PA's do get slower though. A lvl 41+ rifle shot will still manage a 2:1 ratio from what I'm seeing and doing.

No offense to OP but I'd rather go along with BIGGIE and others here just due to their time and experience here.

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
its not just a slight speed boost below 21 its a major speed boost compaired to above 21 so if you havent tried it yourself dont bother posting (I dont mean to be hastey)

OH and i can now confirm that a level 21 and a level 31 bullet are the same speed when used on gunmaster so it seem that whoever said bullets get slower as they level, lied

DarkEliteRico
Dec 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
Guess you didn't bother watching the video, and one that's somewhat new here already starting to irritate the piss out of me. All but Killer shot for me are 40+ so don't need to tell me that they don't slow down, they do. They get their biggest reduction in speed at 41, their is very little difference between 21-31 bullets.

Needs to update my psupedia page again.

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 26, 2008, 09:32 PM
listen buddy i sure as hell dont like your attitude, i wasent tring to be hostile but seeing as you've pissed me off too why not? yes i do agree that 41 bullets are slow but only slightly slower than 31 or even 21 BUT level 1-20 is way faster than normal i remember being a fortegunner and all my bullets were about the same only a slight speed difference... now what im tring to say is that level 1-20 bullets are way faster than normal SO untill i hear word from a GameMaster (or modarator) about this issue i will not bow down to someone who thinks that im not right because im new to the "forums", Ive been playing PSU for about 2 years now so dont tell me im new, because im not Okay?.
Ive also got 2700 hours+ on my main charecter and another 700 on my gunner so i think ide know if there was a speed difference between all of the above

Good bye im going to play some GBR runs because i want another LKK
P.S i dont care about YOUR PSUpedia page because its an unoffcial website that contains BULLS*IT period. OH and please send me a link stating that rifles get slower as they level on psupedia AND the offcial PSU site, until then, go sit on a hockey stick

Magus_84
Dec 26, 2008, 09:43 PM
Part of the speed difference with GM vs FG is that if you don't press the button fast enough, you don't get the full benefit of the increased speed.

If you're expecting "normal" rifle timing and you're pressing the button according to that expectation, that normal speed is about the speed you'll get. Button mashing tends to speed it up a bit.

Then again, even if their rifles and twins were slowed to 1/3rd of normal, the speed boost to shotguns/lasers and stat boosts from 41-50 PA levels would make them broken as hell anyway.

Gunmaster with level 50 bullets should (unless I did the math incorrectly) outdamage a same-race, same class level Fortegunner.

15% ATP from 40-50 on Shotguns, and 7% element.

30% ATP from 40-50 on Lasers, and 5% element (capping at 50).

20% ATP from 40-50 on Rifles, and 8% element.

Those stat mods alone are enough to beat Fortegunner. Add in the speed boost and it's a massacre.

ashley50
Dec 26, 2008, 10:17 PM
lol...does it really matter if it fires slow or fast? Just keep shooting...

Dec 26, 2008, 10:27 PM
lol...does it really matter if it fires slow or fast? Just keep shooting...

I don't usually post in these threads, but I'm gonna have to second this one

Kumlekar
Dec 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
Part of the speed difference with GM vs FG is that if you don't press the button fast enough, you don't get the full benefit of the increased speed.

If you're expecting "normal" rifle timing and you're pressing the button according to that expectation, that normal speed is about the speed you'll get. Button mashing tends to speed it up a bit.

Then again, even if their rifles and twins were slowed to 1/3rd of normal, the speed boost to shotguns/lasers and stat boosts from 41-50 PA levels would make them broken as hell anyway.

Gunmaster with level 50 bullets should (unless I did the math incorrectly) outdamage a same-race, same class level Fortegunner.

Those stat mods alone are enough to beat Fortegunner. Add in the speed boost and it's a massacre.

^This^

blkbeast
Dec 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
I don't usually post in these threads, but I'm gonna have to second this one
yea preach

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
i dont care about YOUR PSUpedia page because its an unoffcial website that contains BULLS*IT period. OH and please send me a link stating that rifles get slower as they level on psupedia AND the offcial PSU site, until then, go sit on a hockey stick

Contradict yourself much?

Anyhow, if you took the time to WATCH the GODDAMN video that was posted MONTHS ago when the JP server got the master classes, this has already been addressed.

