PDA

View Full Version : When do you get new ranked weapons?

Dark Reaper
Dec 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
Im a little confused and iritaited. I'm all ready on mission 10 in story mode for PSU and I still dont have a rank A weapon. Any one know after what mission , level, or hunter/ranger/magic lvl you need to be in or at to get the next higher ranking of weapon?

ex: to get rank A weapons you need to be....... to get rank S weapons you need to be......

hope that helps to exsplain what im asking for.

LLSmoothJ
Dec 26, 2008, 09:29 PM
The only things that are preventing you from getting higher ranked weapons are Class and ATK/ATA/TEC points.

You have to be at least in an advance class to be able to use the A-S rank weapons. Once you switch to an advanced class, you're only restricted by the amount of ATK/ATA/TEC your character has.

Kumlekar
Dec 26, 2008, 11:13 PM
The only things that are preventing you from getting higher ranked weapons are Class and ATK/ATA/TEC points.

You have to be at least in an advance class to be able to use the A-S rank weapons. Once you switch to an advanced class, you're only restricted by the amount of ATK/ATA/TEC your character has.

He just said he was in story mode...

I don't know the full details as I never played story mode (I let me friend do it and watched all the cutscenes), but I heard that you can buy the high ranked weapons right before the final chapter. I'd assume that most weapons are availiable in extra mode, or in AOI.

Dark Reaper
Dec 27, 2008, 03:46 AM
Ok thanks. I gusse I will work on getting to that final chapter insted of waiting till i get a new PS2 or find out that i can some how use a PS2 mem card on a PS3. (I realy hope the second and or third option come soon I realy dont wana redo that finaly chapter / it was a pain once realy realy dont wana do it aign!)

LLSmoothJ
Dec 27, 2008, 04:21 AM
He just said he was in story mode...

Whoa my bad! I thought he meant the online story mode (I'm on 360 and thus forgot about V1's offline story mode.). But still, the higher ranked weapons should become available to buy. I think the only ones that you'd probably won't have access to until near the end of the game are the S-rank ones IIRC.

Namine
Dec 27, 2008, 05:17 AM
To use a PS2 Memory card on the PS3 you need this:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64038

Though some PS3 are not able to play PS2 games, don't know how to tell except putting the disc in the PS3 and seeing if it works.

DreXxiN
Dec 27, 2008, 05:54 AM
PSU works on my PS3 at least. 60GB model.

Clunker
Dec 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry to be a downer, Dark Reaper, but if you bought that PS3 'new' in the last YEAR...

Ps2 games likely WON'T work. The last of the PS2 Compatibility went out the door in late 2007.

I, too, have a PS3 60GB with "Chipset" Ps2 Compatibility... it's fantastic at running PSU.

Visit this link for details on backwards compatibility on the PS3:
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=232

Good Luck!

thunder-ray
Dec 27, 2008, 12:08 PM
I noticed when I clicked on your link to read the info on the new ps3's that they only have 2 usb ports instead of 4. I also think that it sucks that they got rid of the backward compaitble abitity for the ps3. Im very glad that I brought my 60GB ps3 in the middle of the year it came out :)

Clunker
Dec 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
Yes, the whole 4 vs. 2 USB, the "why would you want backwards compat" issues...

I really think that this is one of the big issues PS3 isn't the top seller for it's generation of console.

One of the biggest advantages PS has had since day one, was it's huge library. A big selling point of PS2, was that 98% of PS1 games were still compatible.

Now, it seems that Sony is trying to almost make PS2 and the PS3 rival brands, or somesuch nonsense.

thunder-ray
Dec 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree with you on that one the main reason why I brought the ps3 was because of its compaitible system. Also they're arent very many good ps3 games out for this console. There are some that ive brought that we're pretty cool but most of the time I still play my old ps and ps2 games. Most of my other friends that have ps3's only own maybe like 4 or 5 games for the ps3, but still play the old games.

Who knows maybe sony will figure out that taking the compaitible system out was a mistake and maybe put it in the 160GB?

Clunker
Dec 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
Actually, the link I provided shows that the 160GB will NOT have any compatibility with the PS2.

(The link refers to a November 2008-released model; perhaps you are referring to some other one?)

thunder-ray
Dec 27, 2008, 10:02 PM
Actually, the link I provided shows that the 160GB will NOT have any compatibility with the PS2.

(The link refers to a November 2008-released model; perhaps you are referring to some other one?)Ya I know the 160GB wont have the compatible system. I was just saying that it would be cool if they made a 160GB with the compatible system in it.

Dark Reaper
Dec 27, 2008, 10:12 PM
lol I wasnt talking about some how being able to play PS2 games on a PS3 I was talking about loading a PS2 game data on a PS2 mem card onto a PS3. see i beat the game on story mode once befor but i saved it on a PS2 mem card but my PS2 broke and I was un able to play my game again and i didnt want to redo story mode. so i was wondering if there was some way i could plug in a PS2 mem card into a PS3?

thunder-ray
Dec 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yes there is you need to buy yourself a memory card adaptor at a local gamestop or wal-mart. That way you can copy your data on a ps3.

Dark Reaper
Dec 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
thank you very much!

Tetsaru
Dec 28, 2008, 06:21 PM
I may be completely wrong about this, but iirc, there was a patch you could download from the Playstation store for free that would allow you to play PS2 games on your PS3. I was able to play Soul Calibur 3 and Final Fantasy 12 on mine just fine... it's an 80 GB model, not sure if they were originally compatible or not...

*EDIT* - Nevermind, after checking that link Clunker posted, I found out my PS3 is the CECHE01 model - the 80 GB one that IS backwards-compatible. Guess I got lucky then. ^_^;