PDA

View Full Version : You go to the bathroom, and right when...

furrypaws
Dec 27, 2008, 12:10 PM
The phone rings?

x.x

Then, after it rings and nobody leaves a message, it immediately rings again so you know it's important.

You manage to catch it on the fourth ring right before it leaves a message and it turns out it's your brother asking you which kind of taco you want or something else that could've waited five minutes.

I don't know about you guys, but this practically happens nearly every time I go to the bathroom home alone. x_x;

Aisha379
Dec 27, 2008, 12:32 PM
Solution = Cordless phone

andinb4indecentjokes

furrypaws
Dec 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
That doesn't help much if you've already started going. >_>

Kylie
Dec 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
I ignore my phone all the time. :-P If it's really important, they'll leave a message at some point.

Shadowpawn
Dec 27, 2008, 01:02 PM
If you have a answering machine just let it pick up the message. If it was really important then most likely someone would have just left a message.

Aisha379
Dec 27, 2008, 01:44 PM
That doesn't help much if you've already started going. >_>

Dur, if your home alone you take the phone into the bathroom with you.

I'm with Kylie though, I just ignore the phone. I only answer it when I'm home alone and its my parents.

furrypaws
Dec 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
Dur, if your home alone you take the phone into the bathroom with you.

I'm with Kylie though, I just ignore the phone. I only answer it when I'm home alone and its my parents.

Because that's the first thing I think about when I have to use the bathroom. >_>;

And I don't know if it's my parents or anything, or if it's an important call that needs to be taken now. It normally isn't, but it generally isn't worth the risk.

Keyword being generally. <_<

lainofthewired
Dec 27, 2008, 03:52 PM
In coolness I don't even have a home phone.

Seority
Dec 27, 2008, 04:01 PM
I don't really have this problem.

The only one I have is when the roll gets empty, I am always going #2. (Yes without a spare one there as well ><;; )

Tessu
Dec 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hmm... it doesn't happen to me when going to the bathroom, it's when I'm taking a bath. PLUS, it's never the home phone, which I can easily ignore. It's my fucking dad's phone. That thing rings like a dog whistle, except it's more like a "young woman taking a bath" whistle. And more often than not, it's his clients, and so they CALL AND CALL AND CALL, and then they TEXT AND CALL SOME MORE. If my dad didn't pick up the phone the first 4 times, he's not going to pick it up the 5th, shit. Not only that, but throughout the time I'm in the bath, it's beeping, like HEY!! YOU MISSED SOME CALLS, NUB!!

Oh, wait, one more thing. Did I mention it rings forever? I mean, like, it can keep ringing for over 2 minutes just from one phone call? Most phones grace us with the "you have 30 seconds to pick up the phone" rule, but HIS phone is like "No FUCK that, anybody calling me needs to say something important and I'm going to keep making the same noise for 2 minutes".

Then I get out of the bath, and just as I'm drying myself off, ANOTHER phone call. So I hastily tie my hair up, get in a towel, make sure my feet are dry and run allllll~ the way downstairs. Then just as I grab the phone the ringing stops.

And it stops for good.

Holy shit.

CelestialBlade
Dec 27, 2008, 05:21 PM
Personal bodily maintenance > phone. They'll leave a message and you'll feel better, all at the same time.

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2008, 05:25 PM
Whenever I'm sleeping or gaming I don't bother with the phone unless nobody bothers to pick it up.

gorefiend
Dec 27, 2008, 06:18 PM
I tornado break my phone....
Or else i go and get into a anime fight with telstra

McLaughlin
Dec 27, 2008, 06:38 PM
No one at my house answers the phone but me. If I'm busy, leave a message. If you don't I'll assume it wasn't important.

My brother's friends like to keep calling until someone picks up, so when they start spamming the phone I pick it up and scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP" and hang up again. I'm about to block a few of their numbers though.

EphekZ
Dec 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
aw, I thought this would be about the problem I have going to the bathroom. there's 2 other people living with me, and pretty much every time I need to use the bathroom, one of them is in it. Usually it's when I need to shower or take a crap. It's really annoying.

Darkly
Dec 27, 2008, 07:49 PM
cell phones, the future i tell ye!

Adriano
Dec 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
In coolness I don't even have a home phoneuse the bathroom.

SAME.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 27, 2008, 08:47 PM
I, quite deliberately, do not have a landline in my home. It is easily one of the most obnoxious devices one can own. Since everyone in my household has their own cellphone, having a landline would be superfluous, and simply another bill to pay.

Just the same, I've often received calls mid-stream. If I recognize who it is, then I'm likely to just answer the phone, on the assumption that they will be more embarrassed to hear the tinkling noise followed by the flush, than I will be to talk to them while relieving myself. Play it cool, and they will apologize to you.

Leviathan
Dec 27, 2008, 10:43 PM
At least it isn't a machine/ robocaller. >:/

The only people that call my house phone and cell phone are people telling me I need to check my car warranty.

If only I HAD a car to put a warranty on. :sad:

Inazuma
Dec 28, 2008, 02:19 AM
cell phones, the future i tell ye!
exactly. if answering the phone is so important to you, ask them to call your cell instead.

i put my cell near me when i sleep, shower or go to the bathroom. works just fine for me.

darkante
Dec 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
Seriously, the phone CAN WAIT sometimes.
Whoever the F calls, if i´m showering or something if they get pist for me not picking up it so swiftly, can shove their phone up their ass.
Jesus.

AC9breaker
Dec 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
If someone is calling me they call my cellphone. and I always have it off. Besides bathroom time is my sacred zen meditation time. Can not be disturbed especially when I have the latest issue of Nintendo Power or some new videogame manual.

ulyoth
Dec 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
Dont normally have a problem with the phone, dont give anyone the home phone, but when im expecting a delivery they will always without fail come when im sat on the toilet or having a shower after ive got up early and stayed in the house ffor our hours for them to deliver my damned parcel.

Sharkyland
Jan 12, 2009, 11:05 PM
Irony is a beautiful thing. Usually I'm in the shower when stuff like that happens (mailman seems to do it all the time as well). Being a mailman as well, I seem to catch people in the shower.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 12, 2009, 11:40 PM
At least it isn't a machine/ robocaller. >:/

The only people that call my house phone and cell phone are people telling me I need to check my car warranty.

If only I HAD a car to put a warranty on. :sad:

I told one of those guys the FBI would be arriving at their house shortly.

They haven't called since.