The video shows a gunmaster and fortegunner side by side to show the speed increase, THEN shows a gunmaster with each tier of bullets (0,11,21, etc..) ON THE SAME SCREEN to show the difference in speeds.

Don't disavow things because you're too stupid to look for the information.

And for the record pal, PSO-World ain't an official site either, so why are you even asking about it here if "unofficial" information isn't something you wanna deal with?

Go ahead and bother a GM with this though, I'm sure they'll enjoy your wasting their time.

RegulusHikari
Dec 27, 2008, 12:32 AM
31 and 41 are the most noticeable. However I can't say I ever noticed ANY slowdown as a FG. This is how it probably works:

The GM boost modifies the FG speed directly, rather than simply adding speed. That way, since the base rifle speed gets lower and lower with each increment, so does the overall boost. Let's say the GM automatically fires at 150% of normal speed. 150% of 100 results in a gain of 50, but 150% of 50 only results in a gain of 25. Example:

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/regulus427/Random%20Stuff/rifles.jpg

So since there's only a 15% difference between 1-31 as FG, there's nearly a 23% difference as GM, making it more noticeable. Obviously, the numbers need tweaking, but that's basically what happens. From my experience:

41-50 GM = 31-40 FG and 31-40 GM ain't much faster. Luckily, I believe rifles are the only bullet to slow as they level. Pretty unnecessary, IMO.

Yunfa
Dec 27, 2008, 01:11 AM
I L o Led at this thread, it clearly shows the OP did not bother to watch the video that was posted below him. I have to say that video was made VERY WELL to compare bullet lvl speed decrease as from lvl 1 bullet to lvl 41.

My opinion is that, maybe the OP feels he put effort into making a vid to strengthen his point, so therefore is too stubborn to accept what everyone is telling him, not even from the experts that have been here since launch day. *facepalm*

I would quote his fraustration, but eh, whats the point.

To OP, WATCH TEH VIDEO!!! It's the proof you've been screaming for, so no need to get hostile.

Tsavo
Dec 28, 2008, 04:38 AM
It was confirmed ages ago that both the firing speeds of bullets(escpicially on weapons like rifles)and the casting speed of techs slows the higher the level of the PA. This is old news and looking at how this rule applies across the board I think its safe to say that not only is Sega aware of this but maybe, just maybe, implemented it as a game balancing mechanic. This has nothing to do with GM's speed boost which, even with level 50 PAs, still fires faster than fG. Of course you could just watch the video on the first page which shows this difference in painstaking detail. This makes your "proof" in the original video moot as you were using it to prove a false assumption.

Before you think I'm attacking you, I'm not. You simply seem to be misinformed or unaware. Instead of defending that ignorance however try taking a look at and considering the information you've been presented with here. Doing so will not only increase your understanding of the game but might also help you build some credebility.

Kadajenova
Dec 28, 2008, 05:25 AM

But fortegunner beat GM at the defensive side, if u die u lose some seconds before u can shoot again, those seconds that a fortegunner wont lose. I said this billion times, masterclasses are ONLY offensive classes, for pple who ONLY want DPS no matter HOW MANY TIMES they die (see MF).

Yunfa
Dec 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
But fortegunner beat GM at the defensive side, if u die u lose some seconds before u can shoot again, those seconds that a fortegunner wont lose. I said this billion times, masterclasses are ONLY offensive classes, for pple who ONLY want DPS no matter HOW MANY TIMES they die (see MF).

Getting off topic, you cannot factor in "deaths" regarding to overall damage due to the fact that not everyone plays the same.

DreXxiN
Dec 28, 2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, I took a break from PSO-W.

This thread is still going?

No surprise.

Mikura
Dec 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
Getting off topic, you cannot factor in "deaths" regarding to overall damage due to the fact that not everyone plays the same.

That, and deaths are kinda random. In a room full of megid tossers, anyone could drop at any time, I don't care what class you are. Also depends what kind of party you're in, how many people are with you to divert attacks, etc. MF does have subpar defense though, I will grant you that. The knock to EVP and HP is a bitch. >_>

GeekRuler
Dec 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
Ive also got 2700 hours+ on my main charecter and another 700 on my gunner so i think ide know if there was a speed difference between all of the above

Seriously? and your bullets are still under 21? Anyway... Ezo's video says it all...
Sorry to bring this up the jerk in me had to... :3