PDA

View Full Version : Goddamnit, Guitar Hero!

Chuck_Norris
Dec 26, 2008, 11:05 PM
No no, this rant isn't about the game specificly. Nor something like "olo reel getar r betarz" It isn't about it being too hard, and whinning about not being able to beat Through The fire And The Flames on expert, no. This rant is about Why the FUCK can't I use a keyboard to type stuff?!

Good god. This is a Playstaion THREE. It has FOUR USB ports! Why can't I use a keyboard?! You gotta use this retarded ass typing system, where you go down the line of letters, trying to find the one you want, then press some button to put it up. It takes roughly 5 minutes to type something that could take 5 seconds with a keyboard. But can you USE one?! NO! What the hell, man?

Oh, and it gets even worse with the online play and the create-a-song function. What's that? You want to search for a specific song? Well fuck you! You gotta spend 5 minutes typing it in, then accidently exiting the search tab, and spend another 5 minutes putting it in again, fucker! :disapprove:

Seority
Dec 27, 2008, 02:54 AM
Cuz pressing that D-pad is WAY to difficult :wacko:

Chuck_Norris
Dec 29, 2008, 11:24 PM
Cuz pressing that D-pad is WAY to difficult :wacko:

Why do you feel the need to harass me in every thread I make? The rants forum is for people to vent their anger. You really don't need to respond at all. Go get a life. >_>

Aisha379
Dec 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
I can share your pain with buying Wii points in the Wii shopping menu.

I was trying to get a Link to the past, so I put in my credit card info and everything, and RIGHT at the last confirmation screen, THEY FLIPPED YES AND NO (IE: Yes was now the left option instead of right)

So I accidentally clicked "no" and it sent me ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE START.

Thats somewhat logical at least, I canceled it, so it takes me back, BUT...after that I tried again, and I forgot to put in my zip code, and it goes "lol u forgot something" and it actually resets the channel, which takes about 15 seconds, and goes all the back to the first screen of the shopping channel D=

You are correct though. Any PS3 game that requires entering letters of any kind should be USB keyboard compatible. That goes for the 360 too.

Funny how the games themselves get better but we had an easier time inputting things on the SNES =|

Seority
Dec 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry there.
(Not like you don't troll my topics as well :wacko: )
Didn't knew you typed so much on Guitar Hero ;)

CelestialBlade
Dec 30, 2008, 04:43 PM
How easy or hard it is to type using the given system is irrelevant; I think there's a good point in stating that this is the Playstation 3 and you'd think keyboard capability with Guitar Hero would be easy. Maybe not the most necessary thing in the world, but hardly a hassle to put in.

DreXxiN
Dec 31, 2008, 03:23 PM
One person paying to play a game per month and buying fake plastic instruments shouldnt tell the other person doing the same to get a life.

On a side note, fuck WT's calibration :(.

Most licensed songs you want to search for are banned anyway, and I just use the top/latest functions. XD

Yeah I hate the search thing though.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
One person paying to play a game per month and buying fake plastic instruments shouldnt tell the other person doing the same to get a life.

I'd say playing a video game for enjoyment is a bit more "lifelike" than trolling a forum, looking for any chance you get to flame one person who you don't like, no matter how stupid it ends up making you look. >_>

Aisha379
Dec 31, 2008, 05:31 PM
If its any consolation I think all three of you look pretty stupid at the moment D=

Chuck Norris didn't start it though, so he gets significantly less stupid points.

thunder-ray
Dec 31, 2008, 09:28 PM
Wow that really sucks I had no idea guitar hero didnt allow you to use a keyboard for the online part. Having to use that typing system wouldve annoyed the hell out of me . I prefer to be able to use a keyboard if any kind of typing is required :ak:

pikachief
Dec 31, 2008, 10:37 PM
all teh girls i know <3 teh gehtar heroz! dat y i plai teh gehtar heroz so i can be kewl 2!

:wacko:

Kent
Jan 1, 2009, 01:51 AM
Now I'm really curious as to whether or not the 360 version supports a USB keyboard. If it does a call to the Xbox 360 standard keyboard interface, then it should allow one (as well as the chatpad) to be used.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 1, 2009, 03:41 AM
Now I'm really curious as to whether or not the 360 version supports a USB keyboard. If it does a call to the Xbox 360 standard keyboard interface, then it should allow one (as well as the chatpad) to be used.

It wouldn't surprize me. Although, the PS3 has it's own standard on-screen keyboard, several types of USB keyboards, and a chatpad just like what the 360 has. (With a few extra things thrown in, but it's basicly the same) So, it'd be kind of odd if the 360 would have it, and not PS3.

Powder Keg
Jan 1, 2009, 03:49 AM
I can't see it being easier/harder for one system, so I'd be shocked if you could do it on 360 and not PS3.

It's just laziness by the developers. Games today are rushed, and don't think about these kinds of things. Another good example is allowing games on the Wii to be used with the Classic Controller, or any game allowing you to change your controller setup (especially remakes that were changed, Kirby Superstar!!)

Seority
Jan 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
The thing is Chuck, you are still upset at me for ... um.. you know it's been so long I kinda forgot. =P
Sorry you still hold grudges this long. I'm not flaming you at all lols. I play WT with DreX and we didn't have to much of a problem typing using the guitars. Are there some online chats or something that go on in WT? I honestly don't know.

And Chuck, we both PLAY PSU as well. We are equal no lifes lols.

Oh no! Stupid points from Aisha! @ o @'

Aisha379
Jan 1, 2009, 12:30 PM
Oh no! Stupid points from Aisha! @ o @'

Well it isn't only from me. I'll tell you that =O

Problem = You guy's seem to have some unresolved issues for <whatever>, yet you keep fighting on the public forums. Frankly, take it to PM's or shut up about it, since no one else cares and the fighting is just killing the topics.

This topic has had enough suffering. CARRY ON.

Oh, and that annoying method of PS3 typing is just....annoying. I hate the whole numerical texting kind of system X_X

Seority
Jan 1, 2009, 12:46 PM
I actually have no problem with it.

Like how I don't care if I get stupid points from you.

n_n

WT is hawt enough. I'd rather ActiVision just fix the calibration before adding kbs though lol.

Aisha379
Jan 1, 2009, 12:52 PM
I got put off of World Touring after hearing about crappy calibration and that they plan to start charging a fee for downloading user created songs (this may be old news / obsolete now though)

Well, I kinda got bored of those games after Rock Band anyway...

I still find it funny so many "next gen" systems actually seem to be downgrading input devices though...

thunder-ray
Jan 1, 2009, 02:25 PM
Oh, and that annoying method of PS3 typing is just....annoying. I hate the whole numerical texting kind of system X_XTell me about it :cry:

gorefiend
Jan 1, 2009, 05:37 PM
Play real guitar, got me my girlfriend, And you look way cooler. =]

gorefiend
Jan 1, 2009, 07:35 PM
Woah.... Hey seo is cools!

Commodity
Jan 1, 2009, 10:05 PM
It doesn't.

It doesn't use the keyboard interface, it does the old "arcade" style for inputting names, going up and down through letters. You know, technology that is estimated to be "very old".

But who cares, GH:WT sucks so much balls, the bundle was just a complete waste of $200